Old 02-10-2010, 12:27 PM   #301
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

lol
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:27 PM   #302
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Having said that, I'm sure Jon's dictatorship would only be moderately malevolent, once you get over the fact that his first step would be to get rid of 4/5ths of the world's population.

Last edited by flere-imsaho : 02-10-2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: NO DOLA
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:39 PM   #303
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

I wonder how the Tea Party looks at the Baby Boom years. I find it unbelievable that (according to wiki): Top marginal tax rates stayed near or above 90% until 1964 when the top marginal tax rate was lowered to 70%.

The good ol days seems mighty red to me...

What is the worse case scenario with Obama, a 4-8% increase?
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:53 PM   #304
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by AENeuman View Post
I wonder how the Tea Party looks at the Baby Boom years. I find it unbelievable that (according to wiki): Top marginal tax rates stayed near or above 90% until 1964 when the top marginal tax rate was lowered to 70%.

The good ol days seems mighty red to me...

What is the worse case scenario with Obama, a 4-8% increase?

I wonder how they can explain income tax rates being higher for most of Reagan's presidency then they are now.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:27 PM   #305
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Bear in mind this is the same group who has people protesting health care reform by shouting "Keep the government's hands off my Medicare!"
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:31 PM   #306
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
You did pretty well there, especially since I would have expected most people to have overlooked #3 on their first pass through. I'd likely raise the age limit by some amount & definitely eliminate eligibility for those on the non-retirement dole.
Do you raise the military retirement age requirement too?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:49 PM   #307
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Bear in mind this is the same group who has people protesting health care reform by shouting "Keep the government's hands off my Medicare!"

logical consistency not apparently being one of their core beliefs
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:12 AM   #308
RainMaker
General Manager

David Duke wants to run for President!
Old 05-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #309
Dutch
"Dutch"

I'm not going to play that video. Did he say something interesting?
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #310
JPhillips
General Manager

That's not a picture I would expect in David Duke's office. I bet if they panned around he's got a copy of Footprints somewhere.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:20 AM   #311
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

He did seem to try to draw a direct comparison between himself and Obama to prove some sort of hypocrisy.

He just looks unevolved, doesn't he?

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:24 AM   #312
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
I'm not going to play that video. Did he say something interesting?
Just that the Jews are ruining the country and the blacks and Mexicans aren't helping either. And how the media is distorting the tea party as racists when they are just white people who don't want dark people around.

Your typical white supremacist rant.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:28 AM   #313
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Just that the Jews are ruining the country and the blacks and Mexicans aren't helping either. And how the media is distorting the tea party as racists when they are just white people who don't want dark people around.

Your typical white supremacist rant.

Got it. I'm really not up to speed on the Tea Party. Just to keep the conversation going, are they just a bunch of white racists that don't want dark people around?
Old 05-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #314
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Got it. I'm really not up to speed on the Tea Party. Just to keep the conversation going, are they just a bunch of white racists that don't want dark people around?
I don't know, never been to an event.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #315
Dutch
"Dutch"

Have you ever read opinions about them or researched them? I haven't but ya know...I'm not the one who has 47,000 political posts on FOFC...so I figured you would know.

Last edited by Dutch : 05-15-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:35 AM   #316
Dutch
"Dutch"

dola: Holy crap and you started this thread.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:37 AM   #317
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Have you ever read opinions about them or researched them? I haven't but ya know...I'm not the one who has 47,000 political posts on FOFC...so I figured you would know.
I've read pieces on them and seen images and stuff. But I couldn't tell you the collective mindset of the group. Probably a lot of people there for a lot of different reasons.

If you're trying to argue what David Duke said, you should probably contact him directly. I was just telling you what he said in it.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:00 PM   #318
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I've read pieces on them and seen images and stuff. But I couldn't tell you the collective mindset of the group. Probably a lot of people there for a lot of different reasons.

If you're trying to argue what David Duke said, you should probably contact him directly. I was just telling you what he said in it.

You are obviously trying to suggest something, why else would you be mentioning this clown in this thread? I don't know what the Tea Party is all about (other than they are somewhere on the right of the political spectrum) and don't know what David Duke said (other than I can only imagine that it was far-right racist crap). I'm more interested though to understand what your point is for posting what you posted.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:05 PM   #319
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
You are obviously trying to suggest something, why else would you be mentioning this clown in this thread? I don't know what the Tea Party is all about (other than they are somewhere on the right of the political spectrum) and don't know what David Duke said (other than I can only imagine that it was far-right racist crap). I'm more interested though to understand what your point is for posting what you posted.

His point is that anyone who doesn't want the government taxing everyone to an insane amount is racist.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 02:35 PM   #320
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
No, I just thought it was funny to see David Duke trying to tie himself to the Tea Party.