mckerney - narcizo, autumn, hoops, mrbug, commo, dzilla
jackal - saldana
lathum - dubb, jackal, danny, RA
mrbug - CF, mckerney
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #802
Raiders Army
Coordinator

FWIW, we do have a 20% chance that the lightbringer will not die if cleansed.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #803
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
dzilla, if you are roled, why would you draw so much attention to yourself by moving off on the tie so early?

FWIW that is exactly where I like to play when I am roled. My reasoning is it makes me extremely unlikely to be NK'ed and I can always reveal to avoid a lynch.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #804
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I think you guys are misunderstanding me. I'm not saying those people are wolves, or that they have to be wolves. I'm saying, just like we look at say second voters early in a day, or last minute switches, looking at the first movers after a reveal can be illuminating. That's all. I like to keep track of who it is, as it can be one more piece in the pile of circumstantial evidence.

I still completely disagree. I think it simply shows who was reading the thread first. My vote wasn't on Dzilla, but if it was I would have switched off ASAP after his reveal if it was.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:54 PM   #805
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I am strongly considering a switch back to Autumn

lol, this isn't old enough news for you? Every game I make a bunch of thoughts out loud about what might or might not be wolf behavior, then people start jumping on me for thinking out loud. I could write a script to play WW for me.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:54 PM   #806
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I still completely disagree. I think it simply shows who was reading the thread first. My vote wasn't on Dzilla, but if it was I would have switched off ASAP after his reveal if it was.

Yup. A wolf will always be caught in that lie eventually. Unless it is on the verge of the deadline you move your vote. You move your vote regardless on D1. No way the wolf who fake reveals on D1 makes it to the end of the game.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #807
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think you guys are misunderstanding me. I'm not saying those people are wolves, or that they have to be wolves. I'm saying, just like we look at say second voters early in a day, or last minute switches, looking at the first movers after a reveal can be illuminating. That's all. I like to keep track of who it is, as it can be one more piece in the pile of circumstantial evidence.

I look at it as someone who was caught up in the thread. I was a whole page behind when the reveal happened but invoted right away then finished reading so I guess just because I was behind I get a pass then?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #808
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
lol, this isn't old enough news for you? Every game I make a bunch of thoughts out loud about what might or might not be wolf behavior, then people start jumping on me for thinking out loud. I could write a script to play WW for me.

Hey, I think I was in this script last game.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #809
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

unvote dubbs

Not sure I'm going to hop on the autumn bandwagon at the moment... I think the logic sounded better at first but now he's just trying to backpedal a little.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #810
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

In a world with only villagers, it would show that absolutely. In a world with wolves, it is also slightly skewed by the needs of the wolves to look like good villagers. A good villager is one who makes sure roled villagers don't get killed, ASAP. So among good villagers, villagers who are in thread at the time, early moves will usually also include wolves who are in thread at the time. A wolf is never going to hang around in thread and not move off a reveal, is basically my point.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #811
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
FWIW that is exactly where I like to play when I am roled. My reasoning is it makes me extremely unlikely to be NK'ed and I can always reveal to avoid a lynch.

I think you are a pretty risky player and I guess that is one of the reasons you are pretty good at subversion. But most people with a powerful role like that try not to pull attention on them. Unless they are just like that in general.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #812
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
dzilla, if you are roled, why would you draw so much attention to yourself by moving off on the tie so early?

well in his defense he did not know ntn was a wolf. how could he? As for moving off a tie, I see nothing wrong with that. That was just unlucky it came up like that.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #813
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Hey, I think I was in this script last game.

How does it feel to know you were playing against a bot?
Old 10-04-2011, 06:59 PM   #814
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Just waiting on the undead hand to smack you

is it YOUR undead hand? HmmmmMMMMM?
Old 10-04-2011, 07:00 PM   #815
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
How does it feel to know you were playing against a bot?

so autumn, when you move do the 47 other bots all move the same direction?
Old 10-04-2011, 07:00 PM   #816
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
well in his defense he did not know ntn was a wolf. how could he? As for moving off a tie, I see nothing wrong with that. That was just unlucky it came up like that.

I guess if he was a wolf also. That is the whole point. Now with the reveal, not so much.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:02 PM   #817
Autumn
Head Coach

I've considered in the past doing a "FOFC Werewolf" Werewolf game, where the roles are all people who play here. Clearly my ability would be to spout nonsense and distract the village.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:03 PM   #818
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

But that's the whole point. He isn't a wolf. And you're asking him now after knowing that is all.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:03 PM   #819
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
In a world with only villagers, it would show that absolutely. In a world with wolves, it is also slightly skewed by the needs of the wolves to look like good villagers. A good villager is one who makes sure roled villagers don't get killed, ASAP. So among good villagers, villagers who are in thread at the time, early moves will usually also include wolves who are in thread at the time. A wolf is never going to hang around in thread and not move off a reveal, is basically my point.

neither is a villager!
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:04 PM   #820
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I've considered in the past doing a "FOFC Werewolf" Werewolf game, where the roles are all people who play here. Clearly my ability would be to spout nonsense and distract the village.

And don't forget the rule: If Crimson Fox is in the game, he MUST vote for you.

unvote Bug
vote Autumn
Old 10-04-2011, 07:04 PM   #821
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Yeah, I don't really know anything about his style, so thinking things through.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:05 PM   #822
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

OOC, i already own the rights to this idea...there is a thread somewhere where i just randomly start posting the role descriptions...it was pretty funny if i may say so myself.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:07 PM   #823
hoopsguy
General Manager

I actually side with Autumn on his "wolves move off faster" because they are playing with complete info in terms of wolf/villager and thus are more rapid to "believe" a reveal. Villagers, who don't know anything basically, are more likely to question in thread or digest the reveal internally before moving off the player.

Certainly not 100% true, but I think there is something to what Autumn suggested.

And, if I was a cruel man, I would now move my vote to Autumn just to jerk his chain a little bit.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:09 PM   #824
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I think some people who are doing a bunch of analysis need to tune it to day 2. We have a bunch of good analysis so far but it is more geared for the back half of the game. Alot of the moves people are being fingered as wolves for simply don't work on D1. You may expect a wolf to make that move on D4/5/6+, but keep in mind yesterday was D1 and we are running under the theory there were only 2 wolves and multiple chances @ conversions.

Think about it like this. Do you link yourself to that wolf on D1? If not what do you do? I burn him. I distance myself from him as much as possible. On D4/5/6/7 do I do this? Maybe, probably not so much. But yesterday was D1. As a village we need to put this all in perspective.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:10 PM   #825
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
OOC, i already own the rights to this idea...there is a thread somewhere where i just randomly start posting the role descriptions...it was pretty funny if i may say so myself.

You can send the fine to my address.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #826
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think some people who are doing a bunch of analysis need to tune it to day 2. We have a bunch of good analysis so far but it is more geared for the back half of the game. Alot of the moves people are being fingered as wolves for simply don't work on D1. You may expect a wolf to make that move on D4/5/6+, but keep in mind yesterday was D1 and we are running under the theory there were only 2 wolves and multiple chances @ conversions.

Think about it like this. Do you link yourself to that wolf on D1? If not what do you do? I burn him. I distance myself from him as much as possible. On D4/5/6/7 do I do this? Maybe, probably not so much. But yesterday was D1. As a village we need to put this all in perspective.

Sitting back and doing nothing would be a good alternative to burning him as well. I think anyone voting for someone who they think attempted to protect NtN yesterday needs to put the reasons why they are making that vote into the above perspective. Would you have made that move on D1 with only 2 wolves and multiple chances @ conversion going forward?
Old 10-04-2011, 07:12 PM   #827
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I actually side with Autumn on his "wolves move off faster" because they are playing with complete info in terms of wolf/villager and thus are more rapid to "believe" a reveal. Villagers, who don't know anything basically, are more likely to question in thread or digest the reveal internally before moving off the player.

Certainly not 100% true, but I think there is something to what Autumn suggested.

And, if I was a cruel man, I would now move my vote to Autumn just to jerk his chain a little bit.

Thanks for getting what I mean. Yes, a villager might chew over a reveal, try to decide if it's fake. A wolf doesn't generally dare do that.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #828
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Incidently dubb, I am not running under the assumption that there were only 2 wolves at the start.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #829
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Sitting back and doing nothing would be a good alternative to burning him as well. I think anyone voting for someone who they think attempted to protect NtN yesterday needs to put the reasons why they are making that vote into the above perspective. Would you have made that move on D1 with only 2 wolves and multiple chances @ conversion going forward?

Well, the alternative is to pick from the 20 other people who did nothing related to the lynching of NTN? I agree, percentages say the other wolves weren't really involved in it, but then that gives us absolutely nothing to base a vote on.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:16 PM   #830
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Incidently dubb, I am not running under the assumption that there were only 2 wolves at the start.

Well that would be a change from last time. Incidentally last game was heading towards a wolf victory and Abe seems to have gimped the villager a little more this time than last(can't item pass to roles).

Talking about game balance/mechanics here. The game was won by the wolves up to the point where it was blown up. We can also see in the rules the village had powers taken away from it. While it is possible the wolves were given greater numbers here I doubt it. I would guess that the wolves were infact down graded is powers as well. Most likely conversion mechanics.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #831
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well, the alternative is to pick from the 20 other people who did nothing related to the lynching of NTN? I agree, percentages say the other wolves weren't really involved in it, but then that gives us absolutely nothing to base a vote on.

Well at the end of the day you can either play the percentages or vote based on gut. I do a little bit of both and as you have admitted you can't be doing both right now if.......
Old 10-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #832
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Well that would be a change from last time. Incidentally last game was heading towards a wolf victory and Abe seems to have gimped the villager a little more this time than last(can't item pass to roles).

Talking about game balance/mechanics here. The game was won by the wolves up to the point where it was blown up. We can also see in the rules the village had powers taken away from it. While it is possible the wolves were given greater numbers here I doubt it. I would guess that the wolves were infact down graded is powers as well. Most likely conversion mechanics.

I think there are more villager roles, no?
Old 10-04-2011, 07:19 PM   #833
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

I do think, however, that there are many players that are more laid back about this and just don't work that way. Just sit there and digest info or log in and forget they are logged in or just don't want to move until they know where they want to go. I don't understand it either but I've seen people not act and not post for many reasons.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:20 PM   #834
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think there are more villager roles, no?

By 2 but I'm pretty sure The Tinkerer was a private role last time around. The Lifegiver is powerful however.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:20 PM   #835
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Thanks for getting what I mean. Yes, a villager might chew over a reveal, try to decide if it's fake. A wolf doesn't generally dare do that.

Why do you keep hinting that you are a wolf?
Every page you have a post that has a word in it related to eating.

Or are you just hungry...
Old 10-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #836
mckerney
Coordinator

I'm the martyr so I guess it's my role to die rather that someone with an important role so it's not too bad if the vote holds and I'm lynched here. I would rather we find a wolf today though.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #837
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Can the lifegiver resurrect a roled player? I'm sure they probably could.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #838
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Why do you keep hinting that you are a wolf?
Every page you have a post that has a word in it related to eating.

Or are you just hungry...

lol, I didn't even do that on purpose. I was afraid to say something about the chain knowing you'd jump on it too!

I am hungry. I just ate an apple.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #839
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I'm the martyr so I guess it's my role to die rather that someone with an important role so it's not too bad if the vote holds and I'm lynched here. I would rather we find a wolf today though.

Well currently you are doing your job. Ha haaaaaaaaaaa ...is this thing on?...
Old 10-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #840
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Can the lifegiver resurrect a roled player? I'm sure they probably could.

I'm basically 100% positive he can.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:23 PM   #841
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

unvote autumn

That vote was a joke post anyway but I'm rethinking. Maybe everyone should reveal and then we can vote.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:23 PM   #842
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I must have misread his comment. Still voting for you though, something doesn't sit right with me about your knee jerk reaction to immedeatly vote me back

Quote:
That's fine. We can play this out. I will stay the same as well. Between your vote with no reasoning yesterday, your cryptic roled comments yesterday(yet here you still are), and your refusal to admit you were wrong today I would say you are as good a candidate as any today as well.

Werewolf should be a study in how people see the things they want to see. I clearly admitted I misread hoops comments, yet Dubb claims I didn't.

Just in case I wasn't clear enough though...

Dear Dubb

I fully admit I was incorrect in my reading of and subsequent agreement of Hoopguys comments. I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused. See the thing is work has been very busy lately and I can often only skim over threads. I work for an insurance company and there has been a lot of rain in the Seattle area, so I must dedicate more time to my tasks at work and less time to werewolf. It has made me a far less attentive player, but unfortunately sacrifices must be made. I am truly sorry and as soon as my son goes to bed tonight and my wife gets home ( she has a late work meeting) I will head to the nearest chapel to confess my wrong doings, don't worry, I will probably only have to say ten hail marys and a few our fathers. I hope that will suffice as to me admitting just how very wrong I was, and again, my sincerest apologies for not properly addressing this sooner.

Sincerely

Lathum
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:24 PM   #843
Autumn
Head Coach

Damn, we're turning up roles left and right.

And just so people can amuse themselves by beating me with my own words...

unvote mckerney
vote the jackal
Old 10-04-2011, 07:24 PM   #844
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

LOL lathum that is awesome.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:24 PM   #845
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Thank you autumn, you were being timed!
Old 10-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #846
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Werewolf should be a study in how people see the things they want to see. I clearly admitted I misread hoops comments, yet Dubb claims I didn't.

Just in case I wasn't clear enough though...

Dear Dubb

I fully admit I was incorrect in my reading of and subsequent agreement of Hoopguys comments. I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused. See the thing is work has been very busy lately and I can often only skim over threads. I work for an insurance company and there has been a lot of rain in the Seattle area, so I must dedicate more time to my tasks at work and less time to werewolf. It has made me a far less attentive player, but unfortunately sacrifices must be made. I am truly sorry and as soon as my son goes to bed tonight and my wife gets home ( she has a late work meeting) I will head to the nearest chapel to confess my wrong doings, don't worry, I will probably only have to say ten hail marys and a few our fathers. I hope that will suffice as to me admitting just how very wrong I was, and again, my sincerest apologies for not properly addressing this sooner.

Sincerely

Lathum

This is 100% different than I imagined my Dubb/Lathum showdown, but it is also the best thing ever.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #847
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I refuse to accept apologies.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:26 PM   #848
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm moving to Jackal just because he was the other person on my list that has any votes. I don't really have a lot of time to ponder it right now, but hoefully will.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:26 PM   #849
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I refuse to accept apologies.

This however, I totally expected. ;-)
Old 10-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #850
hoopsguy
General Manager