Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-07-2005, 09:53 PM   #551
kingfc22
Head Coach

Blade - it was 6 PM and I saw no action. Your role says your action is day only and I did not want to have a night go by without anyone in the Brig.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:55 PM   #552
kingfc22
Head Coach

That's 6 PM PST.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:01 PM   #553
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Blade - it was 6 PM and I saw no action. Your role says your action is day only and I did not want to have a night go by without anyone in the Brig.

i appreciate that...i was planning on doing it at 4 but im rushing frats so i got caught up at an event..i just said that for the future...appreciate you looking out, i just dont want you to waste AP
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:01 PM   #554
Blade6119
Coordinator

do i need to say i want to pick up the gun or is it already on me?
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:02 PM   #555
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
he is far beyond anyone else on my suspicion list and wanted him in there...

May we ask who it is?
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:07 PM   #556
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
May we ask who it is?

Id actually prefer not to tip my hand yet...if im correct, it will only make me a target and if im wrong i will be viewed as trying to get an innocent killed...either way i doubt it will be taken seriously enough yet to get him killed, so ill sit back and watch a bit...see if he tips his hand a second time...all i can say is barkeep wasnt lying when he said he puts hints in his messages...i see one i feel is a nice hint and the person it implicates has been following suite of what i would do if i was spawn...but for now ill watch quietly
Demotivation
Old 09-07-2005, 10:09 PM   #557
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, and there was a reason i didnt put marc in the brig, as i wanted him to be free to attack and confirm my suspicions...i tossed saldana in instead of marc for the purpose of having marc roam free...and him being spawn bolsters my suspicions of #2...but i think we have 3 so i dont want to do anything yet
Demotivation
Old 09-07-2005, 10:17 PM   #558
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
do i need to say i want to pick up the gun or is it already on me?
You have the phaser already
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:49 PM   #559
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Wow, so Marc was a spawn! Thats awesome. Sorry I'm late, but we've been pretty busy tonight at the firestation and this is the first chance I've had to get on. If all goes well tonight and the engine room gets protected, lift-off tomorrow gentleman!
Old 09-07-2005, 11:45 PM   #560
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I gotta say, it's just dumb luck that I wasn't around to unvote Marc. I got swayed by the late arguments that we were rushing to judgement. But there you are.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 12:11 AM   #561
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
Wow, so Marc was a spawn! Thats awesome. Sorry I'm late, but we've been pretty busy tonight at the firestation and this is the first chance I've had to get on. If all goes well tonight and the engine room gets protected, lift-off tomorrow gentleman!

While we need to get off, we need water too...and we cant get any when were off ground
Demotivation
Old 09-08-2005, 12:36 AM   #562
Bek
High School JV

you have a point there blade...i think it would be smart for me to rest tongiht so that if anything does get damaged then ill be rearing to go in the morning...as for lifting off tomorrow or not is a risky move...if we collect water like we did on the first mission than i think it would be worth it...if not then it wouldnt be...
Bek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 01:04 AM   #563
Fouts
College Starter

Well done Captain. I had no idea that Marc was a spawn, but I suppose we had to narrow it down to today's away team.

BTW, I passed on my info that I was spying on jeff and he was working diligently last night. Hopefully I can do my job again tonight, unless exhaustion keeps me from it.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 01:20 AM   #564
Vince
Pro Starter

What a turn of events! Brilliant work Ardent -- I'm impressed that you switched, and even more impressed that it turned out well.

As for the bandwagonning (bandwagoning?), I am afraid that I am the man who cast the first stone, and I did indeed cast it at Schmidty. I don't have much to say that I didn't say in the first post where I voted, or the little follow up post. I wasn't very sure of my vote, but he was one of the three guys that was on the failed away team mission who was not on the successful away team mission. I was VERY sure that we needed to vote to lynch SOMEONE today, so I threw caution to the winds and threw out the first vote.

Anyhow, I like where we stand now, but Bek brings up a good point -- might it not be wise to wait until we send another away team out to get more water? We don't know how much we'll need, or how we'll get it once we're off the planet...I want to get off the planet as soon as possible, to stop Spawn numbers from growing...but I'd hate to do that only to die in one day because we ran out of water.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 05:57 AM   #565
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Well, that's one down. We're batting 100% on our voting, gentlemen. Let's keep it up. It took me a second to understand why I was put in the brig. Thanks for the protection from spawn, but somebody brought my ether in here and now my ass is sore...
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 06:11 AM   #566
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
As does KWhit and Marc Vaughn. Look at our success yesterday. I would point the fingers for that failure at some of the new guys.
On the other hand - knowing my eating habits I might just have got thirsty on the way back
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 06:15 AM   #567
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
In my opinion .05 is far to low to be anything but a sabotage. I'd think if exhaustion caused THAT much of a difference it would be in the rules. Who knows though.
That depends the impression I got was that we didn't find a heck of a lot to start with and lost some of what little there was through leaks etc. on the way back.

I'd expect the exhaustion might have influenced the low find, as far as the leaks that could be sabotage but I'm not sure how these things work, still finding my way around and keeping myself busy painting targets on my red jumper ...
Old 09-08-2005, 06:22 AM   #568
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Originally Posted by saldana
unless i missed the post, bug never reported to the engine room today
Anyone want to come with me and look for him - I'm looking directly at anyone with a large gun who might want to protect little me

(either that or someone else with a red shirt who runs slower than I do )
Old 09-08-2005, 06:29 AM   #569
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Dash it thats what you get for living in the wrong time zone - just caught up with the rest if the thread and realised I'd been rumbled ...

Knew it was a risk was rely on your better natures to give me the benefit of the doubt for a little longer ... hopefully while bumping off a few innocents while confused ....

I reckon if I'd been online to argue I'd have swayed enough people into defending me
Old 09-08-2005, 06:45 AM   #570
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Sorry you had to be the first to go, Marc. Now, go work on making a game where the 5's are right-side-up!
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 07:21 AM   #571
KWhit
Coordinator

Barkeep, can we send an away team for water and then liftoff all in the same day? If yes, is that a short away team or a long or either?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 08:24 AM   #572
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Barkeep, can we send an away team for water and then liftoff all in the same day? If yes, is that a short away team or a long or either?
Lift-off is a 0 AP action (just like voting). Of course once you lift-off there's no going back.

I'm going to first post the ship's status and then go about sending out the appropriate PMs. Give me a couple of minutes to make the appropriate rolls and then to update things.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:32 AM   #573
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Of course once you lift-off there's no going back.

Oh. Wow. I didn't realize that.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:34 AM   #574
saldana
Pro Starter

i would have to agree that we should send out another water team before we leave.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 08:37 AM   #575
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
i would have to agree that we should send out another water team before we leave.

Yep.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:43 AM   #576
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I wonder if a miracle worker would be beneficial.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:48 AM   #577
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Morning comes around and the crew that wakes up, does so with some trepidation. Yesterday would have to be called a success. While the water mission was a failure, the engines were repaired and you executed a Spawn. Not a bad day's work all-in-all.

As you file into the mess hall you notice some haggared faces.
Schmidity was on guard duty yet again and yet again he choose to protect a top officer, this time standing ouside of Captain Ardent's quarters. Meanwhile, the Water Plant was well defended with both Hoopsguy and Sndvls standing there, while Fouts took the Engine Room. Finally you see King look like he hasn't slept, after lurking around the crew's quarters all night.

Once more there is a count of the crew as they file into breakfast, and once more all crew members are acocunted for. Perhaps yesterday was the turning point?

Ship’s Status

Room Reports
Engineering – Fully Operational
Water Plant – Fully Operational
Water Supply – 9.5 units (Enough for just less than two days with the current crew size)
Security Headquarters Fully Operational
Brig – Empty
Weapons Locker – 7 phasers

Crew Status

Command Staff
Captain - ardent enthusiast
First Officer - KWhit
Second Officer - RealDeal
Security Chief - Kingfc22 EXHAUSTED
Ensign - Lathum

Engineers
Saldana
Mr.Wednesday
MrBug708
jeff061
Bek

Medical Staff
Doctor - Vince EXHAUSTED
Nurse - Raiders Army

Security Staff
Sergeant at Arms - sndlvs EXHAUSTED
Warden - Blade6119
Galley Master - hoopsguy EXHAUSTED
Security Crewman - Fouts EXHAUSTED
Security Crewman - Schmidty EXHAUSTED

Scientist
dubb93

Privates
pennywisesb
Passacaglia

Deceased
Marc Vaughan Executed Day 2 (Spawn)

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 09-08-2005 at 09:19 AM.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:48 AM   #578
KWhit
Coordinator

Good thought. Here's the rule on it:

Quote:

Miracle Worker Once per game may activate for one of the following:
- If included on an "Action (Day): Away Team", will protect the team from taint.
- May replenish 3 units of water.

We should decide which of these two actions we think is more important. If we think the away team protection is, then this may be our last shot to use it. Hopefully we get enough water today so that we can lift off and never have to go on another mission.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:48 AM   #579
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
I wonder if a miracle worker would be beneficial.
is anyone's secret role "JESUS CHRIST - you have the power to make water out of nothing"?
Old 09-08-2005, 08:51 AM   #580
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
is anyone's secret role "JESUS CHRIST - you have the power to make water out of nothing"?
DAMN! How'd you figure out MY secret role?
Old 09-08-2005, 09:03 AM   #581
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think it is obvious we need water...
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 09:04 AM   #582
KWhit
Coordinator

Here's what I think we should do and in this order:

Long away mission
Doctor/nurse examine someone (I'm happy for it to be me unless someone comes forward saying they were attacked last night or during the mission today)
Lift off (if we decide that we have enough water)

Does anything else need to happen today?
Old 09-08-2005, 09:05 AM   #583
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Good thought. Here's the rule on it:

We should decide which of these two actions we think is more important. If we think the away team protection is, then this may be our last shot to use it. Hopefully we get enough water today so that we can lift off and never have to go on another mission.

i think we should protect the away team...limiting the number of spawn that are on board before liftoff should be ahead of water for 2 reasons, imo

1. barkeep has hinted that there will be some form of lessening the water usage after lift-off and that there may be another source of water after lift off, so if we get as much as we safely can today, and then leave, we will hopefully be able to maintain ourselves with the other supplies.

2. we got lucky last night with marc, and are possibly ahead of the spawn right now...the sooner we get out of here with those numbers intact, the better.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:05 AM   #584
KWhit
Coordinator

Or:

Should I run 2 short missions today with different groups of people? Might give us more info on who we can/can't trust. It also might make a spawn reluctant to sabotage it and possibly giving themselves away.

I think I like this idea.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:06 AM   #585
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm fine with that. Where be me coffee?
Old 09-08-2005, 09:07 AM   #586
KWhit
Coordinator

The "OR" was meant not as a response to Saldana but to my earlier post.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:07 AM   #587
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

The engineers made a discovery, the water generator is now running after repairing the engine room. While it didn't generate any water last night, after lift off it will generate 1.5 units per day, enough for 6 people.

Last edited by jeff061 : 09-08-2005 at 09:09 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 09:08 AM   #588
KWhit
Coordinator

6 people, huh?
Old 09-08-2005, 09:09 AM   #589
KWhit
Coordinator

With rationing, how many can we support with that?
Old 09-08-2005, 09:10 AM   #590
saldana
Pro Starter

good idea kwhit, and since there is nothing to fix today, feel free to use me on a mission if you would like
Old 09-08-2005, 09:18 AM   #591
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

That is to say, it looks like once we lift off, that much water will be produced. We won't be sure until we actually lift off.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 09-08-2005, 09:20 AM   #592
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Please note that while KWhit may plan and execute two away missions, all other crew members may only go on one away mission per day. Also you may not ration water until there is a shortage.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 09-08-2005 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:21 AM   #593
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Well, the more people we lynch the less water we'll need. We should've lynched someone on day 1. Also, one of the other things to consider is that we can survive a day without water, right? Although I don't think we want to get to that point, I think that adds a little margin of error concerning the water.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 09:24 AM   #594
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

We would be producing enough water to sustain 12 people, plus we have the existing reserve, although I would presume we've been drawing that down?

Old 09-08-2005, 09:27 AM   #595
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
With rationing, how many can we support with that?

12...two rotations of 6, one day on, one day off

this information is why i said we should use the miracle worker to protect today. if we bolster supplies before we leave and suppliment it with the generator water, we have several full days before we need to worry about rationing, so to me, protecting ourselfs becomes a higher priority.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:30 AM   #596
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
12...two rotations of 6, one day on, one day off

this information is why i said we should use the miracle worker to protect today. if we bolster supplies before we leave and suppliment it with the generator water, we have several full days before we need to worry about rationing, so to me, protecting ourselfs becomes a higher priority.

I agree. I think the miracle worker could probably only be used on one mission. So if I lead 2 of them, one will be unprotected.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:34 AM   #597
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I agree. I think the miracle worker could probably only be used on one mission. So if I lead 2 of them, one will be unprotected.

according to the away mission rules, long missions have a better chance of success than short, and the more people that go on them also increases that chance. so since we can only protect one, maybe one huge long mission is a better plan than the two short ones. of course this doesnt help the determining spawn part of the game, only the water issue
Old 09-08-2005, 09:36 AM   #598
SnDvls
Pro Starter

do I need to hand out phasers again today or does everyone who had one yesterday still have their's?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 09:37 AM   #599
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
according to the away mission rules, long missions have a better chance of success than short, and the more people that go on them also increases that chance. so since we can only protect one, maybe one huge long mission is a better plan than the two short ones. of course this doesnt help the determining spawn part of the game, only the water issue

I see your point and agree with it. I'm torn. They both have their advantages.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:40 AM   #600
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm willing to bet that if we do a long mission they'd be protected from taint. Doesn't say much about spawn on the mission, but at least no one would be tainted.