Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Battlefield Bad Company 2: PC or XBOX360?

This game comes out next week and looks pretty good to me. I'm interested in wading into the multiplayer pool, so the question is where will there be more players? PC version or Xbox360? Which version are you looking to buy?

tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:28 PM   #2
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

I'm getting it for 360, and only know people getting it for 360. I would assume more players on the 360, but I could be wrong.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #3
RainMaker
General Manager

Ton of players on the 360. Not sure how the servers work with a PC version, but it'll probably be a couple weeks before it's playable online on the 360. But if players is your biggest concern, the 360 is where it is at.

Last edited by RainMaker : 02-27-2010 at 09:40 PM.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:58 PM   #4
MikeVic
Head Coach

PS3.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:27 AM   #5
Icy
Pro Starter

I'm not sure if to buy it for PS3 or PC.

I always played shooters in PC and when i tried them in consoles i felt totally lost aiming with the pad instead of mouse, but lately i have been playing MW2 and MAG in the PS3 and i'm now used to it enough to enjoy.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:17 AM   #6
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

I did some more reading last night, and it looks like lots of people complain about cheating/hacking in these shooter-type games. I see that Steam touts their anti-cheat software for the PC version. I wonder how effective that really is? Would that sway your decision one way or the other?
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:21 AM   #7
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

X360
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:05 AM   #8
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

How are you guys liking BC2? After the disappointment of MLB The Show I'm looking to play something new.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:10 AM   #9
MikeVic
Head Coach

I'm playing with a few friends and having a blast.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:12 PM   #10
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I'm having a good time but the more I play the more I really need to recruit some friends into this game. With no voice chat outside of squads it gets pretty boring flying solo. Every once in awhile I come across a squad that slightly works together but for the most part there is no teamwork. IF I had the friends playing I could see where this game would easily overtake MW2 as my main fps.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:39 PM   #11
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
I'm having a good time but the more I play the more I really need to recruit some friends into this game. With no voice chat outside of squads it gets pretty boring flying solo. Every once in awhile I come across a squad that slightly works together but for the most part there is no teamwork. IF I had the friends playing I could see where this game would easily overtake MW2 as my main fps.

Yeah, I played the demo a bit on my own and it was harder and less fun. On a functioning, communicating squad, you help each other out a lot and funny stuff sometimes happens.

What you can do (and what a friend does when none of us are online), is if you play with someone you like, add them as a friend, and then next time invite them to your squad. If you play well together, it's awesome.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:32 AM   #12
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
How are you guys liking BC2? After the disappointment of MLB The Show I'm looking to play something new.

I traded in MW2 for BFBC2 yesterday in a shop and i must say that for the little time i have played, it's way more fun and a better game overall (unless you prefer the small maps and frenetic pace of MW2).

BFBC2 is more tactical, plus you can use all the vehicles for something different.

The campaign is also short (sadly the trend for all shooters), probably won't last more than 6 hours in normal difficulty, but i must say i'm loving it, the 3 team mates personalities and short and frequent movie cutscenes are really great and add a lot to the story. The landscapes are way more complex and better looking than in MW2, and the sound.... holly f*ing sh*t. I haven't ever heard a shooter sound like this through headphones. Between the nice pad vibration effect and sound, you feel like shooting real weapons, i had read about it in different reviews, but you need to hear it by yourself.

About the online part, servers were down for maintenance yesterday for a couple of hours, just when i went back home with the game, so i played mainly the SP campaign, but when i was going to bed saw there were online again and played a couple of conquest games.

Maps are bigger than in MW2, and the best thing is how you can destroy everything in the environment, you can see holes for every bullet you shoot, particles fly around, and it's great to use an LMG vs a guy hiding behind soft cover like wood, as you can see how your bullets destroy his cover. Also you don't feel safe into any building, as a tank or grenade can blow it up anytime killing you inside.

About team work and tactical team work... in two games i didn't see it playing with randoms, but i guess it's the same for every shooter unless you play with friends on into a clan, but the biggest maps and destroyable and changing environment force you to think your moves and not to just run and fire like in MW2.

Overall i'm impressed with it, MAG probably encourages more teamwork because it's fully objective based, but i find a good tactical part in BFBC2 too, specially again compared with MW2, and graphics and sound are way better in BFBC2 than in MAG (on the other hand, MAG is 128vs128 players battles while BFBC is 12vs12). Both with MAG and BFBC2 i'll have online shooters for a long time, i was really tired of the frenetic and run & gun gameplay of MW2.

The biggest positive things i see are:

- INCREDIBLE sound effects.
- Destructive environment
- Immersive campaign (but short)
- Awesome graphics, really next gen, specially the environment.
- Big maps

Last edited by Icy : 03-06-2010 at 05:36 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:01 PM   #13
RainMaker
General Manager

Has anyone else's stats/unlocks been reset again?
Old 03-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #14
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I'll look in a bit, but what is everybody playing it on? 4 360 players in a squad would be sweet. Don't know why I never asked this while complaining about the lack of teamwork.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:43 PM   #15
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Scoobz - I rented this for the 360 last night. I haven't played it yet but plan to tonight. Look for me online if you're on tonight - GT= Pronk32

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:08 PM   #16
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I don't plan on going out tonight so I will be on at some point. if you get a message from LicensedDwarf that's me.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #17
RainMaker
General Manager

I'm at MrTurdFurguson if you want to squad up. I haven't had much luck getting online though today. The game is infinitely more fun in a squad of people who work together.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #18
mckerney
Coordinator

I've been playing a lot on PC.

Last edited by mckerney : 06-16-2019 at 09:16 AM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:01 PM   #19
mckerney
Coordinator

For PC players:

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 FOV Calculator
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:04 PM   #20
RainMaker
General Manager

If your goal is playing now, I'd probably say PC. Might take a month before 360 servers are functioning properly (based on past BF releases).
Old 05-17-2010, 08:40 PM   #21
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Is this really the only thread for this? I've been playing on PC for a few weeks now and I. Am. Tewwible.

'capt ron'
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote