Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-03-2005, 05:35 PM   #1
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Living the Dream - The Final Chapter

And so when we last left our hero, he was recovering from the ravages of his injuries. Severe groin pull, Abdominal tear, Hairline fracture in his collar bone, and father time himself, pulling, prodding, and poking at a litany of aches and pains just to let him know that he was no longer young.

But injuries would heal if given time. And time was what he wished to give them. He had to prepare for his second to last semester of college. He had to prepare birthday parties for his two young daughters. He had to work long hours to save money to pay for this dream. He had to say goodbye to both his grandmother’s in the span of one month. He had many things to do to prepare for his last year in a football uniform.

And so almost ten months have past since he played on the team’s first conference championship in school history. What has transpired? What can we expect?

Well, for starters, he agreed to another year on the defensive line. Last season he bulked up to between 230-235 pounds and found out that, though he was quicker than the immense linemen in front of him, if they were ever to get a hold of him, he would not be very effective. So, the past 7 months we has worked out and reported in camp at 250 pounds, much to the happiness of the coaching staff.

He received his much coveted conference championship ring. (Picture provided on further date). His head coach was featured as one of the 80 hot coaches for 2005 in the August edition of American Football Monthly. The remarkable climb of Tabor College football from obscurity to respectability took the ultimate step last Friday at the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference annual media day at the Salina Country Club. The defending KCAC champions were picked by both coaches and media as the team to beat in the race for this season's crown-marking the first time in school history that the Bluejays are the preseason favorite. The Bluejays are pre-season #1 in the KCAC and #19 in the NAIA national preseason polls.

But like all the realities of life, not all is gold. Not only with the passing of both his grandmother’s within a month of each other in August and September. His youngest daughter is ready to attend pre-school. He and his wife agree that this is very important. But in Kansas, it cost 800 dollars a month. Attach the cost of daycare for the youngest daughter, and you have a situation where his wife’s salary alone will not provide the income needed to make it to March when he graduates. So, they made the toughest decision he and his wife have ever made. They moved the kids and the wife to her family in Arkansas, where pre-school is free, and her mother can watch the youngest for free, and his wife can work. This means that he will only see his family on weekends, and this has been very hard for him to accept. But, because this is only for four months, they decided it could be done.

And so, next Saturday, the new and for him, last season begins. Your humble correspondent will try to do as he did last season. Provide you with weekly updates and my amateur attempts at video highlights. Because of the outrageous fuel prices, it is unknown if I can attend the same number of games this year,

For those interested, I can answer whatever questions you have.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand

Last edited by Senator : 09-03-2005 at 05:39 PM.
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 09:41 PM   #2
Izulde
Head Coach

Glad to see you've decided to still update us. Maybe being away from his family will give him even more motivation to kick some tail, though from what I've read, he seems already motivated.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 09:59 PM   #3
Senator

The annual Saturday before the season starts scrimmage.
Email update from Clay:

"2 sacks & 1 tackle for loss on a screen play. We got a kid named Jenkins that will be an absolute stud this season at Wr...a legitimate 4.4 with great hands and feet. He juked Jake Shenk, and 2 other guys on his way to a 75 yard TD. Roger busted open a 80 yard TD run that was reminiscent of Emmit Smith, it was awesome, but against 2nd team. I'm on KO return right in front of the return men, I might get to return a squib this season. No pain in groin or shoulder, and it looks like all the hard work this summer rehabbing paid off. Only one injury on the team, a groin pull for a 3rd team CB. We would beat our last years team by 50 points, no lie. We have a legitimate 5 wide set with OUTSTANDING receivers, and 2 defensive line fronts that have no drop off in talent. It looks very promising."
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Old 09-03-2005, 10:04 PM   #4
Icy
Pro Starter

Good to hear back from him, i'll be following for sure.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 10:40 PM   #5
Radii
Head Coach

Its great to see this again this year, last year's was easily my favorite dynasty ever.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 03:20 PM   #6
3ric
College Starter

It'd be interesting to see how much Tabor's improved from last years great run...
Old 09-04-2005, 04:10 PM   #7
Senator

Big question mark is the secondary once again it seems to me. God, what it must feel like to get to play one last time....

Old 09-04-2005, 10:20 PM   #8
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii
Its great to see this again this year, last year's was easily my favorite dynasty ever.

Exactly. 'nuff said.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:08 PM   #9
JeeberD
General Manager

Awesome, go Tabor!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 11:13 PM   #10
stevew
Hall Of Famer

You all should try to "spec script" this story. It would translate great to a movie.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 07:51 AM   #11
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Best dynasty read, by default.

Regarding the potential for a movie - this would make a great documentary as well. One of the guys who made "The Last Game" (which I highly recommend - it's one of those documentaries where you'd have a hard time believing it if it weren't true) used to be my neighbor and this would be right up their alley. Unfortunately, he moved to Australia.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 09:56 AM   #12
Senator

I made an 11 DVD set for each member of my family at Christmas from last years season. I had some custom work done on the box.
I had alot of good footage, but it was all done with my cheesy Sony DV camcorder. Ok for home movies, but it didn't really give it that feel it needs for a documentary. I wish someone would do one, it has had it's share of drama, and all considered, it has a ways to go. One thing I wanted to do was mic him up for at least one game while I was recording. I bought a wireless mic but, I am not sure I want to mess with it.

Last edited by Senator : 09-05-2005 at 09:56 AM.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:32 PM   #13
Senator

And in the latest news....

He will be wearing lucky #13

They play KWU and the QB is a transfer from Iowa. Should be a good game. I leave out Friday afternoon for my weekly long drives.

Old 09-06-2005, 08:16 PM   #14
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I'm so glad to hear this is back for another year!
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:54 PM   #15
Buzzbee
College Starter

Weekly tasks:

1) Read post game comments on Georgia Tech game.
2) Read post game comments on Falcons game.
3) Read post game comments on Tabor game. GO CLAY!!!!
4) Kiss wife, tell her I love her.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:14 AM   #16
Senator

For those with a Saturday night to kill - they have a Live Webcast and live radio on the website at KSU.

Link - http://www.kwu.edu/athletics/football/

Old 09-11-2005, 05:51 PM   #17
Senator

32-13 Win.

Clay suffered an LCL sprain, but finished the game. Other than some soreness and swelling, he should be fine.

Old 09-11-2005, 06:11 PM   #18
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbee
Weekly tasks:

1) Read post game comments on Georgia Tech game.
2) Read post game comments on Falcons game.
3) Read post game comments on Tabor game. GO CLAY!!!!
4) Kiss wife, tell her I love her.

1) Try to remember if Georgia Tech even has a football team.
2) Try as best as possible to avoid the message board diarrhea about the Falcons.
3) Definitely read post game comments on Tabor. GO CLAY!
4) Kiss wife, etc.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 06:55 PM   #19
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator
32-13 Win.

Clay suffered an LCL sprain, but finished the game. Other than some soreness and swelling, he should be fine.

Excellent news. Will there be a more detailed report forthcoming?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 07:32 PM   #20
Senator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Excellent news. Will there be a more detailed report forthcoming?

Oh yeah, I just crawled in from the drive. The downside of going to his games is that the Texas/OSU game was being played at exactly the same time Saturday night. My brother in law was text messaging updates, but I missed it. And driving in all day today I miss all the NFL games. The high price of brotherhood.

Old 09-12-2005, 08:47 PM   #21
Senator

This game featured a four hour marathon of penalties. 17 for Tabor, and 11 for KWU. But despite this, the balanced offense of Tabor was enough to put the game away by the third period. A couple of touchdowns by newcomer starters TJ Jackson and Sage Hemmert were a real nice surprise. A kid named Jenkins just flew by the secondary, speed like Tabor has never had, but couldn't catch the passes in his hands. Hopefully, he will get it together because he has some real wheels.

Tabor looked pretty good in all areas, they should have a nice year if they keep it together. Clay's knee is bruised and he told me today he is not going to get an MRI, as it really does not hurt. Looks like he will play in Colorado this Saturday.

I put together a little video. I didn't video much so I apologize.

TABOR VS KWU 9-10-05

Old 09-13-2005, 08:17 AM   #22
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

What position is Clay playing this year? DT, DE? Or does one just say "DL" and leave it at that because that's the nature of the game at this level?

Has the bulking up helped him at all with the opposing O-Linemen this year?
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 10:20 AM   #23
Senator

He really is DT, though some defensive sets have him lined up at end and even falling back as a LB on passing down sometimes.

The jury is still out on whether bulking up will help. He made it through the line pretty quickly Saturday night, but I am wondering if the added weight had anything to do with his knee.

Old 09-13-2005, 06:24 PM   #24
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Brandon, I sincerely wish I could join you at the game this Saturday but my wife and I are going up to Denver for the day and then a Keith Urban concert at Red Rocks. We haven't done something like this in many years and she's really forward to it.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 09:32 PM   #25
Senator

Red Rocks is awesome, have a good time. There is still an outside chance I won't make the flight to Colorado because of work, anyway.

Old 09-16-2005, 06:38 PM   #26
Senator

Webcast versus Colorado College at 2pm CST.

Old 09-17-2005, 05:44 PM   #27
Senator

Victory - 66-30.

CC scored 2 back to back TD's against some 3rd and 4th teamers. Nice win.

2-0.

Old 09-19-2005, 08:44 AM   #28
Buzzbee
College Starter

Thumbs up!! Hopefully this allowed Clay and some of the others to take it easy and keep a little fuel in the tank for later in the year.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:47 AM   #29
Buzzbee
College Starter

Dola - Suggestion: Edit your first post to include a link to the most awesome Living the Dream thread from last year. Late comers shouldn't be cheated from experiencing the beginnings of this tremendous story.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:56 PM   #30
Buzzbee
College Starter

Jonesin' for an update Senator. Hopefully you can bring us up to speed after the weekend.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:51 PM   #31
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trirol
Senator - No updates in a while - hope everything is ok. Just a short update - Tabor is 6-0 over all and 5-0 in conference...just a lil FYI Clay is now number 13, my son's old number from last year --- apparently Clay asked and my boy relented - at least that's my son's version --- Coach Gardner has the team playing well - no close games all have been pretty dominating performances by the team - some will say the Sterling game was close - but not in my opinion - I have only been able to go to 3 games this year, gas prices and work has really made it difficult for me -again i hope all is well

Trirol updated in the other thread. Copying here.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:17 AM   #32
trirol
n00b

Thanks for the re-direct Buzz...
trirol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 08:42 PM   #33
PilotMan
Head Coach

This is a very cool story. How did I miss it? Best of luck, he is giving hope to me, I can't imagine trying this at my age, especially with the kids and family. I know it must be hard for him. Give him my best regards.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 05:51 PM   #34
Senator

For those following this thread, I apologize for not keeping it updated and active. My own personal life has been a whirlwind the past 2 months. My job has had me scooting back and forth to Washington DC and burning the midnight oil.

The Tabor team is playing like they have never played. They are 8-0, just like last year, with two games remaining before the playoffs. The last two weeks have been sluggish victories, and one cannot but remember last year when they were 8-0 and lost in overtime to ruin the perfect regular season. No team has ever won 10 games in the KCAC, and history is right in front of them. This Saturday, they play Friends University, who won 50-27 Saturday, and will be on a mission to ruin the Tabor dream season. If they can win out the next 2 weeks, (they are currently ranked #8 in the NAIA, the first time in school history to be in the top 10) they will draw a team in the playoffs that they might actually compete with. That would be the greatest exclamation point to Clay's career.

As for Clay, he is doing well. His playing time has been cut in half, and he is in rotation, sometimes the starter, sometimes coming in every other series. His health is good, he has some nice stats, and he was named defensive player of the week in the game against Bethany. He misses his wife and kids horribly, but we are almost done, and he can go on to coaching and another chapter in his life. I know I should have been better at making this more of a dynasty and less a summary, but I hope now that you know events have intruded, you will forgive me. And so concludes my 2000th post.

Last edited by Senator : 11-30-2005 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:46 PM   #35
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm just glad with whatever updates you give us. Last year's thread and this thread are my favorite dynasties.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 06:35 PM   #36
Senator

With the 33-22 win over Friends today coupled with the 18-10 win by Sterling over Kansas Wesylen, Tabor goes 9-0 and wins their second KCAC Championship. Two years, two rings on a team that never had one in a hundred years. My brother is the luckiest person I ever met.

Fun with audio:

Sanders Family Shout Out

KCAC BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONS

Old 11-06-2005, 02:11 PM   #37
Emiliano
College Prospect

I just finished to read this. What an amazing story.

Tell your brother that I really admire him; and also congratulations for the back-to-back conference championship!!!
Old 11-06-2005, 02:14 PM   #38
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Three Woots! for Tabor.

So ... who wants to buy the book rights to this story?
Old 11-06-2005, 10:18 PM   #39
trirol
n00b

Senator --- Just got back from the long drive - what a neat ride your bro and my son has been on - two young Texans in totally different spots in their lives, yet has this experience to share for the rest of their lives! - like you said TWO seasons Two Rings! I think my son might think the rest of his life would be this fruitful from here on out ... congrats TABOR

Last edited by trirol : 11-06-2005 at 10:18 PM.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:38 PM   #40
Senator

trirol,

Congrats to your son. He has another 2 years to keep it going. My brother is quite ready I think at this point to say this itch to play has been satisfied, and now it will be off to the coaching ranks somewhere in Texas.

Still need to get a playoff win to make it perfect.

Old 11-12-2005, 06:15 PM   #41
Senator

Week #10 is upon us as Tabor tries for it's first undefeated season in school history. This week is the St. Mary Spires, who have not allowed a touchdown in 12 quarters - 3 games for you math wizards out there. True to form, Tabor wins it 43-8 and goes 10-0 and finishes #6 in the country. (naia country, that is).

What a great year. Clay and the rest of the seniors who are leaving wanted to go out strong. He told me before the game he was leaving nothing in the tank and he played, in my opinion his best game ever at Tabor. Below are a few audio highlights. Also, we wait for tonights release of who we will play in the playoffs. Looking forward to making up for last years drubbing from Sioux Falls.

AUDIO 1
AUDIO 2
AUDIO 3

Old 11-13-2005, 05:58 AM   #42
3ric
College Starter

Man, if they could win the playoffs - what a storybook ending to Clay's playing days. Do they have a shot, or are they going in as underdogs?
Old 11-13-2005, 10:26 AM   #43
Senator

3ric, We are all waiting for the pairings. As you know, 16 teams makes it from the 114 teams in the NAIA and independents. They are ranked but for some reason, financial I have heard, the #1 team does not play #16, so that ranked #6 as we are, we have no idea who we play. Rumors are swirling that we will host a game, but not at Tabor stadium. The NAIA wants a bigger venue, so Tabor is supposed to host it 30 miles away at Cessna Stadium in Wichita, Kansas. The teams rumored to be matched with us are Evangel from Missouri, and the Heart of America Conference. They are 8-2, and a team I think we might match up with here. The other rumor is to play Azusa Pacific from California, and an independent. They are very, very good, and very dangerous. Last year they went all the way to the semi-finals in the playoffs, losing by a touchdown to the eventual national champs. They play the best division II schools and have lost 3 games but early in the season and to higher division schools. If we had to play them, I would not like our chances. These are all guesses, we willl know the matchups here in an hour and half.

Old 11-13-2005, 01:22 PM   #44
Senator

Pikeville College (Ky.) (7-2) at University of St. Francis (Ind.) (10-0), noon (Eastern)
Geneva College (Pa.) (8-3) at Georgetown College (Ky.) (8-2), 1:30 p.m. (Eastern)
University of Sioux Falls (S.D.) (9-1) at St. Xavier University (Ill.) (9-2), noon (Central)
Evangel University (Mo.) (8-2) at McKendree College (Ill.) (8-2), 1 p.m. (Central)
St. Ambrose University (Iowa) (8-2) at Morningside College (Iowa) (10-0), 1 p.m. (Central),
Dickinson State University (N.D.) (7-3) at Carroll College (Mont.) (10-0), 12:05 (Mountain)
Graceland University (Iowa) (9-2) at Tabor College (Kan.) (10-0), 1:30 p.m. (Central) (Cessna Stadium in Wichita, Kan.)
Montana Tech of the University of Montana (8-3) at Azusa Pacific University (Calif.) (6-3), 6 p.m. (Pacific)

Last edited by Senator : 11-13-2005 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:25 PM   #45
Senator

Well, we pulled Graceland. Despite being #6, I think we all agree that whomever we played, we would be in an underdog role. The conference Tabor is in has not won a playoff game in over a decade. What little I know of Graceland is that they have a great offense, run a 5 wide receiver set, and throw, throw, throw. Crap. Not the best of matchups. Maybe our front guys can pressure the QB. Clay and the gang are really going to have their hands full next Saturday.

Old 11-13-2005, 01:39 PM   #46
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator
Dickinson State at Carroll College
Evangel College at McKendree
Sioux Falls at St. Xavier
Pikeville at St. Francis (Ind.)
Montana Tech at Azusa Pacific
St. Ambrose at Morningside
Graceland at Tabor College (at Wichita, KS)
Geneva at Georgetown

Lemme see here ... I know this isn't what they use for seeding but just for curiosity, naiafootball.net media poll would have this as
#17 @ #1
#11 @ #6
#4 @ #7
#12 @ #2
#10 @ #9
#13 @ #3
#14 @ #8
#16 @ #5

(media poll #15 Walsh didn't get an invite)
The real obvious oddity, based on the media poll at least, is sending Sioux Falls on the road in the first round. Is there a stadium issue there or just a big difference in how the media poll vs coaches poll ranks them, or ?

edit to add: After finishing this post I found what I believe is the coaches poll (http://naia.collegesports.com/sports...111305aac.html) which I believe is involved in the invitation process.
It ranks them as:
1)Carroll (hosts #15 Dickinson)
2)St.Francis (hosts #13 Pikeville)
3)Morningside (hosts #14 St.Ambrose)
4)Sioux Falls
5)Georgetown (hosts #16 Geneva)
6)Tabor (hosts #12 Graceland)
7)St. Xavier (hosts #4 Sioux Falls)
8)McKendree (hosts #10 Evangel)
9)Azusa Pac. (hosts #11 Montana Tech)
10)Evangel
11)Montana Tech
12) Graceland
13)Pikeville
14)St.Ambrose
15)Dickinson State
16)Geneva

So, I see the difference that accounts for Geneva instead of Walsh, but Sioux Falls does appear to have gotten hosed a bit in the pairings. Looking them over, I suspect they use a sort of "kinda seeded, kinda regional" approach to the matchups?

And, just to add a little color & flavor to the thread, here's the pic that is on the page announcing the pairings

Ricky Ishida of Tabor College (Kan.) hopes to lead the Bluejays to the KCAC's first playoff win in more than a decade.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:44 PM   #47
Senator

I am guessing that Sioux Falls did not want to plunk down the 24K required to host a game. They are building a huge new stadium and facilities I heard, and I guess they thought they would take their chances on the road. If Tabor wins, I am pretty sure they would not pay for another hosting this year.

I have heard that Sioux Falls feels good about any team they would play in round 1. They are banking on winning round 1 and then paying for the hosting.

Clay is already at the field house watching film.

Last edited by Senator : 11-13-2005 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:44 AM   #48
trirol
n00b

another long drive! but well worth the hassle! Clay had a monster game! so at least one more game for Clay and the Jays this season, this time at Cessna Stadium against a Graceland team that supposedly has a SCARY passing game - has a 5-wide set that is lethal! Plano to Wichita is a shorter drive than to Hillsboro --- I know my bones welcome the shorter drive --- Go JAYS!
Old 11-14-2005, 10:06 AM   #49
Senator

A preview from someone in the other conference:

Graceland lost those two games because of turnovers.
Anytime you put your defense in bad situations, you're going to lose.

Secondly, Butler can't hold DeDe Dorsey or Demetric Phillips's jocks. Sorry dudes, but it's the truth.

Thirdly, (Is that a word?) anyway, Lindenwood, Evangel, MNU, Valley, William Jewell, Benedictine, and SOuthern Nazarene are all better football teams than any team Tabor has faced all season long. I think it's futile to compare what Tabor can do by looking at Lindenwood and Evangel. Evangel should be 11-0 and Lindenwood simply choked against Culver and Olivet Nazarene, otherwise they would be 10-1. Those two squad are clearly more talented than Evangel and better football teams.

HAAC schools have won 11 out of the last 12 matchups with KCAC schools. The last time a KCAC team beat a HAAC school was in 2002 when Kansas Wesleyan beat an 0-11 Graceland squad.

Doppelganger, it is absolutely futile to believe Tabor can establish any kind of running game or that they will shut down G-land's offense.
The only way Tabor wins this game is if Graceland pisses down their leg and turns the football over three or four times.

Other than that, this game is a mismatch.

You could make a great argument that Graceland's offense is actually more talented than Sioux Falls.

Their o-line is gigantic and talented with transfers from Missouri Southern and South Dakota. It's 6'4 300 across the board and it seriously looks and plays like D-II offensive line.
Clayton Braddock has passed for 2,500 yards with 25 TD's and 6 Int's, and he's been sacked all of 9 times.
Braddock was 1st Team All State in Texas 5A back in 2002 out of Grand Prairie, TX.
Wideout Anthony Ferguson has D-I ability and D-I speed. He's caught 65 balls for 1,046 yards and 14 TD's. He will be a mismatch for any DB of Tabor. GU's other receivers are big, fast, and more athletic than any wideouts in the KCAC.
GU's tight end is Eric Boatwright, a 6'5 255 lb. transfer from Boston College, where he played quarterback.
GU will also use their backup QB, Geary Davenport in the backfield, at QB, and at WR. Davenport can run and pass. He'll run the QB counter or the Speed Option out of the shotgun, and when he throws the football it's usually on a trick play.

Defensively, Graceland is very strong and quick. Just out of curiosity, when is 107 yards rushing per game considered a big amount? I do think a playoff team will run on the Jackets, and that will eventually lead to their downfall in the playoffs. However, Tabor will not run on them at all.
The best run defense in the KCAC is Ottawa. I know what kind of front seven they have, Graceland's D-Line and Linebackers are far superior to Ottawa's d-line.
Butler ran for 70 odd yards against OU, he will have less success against the Jackets.
GU's d-line with Ron Strozyk, a transfer from Eastern Washington, Dominique Randle El, Antwan's cousin at 6'1 300lbs, and Wayne Johnson a 6'5 260 lb. D-end will give Tabor's o-line their toughest matchup of the season.
GU's linebackers are fast and physical led by Nathan Bennett and Manny Espinoza. Their DB's will support the run extremely well and they're a lot bigger than your average KCAC DB.

I'm not trying to talk trash or rag on Tabor, but trust me, this is a bad matchup.

Gardner must put together his best gameplan ever. He also must force Graceland to turn the football over.

Key's for Tabor:

1. Force turnovers
2. Avoid the big play- GU goes for knockout punches, and home runs all of the time
3. Avoid an early deficit- this one goes hand in hand with #2
4. Use the playoff experience to your advantage- Tabor has been there twice, GU hasn't been there at all. That does give Tabor a slight advantage.
5. Avoid turnovers- Tabor has to finish atleast +4 to win this game.

Old 11-14-2005, 04:45 PM   #50
Izulde
Head Coach

It'd be damn incredible if Tabor could pull off the upset.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote