Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-21-2011, 02:51 PM   #1551
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

True.

VOTE NIGHTFALL

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:59 PM   #1552
The Jackal
Coordinator

Alright then. I have my doubts this is the end.

vote nightfall
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:06 PM   #1553
Autumn
Head Coach

zinto (4) -tyketime 1527, the jackal 1541, JAG 1547, Chief Rum 1549

Nightfall - Zinto, JAG
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:07 PM   #1554
Autumn
Head Coach

Nightfall - Zinto, JAG, Chief Rum, The Jackal
Old 02-21-2011, 03:31 PM   #1555
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

VOTE NIGHTFALL
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #1556
Autumn
Head Coach

Nightfall - Zinto, JAG, Chief Rum, The Jackal, tyketime

Night falls.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #1557
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

FTR, I am more or less convinced tyketime is a villager. He just provides the kind of details I don't expect from someone making stuff up. I hope he wins Crazy Legs today. That would help.

If tyke's the wolf, kudos to a great first game by the rookie.

But hopefully this is all moot and we get a wolf with Zinto.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #1558
Autumn
Head Coach

The few residents of Vegas who still come to the meetings, you are determined to get this over with. The mafia is almost gone from the city, you feel, and yet the murders keep happening. All eyes focus on Zinto. He must be the culprit, the last lone mobster. He must be.

Every vote calls out his name and he does not resist as the FBI whisk him away, his arms bound behind him. But yet again the FBI finds no case. As far as they can see, Zinto was just a regular Resident of Vegas.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:48 PM   #1559
Zinto
College Starter

Thanks Autumn for the fun game. I had a lot of fun getting my feet wet in this game. Hopefully from now on I can be a little more active in my posting since I know people don't like it when people are not actively discussing. Once again thanks Autumn and good luck villagers
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:48 PM   #1560
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Sigh.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:48 PM   #1561
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Damn.

Well, not a shocker. He had to go, given there was just nothing to clear him whatsoever. At least this confirms that a wolf has used a service to garner some trust. I am looking at JAG or The Jackal.

Not that it matters, though--if a friendly player doesn't win Crazy Legs or Tank, I doubt I'll live out the night. It will be for tyketime to decide.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #1562
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Thanks Autumn for the fun game. I had a lot of fun getting my feet wet in this game. Hopefully from now on I can be a little more active in my posting since I know people don't like it when people are not actively discussing. Once again thanks Autumn and good luck villagers

Zinto, you played a terrific game. Sorry it didn't make it to the end. Hopefully we'll make up for this mistake and get that last mafia here tomorrow.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:50 PM   #1563
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I feel it would be productive for us all to name the services we have purchased. Does anyone else feel this way?

Old 02-21-2011, 03:51 PM   #1564
Autumn
Head Coach

The going rates for services today were:

Tank Wallace, bodyguard - $4,161
Mario Juarez, PI - $1,087
Crazy Legs, hit man - $7,407
Old 02-21-2011, 03:51 PM   #1565
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

My guess is no one will own up to Crazy Legs unless they're a villager. If the last wolf won Crazy Legs, that player will say they did not win a bid.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #1566
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post

Thanks for playing, Zinto. It's awesome to have new folks around.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:53 PM   #1567
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Or if they won another bid, they'll say they just won that.

Looks like lots of money was spent. I would love to know who Tank almost as much as Crazy Legs.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:54 PM   #1568
Autumn
Head Coach

Bets and night actions are due by 9 a.m. Given the early nightfall, if people get them in early enough we could have an early dawn. It's up to you guys, if everybody says they're ready for it, here, or in PM, I'll process it.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:05 PM   #1569
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I feel it would be productive for us all to name the services we have purchased. Does anyone else feel this way?

I dont mind doing it if I havent said them all already, but I'm not sure how useful it would be, since other than day 1 and day 2, I don't think the wolf will tell the truth about who they bet.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:06 PM   #1570
The Jackal
Coordinator

I put all my money on crazy legs but was well short. I'm fairly convinced the last wolf is JAG now and he's played one heck of a game. If the next day starts tonight I won't be able to do much digging in the thread as I'm on the train for 6 or more hours still, but well see who survives the night.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:12 PM   #1571
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I put all my money on crazy legs but was well short. I'm fairly convinced the last wolf is JAG now and he's played one heck of a game. If the next day starts tonight I won't be able to do much digging in the thread as I'm on the train for 6 or more hours still, but well see who survives the night.

Since you're wrong about that, I hope you'll at least keep an open mind, assuming we're both still alive come the dawn.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #1572
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'll keep an open mind, certainly. I tend to agree with CR about tyke being good, though. The quoted PM helping to guide thinking sucks a bit but could've been faked or edited I suppose.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:20 PM   #1573
The Jackal
Coordinator

My services (pretty sure the nights are accurate but again not at my computer):

N2: tank (myself), Mario (DV), lefty (Saldana)
N3: Cassie (mckerney)
N4: kalustian
N6: tank (CR)
Old 02-21-2011, 04:26 PM   #1574
The Jackal
Coordinator

I will say I purposely came out at JAG of recent to see how he'd react and expected a much stronger backlash. Makes me think better of him. Will be doing a long look see at tyke as well, don't you worry. I expect to be around tomorrow and if I'm not I think that'll be good for the village. Hoping CR gets protected but we shall see.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #1575
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I really think we need to reveal what services we have won. I don't care if the wolf lies. I know he will. Point is, with so few of us left, that info is far more useful for the village out in the open than for the last wolf.

If we know who won the seer, the BG knows who to protect. If he doesn't, we know who to look at. If the player who says he won crazy legs, we know to look at him if someone dies.

The crazy legs owner should come out. If he's a villager, he should and we won't have a kill tonight. If the wolf won crazy legs, then no one will fess up to it, which is fine-- I expect that. But the rest of the info will still help.

There is a concern that a wolf could get the seer. That's the fly in the ointment. But I can put that to rest-- I won the seer. So assuming you are all still of the opinion u am about as cleared as anyone left, we're good there.

Old 02-21-2011, 04:56 PM   #1576
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Chief, I was hoping you'd win the seer. I won the BG and was already protecting you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I really think we need to reveal what services we have won. I don't care if the wolf lies. I know he will. Point is, with so few of us left, that info is far more useful for the village out in the open than for the last wolf.

If we know who won the seer, the BG knows who to protect. If he doesn't, we know who to look at. If the player who says he won crazy legs, we know to look at him if someone dies.

The crazy legs owner should come out. If he's a villager, he should and we won't have a kill tonight. If the wolf won crazy legs, then no one will fess up to it, which is fine-- I expect that. But the rest of the info will still help.

There is a concern that a wolf could get the seer. That's the fly in the ointment. But I can put that to rest-- I won the seer. So assuming you are all still of the opinion u am about as cleared as anyone left, we're good there.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #1577
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, now that I'm off snow-covered roads...

My assumption though is the wolf won crazy legs. After the 8k bid yesterday I assumed I couldn't compete for it and a scan from me might not have been trusted anyway, so I figured I'd bid up the BG, protect CR, and hope he realized that only a scan from him would probably be trusted and bid for the PI. I wanted to keep the BG secret in case the wolf took a shot at CR so we'd have one more shot if there was a bad lynch (chance for a BG block) but since CR wanted the info out there, I figured I would comply. Good luck.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:28 PM   #1578
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well, I don't feel as bad about losing out on crazy legs if JAG is telling the truth there. Another scan should help out.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #1579
The Jackal
Coordinator

Wonder what tyke will have to say. Even if we avoid a NK tonight tomorrow will still probably be the last day, unless we get two BG blocks in a row, and that'd be something.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:33 PM   #1580
The Jackal
Coordinator

So I too was hoping the BG was a villager that'd remain quiet in order to get a block, but CR winning the seer is the best result there so I understand the reveals.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #1581
The Jackal
Coordinator

Boy, my gut really had me feeling JAG today but it's starting to turn. Might just be the hunger.. Stupid train needs to move.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:23 PM   #1582
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

To be honest, I figured the BG block was unlikely since CR was such an obvious target and the wolf would know they didn't win the BG.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:50 PM   #1583
The Jackal
Coordinator

That is true. Not an easy NK decision for sure. Been one of my favorite games and the end is shaping up to be a goodun.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:56 PM   #1584
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That is true. Not an easy NK decision for sure. Been one of my favorite games and the end is shaping up to be a goodun.

Same here, I think I liked The Dungeon a bit more, but this is probably my second favorite I've participated in. I'm feeling a lot better about a happy ending to it as well.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #1585
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Well, I don't feel as bad about losing out on crazy legs if JAG is telling the truth there. Another scan should help out.
Well this is where it certainly gets interesting. Since I am the one that won the services of Tank, I'd say the jig is up, JAG! Of course you wanted to keep it a secret. That way I wouldn't have been able to out you. But I will certainly give you extra credit points for posting it before I got home and had a chance to. I've said it before, and I will say it again now... the level of play of you guys is unbelievable. Again, just when I thought I had seen the last trick, you pull this one off. I had to read the posts several times to figure out what it was you were up to. By saying you won the BG, we would naturally think you didn't have enough money to win Crazy Legs as well. You knew I would have to come out with the truth. I suspect you're hoping at this point to make me look desperate. It's the only way I see you winning tomorrow. You'll kill The Jackal, and then hope to convince CR that I'm the last Lupino. It's a hell of a strategy. Nicely played
Old 02-21-2011, 08:15 PM   #1586
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

More or less what I figured Tyke. You made a mistake coming out now though, because if CR scans you, the village wins. Your only options are to kill me or Jackal, whichever you kill leaves CR to tell the other villager that you're a wolf. If I were the wolf and killed you, CR would know I was lying and he and Jackal would lynch me. So you've given CR a clear path to a village victory.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #1587
Danny
Head Coach

I think the village may be missing something here. Are we sure Hoopsguy isn't a wolf?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:32 PM   #1588
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Technically CR could scan me and guarantee a win also, if Tyke killed me in that case, he was obviously lying and a wolf, or he kills Jackal and CR scans me as a villager.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:32 PM   #1589
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

I think we were going to win either way. I just called you out on your ploy to make it to the last day. I don't know how these endgames normally work, but kudos to you for working your way out of a jam and getting all the way down to the last day.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:39 PM   #1590
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

I was waiting for the other shoe to drop... and there is your mistake. By trying to convince CR to scan you, he'd be wasting it. You must have purchased the cunning ability. His way for us to win is to scan me. When I come back clean, YOU are guaranteed to be the wolf. But with your subtle suggestion otherwise, you opened the door ever so slightly for a misplay. And in that case, you pick off The Jackal, and then try to convince CR that I am the wolf. You should have left well enough alone...
Old 02-21-2011, 08:41 PM   #1591
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Wait a minute... I need to dig up a post. You just gave me another idea on your endgame...
Old 02-21-2011, 08:51 PM   #1592
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I am perfectly happy to see you scanned instead of me. I was barking up the wrong tree with the cunning which I would have realized if I had considered the only day with a double kill was the one with the policeman.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #1593
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
The services you can bid on today are:

Black Market Services -

Bill Werthers, crooked cop - Not every cop in Vegas wears a white hat. This one can get you out of trouble, or someone else in it.

You reminded me of something. So I went back to our good old friend Bill Werthers - crooked cop. As with many of the services offered, this one also had two options. This can get you out of trouble, or more importantly, someone else in it. Hmmm. By posting first and putting me on the defensive, you succeeded in putting the spotlight in my direction. And I think I figured out how you thought you could pull this game out. Ingenious! Almost...

You bought this service. But instead of bestowing the cunning on yourself, you could also force a false read. The next time someone was scanned, you could have the cop plant evidence so the result reads the opposite. So you kill TheJackal tonight. You know CR will scan me. But it will read as if I am a wolf. You and he lynch me tomorrow. Except instead of winning the game for the residents of Vegas, you've won it for the Lupinos. Your major victory condition is met since there is one of you and only CR remaining.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:53 PM   #1594
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I am perfectly happy to see you scanned instead of me.
Of course you are! See my post I created the same time you continue to push your Scan Tyketime suggestion.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:01 PM   #1595
The Jackal
Coordinator

Aw man, I'm gonna die.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:03 PM   #1596
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Aw man, I'm gonna die.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:04 PM   #1597
The Jackal
Coordinator

Good luck with this one CR. Lots of possibilities in play.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:32 PM   #1598
The Jackal
Coordinator

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I am perfectly happy to see you scanned instead of me. I was barking up the wrong tree with the cunning which I would have realized if I had considered the only day with a double kill was the one with the policeman.

I cant believe none of us made that correlation earlier
Old 02-21-2011, 09:33 PM   #1599
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I cant believe none of us made that correlation earlier

Yes, I f'ed that day up. On the plus side, I won money that allowed me to win the BG for tonight, so there was some minor redemption.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:39 PM   #1600
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
Of course you are! See my post I created the same time you continue to push your Scan Tyketime suggestion.

And how do you explain the double death the day of the cop again tyke? Or that you have no votes for Lupinos (meaning all 6 wolves failed to vote for a family member)? Or that you fit the "vote Lathum D1" train both families did (a path that 5/6 wolves, including you, followed). I'm not feeling too worried CR will make the correct decision but I can understand why you are.

My accounting for posterity's sake and/or in case CR wants it:

D1: bet on DV (loss), spend 778 on PI, scan CR (Vegas resident) --- $222 left
D2: bet on CR (loss, was hoping to make money for the village if CR came up wolf), bid 70ish on three services (lost) --- $222 left
D3: bet on CF (won 7075), bid 218 on 24 hr check cash (won, transferred 3500 to CR in case I was NK'ed) --- $3579 left
D4: bet on saldana (was suspicious of him and thought I could make money), bid on NK (won, used on saldana) --- $1779 left
D5: bet on saldana (no one came forward with Cassie so I had a feeling the NK would be blocked), bid on BG (lost) --- $1779 left
D6: bet on tyke (figured there would be a ton of people on saldana and Pass had PM'ed me about tyke's $500), bid on PI (lost) --- $1779 left
D7: bet on ntn (won 2500), bid on PI (lost) --- $4279 left
D8: bet on Zinto (won 4013), bid on BG (won), bid on PI, NK (lost, granted I only had about $100 to bid on the NK and about $10 to bid on the PI) --- $4131 left