Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-27-2004, 03:38 AM   #1
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

FBCB: Dancing in my first season!!!

After an 0-5 start, my Wright State Raiders will be dancing in my first season as head coach!!! OH MY!!! So yeah, I'm quite excited. I've been playing this game for 2.5 hours straight. I think FBCB liked it when I updated to XP, because I was 0-5 on Windows 98, and I'm 19-7 on WinXP

2002-2003:
Horizon League Co-Regular Season Champs
Horizon League Tournament Champs
19-12 (12-4) Record
Will host Lafayette in the Play-in (!!!) Game

I'm quite disappointed being awarded a #16 seed. My record is only a few games worse than the other 16 seeds, yet I play the only team in the tourney with a losing record. My RPI is 128, which is the 2nd best of the 16th seeds (best is like 125). Is it typical for FBCB to favor record over RPI? I'm sure it's a combination of the two, but I'm wondering what you guys have noticed.

It's 4:40 AM and I think I should sleep and savor my tournament dance. I think I SHOULD win in the play-in game (which, coincidentally, is just 30 minutes from Wright State's campus...so the fan support should be overwhelming ). The first round game is against Arizona. They really suck, cuz they lost two games in a row!...At the beginning of the season!...To Maryland and Kansas!...Two of the other #1 seeds...I'M IN FOR A FUN RIDE!!!

GO RAIDERS!!! If my defense can hold up, I think we could give AZ a slight run. My D is in the bottom-75 though. But my offense is really good, along with my rebounding and FT shooting. I don't think that will be enough this year. We're not losing too many guys (starting PG and some backups), so I think next year we could try this again.

Any FBCB thoughts/stories welcome!!!

Edit: I couldn't wait til the morning to sim...and I got WHOOPED by Lafayette!!! 80-57. Ouch bigtime. Our "great" offense didn't even show up. Nobody stepped up in the biggest game of their lives, and it showed. Ah well, still a great season for my Raiders. I blame my opponents' shooting 7/10 from downtown and their ONE turnover of the game! Other than that, it was all even. I'll get revenge on you Lafayette guys!!!

Double edit: #16 seeded Lafayette...with their amazing 13-18 regular season record UPSET #1 SEEDED ARIZONA!!! 74-73 was the final score. They were down 7 at the half, but hit a late shot for the win. Unbelievable. They were 0-7 from downtown and AZ didn't go to the FT line ALL GAME! U of L was 26-31 from the line. They played a clean game, even though they were seriously outmanned, and pulled it out in the end. Wild wild wild stuff. That coulda been me if I coulda just beat the damn Lafayette Wildcats (or whatever the hell they are)

Last edited by kingnebwsu : 03-27-2004 at 03:58 AM.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 06:46 AM   #2
rjolley
College Starter

Congrats on the bid, and sorry about the loss.

FBCB is one place where th imposssible can happen...#16's beating #1's happens from time to time.

I've never paid attention to who gets the #1 seed and the play-in game. I'll try to remember over the next couple of seasons.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 10:55 AM   #3
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Similar, but depressing story. I have built my Cornell team into an Ivy league contender in about 5 seasons, and after winning the league title 5 seasons in, I go 26-5 next year and win again. I lose in the NCAA tournament, but who cares, I've got some good young talent and am on a roll!

So what happens? Run-time error 9, bringing me back to the start of the season. Still haven't fired up FBCB, but will soon.
Old 03-27-2004, 02:13 PM   #4
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
Similar, but depressing story. I have built my Cornell team into an Ivy league contender in about 5 seasons, and after winning the league title 5 seasons in, I go 26-5 next year and win again. I lose in the NCAA tournament, but who cares, I've got some good young talent and am on a roll!

So what happens? Run-time error 9, bringing me back to the start of the season. Still haven't fired up FBCB, but will soon.

Redownload the beta patch. There was a problem near the end of the season that caused that error.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 02:20 PM   #5
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Yea' I did that - I saw that it had been fixed, from looking at the list of changes.

Just gave myself a much-needed break from that frustration.