Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-15-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 8!!! Uploads due Friday, February 20th!!!

Week 8 Schedule

#23 Colorado @ #7 Texas A&M
#3 Arkansas vs #11 Florida
Cinncy @ Louisville
#5 North Carolina @ #12 Virginia
#14 Pitt @ Syracuse
USF @ #22 WVU
#19 NC State vs Wake
#4 Ok. State @ Mizzou

#8 Kentucky has a bye

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:55 PM   #2
wade moore
lolzcat

#12?!

Mike - there's a small chance that I could play mid-day Monday, any interest if so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:44 PM   #3
Mike1409
High School Varsity

It would have to be after 6?
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:14 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Tough loss vs A&M today, 49-27. I was up the whole first half but the second half was a different story. Kept turning it over and couldn't make the big play, and Ironhead capitalized.

GG man
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:43 PM   #5
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Tough loss vs A&M today, 49-27. I was up the whole first half but the second half was a different story. Kept turning it over and couldn't make the big play, and Ironhead capitalized.

GG man

Same to you. Game was much closer than the final score indicates as it was still 28-27 in the 4th quarter.

You made some amazing user picks in the 1st quarter. I really thought I was screwed with the way I was playing when I went down 21-7 early in the 2nd. It turned around though when I pulled our starting quarterback after his third interception of the game. It was a pretty good decision:

Tommy Dorman - 1 of 5 for 15 yards and 3 interceptions (leads the league now)
Jason Terrell - 12 of 12 for 246 yards, 2 TDs and 0 INTs

I was surprised you didn't try to stuff Scott down our throat more in the second half. We were doing a pretty good job bottling him up (20 carries for 58 yards) but when I realized you weren't going to commit to the run I knew I could really put some pressure on Hawkins.

I am sure you are still Big 12 title game bound and I wish you the best of luck. Barring some major, major CPU upsets you will have a chance to extract some revenge on Logan.

Last edited by Ironhead : 02-15-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:30 AM   #6
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
It would have to be after 6?
K - let's stick with Wednesday.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 02-16-2009, 11:23 AM   #7
Logan
Head Coach

Well today started off on a bad note when I realized I didn't make any progress with recruits (and lost momentum with some too) despite coming off a solid win over #5 A&M.

It got much worse, and much better for the rest of the Big XII, when Missouri put the smack down on me, as Oklahoma State could not stop their spread offense even a bit, and we went down 66-56. I think I had two stops in the first half and one FG hold in the second.

Just terrible.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #8
cmp
Pro Rookie

Arkansas gets a nice win over #11 Florida who had all 99 ratings. The score I believe was 52-19. We couldn't run the ball at all today and had to rely on Tyler Wilson and the passing game.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:05 PM   #9
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

USF is above .500 for the first time this season after beating West Virginia 34-24 in Morgantown. Noel Devine was a real son of a bitch, and I'm glad I won't have to see him again.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:46 AM   #10
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
USF is above .500 for the first time this season after beating West Virginia 34-24 in Morgantown. Noel Devine was a real son of a bitch, and I'm glad I won't have to see him again.

w00t, nice job!

Quote:
Old 02-17-2009, 09:27 PM   #11
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Pitt managed to win a nail-biter against Syracuse. The final score was 51-48 in triple-OT. After holding the Syracuse offense to -10 yards in the first two drives, I lost all ability to play defense. From that point it was a track meet. I had 360ish yards passing as I didn't get much chance to try out the running game. What a rough road trip this has been...can't wait to get back home.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:44 AM   #12
wade moore
lolzcat

Getting nervous...

Tonight is the biggest game yet in this dynasty for me. I've gotten my stick skills up and that combined with a weak schedule this year and we're sitting at #12. If we can get past mike and his UNC squad we're setup for a shot at Radii for the ACC title (with admittedly a couple of tough CPU games still left on the schedule)..

I kept it tight last year and I feel like I'm playing a lot better than I was last season, so we shall see.

Quote:
Old 02-18-2009, 06:56 PM   #13
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Getting nervous...

Tonight is the biggest game yet in this dynasty for me. I've gotten my stick skills up and that combined with a weak schedule this year and we're sitting at #12. If we can get past mike and his UNC squad we're setup for a shot at Radii for the ACC title (with admittedly a couple of tough CPU games still left on the schedule)..

I kept it tight last year and I feel like I'm playing a lot better than I was last season, so we shall see.

Sounds like someone is trying to hustle me!!!

I just got home be redy in about 10 minutes.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:30 PM   #14
wade moore
lolzcat

Tough, Tough game.

10-10 with about 1:45 left in the first half..

I force mike to punt, return it to about his 30 - fumble, he takes it for 6.

ugh.

Two pick 6's later (both on passes to the right flat) he's up big and I lose 31-17.

Frustrating game for me. I've made some major adjustments to the game and being willing to go to the outlet pass is one of them, and that hands over 14 points. One of them was just a stupid pass, the other even though I swear I held for zip it just lobbed and got picked.

Quote:
Old 02-18-2009, 09:06 PM   #15
Mike1409
High School Varsity

it was a tough game but you were up 10-3 when you fumbled the PR the TD made the score 10-10.

I was picked in the red zone early in the 3rd by a DE covering my WR! If it would have been a DB it would have been 6. I was able to return the favor and get and INT on the next play and take it back for the score to take the lead.

Good luck the rest of the year!