Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-26-2007, 09:53 PM   #151
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I think Rum needs to explain his non vote tonight... I hate when people miss votes.

Also, we dont HAVE to do anything tonight correct? We can keep our items if we would like and accept others if they are sent to us? I just dont want to screw up like I did last game
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:56 PM   #152
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I think Rum needs to explain his non vote tonight... I hate when people miss votes.

Also, we dont HAVE to do anything tonight correct? We can keep our items if we would like and accept others if they are sent to us? I just dont want to screw up like I did last game

Read the description of your item in Barkeep's opening posts. Some items you have to use, or you lose them. I think mine is of that type.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:57 PM   #153
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

Correct. Some items, if unused, go to another person though. Also there is a penalty for not passing a pardon.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:57 PM   #154
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I really thought we'd see some sort of fireworks. Guess I'll have to wait until the 4th of July.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:59 PM   #155
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
I really thought we'd see some sort of fireworks. Guess I'll have to wait until the 4th of July.
Sorry. Death scenes are not my forte.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:01 PM   #156
Poli
FOFC Survivor

No, no, no. It's not you. I just figured we'd see all sorts of people doing this, that, and the other with their items.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:02 PM   #157
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Well, c'mon, damnit. I picked up Titan Quest and need to plow through some more undead.

Hope you enjoy TQ - it has gotten a ton of hours on my PC.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:11 PM   #158
RendeR
Coordinator

Ack...well if I'd known my BS vote for Daddytorgo would get him lynched in the end I'd have changed it earlier. Sorry dude =( I wasn't able to get online for a couple hours, my router took a dump =(

I feel like shit now. Bleh.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:18 PM   #159
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Ack...well if I'd known my BS vote for Daddytorgo would get him lynched in the end I'd have changed it earlier. Sorry dude =( I wasn't able to get online for a couple hours, my router took a dump =(

I feel like shit now. Bleh.

I'm not sure I understand.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:18 PM   #160
Swaggs
Coordinator

Even though DT went down, I think that was actually a very productive Day 1. The voting could potentially be very useful down the road. There is/was a definite two player runaway with some (for lack of better terms) throwaways.

If we can identify whether Render is good or bad in the near future, we could learn quite a bit.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:29 PM   #161
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quick clarification: On something like the wolfbane leaf, it does not have to be given away tonight. So you can keep that tonight and give it away on Night 2. This is one of several reasons why the give action takes place before items are used. A similar logic would apply to anyone who got something from Daddy T.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 06-26-2007 at 10:29 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:31 PM   #162
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Even though DT went down, I think that was actually a very productive Day 1. The voting could potentially be very useful down the road. There is/was a definite two player runaway with some (for lack of better terms) throwaways.

If we can identify whether Render is good or bad in the near future, we could learn quite a bit.

Agree that it was an interesting vote, but I'm not really inclined to look at Render. I'm more interested in people that voted for DT.

knives out
Old 06-26-2007, 10:42 PM   #163
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Agree that it was an interesting vote, but I'm not really inclined to look at Render. I'm more interested in people that voted for DT.

I'm actualy inclined to look at the throw away votes. Like someone said, usualy day one is villager vs. villegar and the wolves stay clear.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:53 PM   #164
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I'm actualy inclined to look at the throw away votes. Like someone said, usualy day one is villager vs. villegar and the wolves stay clear.

It irritates me that I have to keep pointing this out, but DT's items go to the players who voted for him. So the wolves had extra incentive to vote for DT, owing to the rules.

knives out
Old 06-26-2007, 11:38 PM   #165
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

Umm, not that I want to point this out, again, but *I* voted for DT. Granted it was a total throw away as I had no reason to vote for him or anyone. But I didn't think you should ignore me when you say you are interested in those who voted for DT.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:21 AM   #166
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Hope you enjoy TQ - it has gotten a ton of hours on my PC.

I'm enjoying the hell out of it so far. I'm level 9 and just leaving Megara.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:23 AM   #167
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I agree. I hate it when people miss votes, too. I especially hate it when I am that person.

Unfortunately, I had to stay over at my first job to finish a late rush file, and didn't have enough time to get to a computer before my next job started.

Given we ended up in a close vote and killed a villager, this, of course, looks particularly bad, and I would understand a move to lynch me. Doing so, though, will only kill another villager.

I actively chose not to vote this morning because that is pretty much what I did last week (voted early and first in the last game because of a two-job day) and y'all lynched me for it. So you got no ones to blames but yerselves. Next time don't lynch the first guy when he says he will be gone all day at his jobs and has no choice but to vote early (and BTW, LSG, you yourself were one of those voters).

Since a nonvote may result in my item not working, I will not by using it tonight. I believe it is valuable and wouldn't want to waste it.

I only work the day job tomorrow, so I will be back in time to put in a vote, short of my car breaking down or something stupid and odd like that.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:25 AM   #168
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Umm, not that I want to point this out, again, but *I* voted for DT. Granted it was a total throw away as I had no reason to vote for him or anyone. But I didn't think you should ignore me when you say you are interested in those who voted for DT.

You're not cleared. But I think that if you're a wolf, then GE just put himself in league with you on the late vote, and that would be something that could be sorted out relatively quickly. So you and GE are just slightly elevated for now in my eye.

But when you said earlier that you would have changed your vote, I call bullshit. If you had moved you were likely lynched.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:55 AM   #169
saldana
Pro Starter

shitty that DT went down...in case anyone cared..i went out drinking tonight and didnt get back until after the deadline..i will be more active tomorrow evening.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:50 AM   #170
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Just got back from Die Hard. I was hoping to process results now, but am still missing 3 actions. Will do it in the morning which might be slightly late. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 06-27-2007 at 02:50 AM.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:28 AM   #171
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Just got back from Die Hard. I was hoping to process results now, but am still missing 3 actions. Will do it in the morning which might be slightly late. I apologize for the inconvenience.

How was the movie? My normal Friday night date night is being moved to Wednesday night for other various reasons, and this was one of our choices to possibly see tonight. (ok more my choice than hers, she isn't really super motivated to see it)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:18 AM   #172
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Sending out night results now.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:19 AM   #173
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Sending out night results now.

Way to not answer my question about the movie!
Old 06-27-2007, 09:26 AM   #174
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I assume GE's going to break the tie. My bigger concern is what I brought up earlier, which is that the player lynched, his items get distributed to players who voted for him. Since I posted that, there's been hardly any movement at all, which makes me worry that the wolves are on the two leaders. Do you have any thoughts on this?

I'm thinking of moving my vote to somebody else. Maybe Rum, who had a chance to vote earlier and didn't. Or maybe Passacaglia or ardent, who have jumped on the two leaders.

cronin -- here's the first post I see you mention that the items get distributed to the players who voted for him, and in it you say you brought it up earlier. You mentioned that DT has some neat items, but I don't see any post in which you brought up the fact that the items get distributed to players who voted for him. You've been irritated about bringing it up a few times, and you mentioned that there was hardly any movement, but I'm not sure what kind of reaction or movement you expect. I figure, especially on Day 1, even a villager is likely to keep his vote on DT, thinking that his items have no bearing on whether or not he's a wolf, and if he happens to be a villager, at least they get a chance to get a cool item. Anyway, I see the point you're trying to make, but I'm not sure how we can use it to hunt some wolves.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:27 AM   #175
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Way to not answer my question about the movie!

Yeah no kidding. Who cares about who's dead, and who has what items now -- we demand to know about Die Hard IV!
Old 06-27-2007, 09:29 AM   #176
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
cronin -- here's the first post I see you mention that the items get distributed to the players who voted for him, and in it you say you brought it up earlier. You mentioned that DT has some neat items, but I don't see any post in which you brought up the fact that the items get distributed to players who voted for him. You've been irritated about bringing it up a few times, and you mentioned that there was hardly any movement, but I'm not sure what kind of reaction or movement you expect. I figure, especially on Day 1, even a villager is likely to keep his vote on DT, thinking that his items have no bearing on whether or not he's a wolf, and if he happens to be a villager, at least they get a chance to get a cool item. Anyway, I see the point you're trying to make, but I'm not sure how we can use it to hunt some wolves.

Post # 89, where I quote the part of the rules:

Quote:
Just saw this. Pretty clearly gives the wolves some incentive to vote for DaddyTorgo, since he's hinted he has some neat items.

Nobody responded, and the only players that voted after that were ardent and GE (going by memory).

knives out
Old 06-27-2007, 09:35 AM   #177
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Right, like I said, you mentioned that DT has some neat items. I'm still not sure what kind of response or vote movement you expected to see after that.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:39 AM   #178
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Right, like I said, you mentioned that DT has some neat items. I'm still not sure what kind of response or vote movement you expected to see after that.

I was just hoping to get conversation going on that, but after I mentioned it twice nobody wanted to talk about it. I think its an important bit of strategy for the wolves - they will want to be on the vote leader every day, as much as possible.

knives out
Old 06-27-2007, 09:45 AM   #179
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I was just hoping to get conversation going on that, but after I mentioned it twice nobody wanted to talk about it. I think its an important bit of strategy for the wolves - they will want to be on the vote leader every day, as much as possible.

Conversation is cool -- looks like we have that going now, at least. I think the same strategy applies to villagers -- villagers want cool items, too. Maybe later in the day, when it's a little more clear who's going to be voted out, the villagers should jump on to vote for that person as well? That way, we make it more likely that items go to villagers.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:45 AM   #180
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The scream shot out across the city like an arrow. People leave their houses to try and find what the commotion is and finally it is found:

Chief Rum has been killed by the wolves. You have now lost two citizens. Are you any closer to finding the wolves? Hopefully the answer will be yes after today.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:46 AM   #181
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, my guess is that the wolves would want to put themselves in position for items if they can:
1.) identify that the person up for lynch has a particularly interesting item (DT said as much yesterday)
2.) avoid a pattern of being on the top vote getter, which is obviously easy to do on run-away votes but a little harder on a day like yesterday where it is fairly close

Why put yourself in position, time and time again, to be associated with the top vote getter for items of unknown quantity?

I'm glad you raised the point and I think it is worth considering, but when I play as a wolf I try to randomize my actions as much as possible, both in an individual game and game-to-game. The pattern you are suggesting here seems like it would be pretty easy to detect over a few days.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:47 AM   #182
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bummer for CR, who has been a Day/Night 1 casualty the last two games.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:49 AM   #183
st.cronin
General Manager

Well, I had a one time scan, used it on ardent, and he came up villager.

So I'm probably going to be picking from GE, Render, Alan, and LSG, unless something else comes up.

knives out
Old 06-27-2007, 09:50 AM   #184
hoopsguy
General Manager

Silly question that I should have asked earlier: can the wolves both use an item and attack? Assuming there are multiple wolves (duh), can the attacking wolf also use an item?
Old 06-27-2007, 09:50 AM   #185
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
How was the movie? My normal Friday night date night is being moved to Wednesday night for other various reasons, and this was one of our choices to possibly see tonight. (ok more my choice than hers, she isn't really super motivated to see it)
The movie was completely implausible. John McClaine has to be the luckiest SOB alive. However, the action sequences were great. It was just as funny as the other movies. I definitely recommend it for people who liked the earlier flicks and/or who like good action films. It was frankly refreshing to have an action film that wasn't special effects driven. I give it 3 stars.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:50 AM   #186
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I could swear that you asked me directly a question regarding this and I am pretty sure I answered you.

Quote:
Conversation is cool -- looks like we have that going now, at least. I think the same strategy applies to villagers -- villagers want cool items, too. Maybe later in the day, when it's a little more clear who's going to be voted out, the villagers should jump on to vote for that person as well? That way, we make it more likely that items go to villagers.

And I am pretty sure what you said here is exactly what I said yesterday...
Old 06-27-2007, 09:51 AM   #187
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Oh, bugger. I gave CR my pardon, too.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:53 AM   #188
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Silly question that I should have asked earlier: can the wolves both use an item and attack? Assuming there are multiple wolves (duh), can the attacking wolf also use an item?
Yes.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:53 AM   #189
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I thought of this yesterday but wouldn't that mess us up in terms of voting patterns?
Old 06-27-2007, 09:54 AM   #190
hoopsguy
General Manager

So, what do people think about sharing the results from their items today? Given that they change hands, and enter/exit the game, it seems like there is a lot of value in doing so.

I'm sure there are items that don't make sense to share - passed items like the Pardon, for example, but stating that you had it yesterday and passed it seems harmless enough.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:54 AM   #191
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, I had a one time scan, used it on ardent, and he came up villager.

So I'm probably going to be picking from GE, Render, Alan, and LSG, unless something else comes up.

Really? What item did you use on Ardent?

I ask because I used the wolf scanner on him last night, and he came up wolf. I chose him for two reasons -- I have a hard time reading him, and he voted for DT.

VOTE ARDENT
Old 06-27-2007, 09:54 AM   #192
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Cronin, my guess is that the wolves would want to put themselves in position for items if they can:
1.) identify that the person up for lynch has a particularly interesting item (DT said as much yesterday)
2.) avoid a pattern of being on the top vote getter, which is obviously easy to do on run-away votes but a little harder on a day like yesterday where it is fairly close

Why put yourself in position, time and time again, to be associated with the top vote getter for items of unknown quantity?

I'm glad you raised the point and I think it is worth considering, but when I play as a wolf I try to randomize my actions as much as possible, both in an individual game and game-to-game. The pattern you are suggesting here seems like it would be pretty easy to detect over a few days.

Those are good points, which I have also considered.

knives out
Old 06-27-2007, 09:55 AM   #193
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I could swear that you asked me directly a question regarding this and I am pretty sure I answered you.
And I am pretty sure what you said here is exactly what I said yesterday...

Going back to see what I actually said, was:

Quote:
thus perhaps it benefits everyone villagers and wolves to do vote switches at the end in hopes of either getting an item or keeping an item from the other team.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:55 AM   #194
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Wow.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:55 AM   #195
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Oh, bugger. I gave CR my pardon, too.

why CR, just curious.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:56 AM   #196
hoopsguy
General Manager

So here is what I have for items yesterday. Note that using an item, in and of itself, doesn't provide information of wolf/villager:

Day 1 items:
Cronin - wolf scanner (cleared AE)
DaddyT - crystal ball (stated before death)
Mystery player - psychic link (contacted me)
Hoops - psychic link (did not contact Path or Pass)
Pass - pardon (passed to CR)
Old 06-27-2007, 09:56 AM   #197
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I thought of this yesterday but wouldn't that mess us up in terms of voting patterns?

Yeah, it does. The best I could come up with is that we wait until later in the day to make our jumps, but get some initial votes out there?
Old 06-27-2007, 09:56 AM   #198
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Really? What item did you use on Ardent?

I ask because I used the wolf scanner on him last night, and he came up wolf. I chose him for two reasons -- I have a hard time reading him, and he voted for DT.

VOTE ARDENT

I used a wolf scanner on him, too. I thought there was only going to be one of each item?

knives out
Old 06-27-2007, 09:56 AM   #199
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So, what do people think about sharing the results from their items today? Given that they change hands, and enter/exit the game, it seems like there is a lot of value in doing so.

I'm sure there are items that don't make sense to share - passed items like the Pardon, for example, but stating that you had it yesterday and passed it seems harmless enough.

My item has not been used yet to my knowledge, so I don't really feel its appropriate for me to share much about it yet. I am all for talking about it once the time comes however.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:57 AM   #200
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
why CR, just curious.

I thought he might take some heat for not voting yesterday, even though it's not a particularly wolfish move. So he seemed like the best candidate to both be a villager and get lynched.