Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-28-2007, 01:56 PM   #451
RendeR
Coordinator

I disagree with BK's decision, but I'm not sure it points to him being a wolf. I've seen him follow faulty logic like a pit bull on a prime rib....however he could just be using that reputation to cover his fur coat, so to speak.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:11 PM   #452
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Render: I have seen lots of games with the duke being a bad guy and there was no good duke. This is, however, one of the few games I can recall that has the possibility of having both a good and evil duke. I do, however, feel the duke is exactly the sort of role which would be ommitted in a game where not all roles are included.

So based on that I feel there is only 1 duke in the game. Now, with that supposition it's a coinflip as to whether render is good or evil. A coinflip is better odds, for me, than any other possibility. I am hardly convinced of his being evil, but I like the possibility better than anyone else, as really the only other person pinging my radar is path.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:20 PM   #453
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm not thrilled with either of the two options at this point. In fact, if choosing from either of Barkeep's percentage plays, I'd have to go with his idea from yesterday.

VOTE LATHUM

Also, this vote takes us in a completely different direction, which I think is something we need right now.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:26 PM   #454
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Here is the current vote tally (as of post 453):

Path12 (1)- Claphamsa (422)

RendeR (1)- Barkeep49 (421)
Lathum (1)- Passacaglia (453)

Not voted: Telle, Path12, Anxiety, RendeR, SnDvls, ntndeacon, jeheinz72, Lathum

I won't be updating as much after 3 pm CST as the wife and I are doing a charity bowl this afternoon. I will be back in the evening and definitely by deadline.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:28 PM   #455
Telle
College Starter

Ok, my training is over and we're heading out shortly.. I'll be on the road all evening and probably won't make it in time for deadline.

There's just something about Barkeep that's pinging my radar this game. I'm not sure what it is.. but then I've also had games when I felt this way and was wrong.. but for lack of a better candidate right now..

VOTE BARKEEP
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:34 PM   #456
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Here is the current vote tally (as of post 456):

Path12 (1)- Claphamsa (422)
Barkeep49 (1)- Telle (455)

Not voted: Path12, Anxiety, RendeR, SnDvls, ntndeacon, jeheinz72, Lathum

I won't be updating as much after 3 pm CST as the wife and I are doing a charity bowl this afternoon. I will be back in the evening and definitely by deadline.

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 11-28-2007 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:40 PM   #457
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I'm not thrilled with either of the two options at this point. In fact, if choosing from either of Barkeep's percentage plays, I'd have to go with his idea from yesterday.

VOTE LATHUM

Also, this vote takes us in a completely different direction, which I think is something we need right now.

Why are we voting Lathum?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:43 PM   #458
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Why are we voting Lathum?
Pass says he's going off of my logic. My logic yesterday was that Lathum's absence corresponded with the absence of a night 1 kill. It was, simply, a Day 2 vote and one I haven't followed up with any real intensity since.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:44 PM   #459
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Not just that, but I don't like any of the ideas being floated around too much, so I'm just throwing something up.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:47 PM   #460
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I didn;t like that idea yesterday, and I like it less today.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:51 PM   #461
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I didn;t like that idea yesterday, and I like it less today.

Then you're in luck. "We" aren't voting Lathum -- just me!
Old 11-28-2007, 03:10 PM   #462
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Well it's getting to be that time where I need to get a vote in and start heading home. I hope to be back on again tonight, but not too sure.

I'll be the person to again break the tie and put a 2nd vote on someone.

of the 4 people there (so as to not throw a new name out there for jhenitz )

vote Path

of the 4 there now he's where I'll vote today. **shrugs**
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:30 PM   #463
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Here is the current vote tally (as of post 462):

Path12 (2)- Claphamsa (422), SnDvls (462)
Barkeep49 (1)- Telle (455)

Not voted: Path12, Anxiety, RendeR, ntndeacon, jeheinz72, Lathum

Old 11-28-2007, 03:30 PM   #464
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

It's between path and BK for me, I'll decide in the next hour or so before I"m gone for the day
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:42 PM   #465
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Nice hit and run Pass.

The thing about Render for me is that when he did use his duking ability he did it on a completely random candidate. The more I think about it I get a sense he was gunning for a villager role.

VOTE RENDER
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:43 PM   #466
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Nice hit and run Pass.

The thing about Render for me is that when he did use his duking ability he did it on a completely random candidate. The more I think about it I get a sense he was gunning for a villager role.

VOTE RENDER

huh? Where have I run to? I'm pretty sure I explained why I voted the way I did, then when asked, I explained it again.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:45 PM   #467
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
huh? Where have I run to? I'm pretty sure I explained why I voted the way I did, then when asked, I explained it again.

you explained WHY you voted the way you did. But why the vote for me?
Old 11-28-2007, 03:48 PM   #468
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
you explained WHY you voted the way you did. But why the vote for me?

Doesn't explaining why I voted the way I did also explain why I voted for you? Anyway, NOW i'm going to run. Heading home.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:50 PM   #469
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

VOTE LATHUM

show me where you explained why you voted me as opposed to someone else.

did you pick my name from a hat?
Old 11-28-2007, 03:52 PM   #470
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Nice hit and run Pass.

VOTE RENDER

There was nothing random about it. i explained to you exactly why I Duked to him. Why would you try and make it out to be a random shot?
Old 11-28-2007, 03:52 PM   #471
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Pass says he's going off of my logic. My logic yesterday was that Lathum's absence corresponded with the absence of a night 1 kill. It was, simply, a Day 2 vote and one I haven't followed up with any real intensity since.

Quote:
Not just that, but I don't like any of the ideas being floated around too much, so I'm just throwing something up.

Lathum this doesn't explain for you?
Old 11-28-2007, 03:59 PM   #472
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
There was nothing random about it. i explained to you exactly why I Duked to him. Why would you try and make it out to be a random shot?

your candidate came from left field. I realized you explained it but IMO it could easily be you were looking for an important villager role.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:01 PM   #473
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Lathum this doesn't explain for you?

that isn't really a satisfactory explination. You usually are the type of player that votes based on your own theories. Not someone else's day old theory.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:05 PM   #474
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
that isn't really a satisfactory explination. You usually are the type of player that votes based on your own theories. Not someone else's day old theory.
Yeah I'm not even voting on my day old theory since I was never thrilled with it
Old 11-28-2007, 04:07 PM   #475
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Yeah I'm not even voting on my day old theory since I was never thrilled with it

neither was I
Old 11-28-2007, 04:10 PM   #476
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Nice hit and run Pass.

VOTE RENDER

I'll be honest, my first reaction at seeing RendeR was duke, not evil wolf, and BK's argument that its 50/50 didn;t sway me, but this does. Thios is actual supposition, which I like.

Vote RendeR

Old 11-28-2007, 04:12 PM   #477
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I miss tanglewood in these games

Old 11-28-2007, 04:13 PM   #478
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
your candidate came from left field. I realized you explained it but IMO it could easily be you were looking for an important villager role.

And its just as likely I was looking for an important wolf role as well. You flipping BK's coins to make your decisions now?
Old 11-28-2007, 04:14 PM   #479
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I'm still not buying the case on RendeR (though I always read him wrong, so maybe I should wise up). BK just seems to be playing oddly to me, so unless someone changes my other mind in the next 45 minutes

Vote Barkeep
Old 11-28-2007, 04:15 PM   #480
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
And its just as likely I was looking for an important wolf role as well. You flipping BK's coins to make your decisions now?

BK's theory had no basis on my vote. I think I stated my point clearly.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:16 PM   #481
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
I'll be honest, my first reaction at seeing RendeR was duke, not evil wolf, and BK's argument that its 50/50 didn;t sway me, but this does. Thios is actual supposition, which I like.

Vote RendeR

So nothing else convinces you, but Lathum's self stated OPINION, does? Why do you trust Lathum so much to take a chance on Killing a Good Role? Give us something to validate this vote with besides "I like Lathum!"
Old 11-28-2007, 04:18 PM   #482
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So nothing else convinces you, but Lathum's self stated OPINION, does? Why do you trust Lathum so much to take a chance on Killing a Good Role? Give us something to validate this vote with besides "I like Lathum!"

It's simple. I like to vote based on supposition, I need to beleive that there is a good in game reason for a person to behave in that way, and then I;m comfortabel vating that way.

Saying you might be an evil duke is one thing, but providing context to that by illustraing how your behavior fits that statement is somehtign else entirely, and more convincing for me.

Note my vote is very risky. If you turn up the duke, I will have been the third vote on you, so I am putting myself out there, but I like Lathum;s reasoning, so here goes.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:20 PM   #483
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I think as a villager, I;m comfortabe taking more risks than as a wolf.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:21 PM   #484
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Anybody else ever notice that about yourselves?

Old 11-28-2007, 04:21 PM   #485
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
BK's theory had no basis on my vote. I think I stated my point clearly.

The coin flip comment was an aside relating to the fact that you have a 50/50 choice of "renders a bad duke, render's a good duke" and you decided, "IMO" as you said, that I'm bad.

Now please, validate that vote, at least admit you're guessing because you have no evidence to back it up with.

I at least have stated exactly why I duked Chesapeake, I was wrong, indeed. He was not a wolf. Sucks to be me because I wasted a duking. But to continue coming after me for doing so seems IMO, to be a really bad play.

I'll add that the way you, BK and Anxiety are all hopping this train looks pretty poorly on all of you as well. If you Lynch me and I turn up as the Persuader that I AM, then the rest of the village best be hanging you three one right after another.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:22 PM   #486
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

actualy your role is now useless to us.

I think killing you makes the most sense since we will wonder weather we can trust you the rest of the game. Plus it eliminates the possibility of killing a usefull role.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:23 PM   #487
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The coin flip comment was an aside relating to the fact that you have a 50/50 choice of "renders a bad duke, render's a good duke" and you decided, "IMO" as you said, that I'm bad.

Now please, validate that vote, at least admit you're guessing because you have no evidence to back it up with.

I at least have stated exactly why I duked Chesapeake, I was wrong, indeed. He was not a wolf. Sucks to be me because I wasted a duking. But to continue coming after me for doing so seems IMO, to be a really bad play.

I'll add that the way you, BK and Anxiety are all hopping this train looks pretty poorly on all of you as well. If you Lynch me and I turn up as the Persuader that I AM, then the rest of the village best be hanging you three one right after another.

Virtually all votes are guesses.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:23 PM   #488
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
It's simple. I like to vote based on supposition, I need to beleive that there is a good in game reason for a person to behave in that way, and then I;m comfortabel vating that way.

Saying you might be an evil duke is one thing, but providing context to that by illustraing how your behavior fits that statement is somehtign else entirely, and more convincing for me.

Note my vote is very risky. If you turn up the duke, I will have been the third vote on you, so I am putting myself out there, but I like Lathum;s reasoning, so here goes.

What reasoning? His reasoning is no more convincing that my reasoning? Its a coin flip, as I stated. There is no reasoning there that makes more sense one way or the other, so you're not following reasoning, you're following Lathum. Why?
Old 11-28-2007, 04:23 PM   #489
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I think it is interesting that we are going so heavily after someone very likely to be good. I think that is a very bad decision and will not follow that lead. None of these folks are high on my list at the moment. Three of them I trust more than the other, so that is where my vote will go.

Vote Path

I will be around in about 30 min to discuss this but it is time to go home. So I will deal with any questions about it then.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:27 PM   #490
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
actualy your role is now useless to us.

I think killing you makes the most sense since we will wonder weather we can trust you the rest of the game. Plus it eliminates the possibility of killing a usefull role.

My ability is gone but having a GOOD role alive and voting is not worthless in any way. Why are you after me so badly Lathum? Why does it make MORE sense that I'm bad than Good?

Why, if I'm bad, has the real Persuader NOT come out and outed me? Either way I die, the BG protects the real one and you all get a head start on winning this. Lynch me and you'll be proven 1 of two things, a bad playmaker or a wolf trying to lynch away a villager that can be trusted.

Lynching me is WIN WIN for the wolves. They get rid of a CoT player and they kill another villager.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:27 PM   #491
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I'd have to some day actually get to be a wolf to tell if it'd effect me or not. This is like my 6th or 7th game overall and still no wolf for me. I was almost the bodyguard once, but then cronin's game was reshuffled...
Old 11-28-2007, 04:30 PM   #492
path12
Coordinator

Just got slammed with a project. Don't know how much I'll be around to defend myself, but you can count on a self-preservation from me, since I'm good and all.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:30 PM   #493
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I'd have to agree, RendeR could be the beginning of a COT for us along with possible Claphamsa. Voting him off just seems silly to me. The numbers don't add up. The no-counter-reveal doesn't add up. The only one I could be persuaded to move to at this point would be path.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:32 PM   #494
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
I think as a villager, I;m comfortabe taking more risks than as a wolf.

Let me try turning your own reasoning back at you here:

If what you say is true and players take more risks as villagers than as wolves:

What seems more likely? That I took the big risk in duling to ches as a good duke or as a bad one? Using the ability like that is a huge risk for the bad duke because it does exactly what we see here, it gets people coming after him. So based on your own theory, it would have been utterly stupid of me to use the ability so early without knowing that my target was worthwile.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:33 PM   #495
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
My ability is gone but having a GOOD role alive and voting is not worthless in any way. Why are you after me so badly Lathum? Why does it make MORE sense that I'm bad than Good?

Why, if I'm bad, has the real Persuader NOT come out and outed me? Either way I die, the BG protects the real one and you all get a head start on winning this. Lynch me and you'll be proven 1 of two things, a bad playmaker or a wolf trying to lynch away a villager that can be trusted.

Lynching me is WIN WIN for the wolves. They get rid of a CoT player and they kill another villager.

you can never be in a COT unless you are scanned and come up good.

There may not be a persuader for one. For another you are getting heat now. If I was the persuader I would wait to see if you are going to be lynched before I unneccesaraly outed myself.

Not to mention IMO if someone came out as the real persuader we are all going to vote for them anyway and they would duke to you. So what's the point?

it seems like you are trying to bait someone into revealing something.

It is possible I am wrong but if I am so be it. You are essentialy dead weight at this point.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:36 PM   #496
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
I'd have to agree, RendeR could be the beginning of a COT for us along with possible Claphamsa. Voting him off just seems silly to me. The numbers don't add up. The no-counter-reveal doesn't add up. The only one I could be persuaded to move to at this point would be path.

there is no way I will trust Render unless the seer clears him
Old 11-28-2007, 04:38 PM   #497
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Here is the current vote tally (as of post 495):

Path12 (3)- Claphamsa (422), SnDvls (462), ntndeacon (489)
RendeR (3)- Barkeep49 (421), Lathum (465), Anxiety (476)
Barkeep49 (2)- Telle (455), jeheinz72 (479)

Not voted: Path12, RendeR

I'm now out for about two hours, have fun...
Old 11-28-2007, 04:40 PM   #498
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
there is no way I will trust Render unless the seer clears him

Explain this, You have NO real reason beyond a gut feeling here. you have a 0/50 shot at being right and I hate to break it to you, but yer wrong, again, about me.

Why do you always have a stick up the butt about me? You drive votes against me constantly, and you've never been right?
Old 11-28-2007, 04:42 PM   #499
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

ask me in a year! Ive never been a wolf

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:44 PM   #500
RendeR
Coordinator

*takes a breath* *sighs* anyway. Beyond lathum's personel death warrent for me, why are the rest of your voting for what is normally a trusted role? The simple possibility that there is an evil opposite? Or is there some real evidence?

Come on people, stop following Lathum's coattails like well beaten dogs. Give pepole some validation for taking out a good role villager!

If the seer scans me, how are they supposed to get that info to YOU Lathum? I'm all for it, but I want you to stop this attempt to OUT the seer by demanding that its the only way you'll trust me. Talk about wolfish. Others have bad vibes about you, but this really makes my skin crawl.