Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-14-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Interesting Quote

Quote:
Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.

Sounds like a page right out of the US SOP. Oh, I forgot to mention who originally said this.

Hermann Goering, President of the Reichstag, Nazi Party, and Luftwaffe Commander in Chief.

Please refrain from throwing fruit and/or vegetables, think of the children. Thank you.

Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:12 PM   #2
boberot
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Please refrain from throwing fruit and/or vegetables, think of the children. Thank you.

Quite the contrary.

That's chilling. Thanks for sharing.
boberot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:49 PM   #3
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

That is a good quote, although on the other hand,

Quote:
We would fight not for the political future of a distant city, rather for principles whose destruction would ruin the possibility of peace and security for the peoples of the earth.

Neville Chamberlain
judicial clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:00 PM   #4
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

From the pages of Duh Magazine?

Last edited by jeff061 : 05-14-2010 at 11:00 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:58 AM   #5
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Sounds like a page right out of the US SOP. Oh, I forgot to mention who originally said this.

Hermann Goering, President of the Reichstag, Nazi Party, and Luftwaffe Commander in Chief.

Hmmm, now that you mention it. The Nazi's wore pants...and Americans wear pants....holy crap, you're right...chilling comparisons!

Last edited by Dutch : 05-15-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:06 AM   #6
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:

Did I mistake the World Trade Center parking garage bomb, bombing of US installations, the bombing of embassies, the suicide attack on the USS Cole, and 9/11 as non-attacks?

I guess they were attacks only in my imaginiation.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:06 AM   #7
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Hmmm, now that you mention it. The Nazi's wore pants...and Americans wear pants....holy crap, you're right...chilling comparisons!
What does pants have to do with a quote about the use of "patriotism" to advance agendas?

Last edited by RainMaker : 05-15-2010 at 08:07 AM.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:09 AM   #8
RainMaker
General Manager

As for the quote, it's pretty dead on. Not just for wars and politics, but for everything involving us as a species. This formula is used by families, religions, businesses, and even sports teams.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:44 AM   #9
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
What does pants have to do with a quote about the use of "patriotism" to advance agendas?

Beats me...was the intended message here that the "US SOP" and the Nazi's both used the words "patriotism"?
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote