Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-20-2019, 08:03 AM   #19051
QuikSand
lolzcat

QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:06 AM   #19052
JediKooter
Coordinator

Is it me or is it maybe a generational thing...but, I have an almost 22 year old step son that does literally nothing, but, play video games. No job, doesn't help around the house unless asked/told, doesn't pay for anything. However, he posts on facebook about how life is fucking him. I met him and his mom when he was 18, he LITERALLY is doing nothing different from the first day I met him.

I...just...can't hold it in much longer and about to snap on the dude (verbally).

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:16 AM   #19053
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Is it me or is it maybe a generational thing...but, I have an almost 22 year old step son that does literally nothing, but, play video games. No job, doesn't help around the house unless asked/told, doesn't pay for anything. However, he posts on facebook about how life is fucking him. I met him and his mom when he was 18, he LITERALLY is doing nothing different from the first day I met him.

I...just...can't hold it in much longer and about to snap on the dude (verbally).

I think every generation has that population of kids that lack motivation to do much.

Not a counselor but would suggest you definitely speak to wife and coordinate with her before you snap at him.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:21 AM   #19054
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I think every generation has that population of kids that lack motivation to do much.

Not a counselor but would suggest you definitely speak to wife and coordinate with her before you snap at him.

It's funny (in the ironic sense) that you bring up counselor. I actually want her to have him go to one. He's got a lot of anger issues, but, he is also very manipulative in that he will say what you want to hear. However I don't fall for it. I tried explaining to him that he can say or talk all he wants but what matters is his actions, so don't bullshit me because those checks will eventually have to be cashed.

I'm with you though, I do need to talk to my wife and get on the same page with her and try and come up with a game plan. I don't want a 30 year old living in my house because they are lazy.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 11-20-2019, 09:28 AM   #19055
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I have you tried your Jedi Mind Tricks yet?

"You will take out the trash"

"You will look for a job today"

"You will bring me a beer"
Old 11-20-2019, 09:40 AM   #19056
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I have you tried your Jedi Mind Tricks yet?

"You will take out the trash"

"You will look for a job today"

"You will bring me a beer"

Haha! I would love it if it did. He's like Watto, the mind tricks won't work on him unfortunately. It's a bummer too, the dude isn't stupid, just incredibly lazy.

Old 11-20-2019, 09:44 AM   #19057
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm with you though, I do need to talk to my wife and get on the same page with her and try and come up with a game plan. I don't want a 30 year old living in my house because they are lazy.

Yup, my worst (and yours also) nightmare

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-20-2019 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-20-2019, 09:53 AM   #19058
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Yup, my worst (and yours also) nightmare

A nightmare for sure. I remember I couldn't wait to move out. Not because I didn't get along with my parents, I just wanted to do my own thing and have my own stuff.

Old 11-20-2019, 11:27 AM   #19059
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's funny (in the ironic sense) that you bring up counselor. I actually want her to have him go to one. He's got a lot of anger issues, but, he is also very manipulative in that he will say what you want to hear. However I don't fall for it. I tried explaining to him that he can say or talk all he wants but what matters is his actions, so don't bullshit me because those checks will eventually have to be cashed.

My Facebook is littered with people like that. I get anxiety, depression, mental illness. I’m sympathetic.

I don’t think it’s an unreasonable ask for you to force him to to seek treatment.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 11:52 AM   #19060
PilotMan
Head Coach

So you have a grown, if not for you he'd be homeless, man living in your house playing video games all day?

I don't know his mother, but is there a chance that you could point out that he doesn't have to be living there? He's a grownup, is there a chance that you could try and get him to empathize with your situation? By that I mean, would he want to be responsible for a close friend who lived in his house who didn't add to it? Not even solely financially speaking, but add to it with his presence, interaction, and what positivity he can muster.

In the end, he's a grownup, and unless he has some disability that you don't know about, or maybe even, he doesn't know about, you really don't owe him anything. You gotta have that conversation with your partner though, because if you don't agree or have a strong unified front, it'll never amount to anything productive.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 11:58 AM   #19061
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
My Facebook is littered with people like that. I get anxiety, depression, mental illness. I’m sympathetic.

I don’t think it’s an unreasonable ask for you to force him to to seek treatment.

I've got a few on mine as well that are like that. It can be exhausting trying to deal with them and, not trying sound like a jerk, but, sometimes I wonder with some of them, it's just them being needy.

I really just want to straight up tell him and my wife that if it's affecting him this much, we can put him in a treatment facility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
So you have a grown, if not for you he'd be homeless, man living in your house playing video games all day?

I don't know his mother, but is there a chance that you could point out that he doesn't have to be living there? He's a grownup, is there a chance that you could try and get him to empathize with your situation? By that I mean, would he want to be responsible for a close friend who lived in his house who didn't add to it? Not even solely financially speaking, but add to it with his presence, interaction, and what positivity he can muster.

In the end, he's a grownup, and unless he has some disability that you don't know about, or maybe even, he doesn't know about, you really don't owe him anything. You gotta have that conversation with your partner though, because if you don't agree or have a strong unified front, it'll never amount to anything productive.

Definitely grown up age wise, definitely not maturity wise. It's like I'm dealing with a 12 year old trapped in a almost 22 year olds body.

To be honest and I love her to death, but my wife is part of the problem and she has admitted to it as well. You and I are on the same wavelength on trying to get him to understand the situation. Ok, you don't work, but, there's other ways to make yourself useful that don't involve money. You can take out the garbage, do the dishes, clean the bathroom, things like that. Just contribute in some way.

I totally agree with you, don't owe him a thing. That conversation is going to have to happen fairly soon haha! We are looking for a new house to move to and what is being accepted now in our current place will not be accepted in the new place. And I say that because I moved in with them and that was their dynamic, but, a new place in my opinion negates that dynamic.

Last edited by JediKooter : 11-20-2019 at 12:07 PM.
Old 11-20-2019, 05:12 PM   #19062
AlexB
Pro Starter

I honestly don’t remember feeling quite so comfortable with life for a long time, the last couple of weeks have been unremarkably good, everything seems nicely in balance.

It’ll change, but I’m enjoying the moment, and the realisation.
AlexB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 06:13 PM   #19063
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
My genius company has implemented a tiered system of insurance next year. So you pay more based upon what salary band in. And of course, it's not a flat cutoff, no scaling or anything.

So ...

1) People at the bottom edge of a salary band get good and fucked.

2) God help you if you're on the cusp, and get a raise that bumps you into the next tier. You'd actually get a raise and be paid quite a bit less.

I don't imagine Australia is unique in this regard, but we have a few areas that are similar to this. Obviously the tax brackets (although they are fewer and further apart than they were a decade ago), but the big one for me right now is daycare, where combined income determines how much the government covers for you.

We currently get half of our daycare refunded (ends up around $60AUD per day attended), but if my wife goes back to work fulltime, we will be awful close to getting next to nothing refunded, which makes it a bit of a complicated decision.
Old 11-20-2019, 09:42 PM   #19064
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Tbf, for Costco they aren't checking to see if you are stealing; they are checking to see if you've been overcharged by the cashiers:

Why Does Costco Check Receipts When People Leave the Store?

Former Costco Employee Responds To Man Who Refuses To Show Membership Card Or Have Receipt Checked – Consumerist

And with Costco, unlike Walmart, showing your receipt is part of your membership requirement.

Appears to be correct (not that I doubted it). Was there today and bought Pokemon sword and shield for my son for Xmas. You had to bring the cardboard ticket to customer service and get the game. As the guy was checking my receipt he did a double take then started looking through my cart. When I asked him what he was looking for he told me he was just making sure I had picked the game up.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 06:27 AM   #19065
Edward64
Head Coach

Don't think I like how Telsa's truck look but its supposedly bulletproof (well maybe not this demo model) and would have to seriously consider it for the zombie apocalypse.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/22/tesl...etal-ball.html
Quote:
This was after the executive had already taken a sledgehammer to the side of the truck, striking it multiple times without leaving a scratch.

“We threw wrenches, we threw everything even literally the kitchen sink at the glass and it didn’t break. For some weird reason, it broke now,” Musk said, drawing laughs. “I don’t know why. We will fix it in post.”

It’s not clear whether the windows were supposed to shatter in the way that they did. But it’s apparent that Musk wasn’t expecting it, judging from his reaction.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:41 AM   #19066
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Don't think I like how Telsa's truck look but its supposedly bulletproof (well maybe not this demo model) and would have to seriously consider it for the zombie apocalypse.

Good one Musk,

Now what does the truck actually look like?
Old 11-22-2019, 09:50 AM   #19067
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

really like the tailgate ramp. that will be a game changer for me if conventional truck makers follow suit. I cant tell you how many times I pull my small trailer with an empty bed because I dint want to screw with ramps for my ATV or dingo (walk behind trencher) of course ramp capacity will be key.

And electric really is perfect for trucks since you have full torque without rpm/wheel speed. I just wonder when we will get batteries big enough to make it useful. Just yesterday I drove (and pulled a trailer) 280 miles unloaded a piece of equipment did 45 minutes worth of work, loaded up and came straight back. Charging isnt facilitated in that environment and I think we are a ways away from a 600 mile battery
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 09:53 AM   #19068
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That's generally how bulletproof windows work, IIRC. They distribute the impact without shattering.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:55 AM   #19069
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Appears to be correct (not that I doubted it). Was there today and bought Pokemon sword and shield for my son for Xmas. You had to bring the cardboard ticket to customer service and get the game. As the guy was checking my receipt he did a double take then started looking through my cart. When I asked him what he was looking for he told me he was just making sure I had picked the game up.

That sort of thing really makes one not care as much when waiting in a line to get your reciept checked. Good for that receipt checker.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:41 AM   #19070
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
That sort of thing really makes one not care as much when waiting in a line to get your reciept checked. Good for that receipt checker.

or they are really checking for theft and are trained to tell you otherwise to promote the appearance of good CS...either way it works
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 05:14 PM   #19071
Edward64
Head Coach

This falls under "wait, I don't understand it or the implications ... but it is cool"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/22/world...rnd/index.html
Quote:
Scientists at the Institute for Nuclear Research at the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (Atomki) have posted findings showing what could be an example of that fifth force at work.

The scientists were closely watching how an excited helium atom emitted light as it decayed. The particles split at an unusual angle -- 115 degrees -- which couldn't be explained by known physics.

The study's lead scientist, Attila Krasznahorkay, told CNN that this was the second time his team had detected a new particle, which they call X17, because they calculated its mass at 17 megaelectronvolts.
Old 11-24-2019, 08:33 AM   #19072
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I am sure there is a number of blind people in this country, and maybe a larger percentage of them have a problem with keeping their sleeping patterns straight. Yet, how much do they have to be charging for that medication to run ads for it 24/7 on tv and radio to justify that size advertising budget?
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 12:24 PM   #19073
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

And now we know ...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/25/cars/...oke/index.html
Quote:
Ordinarily, glass shattering after being hit with a steel ball would not be surprising, but Tesla (TSLA) workers had just gone through a lengthy demonstration dropping steel balls down a long vertical shaft onto a piece of Tesla's new window glass to prove there was no effect. Then, when Tesla designer Franz von Holzhausen came on stage and threw a ball at the driver's side window of the truck on stage, a spiderweb of cracks appeared.

When von Holzhausen threw the ball at the rear side window, the same thing happened. Musk spent the rest of the presentation standing in front of the Cybertruck with its two smashed windows.
:
On Sunday night, Musk offered an explanation. Shortly before von Holzhausen threw the steel ball at the windows, he had hit the truck's door with a big sledgehammer. That was to demonstrate the strength of the truck's body panels. But the impact from the blows of the sledgehammer had also slightly damaged the glass, Musk said.

"Sledgehammer impact on door cracked base of glass, which is why steel ball didn't bounce off," Musk tweeted. "Should have done steel ball on window, *then* sledgehammer the door. Next time ..."

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-25-2019 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-25-2019, 01:51 PM   #19074
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Note to self: if attempting to shoot person in a Tesla truck, make sure to hit door panel with sledgehammer first.
how do you know?

Last edited by CraigSca : 11-25-2019 at 01:51 PM.
CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 10:16 PM   #19075
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I know this is some Sciency thingy, but the title has me laughing (and its in 4k)

What Would You See If You Fell Into Uranus? (4K UHD) - YouTube
Old 12-02-2019, 01:58 PM   #19076
RainMaker
General Manager

That new Peloton commercial is absurd. The woman looks exactly the same after a year. She's also incredibly hot.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 02:21 PM   #19077
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
That new Peloton commercial is absurd. The woman looks exactly the same after a year. She's also incredibly hot.

And you watch it every single time.

Like Steam?

Old 12-02-2019, 02:42 PM   #19078
molson
General Manager

Nothing says class more than buying the giant free-refill tub of popcorn at the movies and then filling it up again on our way out the door and to you car.

I saw a couple of people doing that yesterday. They're eating another giant tub of popcorn when they get home?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 03:19 PM   #19079
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Nothing says class more than buying the giant free-refill tub of popcorn at the movies and then filling it up again on our way out the door and to you car.

I saw a couple of people doing that yesterday. They're eating another giant tub of popcorn when they get home?

I worked at a movie theater when I was 16-17. People would relatively often stop by just to buy popcorn. It isn't that uncommon.
Old 12-02-2019, 04:09 PM   #19080
cuervo72
Head Coach

Popcorn and soda are so outrageously priced at movie theatres; if I want a damn refill, I don't care if it's on my way out the door.
Old 12-02-2019, 04:26 PM   #19081
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Prepare for fucked up.

This past friday, my godfather apparently walked into the mental health center his (very mentally ill) wife was staying ... shot her, and shot himself.

What In The Fuck. Well, I guess now I'm slightly more connected to the "Crazy shit you read about but never really connect with." I can only guess the constant stress of trying to care for aforementioned insane wife just got to him? Wow.

We hadn't really kept in touch all that well, so it's just more in a state of "...whaaaat?" than anything. Just worried about my dad, since those two were close friends for a long, long time.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:36 PM   #19082
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Popcorn and soda are so outrageously priced at movie theatres; if I want a damn refill, I don't care if it's on my way out the door.

Eating Approximately 3,000 calories of popcorn over a few hours is one way to stick it to the man, I guess.

(Calorie count based on two Regal large popcorn tubs with butter)

Last edited by molson : 12-02-2019 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:36 PM   #19083
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
And you watch it every single time.

Of course! I mean from an advertising standpoint, it's been brilliant.

I still find it funny when she's talking to herself and saying "I'm nervous" before her first ride. Like why would you be nervous to ride a stationary bike?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 06:51 PM   #19084
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Eating Approximately 3,000 calories of popcorn over a few hours is one way to stick it to the man, I guess.

(Calorie count based on two Regal large popcorn tubs with butter)

I have been known to eat day-old popcorn.

Honestly though, I make it to the theater once a year, if even that. Just not worth it to me as far as price to enjoyment of movies goes. But, I do like movie popcorn.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:55 PM   #19085
tarcone
Coordinator

A couple guys I work with have a text thread. We dont use it a lot. I sent one tonight about the Reds. The previous text of mine was telling them about a dudes t-shirt in Wal-mart in Ocala, FL, it said "Pussy, the most expensive meal you will ever eat."

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 07:56 PM   #19086
21C
College Prospect

I tripped as I was walking up some stairs at work. No major issue except for dropping my laptop and glasses from a short height but I pulled my hamstring in the process. I have no idea how that is even possible but it is a day later and still hurts like crazy.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:58 PM   #19087
21C
College Prospect

Quote:
Prepare for fucked up.

This past friday, my godfather apparently walked into the mental health center his (very mentally ill) wife was staying ... shot her, and shot himself.

What In The Fuck. Well, I guess now I'm slightly more connected to the "Crazy shit you read about but never really connect with." I can only guess the constant stress of trying to care for aforementioned insane wife just got to him? Wow.

We hadn't really kept in touch all that well, so it's just more in a state of "...whaaaat?" than anything. Just worried about my dad, since those two were close friends for a long, long time.
Sorry to hear that. I hope that they didn't have any kids to have to deal with it.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:05 PM   #19088
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

OH DEAR GOD NO

US may face French fry shortage due to poor potato crop: report | TheHill
Old 12-03-2019, 10:31 AM   #19089
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Prepare for fucked up.

Oh man, sorry to hear this, CW.

Old 12-03-2019, 10:43 AM   #19090
JediKooter
Coordinator

So a addendum to regarding my step son.

He's been playing the latest Call of Duty and gets super pissed/raged when he gets killed by another player. Rage to the point he will break his controller from throwing it/slamming it down. Welp, in one of his fits of rage, controller...meets my TV (my spare that I let him borrow a couple of years ago). TV screen obliterated.

Ok, fine, I'm mad, but, let's see how he handles it. I don't say a word to him about it over the thanksgiving weekend. I want to see if he mans up and comes to me and tells me about it. Not a peep. Then on saturday, I see him go out the front door and then come back about a minute later with a computer monitor. Nice to see he solved HIS problem of not having a working TV. Still hasn't said anything to me about MY TV and how he plans to remedy the problem. Fine.

I cut off the internet to his room.

Low and behold, last night, he FINALLY comes to me about my TV. Says that he was afraid to come talk to me because he didn't want to get yelled at. I asked him, when was the last time I yelled at him. Never. That's how long it's been since I've yelled at him. I told him, yes, I was upset about my TV, but, I'm more upset that he didn't come to me and tell me about it and how disrespectful it was that he went and solved his problem before he either solved mine or told me his plan on how he was going to solve mine. I said, either way, I'm still out a TV, but, yet you get to continue playing your playstation like nothing happened.

I think he finally got the message.

He still doesn't have internet to his room and won't until he comes to me with a game plan on how he's going to solve the issue of breaking my TV.

Old 12-03-2019, 11:01 AM   #19091
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Of course! I mean from an advertising standpoint, it's been brilliant.

I still find it funny when she's talking to herself and saying "I'm nervous" before her first ride. Like why would you be nervous to ride a stationary bike?

There's layers to this.

Peloton's perplexing new holiday ad has incensed the internet

Last edited by molson : 12-03-2019 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:41 AM   #19092
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Your link doesn't work (at least for me). Take off the "/index.htm" at the end.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:16 PM   #19093
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

This is so stupid. Newsflash, there are people out there with money, who stay in shape and live in beautiful houses with big windows. There are also women who want one of there, my wife actually mentioned getting one to the point I considered one for Xmas.

Also, slim doesn't mean in shape. 2 very different things.

This strikes me as a bunch of people too poor to afford one and are pissed of at who the company markets its product towards.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:18 PM   #19094
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
So a addendum to regarding my step son.

He's been playing the latest Call of Duty and gets super pissed/raged when he gets killed by another player. Rage to the point he will break his controller from throwing it/slamming it down. Welp, in one of his fits of rage, controller...meets my TV (my spare that I let him borrow a couple of years ago). TV screen obliterated.

Ok, fine, I'm mad, but, let's see how he handles it. I don't say a word to him about it over the thanksgiving weekend. I want to see if he mans up and comes to me and tells me about it. Not a peep. Then on saturday, I see him go out the front door and then come back about a minute later with a computer monitor. Nice to see he solved HIS problem of not having a working TV. Still hasn't said anything to me about MY TV and how he plans to remedy the problem. Fine.

I cut off the internet to his room.

Low and behold, last night, he FINALLY comes to me about my TV. Says that he was afraid to come talk to me because he didn't want to get yelled at. I asked him, when was the last time I yelled at him. Never. That's how long it's been since I've yelled at him. I told him, yes, I was upset about my TV, but, I'm more upset that he didn't come to me and tell me about it and how disrespectful it was that he went and solved his problem before he either solved mine or told me his plan on how he was going to solve mine. I said, either way, I'm still out a TV, but, yet you get to continue playing your playstation like nothing happened.

I think he finally got the message.

He still doesn't have internet to his room and won't until he comes to me with a game plan on how he's going to solve the issue of breaking my TV.

Sounds like he needs some help. Seems abnormal to me that a 22 year old would get so upset about a game. Also seems weird he would be worried about getting yelled at. I think I stopped being worried I would get yelled at by the time I was 15.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:28 PM   #19095
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
This is so stupid. Newsflash, there are people out there with money, who stay in shape and live in beautiful houses with big windows. There are also women who want one of there, my wife actually mentioned getting one to the point I considered one for Xmas.

This strikes me as a bunch of people too poor to afford one and are pissed of at who the company markets its product towards.

It is the way the world works today. Everyone needs something to be bothered by, something to criticize someone else for.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:29 PM   #19096
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Your link doesn't work (at least for me). Take off the "/index.htm" at the end.

Hopefully it works now
Old 12-03-2019, 12:39 PM   #19097
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

Let's play a thought game. How does Peloton market only to poorer, out of shape people? That's the only group they are allowed to market to. What sort of campaign do they have?

Like Steam?

Old 12-03-2019, 12:53 PM   #19098
Critch
lolzcat

I'm more offended by the Geico ad with the Whitesnake song. What kind of dickhead rips off his wedding vows from a Whitesnake song, especially one where the lyrics are "here I go again on my own".

It's stupid, even by Geico ad standards.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:57 PM   #19099
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Sounds like he needs some help. Seems abnormal to me that a 22 year old would get so upset about a game. Also seems weird he would be worried about getting yelled at. I think I stopped being worried I would get yelled at by the time I was 15.

I honestly think he does need some help. I told him that his mom and I are there to support him and help him in any way we can, but, we can't force him. I do know there has been some messed up stuff with my wife's past relationships and him. I don't fully know the details though and I told him when he's ready to tell me about it, he will tell me about it. Oh same here, lost that fear long before I was out of high school haha!

We had a long talk, about an hour. Just don't know if any of it sunk in or was in one ear and out the other. Time will tell though.

Old 12-03-2019, 01:05 PM   #19100
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Let's play a thought game. How does Peloton market only to poorer, out of shape people? That's the only group they are allowed to market to. What sort of campaign do they have?

Why would they market to people who they have zero chance of selling their product to?