Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-12-2005, 12:06 AM   #1151
Peregrine
Pro Starter

The wolves were Barkeep49 and BrianD. Barkeep49 was the brutal wolf but honestly if he had mauled someone when he died it would have basically revealed his role so I had him stab someone instead.

Dark Pact were Qwikshot, Kingfc22, and ntndeacon. They had some bad luck because people kept identifying them quickly. Ntndeacon was a warrior so that's why I gave him a sword when he died. Qwikshot was the Pact diviner, who was looking for wolves, and King was the Necromancer who had the same power as the priest, to see dead people's roles.

The Knights were Swaggs, Airhog, and Desnudo, as they said. I had Swaggs set up as the Avenger who could make a day attack to kill known bad guys, but it didn't work too well as the knights never viewed any of the bad guys until they were already dead.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 12:07 AM   #1152
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
YOU SON OF A BITCH, KWHIT!

Oh man....

Never trusted him, but since he got the dreams, what did we care?
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 12:08 AM   #1153
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Let me be the first to speak for the ghosts.

When we all started voting together we had no idea it was going to happen. On of us voted for someone then another etc..

then one of us changed our vote and etc...

you all read so much into it that we nearly pissed ourselves, it was totally unplanned.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 12:08 AM   #1154
Swaggs
Coordinator

So, who was who?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 12:08 AM   #1155
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Never trusted him, but since he got the dreams, what did we care?

I'm just glad it didn't get me lynched. If somebody HAD to get lynched day 5.. it was me.

My head was asplode when I saw the block.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:09 AM   #1156
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

At the beginning of this game, I thought revealing none of the roles when people dies was a bad idea. It made for way too much confusion. As the game went on and I realized how much depth there was to the plot, I really liked the fact that there was so much mystery. Even when there were only good guys left, you very nearly kept lynching. Very fun to watch.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 12:09 AM   #1157
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Yes there was never any ghost controller or ghost roles, I didn't tell the ghosts anything beyond what was in the rules, but they caused plenty of chaos.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:09 AM   #1158
Swaggs
Coordinator

Doh. Nevermind.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:10 AM   #1159
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
At the beginning of this game, I thought revealing none of the roles when people dies was a bad idea. It made for way too much confusion. As the game went on and I realized how much depth there was to the plot, I really liked the fact that there was so much mystery. Even when there were only good guys left, you very nearly kept lynching. Very fun to watch.

Fun to watch because they were going to lynch ME you mean.

I bet you if Brian and I are in the next game, one of us is going out on day 1 just so they don't have to hear us arguing with each other.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:11 AM   #1160
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I just wonder what Eaglesfan and Jeff were.. were there just plan villagers?
Old 07-12-2005, 12:11 AM   #1161
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I would also like to congratulate SirFozzie for his play. When I got screwed with the bogus doctor reveal, I thought I might still get away with it. Tigercat and Jeff had both leaned my way a few times, and I thought I might be able to sway them. For a while, Tigercat was defending me so well, I thought he might be a sorcerer. Eventually though, SirFozzie won out and convinced everyone that I was bad. It was a blast trying to fight my way clear, and I hope I didn't annoy anyone with my tenacity. By the end of the fight, I had myself convinced that SirFozzie was evil...not that that counts for much.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:12 AM   #1162
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I still like the roles being revealed. just my opinion.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:12 AM   #1163
Swaggs
Coordinator

By the way, I "overinflated" my role a bit to protect the knights.

The Avenger's only power was to make a day kill, in front of anyone, when the seer identified a member of the Dark Cult. I made up the part about the bodyguard/hunter role to give us a little shadow of protection from the bad guys.

The Paladin was the knight team's bodyguard.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:14 AM   #1164
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Villagers:

Jeff061 was the Bouncer from the bar, he was very tough and could survive one werewolf attack. I thought he might try to pretend to be the seer or something and lure the bad guys into wasting an attack on him.

Fonzie and Fouts were the Brothers, they knew both were human and could PM each other. This is usually a very powerful villager role.

TazFTW was the Visionary, he was sending the dreams. Honestly I overlooked the fact that the dreams would be revealed and would clear people, I think next time I need to change them and maybe give some dreams to everyone, or something. The idea was that each night the villagers would learn who one of them was, so they'd get stronger and stronger as group as the game went on.

Eaglesfan was the Vigilante, he had one night attack to use on someone but never got to use it.

Sirfozzie was the Doctor as he said.

Tigercat was the Monk, as he said.

Lathum was the Thief, my idea was that he was basically a seer since he could pickpocket people at night and find any incriminating evidence if they were Pact or the knights. He had some really lucky IDs too.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:14 AM   #1165
Swaggs
Coordinator

What power did the Dark Pact Hunter have?
Old 07-12-2005, 12:14 AM   #1166
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Peregrine didn't mention, but I also had the ability to "see" the Dark Pact. In my first 3 viewings, I identified ntndeacon and Qwikshot. Lathum was nice enough to point out that King was evil, so we got the Dark Pact out of the game pretty quickly.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:15 AM   #1167
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
I would also like to congratulate SirFozzie for his play. When I got screwed with the bogus doctor reveal, I thought I might still get away with it. Tigercat and Jeff had both leaned my way a few times, and I thought I might be able to sway them. For a while, Tigercat was defending me so well, I thought he might be a sorcerer. Eventually though, SirFozzie won out and convinced everyone that I was bad. It was a blast trying to fight my way clear, and I hope I didn't annoy anyone with my tenacity. By the end of the fight, I had myself convinced that SirFozzie was evil...not that that counts for much.

I wasn't evil.. just STUPID!

Tigercat PO'd me sometimes. I mean.. I left about NINE MILLION HINTS that I was a true villager. In fact I stated. "My Role is to Survive, and to eliminate threats from my village". That's a very thinly based paraphrase from the victory conditions that all villagers got.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:15 AM   #1168
Peregrine
Pro Starter

The Dark Pact Warrior could survive an attack from the Vigilante or Avenger, and couldn't be killed by the Brutal Wolf's revenge attack. Unfortunately he died too early to do much of anything.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:17 AM   #1169
Fouts
College Starter

Cool roles. So when is Werewolf VI?
Old 07-12-2005, 12:17 AM   #1170
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I wasn't evil.. just STUPID!

I was willing to latch on to either.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:17 AM   #1171
Swaggs
Coordinator

So the Cultists did not have the ability to kill then?

The big question then: how did Lathum die?
Old 07-12-2005, 12:17 AM   #1172
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Villagers:

TazFTW was the Visionary, he was sending the dreams. Honestly I overlooked the fact that the dreams would be revealed and would clear people, I think next time I need to change them and maybe give some dreams to everyone, or something. The idea was that each night the villagers would learn who one of them was, so they'd get stronger and stronger as group as the game went on.

Hehehehe. Didn't expect me to come out and SAY something about the dreams huh, Peregrine?

Between that and the Doctor loophole I found (last game the doctor couldn't protect same person twice in a row.. if I was restricted like that.. woah boy)
Old 07-12-2005, 12:18 AM   #1173
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Cool roles. So when is Werewolf VI?

No kidding, and if I manage to get in again....

I vote SirFozzie
Old 07-12-2005, 12:18 AM   #1174
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Just try it, Wolf-Breath.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:21 AM   #1175
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

yeah, how did I buy it?
Old 07-12-2005, 12:22 AM   #1176
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Honestly revealing the dreams was a fairly obvious tactic, I was just kicking myself that I didn't think of it. It made them even more powerful than they already were.

Regarding kills, wolves could kill every night, the Dark Pact could kill, but then not kill the next night. Knights could just kill during the day. The knights couldn't PM each other though so they were limited in that way.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:23 AM   #1177
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Lathum was the sole kill of the Dark Pact. They couldn't kill again till night 4 and all of them were gone by then.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:26 AM   #1178
Swaggs
Coordinator

Nice ending then.

Thanks for another great game, Peregrine.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:26 AM   #1179
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Thanks Peregrine.

And guys?

Thank for not lynching me.

Old 07-12-2005, 12:30 AM   #1180
Swaggs
Coordinator

Foz is definitely lynch numero uno next game.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:30 AM   #1181
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Thanks Peregrine.

And guys?

Thank for not lynching me.

I never suspected you. I did suspect KWhit, but his having the dreams kept me from voting for him.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:32 AM   #1182
Desnudo
Coordinator

We sure got lucky with the dark pact. If they had survived longer, I think things would have turned out a lot different. It certainly would have been a lot more chaotic.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 12:33 AM   #1183
Swaggs
Coordinator

They kind of had the deck stacked against them. Both the Knights and the Wolves were trying to kill them. Maybe next time they should have more members with some good powers.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:35 AM   #1184
Peregrine
Pro Starter

As I told BrianD via PM, I was concerned about whether the bad guys were too weak in this game. They are very strong numerically (5 out of 17) but since they are also trying to kill each other, the numbers dwindle fast. Also the Dark Pact had three different people who could spot them in views. I think I will try to counter balance this next time but I'm not sure how. The Renegade was a complete last minute thing, I wanted a sort of wild card who might add to the confusion and inadvertently shield the bad guys a bit, I was writing that role up to the minute I sent it out.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:41 AM   #1185
Swaggs
Coordinator

It probably would have been more balanced if not for the dreams being revealed. The seers/visionary/etc had some good luck and the dreams getting revealed were the big differences in this game.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:43 AM   #1186
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
We sure got lucky with the dark pact. If they had survived longer, I think things would have turned out a lot different. It certainly would have been a lot more chaotic.
I nailed them with my first 2 roberies, I guess I overplayed my hand. I was hoping to get protected.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:46 AM   #1187
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
I nailed them with my first 2 roberies, I guess I overplayed my hand. I was hoping to get protected.

Yeah where were the doctor and bodyguards when Lathum was burnt up?
Old 07-12-2005, 12:49 AM   #1188
Swaggs
Coordinator

Airhog was our bodyguard, and he went down early.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:09 AM   #1189
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I definitely enjoyed running the game, and I think I have some good adjustments if I need to run it again. Please provide any feedback you guys have. How did the ghosts work out? They were chaotic but I'm not sure they were all that influential, which is honestly the way I prefer them.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:08 AM   #1190
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Maybe have a ghostmaster (or two, i.e. a guy who can overide the orders of the other). Have the ghostmaster control only a certain few.I think it'll be cool if the some of the ghosts were being told (anonymously) who to vote for.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:15 AM   #1191
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I liked the ghosts personally. it was fun to hear the theories of what our votes meant.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 05:01 AM   #1192
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I thought he might try to pretend to be the seer or something and lure the bad guys into wasting an attack on him.

Yeah, thats what I wanted to do, but stupid me thought of it half way into the game, should of played up my role as a seer when Lathum was giving info. Towards the end of the game I just wanted to keep it under wraps and get everyone else protected as much as possible and hope that I could give us an extra day.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:10 AM   #1193
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
There is an outside chance that KWhit (the last werewolf) got the cursed last night (Jeff, he never revealed his role). I just don't know how KWhit would have received the dreams.

Ummm.... I'm not a werewolf, dude.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:21 AM   #1194
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
YOU SON OF A BITCH, KWHIT!

Oh man....

Hehe. That was fun.

But I have to wonder how the wolves got a better victory than I did, when I lived and they're both dead!

Old 07-12-2005, 07:30 AM   #1195
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I suspected Kwit by the end only because he was still pressuring the Knights a bit and wasn't jumping all over abstaining, but I didn't really care at that point. Was there any particular reason you defended Tiger early on? That was the only reason you were on my good side .

Quote:
By the way, I "overinflated" my role a bit to protect the knights.

The Avenger's only power was to make a day kill, in front of anyone, when the seer identified a member of the Dark Cult. I made up the part about the bodyguard/hunter role to give us a little shadow of protection from the bad guys.

That was a very nice move, especially since at this time I was hoping I'd look like the safe bet to attack. I need to project things like that more.

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-12-2005 at 07:33 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:37 AM   #1196
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
I suspected Kwhit by the end only because he was still pressuring the Knights a bit and wasn't jumping all over abstaining, but I didn't really care at that point. Was there any particular reason you defended Tiger early on? That was the only reason you were on my good side .

Yeah, I did actually have the dream, and knew that we shouldn't vote for a villager. To get a major victory, I had to live, and to have all the knights, wolves, and dark pact killed. So I wanted the villagers to live too. I really was on the villagers' side.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:50 AM   #1197
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well at least in my case the ghosts were influential because Lathum voted for me out of the gate and everyone decided to follow his lead at that point.

As for the villagers, I think their weakness is in the beginning. As the game goes on they are normally going to get stronger as people die and they can eliminate them from conention.

I would suggest that in the future somebody needs to be out against the villagers. In this game since the wolves wanted to kill the dark pact, and we were in fact successful, it made it much harder for US to survive. In the last werewolf game they had assistance from two other people and just barely won. In this game we had lots of people gunning for us and so it follows that that we didn't do as well. The same would apply for the mages. I really like the idea of multiple factions though and think with a little fine tuning it could make for some even better games.

Additionally, I liked having peoples roles not being revealed but would hope that next time perhaps there could be just a tad stronger hints about who is who after their death. I thought NTN was perfect because there was information there suggesting he was someone, but it only became clear over time who he was.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:51 AM   #1198
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Dola -- My MVP goes to Brian. Not only did he do a great job of identifying people, but he nearly survived the whole dream incident. I know I would have been dead meat if the roles were reversed. Great playing!
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 08:12 AM   #1199
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yeah where were the doctor and bodyguards when Lathum was burnt up?

Oh, NOW you ask that question? I was trying for 3 days to get you to ask that.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:13 AM   #1200
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Barkeep, I agree about needing someone going against the villagers. Really that's what I was thinking the Renegade role was for, though it ended up being more against the knights than anyone. I think maybe a Sorceror type role would be better next time, someone whose main grudge is against the village.