Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-12-2006, 11:33 PM   #1
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Fantasy Football Week 1: How did your team do?

I figured I'd make a general fantasy football thread for people to brag/moan about their team's performance. A lot of players will be talking about the FOFC Yahoo league, but I unfortunately wasn't in that...so I'm in a general Yahoo league. Feel free to talk about any online/real life league you're in.

My team's awesome week 1 performance: 26 points, 10th/10 in points!

Trent Green: 0 pts
Chad Johnson: 2 pts
Rod Smith: 1 pt
Eddie Kennison: 0 pts
Rudi Johnson: 10 pts
Reggie Bush: 5 pts
Dallas Clark: 7 pts
Janikowski: 0 pts
TB DEF: 1 pt

Projected to get 64 pts and we get 26. Nice. My team got TWO total TD's in week one. I made the mistake of benching Hines Ward cuz I thought Miami would play well and Batch would struggle...oops. I'm scared of TB's offense and I still don't believe in Baltimore, so I traded in Tampa Bay's D for Cincy's D. I figure Cincy's D will at least be on the field less and will force more TO's. Drew Brees will start a few weeks for me since Trent Green got hurt. Hopefully Green will be back soon, cuz I was expecting a solid season out of him.

Overall, pretty much my whole team underperformed. It's tough to not have a knee-jerk reaction to the results, but I'm going to hold tight and see how next week goes.

My lineup for week 2 will be:

Drew Brees*** (Green benched)
Chad Johnson
Rod Smith
Hines Ward*** (Kennison benched)
Rudi Johnson
Reggie Bush
Dallas Clark
Janikowski
CIN DEF*** (Dropped TB DEF)

I think I have at least a .500 team, but I can't expect to win anything with only two offensive TD's in any week. Reggie Bush was fantastic in his debut. If only he had a TD it woulda been perfect The league average was 51.8 points for week 1, so hopefully I can at least hit that (or hopefully 60+). My opponent had 43 points and a TIE (!?!) in week 1. His team looks average to me...but then again, I only had 26 points in week 1 We'll see how it goes...

kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 11:44 PM   #2
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

i lost. by 2 points. to my fiance. who has jeff wilkins ( 6 field goals) heath miller ( the TD that wasn't) and baltimores def ( shutout on the road). Mt team had enough point to win any other game.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 02:21 AM   #3
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

I got my assed handed to me by last year's worst team...not to mention I was the worst scoring team...even if I had fielded my best possible team, in hindsight, I still would've finished last.

Brady - 11pts (argh!!)
C. Taylor - 19pts (very promising)
Deuce - 9pts (couldn't punch it in to save his job...great)
Julius - 17pts (very happy with his day...hope he can keep it up)
Horn - 2pts (had Moulds on the bench...figured Carr wouldn't have much success against that new D-Line in Philly and a healthy secondary)
Lee Evans - 2pts (my other option was Porter...yikes)
Cooley - 0pts (#&$%*!!!!!)
Janikowski - 0pts (figured he'd have a big game because Brooks would struggle to get it into the endzone...BIG assumption...will start Hanson next week)
TB Defense - 1pt (Couldn't sack McNair more than once???)

I expected more out of Brady, for sure, and I'm sure he'll do better. Deuce, well, I figured he'd have about 70 yards or so but with a TD...and now after Bush's performance, I'm expecting his touches to drop dramatically sooner than expected...sweet. Jones and Taylor are right where I would expect them to be and it would be great to get the same out of them week in and week out. Would be nice to see them hit 20+pts from time to time, though. Receivers...yikes, I'm in big trouble. Horn and Evans were a big disappointment...but, they can only get better, right?? I hope. Cooley...I think he was thrown to 3-4 times...what the ???? That better change.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 02:34 AM   #4
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

D. McNabb 29.26 - Great start
A. Boldin 12.20 - If only he can keep it up
J. Horn 2.50 - On the bench next week (E. Moulds gets ready to play)
C. Williams 4.70 - Auugghhh
R. Bush 11.90 - Gambel paid off
V. Davis 7.70 - Not bad for a rookie with SFO
J. Feely 3.00 - Nothing special
Chicago 19.00 - yes!
Total 90.26 - Got the W
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:11 AM   #5
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Things couldn't be better. In one league I had Jake Plummer, Shaun Alexander, Cedrick Wilson and Mark Clayton combined for -1.9 points. In the other league, I did win, but I'm seriously questioning my wide receiver matchup platoon strategy...
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 05:03 AM   #6
mrsimperless
College Prospect

I don't think I scored 1 TD from a starter. Baltimore's defense single-handedly gave me the win with 25 points.

QB M. Hasselbeck 4
WR C. Chambers 2
WR A. Johnson 5
WR Ma. Jones 3
RB S. Jackson 6
RB L. Jordan 1
TE B. Watson 2
K J. Elam 5
DEF Baltimore 25
Total 53
Old 09-13-2006, 06:23 AM   #7
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I won in both my leagues - can't complain so far!

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:35 AM   #8
Terps
College Prospect

Peyton Manning - 15 points
Randy Moss - 4 points
Darrell Jackson - 4 points
Ronnie Brown - 18 points
Frank Gore - 26 points
Tony Gonzalez - 14 points
Laveranues Coles - 15 points
Jay Feely - 3 points
Tampa D - 1 point

Won 100-86. 2nd highest points in my league. I play the worst scoring team from Week 1 this week.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:38 AM   #9
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

It will be interesting to follow Frank Gore this season. Can he actually run the ball or was it only because they played the Cardinals.
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:00 AM   #10
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwood_DK View Post
It will be interesting to follow Frank Gore this season. Can he actually run the ball or was it only because they played the Cardinals.

We'll find out soon enough. He will be starting for me this week in place of Lamont Jordan. Wow but that Raiders team looks bad. Not to mention I read somewhere that Jerry Porter was pumping his fist and cheering after one of Aaron Brooks' sacks. Oh, and Randy Moss is a team captain. Holy hell.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:11 AM   #11
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

I went 2-2. I won in my only pay league thanks to Gore 97-73, and won in the FOFC Yahoo league, thanks to Gore again. I got trounced in the FOFC Keeper league 132.5-78. I really got bludgeoned in my other keeper league 184-87. he had one player who DIDN'T get double digits (R.Wayne). I just got anally reamed in that game. The benching of McNabb for Palmer cost me 47 points but that still wouldn't have done me any good.

In the FOFC High/Low league, I got 23 points, and I think I am in the top 5 there. In Sab's pickem league I finished with 45 points and in the top 5. In the two survivor pools I am in, the Yahoo FOFC one, I survived with a Chicago pick. And the huge one I am doing with 5,500 people, which costs $50/entry and my dad and I split 7 entries on, we had 6 out of our 7 entries make it another week.

I love football.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:16 AM   #12
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I'm not playing this season.

But I did have to draft a team for my brother (he was unavailable). I thought I drafted a sucky team, but it stomped his opponent, and got high for the week.

Thanks Oakland for a porous offensive line, my last pick of the draft (San Diego Defense/ST) thanks you!
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:40 AM   #13
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'm not playing this year either, but I find all the different scoring systems interesting. In one league, 100 might be a difficult number to reach, and in other leagues, it might be an average score. I was getting so many league invitations from friends and former co-workers that I just had to get out. There are too many systems for me to keep up with in my (seemingly) rapidly advancing age.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:55 AM   #14
DolphinFan1
College Benchwarmer

I won 59 to 20.

Interesting to note that the guy I beat wants to make a trade. Here's the proposed trade.

I get: B. Leftwich and Clinton Portis

He gets: D. NcNabb.

That would leave me with either Leftwich or Jake Plummer as my starting QB.
Should I take this trade or not?

I am on a quest to show that the Dolphins can win the Super Bowl. Or should I say Front Office Bowl, with FOF2K7.

The revival of an old favorite, FOFC Wrestling Dynasty
DolphinFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:23 AM   #15
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolphinFan1 View Post

I wouldn't, based solely on who would be left as your QB's. Who are your running backs?
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:33 AM   #16
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolphinFan1 View Post
I won 59 to 20.

Interesting to note that the guy I beat wants to make a trade. Here's the proposed trade.

I get: B. Leftwich and Clinton Portis

He gets: D. NcNabb.

That would leave me with either Leftwich or Jake Plummer as my starting QB.

Yeah, it depends on how much you need an RB. If you don't have a top 10 RB in both slots, you will likely improve making this trade. If you are respectable at RB, you obviously take a hit at QB.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:03 AM   #17
MikeVic
Head Coach

Lost both leagues... Shaun Alexander was needed desperately, and he sucked. Players that I thought would be consistent this year just weren't...
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 11:44 AM   #18
RendeR
Coordinator

I won my first game 94-89, Tomlinson came through big for me for the win. I racked up the 2nd highest points in my league.

Hopefully Warner will come through next week for me as well. He gave me 28 this week.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 12:32 PM   #19
Schmidty
Coordinator

In the FOFC Yahoo league, I sucked (34 points), but the other team sucked more, so I won. Other than Tiki, my team is terrible.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:10 PM   #20
DolphinFan1
College Benchwarmer

My RB currently are T. Barber from the Giants, C. Taylor of the Vikings and W. Dunn of the Falcons.

I am on a quest to show that the Dolphins can win the Super Bowl. Or should I say Front Office Bowl, with FOF2K7.

The revival of an old favorite, FOFC Wrestling Dynasty
DolphinFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:43 PM   #21
Wasabiak
High School Varsity

I won both money leagues i'm in.

T-Bags
JP Milton
vs.Damage Inc.
Todd Glocke
Starters:
QBPalmer, CarsonCIN3
P:13-19-0-127 R:2-(-1) F:1
RBBarber, TikiNYG8
R:18-110 C:5-61
RBParker, WilliePIT5
R:29-115 C:3-13
WRBurress, PlaxicoNYG10
C:4-80 TD:C34
WRHarrison, MarvinIND5
C:9-113
TEHeap, ToddBAL2
C:5-46
K Rackers, NeilARI10
XP:4 FG:36,30
DTMiami DolphinsMIA1
Pts Alwd:28 Yds Alwd:339 Sacks:3 Ints:0 FumRec:1 Pts Alwd Def:21
Starters:
QBCulpepper, DaunteMIA4
P:18-37-2-262 R:3-8
RBJackson, StevenSTL6
R:22-121 C:4-19
RBWestbrook, BrianPHI12
R:17-71 C:4-61 TD:C31
WRGlenn, TerryDAL4
C:4-81
WRMuhammad, MuhsinCHI5
C:6-102
WRWilliams, Roy XDET1
C:3-36
K Wilkins, JeffSTL18
FG:26,38,29,51,48,24,-44
DTAtlanta FalconsATL2
Pts Alwd:6 Yds Alwd:215 Sacks:4 Ints:1 FumRec:1 Pts Alwd Def:6
Total 44
Total 52

Wasabiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 04:34 AM   #22
Ragone
Pro Rookie

I won 72-60.. and god bless the fact that only one of my players scored a td

qb-Culpepper
rb-S. Jackson/ W. Mcgahee/ R. Droughns
Wr-L. Fitzgerald/S. Moss/P. Burress
D- Redskins(Going back to Colts D this week)
K- Janikowski (soon to be Cutikowski)

My bench received excellent news this week.. snagged Winslow jr.. and branch's trade to seattle.. But dear god.. i signed Alex Smith too

Last edited by Ragone : 09-14-2006 at 04:36 AM.
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:21 AM   #23
Vince
Pro Starter

I somehow managed to go 3-0. Not very excited about my QBs though -- Daunte Culpepper, Carson Palmer and Matt Hasselbeck all sucked. I don't expect it to continue (except for maybe Culpepper), but it's still distressing.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:53 AM   #24
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Even with Trent Green at the helm, I managed 124+ points with LT, Bears D, and Wilkins having great days for me.

1-0 so far baby!!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote