Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-12-2006, 10:06 AM   #1
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

WW small game: James Bond - Goldfinger (Game Over)

British Intelligence has received information from the Bank of England that a gold dealer named Auric Goldfinger has been recently stockpiling suspiciously large amounts of gold bullion. After further investigation, it has been learned that solely stockpiling gold is not his only plan, but instead he has far more sinister intentions. If Auric Goldfinger's evil scheme called "Operation Grand Slam" is successful, he will be able to entirely destroy Fort Knox and wreck the world's economy.

You and your fellow agents have been issued orders to hunt down Auric Goldfinger and his henchmen and prevent his plan from succeeding. Will you be in time to save the world's economy? To make matters worse, British Intelligence states that somehow Auric was able to get his hands on a list of current agent numbers. He'll know how many are out there looking for him!

GM note: The story for this game is loosely taken from the James Bond stories. Relying entirely or in part on the actual stories or movies to gain information would be counter-productive and possibly harmful in your game analysis. Some things possibly have been changed to better fit the game mechanics.

Last edited by Alan T : 12-20-2006 at 08:07 PM.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:07 AM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Winning Conditions:

Secret Agents - The secret agents win the game when they have completely rid themselves of Auric Goldfinger and his henchmen.

Auric Goldfinger and Henchmen - Auric Goldfinger and his henchmen win when they achieve a 1 to 1 ratio with remaining secret agents and are able to complete your dastardly plans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Schedule:

The game will consist of 2 game periods. The Daytime period which will run from 9:00am EST until the deadline of 9:00pm EST each night between Monday and Friday. The Nighttime period will run from 9:00pm EST until the deadline of 9:00am EST each night between Monday and Friday. The weekend schedule will be stated at the time based on popular choice.

Any actions that occur outside of their proper schedule (votes before or after the day period, or night actions sent in during the day) will not count without prior approval. If for some reason you need to submit a vote or action outside of the normal schedule, please PM me and we will work out the best possible solution if needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Roles

Agent 007 (James Bond) - You are the best of the secret agents and thus have a knack for learning information through all sorts of means. Each night you may scan one other person to learn if they are an evil henchmen or a fellow secret agent.

Auric Goldfinger - You are the evil mastermind, always managing to stay one step ahead of Britain's finest. Each night you may choose one of your henchmen to kill a secret agent. You may also choose to do the job yourself as well. You may also choose to not perform any night kill in an attempt to create suspicion.

Oddjob - You are one of Auric Goldfinger's henchmen. You don't have any job other than carrying out Auric Goldfinger's commands. You may communicate with Auric Goldfinger via PMs during the game. In the case of Auric's death, you obtain the ability to dictate who the night kill will be each evening.

Ms. Galore - You are not one of Auric Goldfinger's henchmen, however you are sympathetic to their cause. For game purposes, you will show up as an agent if James Bond scans you and you count as an agent in regards to the overall 1 to 1 agent vs henchmen game ratio. You will not win however with the agents, and in fact your winning condition relies on Auric Goldfinger and his henchmen winning. You know who Auric Goldfinger and his henchmen are in this game however you are not allowed to PM with them. They do not know who you are.

Secret Agents - Each of you are given a special number. Being a secret agent however is tough work and requires some level of discrescion.

Bodyguard - Randomly assigned to one of the secret agents, each night you may choose one player to protect. If you protect the target for the night kill, you will prevent the night kill from happening but will not learn any other information about the attacker. If you protect the player designated to perform the night kill, you will not learn any information about them however the night kill will not be able to be performed that evening. You may not choose to protect the same player two nights in a row, however you may choose to protect yourself if you desire.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daytime period:

Each daytime period, all remaining players in the game will be called upon to place a vote. The player receiving the most votes will be sent at the end of the day back to England where they will receive intense interrogation. They will be removed from the game at that point and their role will be revealed.

In the case of a tie with the voting, those who are tied will have their tie broken based on the oldest standing vote (based on post number). In cases of Unvotes and then revotes for the same candidate, the newer post number will be used.

When placing your vote, please Bold your votes such as:

Vote Alan T

or

Unvote Alan T

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night period actions:

Many, but not all of the roles have night period actions that are to be submitted to me before the night deadline of 9:00am EST. At the end of the night period, James Bond will receive a PM with the information that he found the previous night. The Henchman who was performing the night kill will also receive a PM with the results of their actions. With the morning writeup following each night period the role of any dead player will be revealed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer:

I reserve the right to post additional rules, or modify the rules, roles or occupations at any time to fix game imbalances. If there are any questions about the rules, or needs for clarifications, please feel free to post in the thread, or privately via PM at any time for more information. I also reserve the right however to keep certain things hidden during the game to improve game playability.

Last edited by Alan T : 12-13-2006 at 08:23 AM.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:07 AM   #3
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Player Sign ups: (10 player max)

1. Path12
2. DaddyTorgo
3. Barkeep49 - Killed Night 2 - Agent 000
4. Lonestargirl
5. Chief Rum
6. Dodgerchick - Arrested Day 1 - Agent 006
7. Blade
8. Dubb - Arrested Day 2 - Agent 001
9. Fouts
10. Lathum - Killed Night 1 - Agent 009 (Bodyguard)

Game Start
Day 1
Night 1
Day 2
Night 2

Last edited by Alan T : 12-19-2006 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:47 AM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Rules and story posted as well as signup list. I'll take signups until either Sunday or once we get 10 players (whichever happens first).

Regardless of when we get the players by, we will not begin the game until roles are sent out on Sunday and Day 1 will end Monday evening at 9pm EST.

If people would like to sign up as an alternate either before or after we reach the max 10 people, I will place you on the list at any point.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:49 AM   #5
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Bah, and I just realized I'll ruin my exact 1000 posts when I post a thread on the main forums to announce the game.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:50 AM   #6
path12
Coordinator

Put me down, but I'd be happy to give it up to a newer player if necessary.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:51 AM   #7
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Bah, and I just realized I'll ruin my exact 1000 posts when I post a thread on the main forums to announce the game.

Just delete the thread after you fill the game.....
Old 12-12-2006, 12:07 PM   #8
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

what path said...I am in but happy to give up my spot for a newer player if need be.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 02:38 PM   #9
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Early deaths mean I get to play in all the games, large and small. Sign me up.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 02:54 PM   #10
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Early deaths mean I get to play in all the games, large and small. Sign me up.

I'm glad you finally joined me in this

Last edited by SnDvls : 12-12-2006 at 02:54 PM.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:31 PM   #11
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I have decided i will only play in small games. So sign me up for this one
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:42 PM   #12
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I have decided i will only play in small games. So sign me up for this one

How come?
Old 12-12-2006, 06:04 PM   #13
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Because I can't be online as much as most people who play. And its easier to catch up on 2 pages than 5 like I have been doing with the muskateers game
Old 12-12-2006, 06:41 PM   #14
Fouts
College Starter

Going to pass, unless you have trouble finding enough players. I think I may be overexposed lately in these games.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 11:49 PM   #15
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'm in. Sounds like fun.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:45 AM   #16
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
I'm glad you finally joined me in this

So are you saying you're in, SnDvls? Because if that's what you intended, Alan hasn't counted you yet.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:11 AM   #17
Lorena
Unregistered

In

Last edited by Lorena : 12-13-2006 at 02:30 AM.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:31 AM   #18
Blade6119
Coordinator

and with DC in, im in
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:14 AM   #19
SnDvls
Pro Starter

sorry I was a little confusing in my post.

I'm not in I have too many family members coming into town for the holidays and they are staying at my house so I'llhave to pass on this one.

hope that clears it up some.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:27 AM   #20
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Small game note. Sorry for already making a rule change, but the following modifications have been made:

The following line has been removed from the role description for agents in the rules:

You are never allowed to give out your number during the game. If you ever state that you are Agent 004 for example, the henchmen will instantly kill you and remove you from the game.

And the following line has been added to the storyline:

To make matters worse, British Intelligence states that somehow Auric was able to get his hands on a list of current agent numbers. He'll know how many are out there looking for him!

This simply means the bad guys will start with a list of what agent numbers are in the game and which are available, which could be used for fake reveals. I originally wanted a mechanism in place to prevent people from just coming out and saying oh I'm agent so and so, and quickly eliminating all of the bad guys. This change is just a different way of handling that to my preference.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:30 AM   #21
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Auric Goldfinger - You are the evil mastermind, always managing to stay one step ahead of Britain's finest. Each night you may choose one of your henchmen to kill a secret agent. You may also choose to do the job yourself as well. You may also choose to not perform any night kill in an attempt to create suspicion.

Quick question on the bolded part. Is that an actual action that causes suspicion to fall on a player? I don't understand in a short game why no kill would be a beneficial thing or create suspicion since I don't see a jailing option or anything like that.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:35 AM   #22
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Quick question on the bolded part. Is that an actual action that causes suspicion to fall on a player? I don't understand in a short game why no kill would be a beneficial thing or create suspicion since I don't see a jailing option or anything like that.

Nope, no artificial suspicion is created other than the discussion of why there was no night kill. This just allows a non-action as an option if so choosing.

Last edited by Alan T : 12-13-2006 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:54 AM   #23
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Nope, no artificial suspicion is created other than the discussion of why there was no night kill. This just allows a non-action as an option if so choosing.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll say that if I was Goldfinger, there will be no nights off for my henchmen!!
Old 12-14-2006, 09:10 PM   #24
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hope we get some more players. I am looking forward to giving this one a shot.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:14 PM   #25
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Hope we get some more players. I am looking forward to giving this one a shot.

This game is fine with 8-10, if we get 1 more we will be fine. Its just limited at 10.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:14 PM   #26
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

I would love to get in this game, but the schedule just doesn't work for me. I'm leaving town on the 21st and while I'd probably be killed before then, I don't want to risk it.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:35 PM   #27
Blade6119
Coordinator

hoops maybe? hes dead now too
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:05 AM   #28
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Friday bump before the weekend. Would like 1 more at least, got room for 3 more.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:12 AM   #29
Fouts
College Starter

Put me down as an alternate. If you need me to reach 10, then I'll play.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:23 AM   #30
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Alan, I can play if you need one more but I will be leaving town next Thursday with limited access until after the new year.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:07 PM   #31
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

If there is room I'll play, but Sunday is a very bad for me with a family get together that day. Hopefully if the game is starting Sunday, the deadline is not until Monday night? If so and there is room I'll play.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 02:37 PM   #32
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
If there is room I'll play, but Sunday is a very bad for me with a family get together that day. Hopefully if the game is starting Sunday, the deadline is not until Monday night? If so and there is room I'll play.

The roles will go out sunday night and I'll start the game then. Probably between 8pm and 10pm EST Sunday night. The first night's deadline is 10pm EST on monday night, so you should be just fine.

Lathum, Fouts and Hoops all stated they'd play if I needed another body. I don't "need" another body per say, so don't have any of you three on the signup list. If any of you (or anyone else) wants to play anyways though, just sign up before tommorrow night. THere is two spots left for anyone interested.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:27 PM   #33
Fouts
College Starter

Go ahead and add me.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:39 PM   #34
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

go ahead and add me as well
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 05:17 PM   #35
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

This game's roles are being assigned by random.org. PMs should go out to everyone in the next 2-3 hours with your role.

PM's will basically look like this:

Your side: Good or Evil
Your agent number: (if good)
Other special information about your role:
Old 12-17-2006, 05:57 PM   #36
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

You have received the briefing on your new mission. Word has it that three agents of British Intelligence failed to report in after trailing a gold dealer by the name of Auric Goldfinger. The only information you have received is that his evil plan named "Operation Grand Slam" must be stopped. You set out immediately in search of the trail in hopes of finding some sign of him.

The game has officially started. Day 1 will end at 9:00pm EST Monday Night.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:17 PM   #37
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

PM received. checking in and ready to hunt Goldfinger.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:38 PM   #38
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

PM recieved... is it bad that I have never watched a James bond movie?
Old 12-17-2006, 07:06 PM   #39
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
PM recieved... is it bad that I have never watched a James bond movie?

not for purposes of the game, but for purposes of being a human being, yeah
Old 12-17-2006, 07:07 PM   #40
Lorena
Unregistered

Got my PM
Old 12-17-2006, 07:07 PM   #41
Lorena
Unregistered

Actually, I've never seen a James Bond movie either :o
Old 12-17-2006, 07:11 PM   #42
Blade6119
Coordinator

00 checking in, ready to kick some ass, and score some i suppose
Demotivation
Old 12-17-2006, 07:12 PM   #43
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

lol. i don't even know who's playing in this game i just realized. gonna check!
Old 12-17-2006, 07:13 PM   #44
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

long as it's not scoring with Ms. Galore I'm good with the scoring part. Wanna be my wingman Blade?
Old 12-17-2006, 07:38 PM   #45
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm ready to go. I've got the lamest 00 name ever.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:28 PM   #46
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Just read my PM and checking in. Diggin' it.

I'll take my martini...well, you know.

Old 12-17-2006, 09:16 PM   #47
Barkeep49
Coordinator

No Chief, I don't know. How will you take it?
Old 12-17-2006, 09:29 PM   #48
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No Chief, I don't know. How will you take it?

Shaken, not stirred.

Old 12-17-2006, 09:55 PM   #49
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I want to lynch daddytorgo day one because he is getting too good at being evil.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:49 PM   #50
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I'm ready to go. I've got the lamest 00 name ever.

Interesting. I am a 00 and I wasn't given a name. Hmmm, which of us is lying.