Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-13-2007, 12:07 AM   #1
14ers
High School Varsity

HM3 post Dec 11th patch.

Anyone out there still playing this game?

Seems the developer has really changed the challenge of the game with this patch. I am currently not have any luck at all on the Hollywood Mogul level. All my movies seem to lose around $50 million.

Any advice?

14ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:00 AM   #2
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

I found the game too random for my taste. No matter how well you did everything when creating a film, the result seemed to just completely be a number thrown up there. No reason why it failed, or why it succeed, or why it did average - it just did.

It just wasn't fun. He added so much in terms of what you could do to make a movie with absolutely no new incenitive for doing it (less IMO).
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:19 PM   #3
path12
Coordinator

I also have been having trouble making money post patch, but I think it's just a matter of playing around with it some more. I don't find it random necessarily, but there seems to be a LOT more variables to take into account.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:32 PM   #4
Cuckoo
College Starter

I just don't find it all that enjoyable. Many of the small things that made the previous version fun are either gone or hidden within so much micromanagement. I've lurked around the HM3 forum a bit and have seen the developer get pretty touchy about some comments/suggestions - kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

I'm still holding out hope that once a lot of the user-created databases are complete I'll be able to get into it again.

Last edited by Cuckoo : 01-13-2007 at 12:32 PM.
Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:42 PM   #5
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, he already pulled out the 'I created the game I wanted and released it just incase anyone wanted to play it' response. If he had been a little more receptive to some other ideas I think I'd of been more interested. Then again, I had already puchased the game, so it doesn't matter much now.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:47 PM   #6
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deattribution View Post
Then again, I had already puchased the game, so it doesn't matter much now.

Kind of what I've been thinking myself.

I thought it'd be a lot more entertaining than it turned out to be, my fault for having those expectations. Oh well, live & learn.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:49 PM   #7
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Wow. I'm really glad that I held off buying this one. I had really enjoyed HM2, but it sounds like HM3 isn't nearly as much fun. Too bad since it had some features which looked great on paper.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:10 PM   #8
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo View Post
I just don't find it all that enjoyable. Many of the small things that made the previous version fun are either gone or hidden within so much micromanagement. I've lurked around the HM3 forum a bit and have seen the developer get pretty touchy about some comments/suggestions - kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

I'm still holding out hope that once a lot of the user-created databases are complete I'll be able to get into it again.

I had the first two versions, IIRC he's always kind of been that way.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:11 PM   #9
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I had the first two versions, IIRC he's always kind of been that way.
Ever since the original Hollywood Mogul was out, Carey's been that way. Honestly, I almost didn't purchase just because I feared the same type of response from him, but I went and did it anyway. Now, I agree that the game isn't as fun as I had hoped, and his attitude hasn't changed.

I've got to say, though, that it's still been a far, far, far better experience than EA NFL Head Coach.