Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-18-2005, 06:01 PM   #301
TonyR
High School Varsity

Nice set of wins here. Good Luck in the Horne fight.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:00 PM   #302
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here we go!

Melvin Horne 10-8-0(9) v. Fidel Garcia 33-1-0(21)

This fight is scheduled for 10 rounds.

A feeling out for both men. Horne was hit with some good combinations but they really didn’t seem to be affecting him. He also did well landing with some flurries, but Garcia seemed to be more in control as the the fight was going on. I really don’t think that either man won the round. There is a long way to go here.

Round two was full of surprises. First was that Horne continued to look good, it was more of the same between the two men until the halfway mark when Melvin landed a hook to the ribs that saw Garcia hit the canvas. He was up quickly, and showed little aftereffects as the round progressed. A good round for Melvin.

I am a little worried about Melvin’s ability to finish the fight without completely tiring out the way that Lawrence did. He took control of round three from the opening bell and landed a nice combination set up by the jab. He landed another good punch at the :55 mark that really hurt Garcia. Garcia landed on the canvas with a thud, as the crowd rose to their feet. Melvin looked very strong as he loomed over the fallen fighter. Garcia got to his feet by the eight count, and after the ref finished counting and had looked at him it was over. He was in a bad way.

Horne has won by a KO in the third round!

WoW! That was impressive. This man is a good fighter. He handled Garcia, and sent him back from under the hole that he came out of.

The judges had him winning both early rounds, and he was on his way to a big win either way. This is just the better way to go about it, and with minimal damage sustained.

A good one for the pocketbook.

What will be his next challenge?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 07:01 PM   #303
PilotMan
Head Coach

Julio Cesar Chavez dominated Jorge Reynoso by knocking him out in the 4th round. A dominating performance against the former champ.

Rocky Cubillas also dominated in his rematch with Pancho Villa. Villa was knocked out in the 8th round bu Cubillas.

Lee Drydon has been approached by Toshihiro Nagai for a rematch. Drydon Koed him in the first round in the last fight. They are offering a small compensation, but Nagai clearly isn’t going to help further Drydon’s career. No.

Like Steam?

Old 10-19-2005, 07:01 PM   #304
PilotMan
Head Coach

Lawrence McFarlane has been signed for his return to the ring. He will return to the ring for the second week of July. He will face #15 Shinji Takehara. Takehara is a fighter who last fought last year, and lost to Calvin Lewsey. He has been ranked as high as #10. He is a tough fighter who is solid all around. He is in so-so shape, but I will not take him lightly. He will be a challenge for Lawrence and he will need to train hard if he wants to get the win.

The biggest fight of the year is on tap for tonight. The world will be watching as the Heavyweight title will be on the line.

Heavyweight Champ #1 Joe Louis 73-3-0(59) v. Former Heavyweight Champ #2 Peter O’Connell 37-4-1(20)

Louis ended the fight in the sixth round last time, and he has not slowed down since. While O’Connell is undefeated in 3 fights since losing the title. Louis is in better shape, and is the harder puncher. O’Connell has beaten everyone at the top since losing, proving he is the best of the rest. Louis is the heavy favorite at ½ while O’Connell is 7/4. I like Louis, he is the dominant force of the heavyweight division right now.

Like Steam?

Old 10-19-2005, 07:17 PM   #305
TonyR
High School Varsity

Awesome win by Horne and looking forward to McFarlane's return to the ring!
Old 10-19-2005, 10:31 PM   #306
Tellistto
College Prospect

Agree with Tony, keep up the great work, PM!

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:23 PM   #307
PilotMan
Head Coach

Peter O’Connell did not win in his bit to get the heavyweight title back, last week. Joe Louis scored a split decision win over O’Connell to retain the title.

There really is no interest for welterweight Tomoaki Wantanabe. He has had no fights and no offers since signing with us. I am going to give him another couple of weeks and then sell his contract. The money is nothing, but why keep a fighter around who is not going to fight?

Like Steam?

Old 10-20-2005, 09:26 PM   #308
PilotMan
Head Coach

Punishment Inc is quiet this week and I am getting ready for next week’s fight for Ismael Gutierrez. There are some good fights this week though.

Former LH Champ Julio Perez #5 17-2-0(6) v. Roy Jones #7 43-2-1(35)

A battle between two fighters who have something to prove. Jones is trying to recover from his first round KO loss to Bob Foster. He had been looking for a title shot until the setback, and now he needs the win to stay in the top 10. For Perez, a fighter who lost his first fight to Virgil Hill, and then lost his second to Will Cripps in 10, he needs to win for his confidence. If he fails it will be his 3rd in a row. Neither fighter can afford a loss, and both should be healthy. Jones is the heavy favorite, because of his experience as well as his power. Odds on him are 1/4, while the odds on Perez are 11/4.

Former Welterweight Champ Sugar Ray Leonard #9 37-5-1(25) v. Javier Quirino #7 43-4-0(32)

Leonard is in a bad way as he has lost three straight fights. His star is fading fast and his next opponent would like to put it out alltogther. Quirino is no slouch. He has not lost in over three years and has been in the top 10 for over a year. He hasn’t faced the champs or the top contenders, but he is still a skilled fighter. Both fighters are skilled, and are mirror images of each other. Leonard has dropped a long way off of the fighter that he once was, while Quirino could be a top contender. Odds are actually favoring Leonard, however, it has to be sentimental, because Quirino should dominate. Odds for Leonard are 1/4, while Quirino is 11/4. My money will be on Quirino. He is at the top of his game, while Leonard seems to be on the way out.

Like Steam?

Old 10-20-2005, 09:33 PM   #309
PilotMan
Head Coach

Javier Quirino lived up the the hype with a 10 round unanimous decison. He made me over 600k on this fight. That is the best winning bet that we have ever had. That is great. I am much happier with my situation now.

In the other fight Roy Jones scored a unianmous decision over Julio Perez. That win should keep him on the upward mover, while it will force Perez back to the drawing board in his title quest.

Like Steam?

Old 10-22-2005, 08:18 PM   #310
PilotMan
Head Coach

Rankings as of the first week of June, 2007

Heavyweight

CHAMP Joe Louis 74-3-0(59)

#1 Peter O’Connell 37-5-1(20)

#2 Michael Moorer 45-3-1(35)

#3 Evander Holyfield 40-5-1(25)

#4 Muhammad Ali 60-6-0(38)

#5 Scott Jarrold 21-1-0(12)

#6 Max Watt 17-1-4(10)

#7 Larry Holmes 70-8-0(43)

#8 Ralph Weymouth 18-7-2(14)

#9 Colin Dibble 26-4-1(13)

#10 Anthony Wood 17-1-2(6)

Light-Heavyweight

CHAMP James Singleton 15-8-0(14)

#1 Virgil Hill 49-4-1(25)

#2 Will Cripps 19-3-2(11)

#3 Bob Foster 65-8-1(52)

#4 Julio Perez 17-3-0(6)

#5 Martin Kinnear 29-14-0(20)

#6 Roy Jones 44-2-1(35)

#7 Pat Olver 23-2-0(5)

#8 Derrick Scoulding 42-3-1(29)

#9 Javier Madrid 17-8-0(14)

#10 Brendan Lawe 13-8-0(11)

Middleweight

CHAMP Leavander Nolan 21-0-0(6)

#1 Anthony Hardy 48-3-0(16)

#2 Bill Neville 29-1-0(21)

#3 Mike McCallum 52-7-3(37)

#4 Wayne Wells 30-2-0(21)

#5 George Kings 27-2-0(9)

#6 Ewan Veal 39-1-1(27)

#7 Roger Jennings 38-3-0(27)

#8 Calvin Lewsey 19-1-0(15)

#9 Mark Cannon 40-1-1(28)

#10 Scott Steel 20-0-0(3)

Like Steam?

Old 10-22-2005, 08:19 PM   #311
PilotMan
Head Coach

Welterweight

CHAMP Jose Napoles 83-8-0(58)

#1 Wilfredo Benitez 59-9-1(33)

#2 Manuel Castillo 27-2-1(8)

#3 Derrell Guyver 28-2-0(14)

#4 Oscar De la Hoya 37-1-0(26)

#5 Javier Quirino 44-4-0(32)

#6 Ed Roper 32-2-2(13)

#7 Sugar Ray Leonard 37-6-1(25)

#8 Shawn McKeag 21-2-0(1)

#9 Yoshiaki Kabayashi 33-3-0(20)

#10 Andrey Romero 38-2-0(31)

Lightweight

CHAMP Damien Essett 23-1-0(23)

#1 Julio Cesar Chavez 105-4-2(84)

#2 Jorge Reynoso 22-5-2(14)

#3 Pernell Whitaker 45-2-1(19)

#4 Benny Leonard 88-7-1(69)

#5 Melvin Horne 11-8-0(10)

#6 Makoto Yahara 20-6-0(8)

#7 Augustin Garza 24-6-0(13)

#8 Yasushi Nitta 29-9-0(17)

#9 Luis Valdez 36-5-0(15)

#10 Sam Hughes 44-7-0(25)

Featherweight

CHAMP Peter Badillo 24-5-0(17)

#1 Gary Jakeman 19-7-1(9)

#2 Armando Medina 21-2-1(5)

#3 Ricardo Sanchez 30-2-0(19)

#4 Calvin Calvert 21-4-0(16)

#5 Satoshi Ohba 27-1-0(16)

#6 Azumah Nelson 46-5-3(30)

#7 Eusebio Pedroza 51-7-1(29)

#8 Kevin Kelley 55-4-2(36)

#9 Ray O’Regan 34-6-0(16)

#10 Derrick Abercrombie 28-5-0(19)

Like Steam?

Old 10-22-2005, 08:19 PM   #312
PilotMan
Head Coach

Bantamweight

CHAMP Job Reyes 22-0-2(14)

#1 Xavier Firth 22-7-1(9)

#2 Sandro Macias 20-5-3(14)

#3 Enrique Grimaldo 43-1-0(30)

#4 Joselito Pana 34-2-1(14)

#5 Carlos Zarate 66-5-1(60)

#6 Bimbo Melchor 21-1-1(12)

#7 Eder Jofre 75-4-4(51)

#8 Victor Luna 20-2-1(11)

#9 Esteban Lopez 16-11-1(6)

#10 German Tiznado 46-2-2(12)

Flyweight

CHAMP Gerardo Ramirez 28-1-0(12)

#1 Mauro Martinez 34-0-0(20)

#2 Adam Napier 27-3-0(25)

#3 Rocky Cubillas 21-1-1(16)

#4 Lito Jamili 20-7-0(17)

#5 Ernesto Bantillan 16-6-0(11)

#6 Geronimo Solorio 32-2-0(21)

#7 Masayuki Kabayashi 27-5-1(12)

#8 Colin Jolmers 19-3-1(12)

#9 Edel Gomez 26-1-1(14)

#10 Zosimo Diaz 21-3-0(12)

Like Steam?

Old 10-22-2005, 08:20 PM   #313
PilotMan
Head Coach

First week of June, 2007

Fight Night-

Ismael has a fight tonight and he should be ready for it. He is coming off of his first round TKO win a few weeks ago and looks to win tonight as well. His opponent is Benny Wilson. Wilson isn’t anything to write home about and he hasn’t won a fight in over a year. Hard to believe that he is ranked higher than Ismael right now. His best feature is his accuracy with his punches. He isn’t going to scare anyone with his power, but could be a solid boxer. It is going to be another four rounder, so what damage that can be done is going to have to be done quickly. Ismael is going to press the action and press his advantage and his skills around the ring. I think that he has a good shot to win this one. The oddsmakers like Isamel at 1/3 while his opponent is 5/2. Even if I max out my bet, which I will do, there won’t be a lot of money to be had here.

I have been really struggling to find opponents who are willing to face young welterweight Tomoaki Watanabe. Watanabe, I think, could be a good fighter in the same build as Omar or Lee, but he has to grab a win. I finally found a fighter who was willing to make a go in the ring. His name is Faustino Virgen. Virgen is 0-2 and is aggressive and hit plenty hard. He has solid skills, but like Watanabe hasn’t grabbed that first win yet. Think of this fight as a Maiden horserace where, unless there is a draw, one of these two may actually have a chance to make something out of his career. The fight is going to be in six weeks. If he doesn’t win he will be sold, as noone will ever want to fight him.

A lot of the guys have been coming to me and telling me that they are ready to fight. Drydon, for one, is in the middle of a six fight win streak. He is ranked in the top 100, and has a couple of fights left on his contract. I have make a killing on his contract, and I firmly believe that he could become a top 10 fighter with time. However, I am not sure that I have the finances to be able to take him on a run.

Andreas Rueles is also ready, however, I want him to spend more time in the gym. I don’t feel comfortable with him until he is in better shape.

Melvin is also ready to go again, but like Andreas he really should be allowed build up in some of his weak areas. It may be time for him to face a bigger opponent, than beating up second class contenders in the lightweight divison.

Omar is in the same predicament. He still needs to train up in a couple of areas, but otherwise is in good shape.

I should have fights for everyone shortly.

Lawrence is back in top form, his fight is coming in a little over a month.

Title Fight-

Light Heavyweight Champ James Singleton 15-8-0(14) v. Bob Foster #3 65-8-1(52)

Singleton is making his first title defense, and he didn’t pick an easy one right away. If he manages to win this, he just may gain some respect. Foster has been a top ten conteder for over 2 years. He has beated a former champ, and won his last nine fights. This fight will not go the distance. Both men hit hard, and have good chins. Foster may be in better shape. Foster is the favorite, at ½, while Singleton is 7/4. Since no light-heavy weight champ has ever defended the title successfully, I gotta believe that Foster is going to win this handily.

Like Steam?

Old 10-22-2005, 08:21 PM   #314
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here we go!

Ismael Gutierrez 3-1-0(2) #110 v. Benny Wilson 4-6-2(0) #108

Round one started and Ismael showed Wilson no respect at all. Charging hard as if Wilson were already hurt he flailed away with huge punches. Wilson did well moving and trying to get out of the way, however he held on when ever he had the chance too. At the halfway point it was about even, Ismael was clearly landing the harder shots while Wilson landed more jabs. With :49 seconds remaining Gutierrez did what he set out to do. He tagged Wilson with a right cross right on the chin, and he went down. He managed to get up at the 6 count, and took the eight count. Gutierrez dominated the rest of the round and Wilson was happy to survive.

Round two was like round one without the knockdown. Ismael controlled the round and landed a lot, but couldn’t put together a good flurry to end it. Ismael should be on the books for winning this one too.

You don’t see too many rounds like this one. Ismael coming and coming and coming some more. He started the round by assaulting Wilson. Wilson answered with the jab. Gutierrez attacked some more, around the one minute mark Gutierrez was tagged with a left hook and he was shocked. I was shocked. He went to the canvas. Against a fighter who has hardly any power at all. He managed to get to his feet by the 7 count and the ref let it continue. As the fight went on, Ismael recoverd and there was a lot of time left. A combination sent Wilson back and Ismael pressed the advantage. By 2:11 the ref had seen enough and grabbed Wilson, protecting him from any more punishment.

Guterriez wins by a 3rd round TKO.

This is a bittersweet win. I was a little stunned to see the turn of events, but Ismael was so dominating that I didn’t think that he could get hurt. He is still a little glassy eyed. I hope that he learns from this win, and that he improves his defense some.

Like Steam?

Old 10-22-2005, 09:40 PM   #315
Tellistto
College Prospect

Nice win, hopefully an eye opener for the over confident one named Ismael. Maybe for his manager too!

Tell

Old 10-23-2005, 09:19 AM   #316
TonyR
High School Varsity

Good win. Hopefully Lawrence and Tomoaki have good outings as well.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:37 PM   #317
PilotMan
Head Coach

I got a call after the fight from a mangement rep who was at Ismael’s fight. He said that he represented another young, fighter and wanted to know if I wanted to get the two of them together. His fighter is Alejando Gamboa. Gamboa had fought the same day, and won as well. They want two months lead time, and are willing to pay me over 200k to make the deal. After some research about him I have found that he is a good opponent. He has won 4 of his 6 fights and has won 3 in a row. I am interested in this fight. Ismael is in good shape and he will be trained up. A good fight could bring in good money, and bring prestige to me, and Punishment Inc. My only concern is that he might be moving up in the rankings a little too fast. Ismael has 2 fights left on his contract. I think that this is a good move for both him and me.

Andreas Rueles has been booked for his second fight with Punishment Inc. His opponent is going to be an aging vet who is currently ranked #96. Fred Apostoli has solid power, and a good chin. He won’t be an easy opponent. Of his 17 career losses, 7 of them have come in the last two and a half years. The fight is going to be in two and a half months.

True to form the Light heavyweight title is jinxed. Bob Foster dominated Singleton in the title fight and finished him off with a TKO in the 2nd round! Foster is the 5th Champ in the last 2 ½ years.

Like Steam?

Old 10-25-2005, 08:38 PM   #318
PilotMan
Head Coach

Third week of June, 2007

Fight Night -

Welterweight hopeful/journeyman Glenn Leeds has a fight against Gato Zamuido. Neither fighter has a stellar record, so it could go either way, however, Zamuido does have a good chin and is quite aggressive. Leeds is going to try and use some boxing skills and take advantage of Zamuido’s forward tendency as well as his suspect defense. If Leeds can mangage a win it could be just the boost that he needs to launch his comeback. Zamuito is the heavy favorite at 4/11, while Leeds is the big underdog at 12/5.

Big Fights -

Former Welterweight Champ Wilfredo Benitez #2 59-9-1(33) v. Oscar De la Hoya #5 37-1-0(26)

They don’t get much bigger than this! De la Hoya in his first fight since his surprising loss takes on the top contender in the divison. Benitez, who has one win since losing the title to Jose Napoles, is ready to affirm his place as the top challenger to the title. Both men are in great shape, both are fantastic fighters and both want a shot at the title. AND both have lost in the last 12 months. The loser of this fight has a long road ahead to get back to the top. The favorite is De la Hoya at 8/15, while Benitez is 13/8. That is a pretty good spread all things considered. Not a whole lot of respect to the top contender.

Title Fight -

Featherweight World Champion Peter Badillo #1 24-5-0(17) v. Gary Jakeman #2 19-7-1(9)

This is a rematch of the title fight from last year where Badillo won via a unanimous decision over Jakeman. He has not fought since, however Jakeman has, and it has not been as he would hvae liked. Jakeman is 2-1 in the last 3 fights with the loss coming by way of KO. He did however, KO Armando Medina in the 3rd round just last month. Is he ready for another title shot? Badillo was the first person to beat Medina and he Koed him too. It seems that Badillo is doing Jakeman a favor, but he is the top ranked fighter for the title. Badillo is heavily favored at 4/11, while the odds on Jakeman are 12/5. I like Badillo here, I really don’t think that Jakeman has a chance.

Like Steam?

Old 10-25-2005, 08:39 PM   #319
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here we go!

Glenn Leeds #140 3-8-2(1) v. Gato Zamuido #137 2-7-3(0)

This fight is scheduled for 4 rounds.

It is clear that neither of these guys is probably going to hurt the other. Leeds did well fighting from behind the jab. He was more accurate and kept Zamuido from landing any long flurries of punches. Lees countered well and by the end of the round it looked like Zamuido might be sucking wind on his way back to the corner. Close round with the edge to Leeds.

Round two was as even as they come. Leeds wasn’t quite as successful as he had been in round one, as he was hit too often, and didn’t land enough. Close, but the edge has to go to Zamuido. Next round I need to see a little more offense, mainly in taking more advantage of counter punching. He just has to throw more punches.

Round three was the same as two. A lot of defense and sloppy punching. Both men taking turns trading, and neither seeming to take advantage or control of the fight. Round four is cruicial. Leeds must take the fight.

Round four was the same. Both men showed more offense, and it looked like Zamuido was going to take the round when Leeds charged back and finished with a flurry. I hope that the judges are kind, but I could see this ending as a draw. That would not be good for the career of Glenn Leeds.

Like Steam?

Old 10-27-2005, 10:16 AM   #320
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here is the scoring:

J1: 39-38 Leeds

J2: 40-38 Leeds

J3: 39-39

Glenn Leeds wins by majority decision! Whew! He needed that. I needed that for him. He was starting to look like a bust of a signing. Hopefully the small confidence boost provided here can be parlayed into something bigger.

Like Steam?

Old 10-27-2005, 10:19 AM   #321
PilotMan
Head Coach

Gary Jakeman is the new Featherweight champ as he knocked out Peter Badillo in the 5th. Badillo had held the title for over 2 years, and had defended it twice.

Oscar De la Hoya is back on the map after his dismantling of Wilfredo Benitez. He knocked out Benitez in the 9th. I am still shocked, as Benitez is a fantastic fighter.

Like Steam?

Old 10-27-2005, 10:22 AM   #322
PilotMan
Head Coach

Lee Drydon is ready to challenge the most seasoned fighter that he has ever faced. A fight, coming two months from now, will place the well trained, Lee Drydon against Tae-Shik Kim. Kim is currently ranked #72 in the world, and has a record of 24-7-0(17). He has been ranked as high as #50. He has lost his last two fights, but previous to that he had won a string of six in a row. Four by KO! He has a big punch, but also suffers from a bit of a glass jaw. Not the most careful fighter, he has a tendency to flail a bit too much. If he hits the sweet spot though, it could be lights out.

Big Fights this week:

Former Punishment Inc fighter Niall Beaumont #111 6-1-0(2) v. Tex Old #116 7-5-1(4)

Old has lost 4 fights in a row, however, he is a well respected fighter. His opponents have been high quallity. Both men have lots of power so this fight may not go the distance. I had considered Old as an opponent before, but I didn’t feel that Niall could handle him. I shall get my answer this week. Oddsmakers like Old, by a long way. He is at 4/11, while Niall is 9/4. I will lay some money down on Niall. Odds are worth the risk.

Like Steam?

Old 10-28-2005, 09:38 PM   #323
PilotMan
Head Coach

Well I forgot to go the club to get the bet made and it ended up costing me plenty. Niall scored a 2nd round KO over Tex Old. That would have been a nice payout.

Remember back to when I had just taken Horne back under my wing? And there was a fighter who was dying for a fight with him? Al Hardway is back, and wanting a deal. For a while I had actually wanted a fight with him too, but could not get it together. Hardway is currently ranked #7 while Horne is #6. Melvin is really close to being ready. Hardway’s management group has fronted over 180k to make the deal go through. Hmm. He is an accurate puncher with a good chin. Not very good defense, but good power and stamina. Horne actually could make a good fight, the problem is that he lacks the stamina to take the fight into the later rounds. Hardway may be the best option for Melvin right now. I think that I will take it. The fight is going to be in 7 weeks.

Big Fights this week:

Flyweight FOY - Rocky Cubillas 21-1-1(16) #4 v. Lito Jamili 20-7-0(17) #5

Both fighters are on an upward swing and trying to go for a shot at the title. Both men hit very hard, although Cubillas chin is a little better, Jamili hits a bit harder and with more accuracy. Cubillas only loss was to Mauro Martinez, ant Jamili hasn’t lost since Pasqual Perez, and that was two years ago. Cubillas is the favorite, however, it is close. Odds on him are 4/6, while Jamili is 5/4. Cubillas is beatable, I just don’t know if Jamili is the man.

Lightweight FOY - Pernell Whitaker 45-2-1(19) #4 v. Paul Kench 41-1-1(8) #12

Kench had been the fighter with the longest current winning streak until his rescent loss to Luis Valdez. This battle of boxers will go the distance, neither is a big hitter. It is also the first fight for Whitaker since his shocking loss to Cesar Chavez. Pernell is favored heavily at 1/4, while Kench is 15/4. Kench has a gaudy record, but really, Whitaker is one of the best, despite his rescent loss.

And the fight of the week (maybe the year!)

Bantamweight World Champion and FOY - Job Reyes 22-0-2(14) #1 v. Former Bantamweight Champion Xavier Firth 22-7-1(9) #2

Job is the master of the Bantamweight divison, he has fought some close fights but never lost. Recently he has been unbeatable. Firth, was the champ for over a year and a half, and defended his title 3 times, until he faced Reyes. The last fight ended in with Reyes winning a controversial split decision. I can only imagine how close it is going to be this time around. Since the last fight Reyes defended against Fernando Ramirez in grand fashion, while Firth did not beat Sandro Macias. To his credit., Macias didn’t beat him either. Here they are again. Ready to battle for you! Reyes is the unquestioned favorite at 4/9, while the odds on Firth are not that bad at 15/8. Heavy betting for Reyes, he is undefeated, Firth is somone who could do it.

Like Steam?

Old 10-28-2005, 09:38 PM   #324
PilotMan
Head Coach

I was offered a fair amount of money to make a fight between Glenn Leeds, and Allan Wilcox. Leeds, still isn’t fully recovered from his last fight, and in his fragile state, care needs to be taken when scheduling him. Wilcox is not the man he should be facing. He is a good puncher and has a winning record. Something that Leeds doesn’t have. This was an easy no.

The results from this weeks fights were interesting, but not unexpected. In the flyweight division, Rocky Cubillas kept winning with a unanimous decision win over Lito Jamili. In the lightweight division, Pernell Whitaker showed that he is not anywhere near being washed up as he won a 4th round TKO over Paul Kench. And lastly?

Job Reyes again, as if in a repeat of their earlier meeting, won a split decision win over Xavier Firth. Like I said, he just wins. I am not sure if anyone can beat him at this point.

Like Steam?

Old 10-28-2005, 09:40 PM   #325
PilotMan
Head Coach

Second week of July, 2007

Fight Night -

My man is back in action. It has been a long, long road to get back to this point be he is finally ready to go again. Of course, I am speaking of none other than Lawrence McFarlane. It has been the better part of a year since he lost his fight to George Kings. Kings incidently has gone on to win two other fights, is currently ranked #5, and scheduled to fight Mike McCallum. If not for Leavander Nolan, he would have to be a close runner for FOY at the halfway point of the year.

Anyway, back to the fight. His opponent tonight is Shinji Takehara. Takehara, hasn’t fought in almost a year as well, and his last fight was a loss to Calvin Lewsey. He was ranked in the top 10 before the loss, and now finds himself just on the outside looking in to the title hopefuls. He has good skills and his stamina is going to be in question as well. I am telling Lawrence to be very patient with this. On paper he should have the advantage, however, I remember how well I though that the matchup against Kings was going to be. Look for Lawrence to start slow, and try and conseve his energy a little bit better. Hopefully, he can fight well enough to build a lead and then try and go for the kill if he gets the chance. I look for Takehara to come forward, but still to be mindful of Lawrence’s power. He looks nervous. I am trying to calm his nerves. The last thing I need is for him to be worn out before he even gets in the ring. Lawrence is the favorite at 8/13, while Takehara is at 11/8. I gotta think big for this one.

Other fights of interest this week:

Former Light Heavyweight Champion Virgil Hill 49-4-1(25) #3 v. Will Cripps 19-3-2(11) #4

Think of this as the young vs the old. Hill is still a wiley vet, even though he lost his title to a virtual nobody. Now in his effort to regain his crown he is fighting Cripps. Cripps is on a 3 fight win streak and actually has the ability to outbox the old boxer. He is going to be a tough opponent, but his confidence is not up where is should be. Hill is the favorite at 4/6, while Cripps is 5/4.

Like Steam?

Old 10-29-2005, 11:00 AM   #326
CalgaryBaller
n00b

Very exciting, the first McFarlane match in a while. Should be a goody
CalgaryBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 03:13 PM   #327
TonyR
High School Varsity

Woot! Lawrence should be on the warpath getting ready to avenge his loss!
Old 10-29-2005, 08:49 PM   #328
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryBaller
Very exciting, the first McFarlane match in a while. Should be a goody

Thanks for reading, I am glad that you are enjoying it.

Like Steam?

Old 10-29-2005, 08:52 PM   #329
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here we go!

Lawrence McFarlane 17-8-0(16) #19 v. Shinji Takehara 26-2-0(16) #12

Round one looked good for Lawrence. Both he and Takehara looked to be trying to box and counterpunch. Takehara was doing a better job of it. Every now and then though, Lawrence would sneak a big punch in and it looked like it hurt. Takehara certainly got the worst of that round, the only problem is that when Lawrence got back to the corner, he was complaining that his left hand hurt. I can’t really tell him to keep fighting, but he is. There is some question to the extent of the injury, and I am not sure how it will impact the rest of the fight.

Lawrence is moving very well behind his jab, the only problem is that he appears to be doing little to no damage with it when he throws it. The upside is that at the moment it might not make any difference. Mcfarlane has been peppering Takehara so frequently that he is dominating the rounds. Shinji does not look like he has the conditioning to go the distance. I told Lawrence to keep up the pressure but not to overexert. I don’t want him wearing out like he did in the last fight.

If this keeps up one of two things is going to happen. 1) McFarlane is going to KO or TKO Takehara, or 2) He is going to pile up so many points that it will result in a huge blowout. Lawrence is smokin right now. He is hurting Takehara, just not unleashing his fury....yet.

Round four was a close one. Takehara fought the same fight, Lawrence just didn’t do as much. Even round, maybe a round for Takehara.

Round five was close as well and was the best round for Takehara. Mcfarlane tried to be a little more aggressive and it didn’t work out. He eventually went back to his jab and move, but not before the round was already lost. He need to keep the pressure on if he wants to win big. His hand is an issue. He is just not able to do big damage with his combinations.

Wow! Round 6! Lawrence must have go his second wind, or else Takehara is just hurting, and Lawrence made him pay. He was dominant and dominating as the round progressed. As it was winding down Lawrence hit him with an killer right hook. Takehara bounced off the ropes and stumbled down. He managed to get up at the 4 count, took the 8 and came back for more. Lawrence turned it loose, and hit him with a right, square on the temple and Takehara went down for the second time in the round. This time he was up at 3, as the round ended he looked like a beaten fighter. Too bad for him there are 4 rounds to go.

Round 7 was a disapointment for Lawrence, but it with Takehara holding and in self preservation mode what do you expect? Lawrence won the round easy, and barring a most unsual end he should have this one in the bag.

Round 8 is in the books and Lawrence is on cruise control. He won this round with good jabs, although Takehara showed that there is still some life left in him. He still lost the round, but at least he still has life.

Round 9 was the best yet for Takehara. If this was a close fight I would have been worried, however, I can handle Lawrence taking a little punishment. Takehara has to let it all hang out for the last round. Expect nothing special from me, I just told him not to blow it.

Round 10 was a surprise. Apparently Lawrence didn’t listen to what I said. I told him NOT to blow it. He was killing Takehara. Just killing him. That was until he took a wiked body shot. I couldn’t believe my eyes. Lawrence just doubled over, and the crowd erupted. I nearly wet myself. Stunned at the turn of events I screamed for all I was worth that if he didn’t get up he was out. And I mean out for good. That got his attention and he was up by the 4 count. As the pain wore off he resumed his slaughtering of Takehara, and if not for the leniency of the ref, would have taken him out. Takehara, took a lot of damage. It would have been weird to have been knocked down, only to win the fight via TKO.

Like Steam?

Old 10-29-2005, 09:56 PM   #330
TonyR
High School Varsity

Sweet return win for Lawrence. Hopefully his left hand is okay.

[edit] oops, thought ref stopped it. Should be a good win for Lawrence.

Last edited by TonyR : 10-29-2005 at 11:05 PM.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 10:56 PM   #331
hoopsguy
General Manager

Good to see Lawrence back in the mix - hopefully no surprises when the judges total scores on this one.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 02:50 PM   #332
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here is how they scored the fight:

J1: 95-95

J2: 96-92 McFarlane

J3: 96-92 McFarlane

What the hell is that? Pure ass whiping from start to finish and that is what I get? Ok, so a win is a win, but who sees that fight as 95-95? This fight should have been much more lopsided. I can’t even fathom what the next step would have been if he had lost. Oh well, can’t dwell on it. Time to go to the hospital and check out that hand.

Like Steam?

Old 10-30-2005, 02:51 PM   #333
PilotMan
Head Coach

Yup, Lawrence is in a bad way, it is going to be sometime before he is back in the ring. His hand is definitely broken. He can keep training though, but it is going to be at least the standard 6 weeks before the cast comes off.

Hill and Cripps fought to a draw. Yippee. That cost me 50k no matter whose side I took.

Like Steam?

Old 10-30-2005, 02:51 PM   #334
PilotMan
Head Coach

Third week of July, 2007

Fight Night -

Tonight we have the debut of the loneliest fighter in PI. Tomoaki Wantanabe. A man that is so bad that noone wanted to fight him. Basically, because beating him would gain them nothing. I signed him because I saw potential. However, potential only goes so far. If he loses this fight he will be released from contract, as there will be no way for me to schedule any fights for him. Win though, and he could be one foot closer to the mile long road to respectability.

He is facing a fighter in a similar situation, by the name of Faustino Virgen. For some reason I want to call him Virgin. No idea why though. Neither fighter has much going for them. I am just going to send him out there and see if he can win it with his own blood, sweat and hopefully as few tears as possible.

Watanabe is the favorite, but it might as well be a pickem’ Odds are 8/11 for Tomoaki and 7/6 for Virgen.

Thats it.

Like Steam?

Old 11-01-2005, 10:28 PM   #335
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here we go!

Tomoaki Watanabe 0-1-2(0) #142 v. Faustino Virgen 0-2-0(0) #139

This fight is scheduled for four rounds.

Watanabe is a natural jab thrower. He did a very nice job of landing jab after jab. I don’t think he has the power to really go after Virgen, but I think I am safe to say that I think that he won the round.

I guess I was wrong. Watanabe did have enough power to go after Virgen. He used his jab effectively, and moved well. He smoked a straight right, square on jaw. Virgen went down and got back up at the 4 count. He took the 8 and immediatly got clocked by another on the other side, and went right back down. He again, made the count and came back for more. He lasted another :30 when another blow from Watanabe dropped him to the canvas. Again he got back up and finished the round. I question the brains of the ref for letting this fight continue.

Round 3 was even, but not the kind of even that you associate with two guys dancing around. I am talking about the kind where both men fire shots and the last man standing wins. Both men were tired by the end of the round and both men were hurt. Watanabe is close to grabbing his first win.

Round 4 was boring compared to the rest of the fight. Both men seemed happier to clinch, then to really get down to business. Watanabe did well with the jab and the round did look similar to round one. He should have pulled this one out. Even if he lost 2 rounds he should still manage the win considering how much he killed Virgen in round 2. Here is how they saw it.

Like Steam?

Old 11-01-2005, 10:33 PM   #336
PilotMan
Head Coach

J1: 40-34 Watanabe

J2: 40-34 Watanabe

J3: 40-35 Watanabe

Here is a chance for Watanabe to make something of himself. Now all he needs to do is take himself seriously and train like crazy. He has his first win, and his value should move up. That will make him more valuable to other opponents. I am excited to watch him develop. Noone fights next week. Time to party. WOOOHOO!

Like Steam?

Old 11-01-2005, 10:36 PM   #337
PilotMan
Head Coach

Ismael has a fight next week and that will leave him with one fight left on his contract with Punishment Inc. He is still a good fighter, and he is probably the best fighter in the stable, or at least the best with a shot at the title. His contract will be one of the most expensive in the stable, but I now have over 4 million in the bank, so there is room to make an investment. At this point I would say that there is a good chance that he will be resigned.

Important fights:

Featherweight FOY - Calvin Calvert 21-4-0(16) #5 v. Satoshi Ohba 27-1-0(16) #6

This is an interesting matchup. Calvert had been one of the best in the featherweight division, until he was soundly beaten by Armando Medina. Calvert has a big punch, good defense, and solid all around skills. Ohba is a rising force in the division. He was ranked as low as 103 a little over two years ago. Now he is ranked in the top 10. That is quite a climb. His most rescent win was a KO of Juan Zamora. Zamora is a quality fighter. Ohba is the favorite, odds on him are ½, the odds on Calvert are 7/4. Calvert has been at the top for a long time, I know that he has fought many tougher fighters. I will take that bet, especially considering the odds.

Former Light Heavyweight Champion Jeff Ellery 20-12-1(12) #19 v. Carl Wilks 24-2-0(19) #12

Ellery has been on a big downward slide. He has lost his last four fights, two to either former champs or current champs, and one by KO. Both men lost to Martin Kinnear in their last fight. Ellery lost via a majority decision and Wilks was knocked out. Wilks other loss was to Roy Jones, but both losses have been within the last year. Ellery is really down and out, mentally he is not in the game anymore. He will need to buck up if he is to win. Wilks is the favorite at ½, while Ellery is at 5/3.

Title Fight -

Flyweight World Champion Gerardo Ramirez 28-1-0(12) v. Edel Gomez 26-1-1(14) #9

Ramirez is in his second stint as flyweight champion. He is a solid puncher, and a better boxer. Good defense, and good accuracy, should give him a good shot to take the title. Gomez should try and take the fight into the late rounds as Ramirez may tire. Gomez’s only loss was to Zosimo Diaz, the fighter who was just beaten in Ramirez last title defense. This should be a good fight, I think that Ramirez has the edge in almost all the areas, and his experience should see him through. Ramirez is a heavy favorite at 1/4, and Gomez is 3/1.

Like Steam?

Old 11-02-2005, 08:25 PM   #338
PilotMan
Head Coach

Big payoffs on the gambling front. Calvin Calvert grabbed a split decision win and that meant a payoff of over 250k. That feels good in the pocketbook.

Big money could have been made on Jeff Ellery too. He won his fight with Carl Wilks. He won a 10 round unanimous decision. He would have been just too big a risk.

Gerardo Ramirez is a monster. He cleaned house, defended his title and showed that Edel Gomez is not a title contender. He won with a knockout in the first round.

Like Steam?

Old 11-02-2005, 08:26 PM   #339
PilotMan
Head Coach

Last week of July, 2007

Fight Night -

The time is now to find a fight for Omar. It has been the better part of 6 months since his loss, and he is almost back in top shape again. He is currently ranked #53 and has a very high contract value. Taking a look at the fighters who are around his ranking and ability, I find Barney Ross. Ross is getting old, and has not been very successful in the last two years. His record is 73-7-4(22), however, he has not won in his last four fights. He was ranked as high as #12 before falling to where he is today. He doesn’t have the confidence of a big name fighter, but his record speaks otherwise. He has solid skills, but not a lot of power. That should help Omar when push comes to shove. I gave them a call and they liked the idea of a fight later this year. Omar should be ready when the time comes.

Ismael is fighting a very important fight this week. Not so much a must win, but that after this, he will only have one fight left on his contract. I would like for him to stay, as I think that he has a very bright future ahead of him. His opponent tonight is Alejandro Gamboa. Gamboa is a rising star in the division, like Gutierrez. His record is 4-2-0(0), but he has won his last 3 fights. He has good skills, but there is some disagreement about the condition of his chin. He has not dominated his opponents, but he seems to do enough to find a way to win. I would expect Ismael to be the aggressor, and for him to try and test the chin of Gamboa. If he were to grab a win, it would mean a nice payday for me, in addition, I plan on laying a big bet here, and take a chance on my man. I want Ismael to fight comfortably, and to be busy. The last thing that I need is for him to get outpointed on the outside. Odds are even between them. It is a pick’em.

Title Fight -

Welterweight World Champion Jose Napoles 83-8-0(58) v. Former Welterweight Champion Manuel Castillo 27-2-1(8) #3

Not one man has been able to defend the title in over 3 years. There have been 4 champions during that time. Napoles lost in the first fight to Sugar Ray Leonard, who lost to Manuel Castillo, who lost to Wilfredo Benitez, who lost to Jose Napoles. Now these men have the opportunity to make a little history. Either Jose is going to defend, or Castillo will hold the title for a second time. Castillo’s most impressive accomplishment was beating the FOY, Derrell Guyver three months ago. Naploles has won five in a row, since his loss to Sugar Ray. Napoles has the power., and Castillo has the defense. Who will come out on top? Oddsmakers like Napoles at ½, while Castillo is 13/8. Tough to call.

Like Steam?

Old 11-02-2005, 08:28 PM   #340
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here we go!

Ismael Guterriez 4-1-0(3) #103 v. Alejandro Gamboa 4-2-0(0) #105

This fight is scheduled for four rounds.

Round one is in the books. And it looks like Ismael got the best of him there. Gamboa did throw a good amount of punches, but could never land more than twice in a row. Ismael did a better job with his combinations, and generally looked to frustrate Gamboa.

Round two was not as good for Ismael. Gamboa landed better shots although neither fighter could really get anything going. The first two minutes belonged to Gamboa, with Ismael snagging the last one. With the fight even, this next round is crucial.

Round three was tough to score. Ismael landed a couple of real power shots, but it didn’t seem to phase Gamboa. Gamboa did well to land quite a few jabs. This fight is messy with both men holding a lot on the inside. The ref is getting involved and it is keeping the pace of the fight down. Certainly not a pretty fight. Round four is a must win round.

Round four was similar to 2 and 3. Neither man really did any damage, and both men landed less punches than they should have. I wish I had better news about this. I am dissapointed in the effectiveness of Ismael’s punches. I would have thought him to be better suited to dishing out punishment. Here is how the judges scored the fight.

Like Steam?

Old 11-04-2005, 10:52 PM   #341
PilotMan
Head Coach

J1: 39-37 Gutierrez

J2: 40-36 Gutierrez

J3: 39-37 Gutierrez

SWEET! His power punches were having an impact with the judges, even though to me it seemed that he was letting his big lead from the first round get away from him. This is certainly good news for the organization, and the winnings from the fight coupled with the winnings from the side bet should be enough to sign him to a significant contract without putting any other contracts in jeopardy. I was so hoping it wasn’t going to be a draw. This will help me rest easier no doubt.

Like Steam?

Old 11-04-2005, 10:52 PM   #342
PilotMan
Head Coach

Ismael Gutierrez has agreed to extend his contract for an additional 5 fights. The estimated value of the extension is valued at over 2.5 million. We are happy to have him in the fold for that much longer. Lee Drydon and Melvin Horne are the next who may be up for extension. They both have 3 fights remaining on their current contracts.

Jose Napoles has become the first Welterweight Champ to defend his title, as he won a 12 round unanimous decision over Manuel Castillo.

I am looking at some of the other fights that have been announced and I am sure that you will not be dissapointed when they roll around. There are going to be some good ones.

Looking ahead for Punishment Inc, we have a couple of weeks where it is going to be quiet, and then we have 3 fights scheduled. The biggest is going to be Melvin Horne. Horne needs this win to stay in the top 10, or to move up to a better shot at a title.

Lawrence is coming along slowly but surely. I am confident that he will make a full recovery from his broken hand. I am still thinking back to how impressive it was for him to win the fight, one handed, having broken it in the first round. Oh, and by the way, he is back in the top 10 in the middleweight division.

Like Steam?

Old 11-04-2005, 10:53 PM   #343
PilotMan
Head Coach

Ohhh, there is one, big, doozy of a fight this week. I have been waiting for it for almost a year now. I will get to that in a second, but first Niall Beaumont is also fighting. Here is a preview.

Niall Beaumont 7-1-0(3) #110 v. Harry Lelliot 6-4-2(3) #108

Niall is in really good shape, and looks to be the favorite on paper. He is notoriously inconsistent and I wonder if he will really show up. Lelliot is the favorite in the bookies hearts, and the odds on him are 4/6, while the odds on Beaumont are 5/4.

Title Fight -

Lightweight World Champion Damien Essett 23-1-0(23) v. Julio Cesar Chavez 105-4-2(84) #2

I love it when Essett fights, he one of the best pound for pound fighters in the world. I mean top two, with Pernell being the other one. Anyway, he has dismantled every opponent that he has faced in the last 3 years, and doesn’t look to be slowing down at all. He is aggressive, has a huge punch and a good chin. Chavez is on a roll, he put himself on the map with the win over Whitaker in their rematch fight, and he hasn’t let down one bit. He deserves this title shot, but I am not sure that even he, is in the same class as Essett. Oddsmakers are favoring Essett. He is at a ridiculous 1/6, while the odds on Chavez are 9/2. I may have to lay some money down on Chavez, just in the off chance that he does pay. That would be a nice return. Still,I get chills thinking about this. I would love to be able to represent Essett someday. That would be grand.

Like Steam?

Old 11-06-2005, 10:59 AM   #344
PilotMan
Head Coach

Niall Beaumont has won with a points decision.

The Lightweight title is safely in the hands of Damien Essett, however, he was unable to knockout Chavez, but did win a unanimous decision.

Like Steam?

Old 11-06-2005, 11:00 AM   #345
PilotMan
Head Coach

Third week of August, 2007

Fight Night -

The big week is finally here. I have 3 fighters who are going and we need all of them to come away with wins. I expect it. With only five losses ever, and over 35 wins, I have to be feeling somewhat confident. Each night is still like the first one for me. Nerves and all.

First it will be Andreas Ruelas. Ruelas is fighting for the second time since I signed him to the stable. He is fighting a very experienced and aging fighter in Fred Apostoli. I want Ruelas to be the aggressor and to make the first move. He should have the better punch, and his defense should be good enough to make Apostoli pay when he misses. This is the highest that either fighter has been ranked, but I expect much more from Ruelas. He has to win if he has any desire to really make a name for himself in the in the middleweight division. Apostoli is the favorite as the odds on him are 4/5 and the odds on Ruelas are 11/10. That is almost even.

The second fight is Lee Drydon in his biggest test yet. His opponent is a quality fighter who has lost his last 3 fights, but was ranked as high as #50. Tae-Shik Kim has good power, and could make this a slugfest, but his chin is in question. Kim will be the aggressor, so Drydon will need to be careful, and make him pay when he misses. Lee has won six fights in a row, and has made me very rich. He has come a long way, and a win here could put him into a new level of quality. He may never contend for the title, but he has done a lot in two years. Kim is the favorite as the odds on him are 4/5, while Drydon is 11/10. Close.

The last fight is Melvin Horne against Al Hardway. Hardway is a very accurate puncher, and is in very good shape. I have a feeling that he is going to get stonger as the fight progresses into the later rounds. I hope that Horne has enough power to subdue him a little earlier, but it is a gamble. Horne has to be in charge in the ring, and that means not wasting any energy while he is doing that. A win for him is a sign that he is back, and it will firmly entrench him in the top of the lightweight division. A loss and it is back to the drawing board and back to regaining some of the confidence that I have worked so hard to get back. Hardway is the favorite at 8/13, while the odds on Horne are 11/8.

All of them have their work cut out for them. There is going to be a big financial shift one way or the other for me.

Like Steam?

Old 11-06-2005, 11:01 AM   #346
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here we go!

Andreas Ruelas 11-9-3(9) #99 v. Fred Apostoli 64-17-3(32) #91

This fight is scheduled for six rounds.

Owned. That is all. Just owned. Ruelas went out in search of blood, and that is what he found. Apostoli was ripe for the taking. Just :26 into the fight and an uppercut from Ruelas found its wasy home and sent Apostoli to the canvas. He struggled to get to his feet, and was up by the 4 count. He took the standing 8 and the ref let it go. Ruelas was the much faster fighter, and he easily slipped punches and landed with combinations of his own. Usually two to three punches. As the round was winding down Apostoli was really covering up. The ref had to get the idea that he wasn’t going to throw anymore punches and that Ruelas was just too much. He stopped the fight at the 2:41 mark.

Helluva way to start the night.

Like Steam?

Old 11-06-2005, 03:30 PM   #347
Tellistto
College Prospect

Wow, nice way to win a fight, TKO in the first round. Go Rueles! Now if only the other two fights go even 50% as well!

Tell

Old 11-07-2005, 09:01 AM   #348
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here we go again!

Lee Drydon 6-2-1(2) #82 v. Tae-Shik Kim 24-7-0(17) #67

This fight is scheduled for 6 rounds.

Drydon laid back and moved a lot. He looked for the opportunity to throw a counter punches and landed more than Kim did. He took some punches, but I feel that he held the advantage through the round. He landed better combos than Kim did, I feel like he won it. Kim looked to be sucking win at the end of the round. I can’t imagine that his conditioning is that bad.

Drydon kept his strategy the same and used his boxing skills to create opportunities to land blows. He did a nice job, and Kim wasn’t really able to get a whole lot going. Kim did have a nice flurry at the end of the round, but I think that he had lost his opportunity for the round earlier. Kim still looks like he may be tiring.

Kim is gassed. He has nothing left in the tank. Drydon should have nothing to fear from him for the rest of the fight. Kim spent most of the round covering up, and taking some viscous blows from Drydon. This stupid ref is letting this fight go, when he needed to stop it. He should have known better. Drydon is going to kill him.

Like round 3 Drydon attacked with his fury for all of round 4. He had nothing to fear from Kim who showed no offense at all. Drydon would hit him 3 or 4 times for every punch that he threw. The best that Kim could do was the occasional jab and I think that he landed one uppercut. Besides that it was all Drydon. The ref finally saw things my way and put an end to it at the 2:31 mark. Another big TKO win for Punishment Inc. A big win for Drydon.

I can’t believe that one of the judges had this fight even through 3. While the others were ahead by 2 and 3 respectively. Thank God that he didn’t get to decide the fate of the fight. He would have screwed me. Kim really lost this fight. He should have been in better shape.

Like Steam?

Old 11-07-2005, 09:02 AM   #349
PilotMan
Head Coach

And here we go again!

Melvin Horne 11-8-0(10) #6 v. Al Hardway 22-2-0(11) #7

An offensive show, both men fought in close, and both threw big punches. Horne landed harder shots, while Hardway landed more shots. One will not survive this pace.

Hardway did a nice job pursuing Horne around the ring. I had hoped for a better defensive showing from Melvin, but he still couldn’t stop Hardway. He did land some big shots, and it makes me wonder if he shouldn’t go after Hardway and try and end this one early. I just don’t see him winning a long fight.

Round three is in the books, and the picture of the fight is of Hardway landing loads of punches, with Horne’s hard punches keeping things a little closer. Melvin is taking way more punches than I want him too, and not landing effectively enough to try and stop Hardway early. If the fight makes round 7 it will be all over. He needs to work to end it early.

Melvin was dangerously close to losing this fight. He was run all over the ring by Hardway and it appeared that he was feeling frustrated that he wasn’t able to break through his defense. Hardway was making things very rough for him, so that by the end of the round Horne was just trying to survive. He needs a big comeback now.

Round 5 was closer, and there was a tough of desperation from Melvin. He is not going to win this fight on the cards, and he needs to land more big shots, but they just are not coming for him. All he can really do is go out there and fight each round for all he is worth and hope that he can land a lucky shot. Hardway is way to accurate a puncher, and he is picking Horne apart from the outside.

Round 6 was better for Melvin. I think that he may have actually won the round. Although it looks like Hardway may have sustained some kind of injury. I will know more after the fight. For now, time is running out, and there is a big hill to climb. He is still getting tagged too much, I hope that he can just gut it out.

Round seven was like all the others. Horne unable to land the big blows, tiring, while Hardway is usuing the jab effectively and exercising his fitness advantage. There are 3 rounds left and Melvin pretty much needs a KO to win.

Round 8 showed how tired Melvin was. He landed a great flurry of punches that didn’t seem to hurt Hardway at all. Hardway, wasn’t as accurate as he could have been but was controlling the round. Out of nowhere a short left hook to the stomach buckles Hardway’s knees, and he went down, rolling around. Horne ran for the corner, and waited. ...9..10. Its over!!!!! Horne has pulled out a win, out of gas and all. He knocked out Al Hardway!

The judges actually had Melvin ahead on two cards 68-66, while the third had it 69-66 for Hardway. This is going to go down as the biggest windfall for me finanially in any one week.

This one week put about 2.6 million back in my pocket! Holy Shit!

I think that it is time for the boys to get new suits. Our reputation has to be impressive. I need to get that title. Although, I think that If Melvin ever faced Essett, he would get his ass kicked.

I think I need a break. I would have never guessed that we would have won all three fights, especially the way that my fighters won them

Like Steam?

Old 11-07-2005, 09:23 AM   #350
TonyR
High School Varsity

Sweet round of fights PM! Great to see all the fighters doing well. Just need Lawrence to mend that broken hand.