Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-27-2015, 08:19 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Dynasty At Night Series #4: The Filipino Star (NBA2K15)

Ciro Tavares was born in San Pablo, Philippines. His mother was a Filipino woman and his father, an American sailor who lived in the country after getting out of the Navy and who died when he was 8. His father passed down a love of basketball and living in a basketball rich country, it was always known that Mahtay (or Maté) as his friends called him.

He came to America for his senior year of high school, in the hopes of getting scouted. But playing in Hawaii and living with his uncle and aunt didn't lend itself to tons of scholarship offers.

Heading into the draft, he hoped to establish himself as a force on the court and the first native Filipino to play in the NBA.

Here's his story.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 06-28-2015 at 07:40 AM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:24 AM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I restarted this thing like twice before finally playing because I didn't really know how I wanted to do it. I guess what I'm going to do is take over a team -- one in each conference -- so if I get bored, I have another club to build, since you can't change teams in the middle of the a dynasty in this game for some reason.

I'll take over the Sixers in the east, mostly because they'll be easy to Empty Cupboard with. I'll take over the Suns in the west, because they've never won a title and they seem strange.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:40 AM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'll sim all the way through the first season to get to the draft. My goal, of course, is to draft Ciro Tavares no matter where I'm picking in the draft with the goal of seeing how he develops and playing out a career where we build a team around him.

With the Sixers roster being a dumpster fire, it shouldn't be too hard to get a high draft pick. Not sure about the Suns, but not focusing on them just yet.

Here's how the first NBA postseason went in this setup.

Notable retirements include Kevin Garnett and Kobe Bryant.

Suns went 39-43, good for 9th in the West. Sixers weren't actually last in the East, they went 30-52, 4th worst winning % in the East. Suns have 0.5% odds at the top pick, 76ers have 4.3% of getting it.

Suns will pick 14th. Sixers will pick 7th. Apparently the Suns have someone else's lottery pick too, so they'll pick both 4th and 14th.

This might make me go play over there, since the goal here right now is to get Tavares.

The Hawks made an offer for the Nets first rounder and Mike Muscala for Joel Embiid and our 1st rounder next year (Sixers) I'm tempted to do it, but remember that Embiid isn't as brittle in this sim as he is in real life and it's hard toget a Center so...we're going to hold onto him since there's no game-changing center in this draft. (Not sold on Okafor like that)

The Timberwolves jumped up to draft Tavares at the 2nd pick. So I need to orchestrate a deal to get him to either Phoenix or Philly depending on who has the better assets. They don't need him anyway.

We'll have to wait until the draft is over to make a move to get him, though. Not sure where he's going to end up even among my two teams, we'll have to look and see what we can orchestrate.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:02 AM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here's the Sixers going into this season after I made some moves and signed a few guys in free agency (namely Jimmy Butler) we ended up dealing our lottery pick and Noel for the Greek Freak. I picked up LaVine in the deal for Tavares because I'm greedy, this team is bad and I wanted to see what it would look like.

The Sixers roster is rated #24 in the game. Tavares will be a starter for me when I don't sim, because he's the only reason we're doing this.