Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-21-2008, 12:38 PM   #1
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Oh man, the Bengals are going to go bankrupt!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...410/index.html
Quote:
ATLANTA (AP) -The NFL put more teeth in its personal conduct policy on Tuesday when commissioner Roger Goodell announced he would fine teams whose players were suspended for disciplinary reasons.

"We want to continue to emphasize personal conduct and personal responsibility,'' he said at the end of a one-day league meeting. "One way to do it is to hold teams responsible for the conduct of their players.

Goodell instituted a tougher policy during the 2006 season, his first as commissioner, after a series of arrests, nine alone affecting the Cincinnati Bengals.

Two Bengals, wide receiver Chris Henry and linebacker Odell Thurman, received lengthy suspensions - Thurman for two years. Both were cut by the team after being reinstated.

Goodell also said he would meet soon with another major offender, cornerback Adam "Pacman'' Jones, who was suspended for all of last season following a series of run-ins with the law. Jones was traded last month from Tennessee to Dallas and has petitioned for the right to work out with his new team, something he will need permission from the league to do.

ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:50 PM   #2
korme
Go Reds

Our 2005 draft, which should have been our best in years, is turning out to be one of the worst in franchise history:

1st - David Pollack (CEI)
2nd - Odell Thurman (suspension, release)
3rd - Chris Henry (suspension, release)
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:54 PM   #3
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

wait...what'd thurman do?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:54 PM   #4
RendeR
Coordinator

Pollack is definitely gone then? I haven't read anything new in a while about him.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:00 PM   #5
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Pollack is definitely gone then? I haven't read anything new in a while about him.

http://ballhype.com/story/news_polla...nnati_bengals/

Updated: 12:55 p.m. Nearly three years to the day the Bengals took David Pollack with their first pick in the 2005 NFL Draft, head coach Marvin Lewis said Pollack is headed to retirement.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:03 PM   #6
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
http://ballhype.com/story/news_polla...nnati_bengals/

Updated: 12:55 p.m. Nearly three years to the day the Bengals took David Pollack with their first pick in the 2005 NFL Draft, head coach Marvin Lewis said Pollack is headed to retirement.

Man that sucks, I really liked that kid, he was a motor, just kept going. Sorry to see that happen to him.

Thurman I thought was still up in the air, but I think Brown set a precedent, and a good one, with cutting henry, probably felt he had to follow through and keep setting that standard with Thurman too.

So much talent in those three picks. Fucking sucks.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:17 PM   #7
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

BTW, if anyone is interested, Chris Henry's house is being foreclosed on, so you can buy your very own NFL player's house if you have some cash.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:18 PM   #8
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
BTW, if anyone is interested, Chris Henry's house is being foreclosed on, so you can buy your very own NFL player's house if you have some cash.

Maybe the guy who bought Strahan's TV will step up to the plate.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote