Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion > Past Versions Of FOF/TCY
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-27-2014, 05:03 PM   #51
Dutch
"Dutch"

Yikes! My first draft looks to have weighted non-combine dudes way up there! I'll need to tone that down next season.

Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:08 PM   #52
g206029
n00b

Greg since the last update, I get an exception on opening any of the draft classes in all my leagues and the util just clocks at 'filling table...'

Great tools you provide man! THANKS

The thing I miss most about the old suite is that I used extractor to import my rookies into separate .csv files which I store/archive so I could always go back and ref a guys combines years after the draft. Can I do this by copying /saving a particular export *.csv now?
g206029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:10 PM   #53
aston217
College Prospect

I'd just save the draft lists every year somewhere you can easily refer to them. Otherwise you need a set of 3 different files, I believe.

I get that error too. It might be incompatible with previously saved .draft files.

aston217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:15 PM   #54
g206029
n00b

Forgot to share this:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at DraftAnalyzer.DraftAnalyzerForm.DisplayPlayerData(Int32 i)
at DraftAnalyzer.DraftAnalyzerForm.DisplayPlayerData()
at DraftAnalyzer.DraftAnalyzerForm.loadExtractorOutputToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
DraftAnalyzer
Assembly Version: 2.0.8.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.8.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Morpheus/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/O7PCBAYY.5W4/T1CR8DLL.519/draf..tion_dd7f6d1e78dff4af_0001.0000_d3370134be137a9e/DraftAnalyzer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Deployment
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
DataReader
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Morpheus/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/O7PCBAYY.5W4/T1CR8DLL.519/draf..tion_dd7f6d1e78dff4af_0001.0000_d3370134be137a9e/DataReader.DLL
WindowsUtilities
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Morpheus/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/O7PCBAYY.5W4/T1CR8DLL.519/draf..tion_dd7f6d1e78dff4af_0001.0000_d3370134be137a9e/WindowsUtilities.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
g206029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:25 PM   #55
GridGlory
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by g206029 View Post
Greg since the last update, I get an exception on opening any of the draft classes in all my leagues and the util just clocks at 'filling table...'

Great tools you provide man! THANKS

Yeah, me too. Upgraded in the middle of a draft. Wow, that was great thinking!
GridGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:55 AM   #56
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Send me the file it's barfing on. I did add a couple of fields, I'll check and see if I forgot to initialize them.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:02 AM   #57
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I don't see anything obvious in the changes I made, and I was able to load my draft list from last year's WOOF draft okay. The only two Dictionaries involved are based on the position group of the player and the draft order of the player (if you've done the "1st round", "2nd round", "don't draft" bits). So something is corrupt in the file somewhere, I'd need the sample file.

gstelmack AT nc DOT rr DOT com
Old 08-02-2014, 07:04 AM   #58
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Wait, I see from the stack you are loading an extractor file? That path is not in DraftAnalyzer7, because it's not needed. So you must be running the old Utility Suite version for FOF2k7, which is wrong.

Last edited by gstelmack : 08-02-2014 at 07:05 AM.
gstelmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:47 AM   #59
aston217
College Prospect

I'm getting the same error and it's definitely the new Draft Analyzer, loading a .draft file.

Old 08-02-2014, 01:46 PM   #60
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I will need one of the .draft files then.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:59 PM   #61
Donnerna
n00b

Is there a tutorial or readme or something for first time users? I'd love to give this a try, but I've only been playing for a few weeks so I'm not as familiar with all the terminology as others are in this thread.

Thanks!
Donnerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 02:25 PM   #62
aston217
College Prospect

For DraftAnalyzer, or the game?

Old 08-03-2014, 04:16 PM   #63
Donnerna
n00b

Draftanalyzer. I have the basics of the game down pat, but don't know what files to import when or even a full understanding of the purpose of this utility. Thanks!
Old 08-03-2014, 04:31 PM   #64
aston217
College Prospect

The three files you need are:

-player_information.csv (created by 'Export Data')
-rookies.csv (created by 'Export Data')
-draft_personal.csv (created by 'Export Personal Scouting Data' or something like that)

Draft Analyzer will let you scroll through / resort / reorder / evaluate a draft class quickly, and it's useful because the native FOF application believes the best way to do this is to manually click on each player to see his bars. Without it, I don't know how anyone would manage to evaluate a class.

During multiplayer drafts, it's also very useful for marking players as drafted and removing them from your pool of players left to evaluated. That way you can see what's still on the board and what's not.

If you're having trouble locating the files (the game should tell you where they are), do a Windows search for
Code:
leaguedata type:folder

As I recall, with Draft Analyzer you have to point it at the folder containing all three files and it'll work from there.

Last edited by aston217 : 08-03-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:00 PM   #65
Donnerna
n00b

Thank you!
At what point should I export the files?
Old 08-03-2014, 07:07 PM   #66
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Once the draft pool is available in-game, do the export and run Draft Analyzer.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:08 PM   #67
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston217 View Post
I'm getting the same error and it's definitely the new Draft Analyzer, loading a .draft file.

Well, I have the draft file, and it loads just fine here. Trying to do some more digging and figure out what diagnostics I can add to help figure this out.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:11 PM   #68
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by g206029 View Post
Forgot to share this:

at DraftAnalyzer.DraftAnalyzerForm.loadExtractorOutputToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Note that this stack is from reloading the game-exported draft pool (File -> Load League Draftees), not for loading a draft list you saved earlier (File -> Load Draft List).
Old 08-03-2014, 10:53 PM   #69
Donnerna
n00b

Okay. I've got the draft class open in draft analyzer. Now what? I've sorted the class by bars...is that what makes the most sense, absent of any immediate needs? Thanks!
Old 08-03-2014, 11:18 PM   #70
aston217
College Prospect

I sort it by grade or combine mostly since bars can be awful misleading, unless supported by combines. Then I go through and press 'D' to remove players I'm not interested in (it marks them as drafted) and 'M' on the more intriguing looking prospects. This way when the draft unfolds I can keep tabs on who's there to consider for the pick.

That's all it is -- if it's SP, you do the draft in game as normal. DA's just a helper utility to help you see the class. If it's MP, you'll make your picks through an online draft utility. If you haven't tried MP, you should get in on a league!

Greg, that's really weird. I get the same error

Code:
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) at DraftAnalyzer.DraftAnalyzerForm.DisplayPlayerData(Int32 i) at DraftAnalyzer.DraftAnalyzerForm.DisplayPlayerData() at DraftAnalyzer.DraftAnalyzerForm.loadDraftListToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

For either option, trying to load a .draft file, or trying to load from existing league data. I'm on Windows 7 if that helps.

Old 08-09-2014, 08:21 PM   #71
gstelmack
Pro Starter

It means it's getting NULL as a key, which is basic data read from the file. I have no clue why that's failing, and still trying to figure out what I can do to help debug it. I may have to write a log file with all data it's trying to put on screen to see where it may be hosed.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:43 PM   #72
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Looks like this issue is due to long snappers. I do a find/replace for ,LS, with ,C, and I can load the file just fine.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:29 AM   #73
sawblade300
Mascot

I have a strange issue with the latest version. I downloaded it Sunday night as I have four drafts now running all at the same time. Head spinning aside, I am not able to copy and paste the drafted players into the box for this. I click analyzer at the top of the conscriptor page, right click, copy, go to DA and right click in the drafted players box.........nothing. I can paste into notepad. I can paste into a chat, but I can't paste the list into the drafted players box.

Any thoughts on how to correct this.

PS: Other GM's in the same leagues are having no issues copying and pasting the drafted players.
sawblade300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:16 PM   #74
Calvertfan
n00b

Is there any way to get the numbers in the Draft column to match the predicted draft order in the ingame Draft Preview window? Think this is how I used to see it in 2k7 draft analyzer window. In our MP draft now, it would appear that they are in position order (not sure how they're sorted within that).

Or is this how it's supposed to work now and something's gone a bit screwy with the Export Data?

Great work btw Mr Stelmack

Last edited by Calvertfan : 08-27-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Calvertfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:25 AM   #75
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawblade300 View Post
I have a strange issue with the latest version. I downloaded it Sunday night as I have four drafts now running all at the same time. Head spinning aside, I am not able to copy and paste the drafted players into the box for this. I click analyzer at the top of the conscriptor page, right click, copy, go to DA and right click in the drafted players box.........nothing. I can paste into notepad. I can paste into a chat, but I can't paste the list into the drafted players box.

Any thoughts on how to correct this.

PS: Other GM's in the same leagues are having no issues copying and pasting the drafted players.

Right click doesn't paste - I use CTRL+V.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:26 AM   #76
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvertfan View Post
Is there any way to get the numbers in the Draft column to match the predicted draft order in the ingame Draft Preview window? Think this is how I used to see it in 2k7 draft analyzer window. In our MP draft now, it would appear that they are in position order (not sure how they're sorted within that).

Or is this how it's supposed to work now and something's gone a bit screwy with the Export Data?

Great work btw Mr Stelmack

They are in the order they come from FOF, which is this order. You can use the "Grd" column to sort by adjusted grade to get the FOF grade.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:25 PM   #77
aston217
College Prospect

Greg, I'm not sure if you released this anywhere, but would it be possible to post the average/standard deviation data for combine scores that you're using, as well as the blue/green combine score cutoffs? I'm not sure if it's public data or if you've got your own numbers for that.

I'm building an analyzer-like tool, but so far I'm guessing from Malcpow's old thread or looking at in-game drafts one at a time to guess at the breakdowns.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:34 AM   #78
sawblade300
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Right click doesn't paste - I use CTRL+V.

Tried that. Doesn't work either.
sawblade300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:32 AM   #79
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawblade300 View Post
Tried that. Doesn't work either.

Not sure then. It's a standard text box, I didn't have to do anything special to make it accept copy-paste.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:35 AM   #80
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston217 View Post
Greg, I'm not sure if you released this anywhere, but would it be possible to post the average/standard deviation data for combine scores that you're using, as well as the blue/green combine score cutoffs? I'm not sure if it's public data or if you've got your own numbers for that.

I'm building an analyzer-like tool, but so far I'm guessing from Malcpow's old thread or looking at in-game drafts one at a time to guess at the breakdowns.

Attached. For a variety of reasons I ended up setting this up so that avg is halfway between green and blue, and 1 SDV is the amount that gets you to green or blue. That seemed to work well to match FOF's view of good and bad combine scores.
Attached Files
File Type: csv CombineData.csv (1.5 KB, 25 views)
Old 08-29-2014, 02:42 PM   #81
aston217
College Prospect

Thanks!

Old 08-30-2014, 07:29 AM   #82
Calvertfan
n00b

Smile

Quote:
They are in the order they come from FOF, which is this order. You can use the "Grd" column to sort by adjusted grade to get the FOF grade.

Okay Greg. Although now I've tried the copy and paste function box with conscriptor, I never need to do it the old way again - marking people as drafted using that is great.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:54 PM   #83
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

Quote:
It means it's getting NULL as a key, which is basic data read from the file. I have no clue why that's failing, and still trying to figure out what I can do to help debug it. I may have to write a log file with all data it's trying to put on screen to see where it may be hosed.

Hey boss, let me save you some time. It looks like the problem is with no-combine Offensive Lineman. I'm not smart enough to figure out which field is missing, but removing the non-combiners from the o-line solves the problem.
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:40 PM   #84
gstelmack
Pro Starter

That's weird, because the file works fine here.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:41 PM   #85
Ben E Lou

Still getting this unhandled exception every time I try to run Draft Analyzer (v1.0.0.1 is what is showing.)

Quote:

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
DraftAnalyzer
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ben/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/87Y75447.RDY/YJA204H0.ZCB/draf..tion_dd7f6d1e78dff4af_0001.0000_d3370134be137a9e/DraftAnalyzer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Deployment
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
DataReader
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ben/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/87Y75447.RDY/YJA204H0.ZCB/draf..tion_dd7f6d1e78dff4af_0001.0000_d3370134be137a9e/DataReader.DLL
WindowsUtilities
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ben/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/87Y75447.RDY/YJA204H0.ZCB/draf..tion_dd7f6d1e78dff4af_0001.0000_d3370134be137a9e/WindowsUtilities.DLL
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

When I change every instance of ,LS, to ,C, in rookies, player_information and player_record, the error goes away. But it's a pain to have to do that.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 09-18-2014 at 08:42 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 06:42 AM   #86
gstelmack
Pro Starter

To check a theory, can any of you having the problem go to:

C:\Users\{YourUserName}\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0

and drill down to where the apps are installed. It should be two directories of hex numbers, then you may see a few draft* folders depending on how many versions you've installed. Find the most recent one by date (mine looks like C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\8VBJ7Y37.B9Y\RT1QNTOR.5Q3\draf..tion_dd7f6d1e78dff4af_0001.0000_d238e1bdc28b085e, there are 2 with one only having some data files) and check the CombineData.csv and tell me if it contains:

Labels,Dsh - Avg,Dsh - Min,Dsh - Max,Dsh - SDV,Sol - Avg,Sol - Min,Sol - Max,Sol - SDV,Str- Avg,Str - Min,Str - Max,Str - SDV,Agi - Avg,Agi - Min,Agi - Max,Agi - SDV,BJ - Avg,BJ - Min,BJ - Max,BJ - SDV,Pos - Avg,Pos - Min,Pos - Max,Pos - SDV
QB,4.86,0,0,0.11,26.5,0,0,6.5,10.5,0,0,1.5,7.845,0,0,0.21,107,0,0,4,69,0,0,7
RB,4.66,0,0,0.07,18.5,0,0,4.5,15,0,0,2,7.395,0,0,0.14,119,0,0,4,19.5,0,0,4.5
FB,4.785,0,0,0.07,20,0,0,4,20.5,0,0,2.5,7.665,0,0,0.19,107,0,0,4,24.5,0,0,5.5
TE,4.8,0,0,0.07,21.5,0,0,4.5,22.5,0,0,2.5,7.845,0,0,0.21,107.5,0,0,4.5,32,0,0,7
WR,4.55,0,0,0.08,18.5,0,0,4.5,11,0,0,2,7.24,0,0,0.12,119.5,0,0,4.5,42.5,0,0,7.5
C,5.31,0,0,0.07,24.5,0,0,4.5,25,0,0,3,8.04,0,0,0.12,94,0,0,4,0,0,0,0
G,5.28,0,0,0.08,22.5,0,0,4.5,27.5,0,0,2.5,7.985,0,0,0.17,94,0,0,4,0,0,0,0
T,5.3,0,0,0.10,22,0,0,5,28,0,0,3,7.885,0,0,0.17,96,0,0,4,0,0,0,0
P,5.095,0,0,0.11,22,0,0,5,10,0,0,2,7.865,0,0,0.18,107,0,0,4,0,0,0,0
K,5.15,0,0,0.08,23.5,0,0,4.5,9,0,0,2,7.865,0,0,0.19,107,0,0,4,0,0,0,0
DE,4.885,0,0,0.09,21,0,0,5,26.5,0,0,2.5,7.665,0,0,0.19,111.5,0,0,4.5,0,0,0,0
DT,5.115,0,0,0.09,19.5,0,0,4.5,28.5,0,0,2.5,7.88,0,0,0.20,102,0,0,6,0,0,0,0
ILB,4.875,0,0,0.07,24.5,0,0,4.5,21.5,0,0,2.5,7.66,0,0,0.15,109,0,0,4,28,0,0,6
OLB,4.735,0,0,0.08,22.5,0,0,4.5,17.5,0,0,2.5,7.44,0,0,0.12,113,0,0,4,28,0,0,6
CB,4.54,0,0,0.06,19.5,0,0,4.5,12,0,0,2,7.24,0,0,0.12,119,0,0,4,37,0,0,7
S,4.615,0,0,0.07,26,0,0,5,15,0,0,2,7.395,0,0,0.14,113,0,0,3,37,0,0,7
LS,5.31,0,0,0.07,24.5,0,0,4.5,25,0,0,3,8.04,0,0,0.12,94,0,0,4,0,0,0,0

Most especially that last line? It sounds like it is not reading that last line from the file, maybe picking up an old one. Now that this file is stable, I may just embed it in the code if it is the issue.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:53 AM   #87
Ben E Lou

That line is there.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:13 AM   #88
gstelmack
Pro Starter

All right, I'm going to have to push a new version with some logging to try and figure out what is broken, because it all works just fine here and on my work computer when installed.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:08 PM   #89
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I pushed a new version with some diagnostics - if you get this exception, the game should handle it and pop a dialog with some info. If someone could run it and tell me what the dialog says (or grab a screenshot), I can start trying to narrow it down.
Old 09-20-2014, 03:05 AM   #90
Ben E Lou

Daniels is a long snapper.

WOOF Front Office Football Conscriptor version 2.5.3

The message popped up for 14 different players. I didn't check all the names, but there were 14 long snappers in the WOOF draft class.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:02 AM   #91
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I see now what the problem is, but I'm not sure how you're getting into that. In lieu of someone giving me their trade secret weights file, I do have a bit of a guard I can throw in.

Where it is failing is the value of the "rated" position, the bits I have to let you know that while the guy is a SLB, your ratings mean he might play better as a WLB. I have it set up so it should be at least picking his current position, but there is probably something you have in the weights to make sure you never pick an LS in the draft that is breaking that code.

I'll look into reworking that bit to make sure it always uses his basic position.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:02 AM   #92
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Or maybe consider pulling the feature entirely, I don't know how well it works these days.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:14 AM   #93
Ben E Lou

No trade secret here: I have the "Long Snapping" bar set as far to the left as is possible. I guess I can move it a hair to the right if that's the issue. Trying that now...
Old 09-20-2014, 08:20 AM   #94
Ben E Lou

Yup. No error when I did that. And yeah, I can never picture a scenario where I'd draft a long snapper, so I wanted them at the very bottom of the list.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:21 AM   #95
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Okay, I pushed a new version to try to avoid this situation. Let me know if it works, or what error you get if it doesn't.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:26 AM   #96
gstelmack
Pro Starter

FWIW, you're probably better off setting the position weight to 0 than making sure all the bars all the way to the left. That's probably something I need to put some error code in for: if all the bar weights are to the left, there's probably a division by 0 going on there, and that can mess everything up.

I add up all the bar values, then divide each bar by the total to find out what percentage each bar gives to the overall player value. So if all bars are 0, you are doing 0/0, which is crossing-the-streams bad.

I could set the minimums to 1, but then you would have no way to truly zero out a bar that doesn't matter, and I think that's important.

But that leaves you moving the long snapper bar over 1 tick, but since there is only one bar, it doesn't matter where you put it, that bar will be the player's bar rating no matter where you put it.

So the best way to say "I never want a long snapper in my draft list" is to set the LS position weight to something very small. That's a straight multiplier, so setting it to like 0.001 means all your long snappers will cluster around 0.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:02 AM   #97
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Okay, one more version pushed. If you jam all the sliders left, you should get a 0 score for the bars or combines as appropriate.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:41 PM   #98
crusher78
n00b

What's the relationship between the "Bars" "Comb" and "Rate" columns? Is the bars column what my coaches think the players potential is? I assume the comb column is an aggregate score of their combine results.
crusher78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:18 PM   #99
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Bars = weighted bar average, based on the weights for the bars you set in the Weights dialog

Comb = weighted combine score, based on the weights for the combines you set in the Weights dialog

Rate = Sum of all the various scores for the player based on what you set in the dialog. Includes bars, combine, size adjustments, affinities, etc. Each piece is shown in the player detail window.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:31 PM   #100
crusher78
n00b

Quote:
Bars = weighted bar average, based on the weights for the bars you set in the Weights dialog

Comb = weighted combine score, based on the weights for the combines you set in the Weights dialog

Rate = Sum of all the various scores for the player based on what you set in the dialog. Includes bars, combine, size adjustments, affinities, etc. Each piece is shown in the player detail window.

Thanks!
crusher78 is offline   Reply With Quote