Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-03-2007, 09:01 AM   #51
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
XX should be an integer, 1 through 99. The chance you have of beating Team XX is (1-XX)%. If you win the game, you receive XX “powerpoints.” If you lose the game, you receive none. The computer rankings will only look at who has more powerpoints – it will not consider wins or losses.

Pass, quick clarification to make sure I'm reading this right. If I schedule a team that I have a 99% chance of beating, I get 99 powerpoints? Or do you mean that if I beat a team that had a 99% chance of beating me, I would get that many points? That way the reward=risk. Thanks!

PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:09 AM   #52
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Pass, quick clarification to make sure I'm reading this right. If I schedule a team that I have a 99% chance of beating, I get 99 powerpoints? Or do you mean that if I beat a team that had a 99% chance of beating me, I would get that many points? That way the reward=risk. Thanks!
You get 100 - the percent chance you beat the other team powerpoints.

So if you had a 99% chance of beating a team you'd get 1 PP. If you had a 40% chance you get 60 powerpoints.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:13 AM   #53
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
You get 100 - the percent chance you beat the other team powerpoints.

So if you had a 99% chance of beating a team you'd get 1 PP. If you had a 40% chance you get 60 powerpoints.

Thanks for understanding and answering the question better than me. I'll delete my reply!

Also, roles are sent out.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:17 AM   #54
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Got my two PMs. So to start things off, here is my understanding or our environment..

We have 17 teams. 4 conferences of 4 teams each plus Notre Dame. We will get to find out who notre dame is on day 4 as well as who is in what conference, but is there any reason to not reveal that information ourselves now to help us figure out who notre dame is early. Is there any reason we don't want to do that?

Now for the conference breakdowns.. each of our conferences want our conference to get the at large bid obviously.. but we also want to prevent the detractors from getting the at large bid either. Each conference is broken down with these roles according to Pass's PM examples:

scout/equip manager/lobbyist/saboteur

I guess I don't understand is.. is the saboteur the detractor? or are there 5 roles to choose from in each conference and only 4 of them are present?

Since there are no deaths in this one, is there any reason we don't want to be open with more information than normal.. ie: the scouts openly provide information to weed out the detractors, etc?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:20 AM   #55
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Got my two PMs. So to start things off, here is my understanding or our environment..

We have 17 teams. 4 conferences of 4 teams each plus Notre Dame. We will get to find out who notre dame is on day 4 as well as who is in what conference, but is there any reason to not reveal that information ourselves now to help us figure out who notre dame is early. Is there any reason we don't want to do that?

Now for the conference breakdowns.. each of our conferences want our conference to get the at large bid obviously.. but we also want to prevent the detractors from getting the at large bid either. Each conference is broken down with these roles according to Pass's PM examples:

scout/equip manager/lobbyist/saboteur

I guess I don't understand is.. is the saboteur the detractor? or are there 5 roles to choose from in each conference and only 4 of them are present?

Since there are no deaths in this one, is there any reason we don't want to be open with more information than normal.. ie: the scouts openly provide information to weed out the detractors, etc?

Each member of your conference has one of those four roles. Outside of that, one member of your conference is a detractor. Also, the four detractors are set up such that there's one of each role in their group.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:39 AM   #56
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Faithful conference team checking in. We are the Hoosier State Huskers.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:40 AM   #57
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

this is gonna be fun

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:41 AM   #58
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I made up that name by the way since a previous post said we could name our team if we wanted to.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:46 AM   #59
RendeR
Coordinator

Buffalo State Bengals Checking in. I'l divlge more if my Conference mates wish to.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:01 AM   #60
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

MD Killer kittens beat the buffalo bengals :P

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 10:12 AM   #61
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Jesus Pass. I thought my upcoming ruleset was fucked up.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:13 AM   #62
Barkeep49
Coordinator

U of BK Drones ready to play some ball.

I think D1 it makes sense for us to play each other as there is a 50/50 chance that we'd win and that winners should play winners tomorrow and losers play losers. In this way we can get some some people with some powerpoints early on, to give the conference scouts some suspects to look at.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:15 AM   #63
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Jesus Pass. I thought my upcoming ruleset was fucked up.

heh, yeah...that's why I wanted the long Day 1, to let everyone have some time to get comfortable with the rules, and ask questions.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:26 AM   #64
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
U of BK Drones ready to play some ball.

I think D1 it makes sense for us to play each other as there is a 50/50 chance that we'd win and that winners should play winners tomorrow and losers play losers. In this way we can get some some people with some powerpoints early on, to give the conference scouts some suspects to look at.

How do we handle or want to handle Notre Dame? we can't sanction them but don't want them to win..

That is why I asked if everyone thought it was a good idea to go ahead and reveal their conferences.. so we know right away who notre dame is.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:38 AM   #65
molson
General Manager

Checking in, and it's going to take me a couple more read-throughs of the rules to understand what the hell's going on.

I typically say I'll be most active the 2 or 3 hours before a deadline, but then I end up posting all day from work anyway.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:44 AM   #66
chesapeake
College Starter

University Falls Church Crushers checking in.

Barkeep is right about challenging each other on D1 -- it has the best return on investment that we can get.

Alan's suggestion of revealing conferences also makes sense. I cannot see a downside in revealing now, and it outs ND, which is to all of our benefits. Can anyone else see a problem with this?
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:47 AM   #67
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Checking in, I have no idea what I'm doing, need to re-read a bunch.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:48 AM   #68
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
University Falls Church Crushers checking in.

Barkeep is right about challenging each other on D1 -- it has the best return on investment that we can get.

Alan's suggestion of revealing conferences also makes sense. I cannot see a downside in revealing now, and it outs ND, which is to all of our benefits. Can anyone else see a problem with this?

Well the main reason for it in my mind is this:

We don't want to give ND points at the harm of the rest of us.. Having ND challenge another human team and then win, hurts all of us right? Also having ND get the points ends up having someone else to scan without realizing it is ND..

This way if we all reveal before anyone does any challenges we avoid ND being challenged by any other team, and it also gives us one less person to scan for who the bad guys are.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:49 AM   #69
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm ND. That information is bound to come out sooner rather than later anyway.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:50 AM   #70
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I revealed because I simply couldn't come up with a strategy of how people would vote for me in the polls anyway once I was revealed D5.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:55 AM   #71
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I revealed because I simply couldn't come up with a strategy of how people would vote for me in the polls anyway once I was revealed D5.

Makes sense to me. I guess I dont understand how the BCS at large spot is figured out.. Highest ranking in the polls or the computer ratings or something else? If its simply the computer rating, what is the point of the polls? If its the polls, then is the computer rating just for us to know who has the most powerpoints?
Old 12-03-2007, 11:03 AM   #72
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Makes sense to me. I guess I dont understand how the BCS at large spot is figured out.. Highest ranking in the polls or the computer ratings or something else? If its simply the computer rating, what is the point of the polls? If its the polls, then is the computer rating just for us to know who has the most powerpoints?

It's the average of the computer rankings, the private poll, and the public poll.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:16 AM   #73
Barkeep49
Coordinator

With apologies to Pass:

So if I had been in a conference I was going to urge that my fellow conference members role reveal. If two people claim the same role in the conference then it should be a matter of convincing someone in a different conference to scan them. I see no reason why we couldn't eliminate, at least by half, who the infilitrators might be.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:17 AM   #74
Barkeep49
Coordinator

DOLA - I would suggest that conferences role reveal in their PMs to each other and then any appropriate information could be publicly posted. I was not suggesting people to start role revealing here.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:23 AM   #75
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
With apologies to Pass:

Heh, no apologies necessary!
Old 12-03-2007, 11:30 AM   #76
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
DOLA - I would suggest that conferences role reveal in their PMs to each other and then any appropriate information could be publicly posted. I was not suggesting people to start role revealing here.

I agree with this as well.. and think its good to get more information out..

One more question, are role reveals not allowed? By your comment it seems that way, but I must have missed that in the rules if so. (Admittedly I just read them this morning real fast).
Old 12-03-2007, 11:32 AM   #77
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Dola, on second thought.. BK what does that gain anyone? Pass earlier said the wolves have one of each roles in each conference anyways.. So they would just say that role and then you would not know which of the 4 is the wolf.. right? So I am not sure how the reveals within the conference helps out the wolves too much..

THat said, I still don't see how me revealing my role is harmful though as I can't be killed and if I get some form of attack from the wolves, I still can continue to help defeat them.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:32 AM   #78
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I agree with this as well.. and think its good to get more information out..

One more question, are role reveals not allowed? By your comment it seems that way, but I must have missed that in the rules if so. (Admittedly I just read them this morning real fast).

Role reveals are allowed. I just meant that the vote-winner won't get his role revealed, and that duking won't reveal your role -- basically that there will never be a role reveal from me.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:48 AM   #79
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Checking in. My institution?

Boone County Vocational Technical Institute

You can call it Boone County Vo-Tech.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:03 PM   #80
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Buckeye State Bugmen checking in.

These rules have me confused as all hell.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:15 PM   #81
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, so if there is a human vs. human game day 1 how is a winner determined?
Old 12-03-2007, 12:16 PM   #82
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
OK, so if there is a human vs. human game day 1 how is a winner determined?

Each team has a 50/50 shot of winning.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:24 PM   #83
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Challenge Barkeep
I want a crack at Notre Dame
Old 12-03-2007, 12:45 PM   #84
Swaggs
Coordinator

Checking in.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:47 PM   #85
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think it would be smart for someone (maybe Barkeep) to list groups of four teams for each scout to view. That way, we will avoid redundant checks early on (although it could become a problem later--the other conference members should be able to provide some sort of check on this).

Then, the scouts can divide the groups up and work from them.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:52 PM   #86
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I think it would be smart for someone (maybe Barkeep) to list groups of four teams for each scout to view. That way, we will avoid redundant checks early on (although it could become a problem later--the other conference members should be able to provide some sort of check on this).

Then, the scouts can divide the groups up and work from them.

I was hoping that we would all reveal who was in each conference.. I see no reason to hide this information and am about to reveal my conference anyways I think.. the wolves already know this information, so we should share it too.

Then match up conferences saying scout in Conf A scans Conf B. scout in Conf B scans Conf A . Scout in Conf C scans Conf D and scout in Conf d scans Conf C..

Any issue with this plan at all?
Old 12-03-2007, 01:05 PM   #87
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Challenge Barkeep
I want a crack at Notre Dame
I accept.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:15 PM   #88
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I accept.

To lock in the game for the day, you have to accept per the rules.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:30 PM   #89
RendeR
Coordinator

Challenge Claphamsa

No kitten is going to intimidate us!
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:32 PM   #90
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Challenge Anxiety

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:33 PM   #91
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Is there any downside to role-revealing inside the conference? Can the detractors make any use of that information?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:45 PM   #92
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Is there any downside to role-revealing inside the conference? Can the detractors make any use of that information?

I wondered that as well.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:54 PM   #93
st.cronin
General Manager

St. Cronin's University Blue Man Group representin'.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:59 PM   #94
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Challenge Claphamsa

No kitten is going to intimidate us!

accept chance to dominate render!!!!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:05 PM   #95
chesapeake
College Starter

Challenge St. Cronin

After helping to put nails into your coffin in WW last week, I feel I owe you a chance at payback.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:11 PM   #96
Barkeep49
Coordinator

[b]Accept Lathum[/]b
Old 12-03-2007, 02:11 PM   #97
SnDvls
Pro Starter

checking in
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:12 PM   #98
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Accept Lathum

Boy did I want to edit post 96
Old 12-03-2007, 02:15 PM   #99
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Accept Lathum

Boy did I want to edit post 96

are you new?
Old 12-03-2007, 02:54 PM   #100
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
are you new?
Well it used to be considered acceptable by many GMs to edit your post with-in a minute or so of posting to fix typos and such, but that acceptance seems to no longer be the case.