Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-28-2009, 11:46 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL Week 6 Has Begun! Deadline is 5/5/09 at 10PM

Due to my 10th anniversary, I'll be completely or almost completely unavailable from Thursday through Monday. Therefore, I'm extending the deadline 2 days this week. The one human game features kcchief vs Raiders Army this week.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:57 AM   #2
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Due to my 10th anniversary, I'll be completely or almost completely unavailable from Thursday through Monday. Therefore, I'm extending the deadline 2 days this week. The one human game features kcchief vs Raiders Army this week.

10th anniversary? Geez some people need to get their priorities in order.

Just kidding, EF. Hope you and the missus (Guessing you're married to a woman) have a great time. I can't help but play my game right now.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:59 AM   #3
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Happy 10th. Hope it's a great weekend!!!

We're having state standardized tests this week, and my school is one of 100 piloting the online component...and let's just say there are bugs. I'm exhausted when I come home, so I'll appreciate holding off my stuff until the weekend.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:25 AM   #4
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
10th anniversary? Geez some people need to get their priorities in order.

Just kidding, EF. Hope you and the missus (Guessing you're married to a woman) have a great time. I can't help but play my game right now.

Yes, I'm married to a woman. Thanks for the well wishes. Looking forward to a ton of quality time this weekend.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:48 AM   #5
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Hope you and the missus (Guessing you're married to a woman) have a great time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Yes, I'm married to a woman.
It's Louisiana, not Iowa.

RA, what's your situation look like? I know you're on the road trip -- looks like we have an extra few days while EF27 gets some lovin'.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:37 PM   #6
Ironhead
College Prospect

Boston College wins the battle of the Catholic schools by pulling out a 51-30 victory over Notre Dame. Much closer game than the final indicates. The Irish were actually up 30-27 late in the 3rd but they made a number of mistakes in the 4th that lead to points.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:33 PM   #7
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

#21 Virginia takes out #18 Clemson, 35-17 in Charlottesville. We dominated pretty much the entire game. Clemson scored two touchdowns in this game. The first one was the last play of the first half: My hail mary got picked in the endzone and ran all the way back for a TD. I was pissed. The second was with a minute left in the game. Our defense CAME TO PLAY, BABY!

Look out for the Cavaliers!
Old 04-29-2009, 08:13 PM   #8
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
It's Louisiana, not Iowa.

RA, what's your situation look like? I know you're on the road trip -- looks like we have an extra few days while EF27 gets some lovin'.

I haven't taken my 360 up to the room to check it out. It's been a really bad couple of days but I won't bore you with the details. This new job is really testing my patience.

Anyhow, I'll check it out tomorrow and let you know if I can play or not. There is wireless access here and it appears I have decent coverage in the room. The TV looks like I should be able to hook it up.

Can we put a mark on the wall at this point? Maybe Saturday or Sunday some time? I don't have the family with me so I'm open all weekend.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:17 PM   #9
bhlloy
Coordinator

OSU beats Cal 34-31 in another great game... I really didn't think I had a chance as Vereen and Riley beat me all game, but we managed to score every time they did, get a stop with about 3 mins left in the 4th and kick the FG with about 45 seconds left to win it. Not as exciting as last year where I had to hit the iced FG as time expired to win, but still a good game to win. Probably my best win as we are rated 77 overall vs their 84 (and I don't even think we are that good - QB and RB are the weakest position on the team)
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:08 AM   #10
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Can we put a mark on the wall at this point? Maybe Saturday or Sunday some time? I don't have the family with me so I'm open all weekend.
Sounds good to me. It looks like I'll be out for sure Sunday morning and early afternoon. I'll hang tight and see what happens.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:46 PM   #11
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Okay, tested it out and I can't get a signal on the TV. Good luck kcchief. Take it easy on me.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:04 PM   #12
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Stanford travelled south to UCLA and had a tough time in the first quarter, but then pulled away in before halftime. My D-line has been very solid so far this year. On another note...

Andrew Luck got injured in the first quarter and was knocked out of the game...

...and the next 7 games...
Old 05-02-2009, 05:45 PM   #13
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Ouch ... I feel for you about Luck.

On an interesting note, this may let Cody Hawkins make up a bit of the gap between Luck and Hawkins for the career passing numbers in the NOFL. No doubt Luck will pull away next year after Hawkins graduates -- especially since the injury pretty much ensures Luck will be back next year.

The injury Hawkins suffered two-years ago was really the difference in the numbers between Luck and Hawkins in the NOFL universe.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:33 PM   #14
kcchief19
Pro Starter

RA, I don't know if your technical situation has improved. If so, I can play Tuesday night.

If not, can our gracious commish set it so that I can play the game myself or do we have to sim it out?
Old 05-04-2009, 08:55 PM   #15
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Sorry, I was hoping to get in my stuff tonight, but the wife has taken over the TV (and I know better than to move a 8 month pregnant woman). I'll play tomorrow night, sometime before the deadline.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:33 AM   #16
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
RA, I don't know if your technical situation has improved. If so, I can play Tuesday night.

If not, can our gracious commish set it so that I can play the game myself or do we have to sim it out?

I won't be able to play while I'm here. Hopefully I can go back home this weekend so I won't miss back-to-back weeks and consecutive human games.

My recommendation would be to have kcchief play the game. Just because I'm not able to play, he shouldn't have to risk a loss in a simmed game.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:53 PM   #17
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'll set the game to CPU in a few minutes so you can play, kcchief.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:34 PM   #18
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Cool ... Thanks, EF. Hope the anniversary was a blast!
Old 05-05-2009, 01:36 PM   #19
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
I won't be able to play while I'm here. Hopefully I can go back home this weekend so I won't miss back-to-back weeks and consecutive human games.

My recommendation would be to have kcchief play the game. Just because I'm not able to play, he shouldn't have to risk a loss in a simmed game.
Well, unfortunately it should be easier against the AI than against you. Your blitz is stifling. But I promise Hawkins won't go for 700 yards.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:05 PM   #20
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Cool ... Thanks, EF. Hope the anniversary was a blast!

Thanks, it was a great 5 days

You're all set to play the CPU. Playing my game now.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:08 PM   #21
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We were rusty early, going into the 2nd quarter with a 14-6 deficit. But from the 2nd quarter on, we took control of the game for the most part. Locker managed to set the new Washington career record for TD's in a career (breaking the old record of 55.)
Old 05-05-2009, 06:03 PM   #22
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I will have my recruiting done before 10 PM EST. If I'm the last one then I'll post here.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:46 PM   #23
ColtCrazy
College Starter

A lackluster 48-7 win over winless Iowa St. The goal was the get the starters out before the big game against RaidersArmy next week. Other than my usual slow start (3-0 lead at the end of the 1st), the Aggies did what they were supposed to do.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:48 AM   #24
kcchief19
Pro Starter

In RA's abscence the OSU defense was strong, forcing five turnovers, scoring a TD and stopping CU deep in OSU territory four times.

Unfortunately for RA, his offense wasn't up to the challenge. Turnovers made the final score of 45-3e closer than it should have been. RA doesn't want to hear this but with the way I played, he would have beat me.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:58 PM   #25
BigDPW
College Prospect

Crazy life stuff and work stuff lead to me missing the game this week I think.

Was going to do it last night but had a power outage due to severe T-storms. Power was out like 6 hours woke me up in the middle of the night when it came back on.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #26
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
In RA's abscence the OSU defense was strong, forcing five turnovers, scoring a TD and stopping CU deep in OSU territory four times.

Unfortunately for RA, his offense wasn't up to the challenge. Turnovers made the final score of 45-3e closer than it should have been. RA doesn't want to hear this but with the way I played, he would have beat me.

Congrats on the win! I assumed it was a loss and if I had actually played you, I think you would've stepped up your game.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:30 AM   #27
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Congrats on the win! I assumed it was a loss and if I had actually played you, I think you would've stepped up your game.
I played a little bit out of character because I didn't want the game to get out of hand. I ran more than I usually do. Your defense was just stiffling.

One of my interceptions came when the linebacker who was about three yards in front of Hawkins on a roll out jumped up and caught the pass. Never seen that happen before. Your defense tipped 12 passes, including one by your middle linebacker where he jumped about three feet in the air to tip a pass that was going for a TD.

There were six interceptions in the game and three of them were tipped or juggled passes. You had one that went right through Bryant's hands and to my safety. The other two picks I made were on bad passes by Cate you never would have made.

I'd like to think I would have stepped it up more against you. I was definitely in the win-but-not-by-much mode because I didn't think it was fair to pour it on. That might had made me more timid that usual.