Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-08-2014, 08:41 PM   #2251
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I posted on Facebook & Twitter, but for those who eschew those media (I wish I could go back in time and not join either of them...), 1Password for iOS and Mac is on sale right now.

This is a phenomenal password app I've been using for a few years and happily paid full price...but now it's I think half off for iOS and well worth it. With sync options (iCloud and DropBox) and their general interest in security, it's one of the best out there IMO and something I use everyday (my current work passwords require 12 characters including a symbol, a number, and mixed-case, can't resemble a dictionary word even with some substitutions, might require a drop of blood....).

1Password for iOS/Mac Gets Price Cut Ahead of Upcoming Free iOS 8 Update - Mac Rumors

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:05 AM   #2252
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
All I see in there is "social...social...social" which = more spam for my FB wall and a shallow game with a focus on upselling you to spend money to succeed.

Blargh.

+1
Old 08-09-2014, 10:33 AM   #2253
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I would very much rather pay $19.99 for an app completely without ads, iap, etc. but too many times, I don't get a choice.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:21 PM   #2254
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
I would very much rather pay $19.99 for an app completely without ads, iap, etc. but too many times, I don't get a choice.

+1,000,000

/tk
Old 08-16-2014, 09:05 PM   #2255
Buccaneer
Head Coach

My son wants to watch any NFL game on his iPhone while he's watching RedZone this summer. He showed me NFL Mobile but I am not sure about that app. For what it's worth, we do have Comcast/Xfinity. What are the options?
Old 08-16-2014, 09:34 PM   #2256
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Sadly, I have to agree. I don't mind paying $4.99 for the unlimited bolts but the slow growth of gold and gems (and the outlandish cost to use them) is making this game stupid once you get past a fairly middling level. Alas.

/tk

If you are still interested on swords and poker a new update came out which reduces the gold cost to get through the gates. It is now just 1000 which is more reasonable.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:01 PM   #2257
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
My son wants to watch any NFL game on his iPhone while he's watching RedZone this summer. He showed me NFL Mobile but I am not sure about that app. For what it's worth, we do have Comcast/Xfinity. What are the options?

The only way you can legally watch any nfl game live is direct tv. I have seen where you can buy just nfl ticket to stream without buying direct tv packages. Not sure if they still do that.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:05 PM   #2258
samifan24
Pro Starter

RedZone is as close as you'll get without DirectTV.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:16 AM   #2259
Desnudo
Coordinator

Yes - I meant directtv was selling internet only packages where you didn't have to buy the dish.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:12 AM   #2260
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Motorsports Manager is out on iOS. Nice take on F1 racing, possibly a little too simplistic for someone who wants an in-depth simulation but I suspect it works for those who are not interested or overly keen on technical aspects of an F1 car.

Think Kairosoft but with better graphics and I think a little more strategy in terms of the racing. I still haven't gotten the hang of pit changes yet.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:33 AM   #2261
digamma
Torchbearer

I was opening this thread to post about motor sports manager.

I've never gotten in to the kairosoft games but this one is decent.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:56 PM   #2262
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by law90026 View Post
not interested or overly keen on technical aspects of an F1 car

...you rang?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:10 PM   #2263
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

fun matching puzzle with sort of RPG elements
App Shopper: MUJO (Games)

FM
Old 09-22-2014, 10:22 AM   #2264
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
started playing Qvadriga yesterday and I can see it having some potential for keeping me entertained for a little while...

I have little what I'm doing mind you but it's fun

FM

I'm pretty much in this place now... I see the idea, at least. Still trying to sort out the game-specific knowledge, but i'm past the initial learning curve (i.e. WTF DO I DO?)
Old 09-22-2014, 10:47 AM   #2265
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but I still play New Star Soccer all the time on my iPhone. Great little app and easy to pick up. I actually enjoy it more than the PC version of the game.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:40 AM   #2266
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
I'm pretty much in this place now... I see the idea, at least. Still trying to sort out the game-specific knowledge, but i'm past the initial learning curve (i.e. WTF DO I DO?)

And in the space of a few days, I feel like I already touched bottom. I don't see what point there is in playing any more in my first "career" (static turns, normal mode) as I'm in the top end location now and can win enough to make unlimited cash that seemingly has no use.

I started up a Dynamic/Epic career, but it already feels like going back and playing an RPG through again... pretty hollow.

Disappointed... I wish there were more to this. I like the racing construct, but I want more depth or long-term objectives, I suppose.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:23 PM   #2267
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Despite my obsession with audiobooks, there are many books I like to read/re-read that are not in that format. But I have gotten to the point where I find it cumbersome, difficult or not timely (i.e., having to keep the light on) to read a hardcopy book. Then all of my problems were solved with Kindle for iPad - just had to reach a point where that ended up being the better method for reading.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:00 PM   #2268
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I will say, I love my Kindle (a lot) but I totally agree. I far prefer the Kindle app to the iBooks interface or the Nook app.

/tk
Old 09-28-2014, 11:20 AM   #2269
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Been playing Ultimate Spiderman. It's a freemium endless runner from Gameloft but it's been engaging.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 04:11 PM   #2270
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Technically it is ipad only, not for iPhone but I really like galaxy trucker. It is an iOS port of a board game. I have never played the board game before, but people say that they did an excellent job with the port of the game.

Basically the game is split in two parts. First part you compete with other players (either AI or multiplayer) for ship parts that you use to build your ship. The second part of the game you then fly your ship and get through random scenarios that put your ship to the test.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 04:42 PM   #2271
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by law90026 View Post
Motorsports Manager is out on iOS. Nice take on F1 racing, possibly a little too simplistic for someone who wants an in-depth simulation but I suspect it works for those who are not interested or overly keen on technical aspects of an F1 car.

Think Kairosoft but with better graphics and I think a little more strategy in terms of the racing. I still haven't gotten the hang of pit changes yet.

And I'm out on this one. But a solid month of time wasting on a few flights, etc. Once your car and team reaches an inflection point, you pretty much can't be beat. Now I sit with more than 100 million in the bank and nothing to spend it on, no new tracks or circuits.

I still recommend it--definitely worth the buck or two, but I don't see a ton of replay-ability.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:42 PM   #2272
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

It's going to sound weak, but the games I'm still playing regularly are:

Jetpack Joyride. Every day. They got me with the stupid S.A.M challenge, though even though I've done everything with that, I suspect I'll keep going until I get to the end (level 1,890 is my guess for the end of the game).

Words With Friends. terpkristin

Scramble With Friends. My mom loves this. I'm ambivalent. But there are always 3 games going.

Carcassonne. I have all of the expansions and wish more people played it. Flasch seems to have dropped off.

I've tried new things and nothing seems to stick. Sword & Poker (the new one) did for awhile, but then they made an update and it crashed every time I tried to leave the area. So...kind of done with that.

/tk
Old 09-29-2014, 06:49 PM   #2273
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Dola,
I also occasionally still play Fairway Solitaire (I've beat everything except the final "Daily" pack that requires 4000+ cups/stars to unlock.

And Candy Crush Saga and I have a love/hate relationship.

I really loved 10,000,000 awhile back, but after I beat it (and I beat the heck out of it), I removed it.

/tk
Old 10-02-2014, 11:45 AM   #2274
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
fun matching puzzle with sort of RPG elements
App Shopper: MUJO (Games)

FM

this one has really become my go to casual time waster as of late, both on my iPad and iPhone. Love the never ending matching...

FM
Old 10-02-2014, 12:01 PM   #2275
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Dola,
I also occasionally still play Fairway Solitaire (I've beat everything except the final "Daily" pack that requires 4000+ cups/stars to unlock.

And Candy Crush Saga and I have a love/hate relationship.

I really loved 10,000,000 awhile back, but after I beat it (and I beat the heck out of it), I removed it.

/tk

I still play Fairway Solitaire for 10-15 minutes most days. Best value £2 or whatever it was i think I've ever spent!

Last edited by AlexB : 10-02-2014 at 12:01 PM.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:13 PM   #2276
QuikSand
lolzcat

A port of Banner Saga is getting really good reviews...

Last edited by QuikSand : 10-06-2014 at 09:13 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:45 PM   #2277
Flasch186
Coordinator

Sorry TK. I just got busy elsewhere and just didnt keep up with it. Apologies.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:13 PM   #2278
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
A port of Banner Saga is getting really good reviews...

I bought it for my iPad mini (non-retina). The game seems like fun but the performance was horrible. Choppy cut-scenes and terrible, terrible loading times that seemed to need to occur after almost every 2 or 3 sentences of dialog. I actually refunded it through iTunes, only the second time I've ever done that.

Could be wicked fun on a more powerful device, so if you have a more recent iPad don't let me deter you. I intend to get it for my PC during the next Steam Christmas sale.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:31 AM   #2279
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
RedZone is as close as you'll get without DirectTV.

There is a way depending on how comfortable you are with grey. You are still paying the NFL for this service.

- Subscribe to Vpn access like Private Internet Access ($30/year)
- VPN through a Canada connection
- watch on your device or AirPlay to your Apple TV

You'll need to figure out how to get the NFL app as it's not available on iTunes US. or you can use a Mac

Last edited by Desnudo : 10-07-2014 at 07:32 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:02 PM   #2280
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
Sorry TK. I just got busy elsewhere and just didnt keep up with it. Apologies.

Are you less busy now?

/tk
Old 10-13-2014, 02:01 PM   #2281
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

It's an iPad app, but Galaxy Trucker is an exceptional game. I hadn't played the board game, so it took a while to learn, but once you are past the curve it is a LOT of fun.
PadresFan104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 05:15 PM   #2282
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan104 View Post
It's an iPad app, but Galaxy Trucker is an exceptional game. I hadn't played the board game, so it took a while to learn, but once you are past the curve it is a LOT of fun.

Love the game. Both the app and Boardgame version. Must have in my opinion.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 02:36 PM   #2283
QuikSand
lolzcat

Gushing review for GT iPad:

» Galaxy Trucker
Old 10-18-2014, 08:16 PM   #2284
SegRat
High School Varsity

Anyone play Draft Day yet?
Old 10-19-2014, 01:09 PM   #2285
digamma
Torchbearer

Downloaded Draft Day. Feel like I took one for the team here. Don't bother.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:24 PM   #2286
AlexB
Pro Starter

Me too. Got about two minutes in and then deleted it.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:05 PM   #2287
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I'm so late to the party with this, but I'm actually enjoying Ubisoft's Trials game for iPhone. It's a FTP with IAP, but so far (and I'm VERY EARLY in the game), it hasn't become a problem for me. I don't do too much "long gaming" on my phone anyway, with a few exceptions...

The game reminds me of a game I played a ton of on my old Palm Pilot, Bike or Die (which has a version in the App Store but hasn't been updated in forever and wasn't as good as the original), which I think was a take on Skate or Die!

Really digging this as a nice diversion when I need a few minutes away from life.

/tk
Old 10-23-2014, 09:06 PM   #2288
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

been playing a ton of Spellfall lately. Free match3 kind of game with an RPG twist.

FM
Old 11-21-2014, 11:23 AM   #2289
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Anybody picked up the new MOBA game for iPad Vainglory?

I'm really new to the MOBA genre, have never played the DOTA or League of Legend on PC but got interested about finding a game of that type maybe just a couple weeks ago after reading about Vainglory following the Apple keynote presentation.

Played a few games of Fates Forever and Solstice Arena in the last couple weeks. Found both interesting enough although Solstice Arena is quite simplified compared to Fates Forever. Fates games can last upward of 20 minutes (although are usually finished in less than 15) so it's not your typical mobile game. You have to set some time to yourself in order to play it.

I have played three Vainglory games so far and it's very well done. Very pretty in any case.

It's also kinda simplified with only one lane but a good jungle area that you can wander into for some extra. Games are also in the 15-20 minutes range in length.

Not sure my schedule is stable enough to set any kind of teamplay but my username on Vqainglory is "FrogMan" if you want to add me. I usually sit down to play at about 9 or 10 pm on weekdays...

Mandatory links:
App Shopper: Fates Forever (Games)
App Shopper: Solstice Arena - World's First Speed MOBA (Games)
App Shopper: Vainglory for iPhone (Games)
App Shopper: Vainglory (Games)

FM
Old 11-23-2014, 06:02 PM   #2290
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Want to see what you guys have experienced with iPhones and FaceTime. Three phones on wifi, two 4 (ios6) and one 4s (ios7) and I can't get any of them to connect to FaceTime (it would drop if you click Accept). Did they disable FaceTime for older phones/ios?
Old 11-23-2014, 06:45 PM   #2291
FBPro
College Starter

Using 4 and 4s in the past few months and they've worked on facetime.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:56 PM   #2292
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I recently used FaceTime on my iPad 2, using version 7 of the OS. Worked seamlessly.

/tk
Old 11-26-2014, 09:19 PM   #2293
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Want to see what you guys have experienced with iPhones and FaceTime. Three phones on wifi, two 4 (ios6) and one 4s (ios7) and I can't get any of them to connect to FaceTime (it would drop if you click Accept). Did they disable FaceTime for older phones/ios?

I vaguely remember having this problem with my wife's 4s. I believe it was due to not updating to later OS. Also are you on wifi when you're doing it?
Old 11-26-2014, 11:14 PM   #2294
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Yes, I had three phones side by side on wifi and none would connect. The only thing I have come up with is to see if I need to change the Notification setting. I really hope I don't have to upgrade.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:33 PM   #2295
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Very much addicted to Tap Titans right now.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:12 PM   #2296
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

been playing a lot of Little Alchemist and also been enjoying Simcity Buildit. Yeah, it's freemium with crafting but I find it fun...

FM
Old 04-05-2015, 04:41 PM   #2297
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Very much addicted to Tap Titans right now.

I started playing this thing probably a couple days after seeing your post here and I'm still playing. Got addicted to the mindless tapping and then they added tournaments twice a week...

Similar game that got released this week is Civcrafter. It starts as tapping for three resources, food, wood and rock and then evloves with research, military buildings, raids and clan. I start an FOFC clan if anybody wants to join me, invite code you need to enter in the game to find it is GYHEX422.

FM
Old 04-05-2015, 08:36 PM   #2298
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
I started playing this thing probably a couple days after seeing your post here and I'm still playing. Got addicted to the mindless tapping and then they added tournaments twice a week...

Similar game that got released this week is Civcrafter. It starts as tapping for three resources, food, wood and rock and then evloves with research, military buildings, raids and clan. I start an FOFC clan if anybody wants to join me, invite code you need to enter in the game to find it is GYHEX422.

FM

I'm still playing Tap Titans. I can consistently get to level 2075 now. It's just a matter of expanding my damage more.

I joined your Civcrafter clan as Kaiser.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:30 PM   #2299
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
I'm still playing Tap Titans. I can consistently get to level 2075 now. It's just a matter of expanding my damage more.

I joined your Civcrafter clan as Kaiser.

yeah, I'm probably one or two prestige away from being able to hit that next level, the one that costs in the "ww" to get... But I'm in the 700 and it's still easy to kill bosses so will keep on going before prestiging this one...

I've started building my wonder in civcrafter, gonna be a looong process. Got 0.15% done so far. Yup 0.15%, not 15%... Interesting dynamics though...

FM
Old 04-06-2015, 01:07 AM   #2300
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
yeah, I'm probably one or two prestige away from being able to hit that next level, the one that costs in the "ww" to get... But I'm in the 700 and it's still easy to kill bosses so will keep on going before prestiging this one...

I've started building my wonder in civcrafter, gonna be a looong process. Got 0.15% done so far. Yup 0.15%, not 15%... Interesting dynamics though...

FM

Mohacas.

Here's a good guide on how to get to him.

Step by Step Guide to Acquiring Mohacas : TapTitans