Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-28-2007, 08:11 PM   #51
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Please remove my name Neon

Done. I swear I remembered that you signed up.

Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:19 PM   #52
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Please remove my name Neon

Why?
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:49 PM   #53
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Is it too early to vote for cronin?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:29 PM   #54
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Well, he has been quiet.
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:43 PM   #55
RealDeal
High School Varsity

This is my first WW game in 18 months. The last one I did was Animal Farm long ago.

I see no Chubby and no Blade, so I'm looking forward to this
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 12:08 AM   #56
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

lol
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:50 AM   #57
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Why?

Something'll piss me off and I'll end up saying some stupid shit and get stressed. It happens every game.

Last edited by Lorena : 09-29-2007 at 09:45 AM.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 12:22 PM   #58
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Day 0:

You all wake up from your deep slumber. You look around, and you are inside a room lined metallic sidings. You head towards the only door in your room... and find that you can't open it. You notice a numeric pad by the door, and, as if by instinct, you punch in seven numbers. The pad chirps a couple of notes, and the door unlocks itself.

As you walk out, you head toward a large room. Monitors cover all the sides of the room. In the middle of the room, you see a circular sphere. You also notice the other people around. They seem to have come from rooms of their own, and they all have that same dizzy look.

The sphere suddenly lights up. A hologram of an aged man is shown.

"Greetings. I take it that you have been able to rest? My name is not important. I am the man responsible for your existence. By the time you read this message, I would have probably passed on. This, is a recording of my memories, and it has been transferred into the computer mainframe before you... Neon Chaos. Of course, this doesn't mean that I cannot impart my knowledge to all of you. You are mankind's last hope, a genetically superior race, ready to brave the hazards of the new world outside. You are Project: Villager.

You will find that despite coming from one singular project, there are certain individuals that have different powers than you do. And there are individuals that have no powers at all. It has all been designed to allow your new society to thrive.

Rest once again, a new recorded message will show up at night, there is much to discuss before you leave the confines of the Iron Cross.

ALPHA WOLF HAS BEEN SELECTED.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:45 PM   #59
hoopsguy
General Manager

Let me be the first to announce that I am not the Alpha Wolf.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 12:56 PM   #60
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Here's how I read this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Let me be the first to announce that I am the Alpha Wolf.

All I can say is I got all excited to check my PMs but didn't have anything in there from Neon.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 01:08 PM   #61
hoopsguy
General Manager

BK, I probably would play it the same way if I was the wolf. But this was more of an attempt to make fun of the old "villager checking in" stuff that happens every game.

I have no idea if I'm going to be a vanilla villager, roled villager, vanilla wolf, or roled wolf. But if I'm going to be on team wolf then it will be by virtue of being selected by the alpha rather than being the alpha wolf.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:22 PM   #62
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Something'll piss me off and I'll end up saying some stupid shit and get stressed. It happens every game.

So does that mean you're never playing again?
Old 09-29-2007, 01:24 PM   #63
Schmidty
Coordinator

Dola.

I'm actually thinking about backing out, because I start working nights again next tuesday (11 p.m. - 7 a.m. PST), and sleeping most of the day. Once I get my laptop on October 7th, I'll be able to play more, because I can use the wireless my work provides.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:28 PM   #64
hoopsguy
General Manager

Schmidty, I would try to let Neon know one way or the other ASAP. He would either need to re-balance roles or get a replacement player, either of which requires moderator work/decisions.

Hope to see you in this one if you can make the schedule work. If we are going with a 24/12 schedule early I'm not sure how much play you would be missing between Tue-Sun (depends on weekend schedules, I guess).
Old 09-29-2007, 01:43 PM   #65
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Sorry but I have to back out.

My families best friend passed away early this morning unexpectantly. I'll be going up this week for the funeral, etc...

Needles to say I am devestated and will be in no frame of mind to be active.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:08 PM   #66
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Since roles haven't been passed out yet, Schimdty and Lathum have been removed from the game, seeing as they won't be able to play.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:04 PM   #67
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

alive and checking in
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:55 PM   #68
RendeR
Coordinator

Telle is available to play if you want to add someone for the people withdrawing.

She's been busy and hasn't been abl to sign up.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 05:59 PM   #69
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Alive and checking in.... when can I vote cronin dammit....
Old 09-29-2007, 06:39 PM   #70
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

why are we checking in and claiming to be "alive"? is the only werewolf around dead? I think noy. Will the werewolf's supporters be dead when they too become werewolves? No. If we prick them will they not swallow us down whole?
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 06:45 PM   #71
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
why are we checking in and claiming to be "alive"? is the only werewolf around dead? I think noy. Will the werewolf's supporters be dead when they too become werewolves? No. If we prick them will they not swallow us down whole?

Not sure about that, but what I am sure is that we need to vote cronin....
Old 09-29-2007, 06:46 PM   #72
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: or whoever it was that killed me in the upstairs/downstairs game....
Old 09-29-2007, 07:58 PM   #73
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm not the hardest sell on a Cronin vote after the Golf game
Old 09-29-2007, 08:28 PM   #74
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
This is my first WW game in 18 months. The last one I did was Animal Farm long ago.

I see no Chubby and no Blade, so I'm looking forward to this

Animal Farm was less than 18 months ago.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:34 PM   #75
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Old 09-29-2007, 08:35 PM   #76
path12
Coordinator

Checking in, BTW. In and out this weekend.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:00 PM   #77
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I'll post night 0 tomorrow.

Day 1 might start earlier on Monday, I have a meeting early morning and I might not be online at 10 AM.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:02 AM   #78
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

BTW. If you don't get a role PM'd to you, then consider yourself as a villager.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:41 AM   #79
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok I'm considering myself a villager then.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:10 AM   #80
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Ok I'm considering myself a villager then. Thanks for the making it easy for me, Neon.

This is about how BK's post read to me.

Two can play this game.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:16 AM   #81
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Sunday will be Day 0, the story will be told (by me. the ever-omnipotent GM. ). Roles will go out at Day 0. Night 0 is basically just there as buffer. Feel free to accuse who you think was randomly selected as the Alpha Wolf. :P

My initial question was what are we supposed to do with Night 0? So I pulled up this quote. I'll play along with the "pick the wolves" idea.

I would expect that a veteran player would want to avoid picking other vets and a newer player would want to pick names he recognized from games he read previously.

I've seen this mechanic one time before, when NTN got to pick the bad guys in my comic game. He selected Blade, LoneStarGirl, Path, and WVUFAN. Part of the considerations in that game were the powers associated with the hero/villain, but I'll maintain that picking the player was a huge element of that decision. Maybe NTN can comment on this further ...
Old 09-30-2007, 09:21 AM   #82
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I think Neon meant that if we don't get a PM when he posts Night 0 tomorrow (which is today), THEN we should consider ourselves villagers.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:26 AM   #83
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
My initial question was what are we supposed to do with Night 0? So I pulled up this quote. I'll play along with the "pick the wolves" idea.

I would expect that a veteran player would want to avoid picking other vets and a newer player would want to pick names he recognized from games he read previously.

I've seen this mechanic one time before, when NTN got to pick the bad guys in my comic game. He selected Blade, LoneStarGirl, Path, and WVUFAN. Part of the considerations in that game were the powers associated with the hero/villain, but I'll maintain that picking the player was a huge element of that decision. Maybe NTN can comment on this further ...

Has the alpha wolf already submitted choices? I'm not sure we should be discussing choice strategy if the choice isn't made yet.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:27 AM   #84
Passacaglia
Coordinator

On the other hand, maybe I should be sure I'm in. My name isn't in the first post.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:33 AM   #85
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

as for me checking in "alive" I meant that I myself, me personally daddytorgo is alive.

and I almost freaked when I realized I didn't vote last night, I got so wrapped up in the FM08 demo that I couldn't even remember to actually fall asleep in bed!

glad it was a no-vote night
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:08 AM   #86
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I'm here...checking in. I'll be around today for a few hours, then out for a while and back tonight...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:37 AM   #87
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Checking in and no PM, so villager here. I'll check in on and off today.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 04:27 PM   #88
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:

Sure.

In the comic game, my idea was to choose a mix of players both in power and in my knowledge of them. I chose Blade as he was thought of as a very good wolf and stirred up the pot clouding the waters for the villagers. His role was not that important to me. I had seen LSG perform very well in the previous couple of games, although I liked the idea of her character which I saw as a possible hidden powerhouse in that setting. Path's selectin was all about getting a known powerhouse, and Silver Surfer was one of the more powerful characters around. Finally I chose WVUFAN because I thought of him as a newcomer and unlikely to be thought of as chosen...(I had not realized he had played in games before, I realized only during the game that he had. turned out to be an inspired choice I think though. ) So as Hoops said there was a fair amount of considering the people involved more than the characters.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 04:40 PM   #89
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Night 0:

Night comes, and you all gather in the room once again. The holograph comes up once more. The old man goes into a diatribe about how all of you are going to change the world once you are released. He is then interrupted by another man.

Young Man: "Sir, I believe we have a problem..."

Old Man: "What is it? Hmmm... That IS strange. Perhaps we should run more tests."

Young Man: "Yes sir."

He turns back to talk to you.

Old Man: "As you can see, we are deep into research and new developments. Do not worry. By the time you have awakened, our job would have been finished. It is important that I talk to you about the glorious piece of machinery in front of you. It is named "Neon Chaos". Not only does it display these holograms, but it analyzes every single heartbeat and vital sign of everyone in the facility. Neon Chaos is also responsible for opening the hatch to the outer door. It is a sophisticated machine, containing an almost human-like Artificial Intelligence. Now, I have left it upon each individual to actually keep their identity as their own... Neon Chaos does not know your true genetic data. The only way to view it would be to place someone in the Degeneticization Chamber, and have Neon Chaos dissolve that being's matter in order to fully synthesize and analyze his or her genetic structure. Quite unneccessary, I tell you. As it is, Neon Chaos will most likely open the hatch in about 12 hours so. Make humanity proud; live long and fruitful lives.

Roles Have Been Given Out.

There are no night actions for Night 0.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 09-30-2007 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:37 PM   #90
RealDeal
High School Varsity

when do we find out about roles?

Also, when does the game start? I won't be on much this evening, but should have plenty of time starting tomorrow.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:01 PM   #91
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Also, when does the game start? I won't be on much this evening, but should have plenty of time starting tomorrow.

You just playing dumb here, or did you not read the post directly before yours? Or are you being sly to make us think you don't have a role?

I am guessing from lack of PMs that I am a rather ordinary villager with no skills whatsoever (that I am aware of).
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:32 PM   #92
hoopsguy
General Manager

Neon, can you clarify what the schedule is for this game in terms of day/night actions?

- 24/12, 24/24, or something else?
- are we on Day 1 or Night 0 right now?
Old 09-30-2007, 06:42 PM   #93
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

Neon has said that no pm = villager.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:22 PM   #94
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Please see post one for when Day 1 starts. We're going with the schedule posted there.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:29 PM   #95
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
You just playing dumb here, or did you not read the post directly before yours? Or are you being sly to make us think you don't have a role?

I am guessing from lack of PMs that I am a rather ordinary villager with no skills whatsoever (that I am aware of).

I thought that was fishy, too.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:01 PM   #96
RendeR
Coordinator

I got nothin...literally, joe schmoe villager here.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:09 PM   #97
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I'm here...glad I didn't miss a vote, or anything super important. As usual, I'm a regular old villager...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:40 PM   #98
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Given the schedule here, I will be long gone to work before I am able to vote, and I work both jobs both Monday and Tuesday. So I am faced with not being able to vote for either of the first days unless I can get to a computer, which is usually a hardship in the short time I have between my jobs.

I'll try, but I wanted to give fair warning ahead of time.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:43 AM   #99
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

Villager checking in!
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:28 AM   #100
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Day 1:

You all wake up in a start. Alarms were blaring off. You struggle to understand what is going on, and all rush to the central hall. Neon Chaos whirrs and buzzes, and one screen lights up.

WOLF VIRUS DETECTED.
CONTAMINATION: CONTAINED.
HATCH RELEASE PROCEDURES TERMINATED.
WOLF VIRUS MUST BE ELIMINATED.

Wolf virus? What is this? Neon Chaos then uses the hologram display to show you a recorded video. It is the old man, you assume that he is a scientist of some sort.

Old Man: "Project: Wolf, has been a catastrophic failure. We had envisioned a super-human race, capable to dealing with the harsh and dangerous world that they would encounter once the hatches opened. Upon testing, the subjects experienced spikes in strength, speed, and intelligence. The sideffects, however, where severe. The test subjects suffered from mild dementia, severe psychosis, and a penchant for rage and the desire to kill. Over the course of two days, it is no longer a genetic characteristic, somehow it has evolved into a virus. I suspect one of my staff is responsible for this. We hope to contain this virus as much as can."

The holograph ends, and another one appears. The man looks like he hadn't slept in days, or weeks even.

Old Man: "We have contained the virus to one subject. We have genetically codenamed him as Alpha Wolf. We are not certain if the virus is going to evolve in a different way depending on the genetic makeup of each indivual. For that matter, we have undergone through different projects. Codename: Seer, whose geneteic makeup include the ability to detect the virus on an individual upon several hours of concentration and silence."

The holograph ends, and one more is shown.

Old Man: "The virus is spreading... we didn't contain it as we thought we did. In the rush to find a quick cure... we have implanted two codes into two specific genetic makeups. The Herbalist code, which grants that specific human a skill to create a temporary pherromone that would drive away any Wolf Virus infectee. We have also implanted the Magistrate Code, a specific one-time override into Neon Chaos' judgement analysis and framework. We don't have much time... the virus seems to have affected me as well... Neon Chaos' database has been updated with all our top secret programs... I cannot detail them all. I have sealed myself and my men in the incinerator in hopes quelling this virus... find the Wolves... you must destroy the Wolf Virus..."

It is the final holograph.

Neon Chaos buzzes and whirs. The screen lights up again.

SELECT INDIVIDUAL FOR DEGENETICIZATION.

Day 1 Begins. Remember the rules for posting votes. Invalid vote formats (i.e. those that are not stand-alone posts) will not be counted. NO LYNCH IS NOT ALLOWED.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 10-01-2007 at 07:30 AM.