Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-21-2019, 02:44 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

It's games, Jim. But not as we know them.

I'm bored. That's dangerous.

So. I've decided that I don't have enough dreck and garbage and despair around here, so I'm doing something I probably shouldn't

I just bought 160 Steam Games for a total of $12 off ebay.

So.. I'm just waiting for the keys to arrive, and when they do, I'm going to be tracking them here, and seeing how many of them

A) I already have
B) Are useless bits of fluff and nuts.
C) Actually decent video games

Any games I already have or don't want till go on my colossal list of offers.

To show the items I bought:

60x Random Steam Key + GOLD Key / Value up to 99$ | eBay

50x Random Steam Keys + 10x GOLD GAMES BONUS - Up To 99$ - CHEAPEST | eBay (2x)

Any suggestions on what the ratio to dreck to decent to gold I'll get?

Also, I started this with another purchase from Fanatical last night. While I'm waiting for today's keys, I will post what I got last night from a Fanatical 10 pack and a bundle.

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 02:58 PM   #2
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Phase 1: Fanatical Colossus Bundle:

Tier 1

Chaos Reborn (Current Steam Price: $9.99) Turn-based wizard combat with the tactical positioning of chess and the bluff of poker. Features wizard customization, 100s of gear items, single player realm adventures, online leagues and co-op play.
ALL REVIEWS:
Mostly Positive (734)
RELEASE DATE:
Oct 26, 2015

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky (Current Steam Price: $9.99)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky – standalone prequel for the acclaimed S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, which tells you story about the Clear Sky group, that want to research the Zone and understand it better.
RECENT REVIEWS:
Mostly Positive (111)
ALL REVIEWS:
Very Positive (4,834)
RELEASE DATE:
Sep 15, 2008

Sniper: Ghost Warrior Trilogy (Current Price on Steam) 19.99

ITEMS INCLUDED IN THIS PACKAGE

Sniper Art of Victory
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2: Digital Extras
Sniper: Ghost Warrior
Sniper: Ghost Warrior - Map Pack
Sniper: Ghost Warrior - Second Strike
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 takes the bulls-eye precision of its predecessor to new and exciting heights!
RECENT REVIEWS:
Mixed (127)
ALL REVIEWS:
Mostly Positive (6,183)
RELEASE DATE:
Mar 12, 2013

Tier 2

The Last Leviathan (9.99 - EARLY ACCESS GAME) The Last Leviathan is a physics-based, ship building and destruction sandbox. On your voyage to uncover where The Last Leviathan lies you will discover a world full of rival ships, mythical monsters, wrecked flotsam, physics-puzzles and hidden treasures.
ALL REVIEWS:
Mostly Positive (384)
RELEASE DATE:
Jun 22, 2016

Moon Hunters (Current Steam Price $14.99)
Play alone or with friends! A co-op personality test about exploring an ancient, occult world in 5 days. How will you be remembered?
RECENT REVIEWS:
Mixed (32)
ALL REVIEWS:
Mostly Positive (1,341)

The Town of Light (Regular Steam Price: 11.99, on sale 3.79) Psychological horror. 12 March 1938, Renée, 16, was ripped out of her world, her only fault was that of not knowing her place in the world.
RECENT REVIEWS:
Mostly Positive (16)
ALL REVIEWS:
Mostly Positive (703)
RELEASE DATE:
Feb 26, 2016

Heliborne (Currently 20 on steam, has a ton of expansions) Fly some of the best helicopters in the world – from the classic machines of the 1950s to the modern gunships of the 21st century. Play missions with your friends and compete with players from all around the world in various multiplayer modes!
RECENT REVIEWS:
Very Positive (16)
ALL REVIEWS:
Mostly Positive (1,517)

Epistory - Typing Chronicles (Currently 14.99 on Steam)
Epistory immerses you in an atmospheric action/adventure game where you play a girl riding a giant fox who fights an insectile corruption from an origami world. As you progress and explore this world, the story literally unfolds and the mysteries of the magic power of the words are revealed.
RECENT REVIEWS:
Very Positive (37)
ALL REVIEWS:
Overwhelmingly Positive (1,919)

Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide (Currently $29.99 on steam) Vermintide is an epic co-operative action combat adventure set in the End Times of the iconic Warhammer Fantasy world.
RECENT REVIEWS:
Mixed (49)
ALL REVIEWS:
Very Positive (11,206)

Ash of Gods: Redemption (I'm keeping this one, turns out it was already on my wishlist) (Current Steam Price: 24.99)

Ash of Gods: Redemption is a turn-based RPG that combines tactical combat, CCG elements, and a constantly evolving story in which no one is safe from death, including the main characters.
RECENT REVIEWS:
Mostly Positive (32)
ALL REVIEWS:
Mostly Positive (978)
RELEASE DATE:
Mar 23, 2018

Invisigun Heroes (Current Price: $7.49, son to go up to 14.99)

Invisigun Heroes is a multiplayer, single-screen battle arena with a twist: everyone’s invisible! Predictable grid-based movement ensures that you know where you are, but other players don’t. Vigilance is key as environmental tells such as footprints and other disturbances will point out careless cadets.
ALL REVIEWS:
Very Positive (202)
RELEASE DATE:
Feb 8, 2017

Last edited by SirFozzie : 02-21-2019 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:27 PM   #3
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Fanatical 10 Pack of Mystery Games

Who's Your Daddy (4.99) Who's Your Daddy is a casual 1 on 1 video game featuring a clueless father attempting to prevent his infant son from certain death.
RECENT REVIEWS:
Mixed (106)
ALL REVIEWS:
Mostly Positive (10,860)
RELEASE DATE:
Dec 23, 2015

Figment (19.99)
Figment is an action-adventure game that invites you to explore a unique surreal universe filled with music, humor and multi layered narrative. Join Dusty and his ever-optimistic friend, Piper, on an adventure through the different sides of the mind seeking to restore the courage that's been lost.
ALL REVIEWS:
Very Positive (154)
RELEASE DATE:
Sep 22, 2017

Gloom (9.99) Afflicted by severe amnesia, you drift deep into the Common Dream. You scour for the lost pages of the Necronomicon, while clinging on to any little purpose you have left. Faced with mad dreamers, horrible abominations and eldritch deities, you feel drawn to the dark Abyss deep within.
RECENT REVIEWS:
Very Positive (17)
ALL REVIEWS:
Very Positive (264)

King of Fighters XIII Steam Edition 19.99 THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII”, SNK PLAYMORE’s flagship 2D versus fighting title returns in an ultimate version on Steam!!The many features exclusive to the console version of the game, such as the ONLINE Mode that allows you to enjoy smooth online versus matches with rivals from around the world, the Tutorial Mode which can be enjoyed by...
RECENT REVIEWS:
Very Positive (29)
ALL REVIEWS:
Very Positive (3,476)
RELEASE DATE:
Sep 13, 2013

PewDeePie Legend of the Brofist $7.99 (Foz: Funny thing is this game was listed as PeeDeePie Legend of the Brofist in my order recap).Join your favorite YouTubers on an Epic Quest in PewDiePie: Legend of the Brofist.
ALL REVIEWS:
Very Positive (1,011)
RELEASE DATE:
Dec 10, 2015
DEVELOPER:
Outerminds Inc.
PUBLISHER:
Outerminds Inc.
Popular user-defined tags for this product:
Memes Pixel Graphics Platformer Co-op 2D +

Geometry Wars 3 Dimensions Involved (14.99) Experience the full evolution of the award-winning Geometry Wars franchise and battle through waves of enemies on 3D grids in this frenetic arcade shooter!
ALL REVIEWS:
Very Positive (848)
RELEASE DATE:
Nov 25, 2014

Coffin Dodgers ($10.99). (Foz: I almost wanted to call this MariOLD Kart)

Pimp up your mobility scooter and take on the Grim Reaper and his Zombie army in a race for your soul. Armed with a variety of homemade weapons and gadgets, battle your way through 13 unique & exhilarating tracks. Can you survive the retirement village?
ALL REVIEWS:
Mostly Positive (201)
RELEASE DATE:
Jul 8, 2015
DEVELOPER:
Milky Tea Studios
PUBLISHER:
Milky Tea Studios

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate (9.99)

CAN YOU SAVE THE SCIENTISTS ON APOXUS PRIME?PixelJunk™ Shooter Ultimate is a twin-stick shooter with equal elements of action and puzzle solving.
ALL REVIEWS:
Very Positive (64)
RELEASE DATE:
Oct 21, 2015
DEVELOPER:
Q-Games Ltd., Double Eleven
PUBLISHER:
Double Eleven
Action Twin Stick Shooter Physics 2D Co-op

Funk of Titans (current Price: 6.99)

As Perseus, the son of Zeus and protector of the Funk. Your task is to smash the rap, pop and rock of evil Musical Titans. Only one music can survive and the Funk is the music of the gods.
ALL REVIEWS:
Mostly Positive (20)
RELEASE DATE:
Jul 24, 2015
DEVELOPER:
A Crowd of Monsters
PUBLISHER:
Merge Games
Action Casual Adventure Platformer Runner +

Scrap Garden: Current Price 9.99

Scrap Garden is a charming puzzle platformer about the adventures of Canny, a lonely robot, who awakens in a post-apocalyptic world to find all other robots shut down and seized up. What happened to the City? Why did all robots stop moving? Did anyone survive except him?
ALL REVIEWS:
Mostly Positive (116)
Old 02-21-2019, 03:51 PM   #4
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Phase 1 Report

Phase 1 Report: So, just for the fact that Ash of Gods was in this pack makes this a net positive for me. (These packs cost me $12 on fanatical, and I would have paid $25 for it)

Have Phoenix Point, it's a fun little time waster/strategy game once you get used to it. Coffin Dodgers looks like a game that could be interesting for at least a little bit of time, KOF 13 looks to be in that area for me too, and I want to see what insanity Funk of Titans is. Between that and Helliborne and a couple other maybes, This was a pretty good pull.

Phase 1 Results

YAY games: Ash of Redemption
COOL Games: King of Fighters 13, Heliborne, Last Leviathan, Funk of Titans, Coffin Dodgers
TOO BAD I ALREADY OWN: Phoenix Point, Vermintide, Epistory
MEH: Stalker Clear SKy, Geometry Wars 3: Evovled, PixelJunk Shooter, Invisigun Heroes
NOT MY BAG OR BLEAH: Sniper Ghost Warrior Trilogy, Moon Hunters, The Town of Light, Who's Your Daddy, Figment, Gloom, PewDeePie, Scrap Garden

Really interesting to see there was no real drekbombs in there, all the games had at least positive ratings.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 02-21-2019 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:16 PM   #5
Thomkal
Head Coach

You're a brave man Foz to buy these keys mostly sight unseen. I've been looking at the Fanatical ones myself, but I'm too worried I'd get mostly meh and not my bag games for the one or two I might be interested in.

Won't stop me from claiming a couple probably once you get them all
Old 02-21-2019, 04:30 PM   #6
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So, a friend laughed at some of my pulls, and he said "Foz, here's seven bucks. Pull another one, see what you get."

So, yeah, I did.

Giant Machines 2017 (19.99)

Take control over seven of the biggest industrial machines in the world. During the 14 mission campaign you will punch through the snows of Greenland, plow the steppes of Wyoming and travel all the way to sunny Florida. Your hard work will be completed by launching a space shuttle into space.
ALL REVIEWS:
Mixed (192)
RELEASE DATE:
Sep 29, 2016

Homeworld Remastered Collection (39.99) (Foz: It's a bundle grand champion... if I didn't already have it *sadfaces*)

Experience the epic space strategy games that redefined the RTS genre. Control your fleet and build an armada across more than 30 single-player missions. Choose unit types, fleet formations and flight tactics for each strategic situation.
RECENT REVIEWS:
Very Positive (30)
ALL REVIEWS:
Very Positive (5,290)
RELEASE DATE:
Feb 25, 2015

Another Geometry Wars 3 Dimensions Evolved (see last post). I gave it to my friend

Joggernaughts ($14.99)

Jog! Jump! Switch! Coordinate the crazy conga line of alien athletes in this autorunner / puzzle platformer for 1-4 players.

ALL REVIEWS:
Positive (13)
RELEASE DATE:
Oct 11, 2018

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition ($19.99) (another: OOOH That's great! Wait, I already own it)

RECENT REVIEWS:
Very Positive (149)
ALL REVIEWS:
Very Positive (9,519)

ABOUT THIS GAME
The (then) newest chapter of the iconic fighting franchise is now available! Experience the deadliest tournament with all the kombatants and their unique fatalities. Players enter the realm to face the Kombatants in Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition, delivering all of the downloadable content (DLC), including intrepid warriors Skarlet, Kenshi and Rain, as well as the notorious dream stalker Freddy Krueger. Additionally, the game offers 15 Klassic Mortal Kombat Skins and three Klassic Fatalities (Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Reptile).

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition features dynamic gameplay including Tag Team, Challenge Tower and a full feature length story mode. Players choose from an extensive lineup of the game’s iconic warriors and challenge their friends in traditional 1 vs. 1 matches, or gamers can spectate battles and interact directly with Kombatants online during the King of the Hill mode. The game supports the Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition Fight Stick and delivers full controller capability. Players will also be able to access achievements and leaderboard stats.

Zombie Kill Of the Week: Reborn ($6.99) (looks like a run and gun survival horror retro style videogame)

Zombie Kill of the Week - Reborn is a challenging, fast paced, 2D survival shooter! Featuring a compelling single player survival mode and cooperative multiplayer for up-to four players, this is one zombie firefight you're not going to want to miss!
ALL REVIEWS:
Very Positive (537)
RELEASE DATE:
Mar 13, 2015

Earthworms $6.99(Looks like a simplistic point and click style adventure)

The Earthworms is independent, artistic, point & click game placed in surrealist world of science-fiction.
ALL REVIEWS:
Positive (26)
RELEASE DATE:
Feb 23, 2018

Gloom (see last post, repeat)

Innerspace $19.99

Soar through virgin skies and dive into lost oceans as you hunt for the ancient gods of the Inverse, a forsaken realm of inside-out planets. Created by a small team of seven developers and originally funded on Kickstarter, InnerSpace is a bright, colorful exploration flying game with no horizons.
ALL REVIEWS:
Mixed (45)
RELEASE DATE:
Jan 16, 2018

Mainlining ($9.99) Adventure/cyber game
After MI7 has been hacked, your primary goal is to bring a cyber-criminal network to justice. Played entirely from within the environment of your computer's desktop, Mainlining is a thrilling point and click hacking adventure that features a gripping narrative which will have you hooked from the very first case.
ALL REVIEWS:
Very Positive (153)
RELEASE DATE:
Jan 26, 2017

YAY: None

COOL: Mainlining

TOO BAD I OWN: Mortal Kombat Komplete, Homeworld Remastered

MEH: Innerspace, Joggernauts, Zombie Kill of the Week Reborn

NOT MY BAG/BLEAH: Earthworms, Giant Machines

REPEAT: Gloom, Geometry Wars 3 Dimensions Evolved)

Have to say this is more what I was expecting, with several mixed reviews. Mainlining is likely the only game from this pull I'm going to keep, but considering it's a $10 game and I paid $7 for the 10 pack, I still came out ahead)
Old 02-21-2019, 04:42 PM   #7
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

This should be a dynasty
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:58 PM   #8
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So now we're in deep waters. SIXTY games from ebay. Sixty lines of alpha-numeric dosh separated by dashes. 60 games that for whatever reason, have so many keys floating out there, that someone could sell sixty games for $4 bucks. We're going in. I'm scared. Hold me.

Unfortunately, the giving part of this is going to be rough, you see, this is just 60 keys sent to me. I can't tell if it's a game I already own until I try to activate it. You know that old Shibboleth about "You need to pass the bill to find out what's in it?". I need to activate the game to find out if I owned it. So if I don't own it, I DO NOW! (sadface). I will try to note games I can give away.

Game 1: Battle vs Chess (Now called Check vs Mate) $19.99

Commanders, assemble your armies! CHECK vs. MATE calls for an interactive feather duster, chartering the successful chess game principle into the present day multimedia world. Animated fantasy figurines assemble in magical worlds and await your command!
ALL REVIEWS:
Mixed (76)

Foz's comment: I was hoping it was something like Archon, but apparently it's more like Battle Chess. It uses the Fritz Engine. Oh... and that description? WHAT? I don't know what language they came from, but they probably need to check the translator.

Game 2: NeoCandy (9.99)

NeoCandy - this is rogue like action shooter in Pixel style.Make your way through the mazes. Destroy enemies. Choose ammunition and survive. First aid kits will allow you to have more.

Generated world in pixel style. Many weapons, enemies and labyrinths.

Pixel graphic style, hardcore and unforgettable music is all you need for a pleasant

WASD - move. Mouse -AIM
Kill all enemy

6 User Reviews

Foz's comment: Oh, this is going to be a regular thing with the hastily translated description, isn't it? I'm already regretting this decision. Oh well, nothing you can do but move forward.The description is something I'd see out of the old shareware disks that you would buy at a computer flea market. You know, the ones where the sleazy guys would attempt to sell you a disk with 500 games, or maybe a disk with (gasp) pictures of scantily clad women in it. The game play video is very old school 8 bit too.

Game 3: Reprisal Universe($6.99)

Reprisal Universe places you in charge of the very elements themselves. Raise and lower land to expand your tribes, harness the power of fire and water. Explore the hidden mysteries of the Universe and gather your people together once again.
ALL REVIEWS:
Mostly Positive (308)
RELEASE DATE:
Sep 15, 2014

Foz's Comment: This could basically be classified as a God-Game like Populous (and the graphics are very old school )too. THe reviews seem to agree, "The best populous clone you can get on steam" was one. Another (from someone who's played 258 hours!) says: A well made and fun game that gets worse and worse the more you play it. The strategies eventually become repetitive once you discover the best ones.") If it takes me 258 hours to find out how to break the game engine over my knee, that's still 250+ hours playing a game. Think that would be a successful game in my opinion.

Game 4: Blood Harvest 3 ($3.99)

Dynamic, hardcore and explosive action on the passage with a bunch of weapons, enemies and bosses.
ALL REVIEWS:
Mostly Positive (27)
RELEASE DATE:
Jun 5, 2018

Foz's Comment: Well, that was a short description, wasn't it? From watching the gameplay video, it looks like somebody took Metroidvania games, Super Meat Boy, Bullet Hell game, I WANNA BE THE MAN and an 8-bit aesthetic, threw them into a blender and pressed ATOMIZE. BTW, we're 4 for 4 so far in game titles that sound like they belong in a fictional video game store in Kingdom Hearts 3. BLOOOOOOOOD HARVEST THREEEEEEE!

Game 5: KnightShift $6.99

Do you like Real Time Strategy? or are Role Playing Games your preference…Why not try both genres in one? … or even both separately? …In one game: KnightShift!In a mystical world beyond fantasy and imagination, where corruption and disaster go hand in hand, not all is as it seems.
ALL REVIEWS:
Mixed (200)
RELEASE DATE:
Dec 31, 2003

Foz's comment: Wow, 2003. that's the furthest back of any game that I got so far. It's.. um.. well, It looks like a 2003 game. The Reviews say it's pretty much a 2003 game. And the MOST 2003 reference possible? Comes from the Game Features section (which is translated from German, which didn't catch Skirmish RPG und RTS Mode)

Extensive multiplayer fun with companion and competitive matches over LAN and EarthNET™
Revolutionary graphics taking full advantage of Per Pixel Shader technology with automatic adaptation of the engine to fitted hardware

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, IT'S CONFIRMED THIS IS A 2003 GAME! From Germany no less.

Game 6: GOLD KEY! (DUN DUN DUN)

This is the big one, this is the guaranteed game to get us out of the doldrums, right? What could it be.. What AAA title could it possibly be, what wonders of technology am I about to unleash on my.. wait.. what's this?

Oh. It's SPACE MARINE.

*sighs*

Game 6: Warhammer 40K: Space Marine. (Game available to gift)

In Warhammer® 40,000® Space Marine® you are Captain Titus, a Space Marine of the Ultramarines chapter and a seasoned veteran of countless battles.
RECENT REVIEWS:
Very Positive (34)
ALL REVIEWS:
Very Positive (4,983)
RELEASE DATE:
Sep 6, 2011

Foz's Comment: This was when Warhammer 40K was just in the beginning of it's ongoing "YOU GET A LICENSE! YOU GET A LICENSE! EVERYONE GETS A LICENSE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA". fest to make money off their warhammer property. Relic had made Dawn of War, and they wanted an action game to show off their new property. And the game was good. You got to kill what seemed like hundreds of millions of Orks or other bad guys. And as you can see, the reviews liked it. (The metacritic was between 70 and 76 for the PC, PS3 and X360 versions) But not only was there no sequel made, the developers ended up getting bought out by SEGA two years later. But before you think it must have been a stinker, there's an easy way to figure out what happened. It was published by THQ.

Congrats THQ. you managed to release a decent enough space marine game that for whatever reason no one wanted to buy. Rest in Pieces, ya bum.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 02-21-2019 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:01 PM   #9
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I'm offering all of you to be part of this. Want random games? (seriously, I have no idea of what any of these games are going to be.) I can give you up to 5 at a time, but here's the catch. You have to write and post a paragraph or so like I did on the game. You don't have to play it. (who's got time to actually PLAY 200 games they bought in 2 days?) Just let us trawl through the deep seedy underbelly that is the Steam Store.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:57 PM   #10
Jon
High School Varsity

I'm interested in doing this..
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:06 PM   #11
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

you have a PM Jon.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:08 PM   #12
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Oh yeah, gimme some of your loot, good sir!
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:23 PM   #13
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Yes, more madness to spread! MWAHAHAHAHA!

(sorry, using my outside voice again)
Old 02-21-2019, 10:24 PM   #14
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I like writing paragraphs!
Old 02-21-2019, 10:36 PM   #15
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Here we go, boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This is Alistair Cooke...and it's time to talk about games.

Game #1:

We have Dead Forest

A walking through the trees simulator. I walked through a dead mall once....actually many times. Everything is closed except a kohls and a japanese fast food place, a foot locker and an arcade. Place is dead spooky at night. A lot scarier than this game. You know what's REALLY scary about it? it has a 37% approval rating. Came out August of '18 and is worth 99 cents. Doesn't even give you any steam cards and lets you get a WHOLE FIVE achievements. Great start team!
Old 02-21-2019, 10:42 PM   #16
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Game #2

Let us fill our dead forest with some dead animals.

Combat Raccoon

An animal so dead that it doesn't even exist on steam anymore. They are literally giving away keys in the discussion thread. Which you can't really get to unless you own the game or have a link...

Steam tried to kill the raccoon in a stream out in dead forest. But it didn't die. It's out there...somewhere...waiting to strike.

It will make you play this game in your nightmares...

It's a sidescrolling shooter. Adorable animals shooting each other. What's not to love...

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 02-21-2019 at 10:43 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:46 PM   #17
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Dolphins - Cyborgs and open space!

Oh my. I am *shocked* that this is 99 cent trash. Smells like: Broken English, broken mechanics and broken dreams. 2 positive reviews, and 5 negative.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:47 PM   #18
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Game #3:

Drive-By Hero

Congratulations...we've found a WORSE game than dead forest.

A miserable 32% approval rating. Let's drive by and shoot things...OHHH yeah...with our guns! OH YEAH. Cause we've got a gun and we've got a 2nd amendment and we're tough...we're cool...we drive a CAR. and we drive by. we're a hero!
oh yeah it's EARLY ACCESS TOO hahahahahaha

here's the best part...

# of achievements: 5394

and here's the punchline...
Spoiler

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 02-21-2019 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:50 PM   #19
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Cab Driver Commander

Remember first generation, top-down Grand Theft Auto. This looks a lot like that, but moving at an absolutely glacial pace. 99 cents, with 2 reviews, both overwhelmingly negative:

"Worth 3 cents, and that`s being *really* generous"

Last edited by thesloppy : 02-21-2019 at 10:50 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:53 PM   #20
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Game #4

It's time to murder some more animals.

Dogcoin. This dogturd actually is up to 66% after 2 years. A whole TWELVE PEOPLE rated it. Looks like a platformers with a tiny dog getting coins. That's original. What would a dog do with all those coins? Buy like BACON!!!! that's what i'd do if i was a dog and had coins. And then poop all the bacon out in 50 seconds. But it would be worth it.

I would definitely not buy this game as a dog. Because I would not be able to play it with my paws....and also because it is another free game...

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 02-21-2019 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:57 PM   #21
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Game #5

Diabolic

Finally ! A $3.99 game. We did it team!

released in mar 2018
wheeeee so modern. We are in a fantasy camp...i mean world. We walk around the countryside shooting monsters orthoganally! Are they worth coins? Are they worth points? I DON"T KNOW! but 94% of 72 users like doing it!
Old 02-21-2019, 10:57 PM   #22
thesloppy
Pro Starter

RollingBall: Unlimited World

Another TOP 99 cent title for the masochist in your life. This one appears to be a sequel to Rolling Ball, and is theee most basic 'endless runner' game that could ever be cobbled together from 3 basic geometric shapes and 2 color tones. 3 negative reviews, and 3 positive reviews. The positive reviews appears to be based entirely on the fact that this seemingly moronic game somehow offers fourteen hundred different achievements.

Last edited by thesloppy : 02-21-2019 at 10:58 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:03 PM   #23
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Cemetery Warrior 2

Here, we go with a PREMIUM game that costs 99 cents AND a dollar on top of that. What do you get for double the entry price? Uhhhhh, a Mayan (?) themed Doom/Quake homage? Amazingly this game has a 77% positive ranking despite looking like trash.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:08 PM   #24
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Clumsy Chef

Oooh: The clumsy chef claims to be a three dollar and ninety nine cent value, and with a promising name like that my expectations were high!

No, it's trash. Rudimentary platformer with a mind-numbing soundtrack. A surprising amount of positive reviews, made up of nonsense and random word fragments, and also a fair number of negative reviews, complaining about remarkably horrible controls and gameplay. WHO TO BELIEVE??
Old 02-21-2019, 11:09 PM   #25
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Game #3:

Drive-By Hero

Congratulations...we've found a WORSE game than dead forest.

A miserable 32% approval rating. Let's drive by and shoot things...OHHH yeah...with our guns! OH YEAH. Cause we've got a gun and we've got a 2nd amendment and we're tough...we're cool...we drive a CAR. and we drive by. we're a hero!
oh yeah it's EARLY ACCESS TOO hahahahahaha

here's the best part...

# of achievements: 5394

and here's the punchline...
Spoiler

you sure? It says $1.99 on my steam It is part of the "Massive Acheivement Bundle"
Old 02-21-2019, 11:09 PM   #26
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Thanks Foz, that was a fun bit of torture.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:16 PM   #27
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

And now you're going to hide the games from your list and never think of them again, right?
Old 02-21-2019, 11:49 PM   #28
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Never to be seen again! I had to scramble a couple times to keep some of them from actually installing "Good God, no!"
Old 02-22-2019, 12:13 AM   #29
Izulde
Head Coach

I'll play this lottery, sure.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:10 AM   #30
Ironhead
College Prospect

I have similarly been bored and would enjoy some of this $0.99 torture.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:55 AM   #31
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Caught up. The good news is that the ebay seller who provides 50 actually LABELED his games, so I can give those away :P
Old 02-22-2019, 10:51 AM   #32
Ironhead
College Prospect

Dad’s co-worker (N/A – the game has been banned but appears to have once been $0.99)
Released: 1/30/2018
Genre: Hentai Visual Novel
Tags (from SteamSpy): Adventure, Casual, Indie, Nudity, Sexual Content
Achievements: 5,000!
About (from SteamSpy): This story telling you about a very hot and unexpectable situation in the life of a teenage girl. She had very nervous first working day in her father's office. Her dad's co-worker just wanted to help her to forget about all that stress....
Reviews: I can’t find any reviews in Steam anymore, perhaps due to it being banned. From some searching online it looks like at one point it had 26 reviews with a mixed rating.
Comments: Dear god this seems so wrong and now it is attached to my account.

Eon Fleet ($0.99)
Released: 4/19/2018
Genre: Space Shooter
Tags: Adventure, Indie
Achievements: None
about: Eon empire is back! And now you have to get in your spaceship and defend your homeplanet against whole Eon Fleet! Eon Fleet is a simple, yet fun and challenging space shooter with huge amount of enemies from spaceships to asteroids and space mines.
Simple and fun arcade gameplay
Two different modes - campaign and endless mode.
Different powerups and enemies
Reviews: 2 reviews, both negative.
Comments: Reviews say it is a reskin of another game that only lasts 5 minutes. You don’t even have to shoot enemies – the game does it for you automatically.

Crazy Alien (N/A – the game has been banned, but appears to have once been $0.99)
Released: 2/27/2018
Genre: 2d platforming runner
Tags: Casual, Action, Indie, Adventure
Achievements: 500, which a guide says all can be accomplished in seconds
About (from SteamSpy): Angry newcomers kidnap animals for experiments, but animals have hope for safety! This savior is you! Free the animals in this endless runner along with the space bunny and his henchmen.
Reviews: Can’t find any reviews on Steam due to the ban.
Comments: I couldn’t find out exactly why the game was banned as unlike the first game it doesn’t seem to have questionable content. However, it may have been banned due to being able to farm the achievements in a matter of seconds?

Case #9 ($2.99)
Released: 10/20/2017
Genre: First Person Puzzle Game / Walking Simulator
Tags: Adventure, Indie, Gore, Horror
Achievements: None
about: Horror adventure in Sci-Fi style. The main character is a prisoner, kept in jail and compelled to work for Argon company for the whole imprisonment period. But one night something went wrong and he had a chance to escape from his cell.... Solve the secrets of the prison and gain freedom.

Features:
- Solitary dungeon atmosphere that will challenge you
- Puzzles and objectives to solve and get through
- Sci-fi environment to explore
- Continuation of Case #8
Reviews: 18 reviews, 50% (Mixed)
Comments: Ah, the thrilling sequel to Case #8 on Steam (46% rating with 78 reviews). Reviews put the game length at 30 minutes with high praise such as “It didn’t crash”.

5th Code – Steam said this code had already been activated on another account

Last edited by Ironhead : 02-22-2019 at 10:56 AM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 10:57 AM   #33
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

do you want a fresh 5th game, or another set of five?
Old 02-22-2019, 11:14 AM   #34
Izulde
Head Coach

Don't Panic!
A top-down strategy game where you can place zombies to try to kill everyone on a level. You lose if someone escapes. There's apparently other power-ups along the way. The graphics are early '80s and apparently what little sound there is, matches about as well as a five year old's self-selected outfit. Engrish abounds.
Review Reaction
Mixed - 5 Positive, 3 Negative, though one is a negative that's disguised as a positive and even one of the more praiseworthy ones gives it a dubious 6/10. Most damning line that I'm going to paraphrase: It's like a finished high school project. Some of the negative reactions are really, *really* angry.

Boat Adventure
Top-down trash that might leap a whole decade in graphic quality. Engrish galore again. The premise is that you move the boat around using directional keys and try to avoid hitting obstacles. Once you hit two obstacles, the level is over. That's it. Personally, I think this looks so boring and so bad, I'd play iPhone dreck over this.
Review Reaction
Officially Mixed - In reality, no one thinks this game is a good idea. Probably not even the developers themselves. Lots of complaints about something called SovKey, too.

Manipulator of Figure
Some physics-based game that looks like it's from 1970. You have to move a green ball to a purple platform and hold it there for 2 seconds. It's the ugliest game I've ever seen in my entire life. Surprisingly, this is the first in a trilogy.
Reviews
Positive, weirdly enough. Evidently this ugly game has a decent little experience lurking underneath it. Not something I would ever personally play - I suck at physics and I couldn't get pasted how dated it looks.

Castle Rencounter
A clicker game where you summon troops to defeat the enemies of forts. On the face of it, this looks fun and the graphics are at least good enough for a mobile game. But, because this is Dreck Lottery, the game is no longer available for purchase on Steam. Maybe it can be the Flappy Bird of shitty games or something.
Reviews
100% Negative. There is not one single positive review. The Most Helpful review, by a Curator, details explicitly why. Too bad. This would actually have potential.

Cyber Fight
Despite proudly proclaiming to be a steampunk platformer, there's nothing steampunk about this. It's a game with simple controls that's over in about 4 minutes, and apparently cribs literally all of its assets from something called the Unity Store. Which explains why it's one of the best looking games of the lot.
Reviews
There's one genuinely positive review. The rest? Negative or ironic positives.

Final Verdict
Games I Will Actually Install: 0
Games I Will Actually Play: 0
Fun Factor: 10/10 - Would play Dreck Lottery again

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 11:25 AM   #35
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

HAHAHAHAHA! 100% Negative!?!?!?? I'm IMPRESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2019, 12:22 PM   #36
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So, I have in my hands the 3rd part of this journey into the Steam seweres, 100 Steam Games. Not the keys, just the names of the games. Some of them we've already seen. Some of them I'm probably not allowed to give without seeing ID first (I would say they are "adult" games, but they're pretty juvenile. Let's call them 18+ games). If you want any of them, let me know.

ASCII Game Series: Beginning
Beach Restaurant
Before Nightfall
HENTAI Ahegao
Big Surprise
Bitcoin Minia
Blood Day
Bloody Sand |
Boat Adventure
Boobs Puzzle
Bounce |
Breath of Warfare
Bubble Strike
Bunny Hop |
Cab Driver Commander
Call of Bitcoin
ASCII Game Series: Blocks |
Case #9 |
Castle Rencounter |
Casual Penalty |
Cave Adventures |
Cemetery Warrior 2 |
Hentai Devil Puzzle |
Chilie Peppers |
Christmas Mission |
Christmas party |
City Escaper |
Clumsy Chef |
Combat Raccoon
Crazy Alien
Crazy Road
Crimson Defense
Cunning Fox
Cyber Fight
Dark Snow
DarkLast
ASCII Game Series: Maze
Dead Forest
Defense the Farm
Degrees
HENTAI IDOL
Dogcoin |
Dolphins-cyborgs and open space |
Don't Panic!
Dots
Draw_Love
Drive-By Hero
Scream of the Viking 2

ASCII Game Series: Pinball
Ecchi 2: compile 2D chan
Hentai Jigsaw
En Tactico
Eon Fleet
Epic drag puZOOls
Eron |
ERTX 2080TI Mining clicker
Escape from pyramid
WIN THE GAME: DO IT!
EXIST |
FACE |
Falling words |
ASCII Game Series: Snake
Fast Rolling
Favorite Miner
Hentai Legends
Finger Ninja
Floor Massacre
Flotus
Flow: The Sliding
Forgotten Adventure
Forgotten Land |
Fortune s Tavern - The Fantasy Tavern Simulator |
Soldier of Failure: Operation Zombie
FYD |
Galactic Battles |
GALAXY 3D SPACE DEFENDER
Gardener the Ripper
Hentai University
Ghost Killer
Golden Dungeons
Golden Fever
Golf Extreme
Grav Grav Gravity
Griefer
Guess who ?
Guinea-Pig
Happy Santa
Hard Place
Hardcore ZBoy
Hell in Paradise
Hentai Xonix
Heroes of elements
HUBE: Seeker of Achievements
Hungry Shadows
Hurricane Ship Ghost
I'm Lost
Hentai University 2: Biology course
In The Fighting
Old 02-22-2019, 01:28 PM   #37
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

jesus!@ Hentai games!!!!!!

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 02-22-2019 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:58 PM   #38
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
jesus!@ Hentai games!!!!!!

I think you have a volunteer, Foz!
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 01:46 PM   #39
Thomkal
Head Coach

So are these claimable Foz? Looking through the list I'm pretty sure I recognize none of them In the spirit of your adventure here, I think I should just claim 2 or 3 and play them without any knowledge beforehand...what could go wrong?
Old 02-23-2019, 02:41 PM   #40
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So are these claimable Foz? Looking through the list I'm pretty sure I recognize none of them In the spirit of your adventure here, I think I should just claim 2 or 3 and play them without any knowledge beforehand...what could go wrong?

These games will radicalize you against the human race.
Old 02-23-2019, 06:04 PM   #41
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Go ahead, tell me what you want, and may a benevolent and merciful God have mercy on your soul

(except the hentai games, they were given to a RL friend who didn't think that aduit games could be sold on Steam )
Old 02-23-2019, 07:21 PM   #42
Thomkal
Head Coach

I had no interest in the hentai games so no loss there. Now if you had some of the gay-themed games out there...

I'll go with games that sound like they might be RPG's, Dungeon Crawler or strategy, and hope for nothing too platformy. I will take:

Castle Rencounter
Forgotten Land
Golden Dungeons
Heroes of Elements

I'm sure none of them will scar my soul for life...may take a couple of days to get to them so no need to check on me to make sure I'm okay

Thanks! (I think)
Old 02-24-2019, 04:16 PM   #43
Thomkal
Head Coach

Castle Rencounter

I venture into the first of my five games-yes five Fozzie snuck another in when I wasn't looking. I picked this game because it was the most intriguing title to me with the play on words with Rencounter. Renaissance Encounter? Renovate Encounter? I'm thinking some castle building sim. The game only took some 20 seconds to install so I'm not expecting Skyrim here...

Start up the game and quickly go to a muted/garbled background of a portion of castle wall/village and some suitably dramatic music playing. There's a music note icon on the right if I get sick of the suitably dramatic music...off to a great start no doubt. Oh there's a button I can click for the credits, but I don't want to know who to blame/stalk for this sure fire masterpiece do I? No...so I click Start

And I see a screen of about 40 locks, and the number 1 in the upper corner. This reminds me of a game like Candy Crush Saga or some such arcade/puzzly game on Facebook. I ciick on 1 and am taken to a screen of less than high rez graphics of two castle walls with a gap in between, and in the gap comes marching a line of soldiers. I'm being invaded!

There's a gold piece icon floating above them that gives me gold when I click on them. Gold for what I assume is something I can use to defend the castle. But the first try ends almost as soon as it begins because the line of soldiers reaches the left hand wall and the game is over...

I really want to uninstall and hide the game on Steam after that auspicious start, but I owe it Foz and myself to try to figure it out and play it a little...

Ah I see there are three different kinds of soldiers on the bottom for 3 10 and 30 gold. When I have enough gold in my bank, I click on one of those soldiers to send them walking the other direction in the gap, and we have defenders!

They walk across the screen until they reach the right side of the screen and we win level 1! How many levels do I have to play? I try a couple more and on level 3 I decide to stop because I think the sound is going to crash the game, Each time your soldier meets the enemy you hear swords crashing loudly against each other. Well the sound got hung up briefly (thankfully) and played over and over in a loud loop. Didn't crash, but I think that's about all there is to this game. No not exactly Skyrim or some castle builder...oh well on to game 2 when my ears recover...

Last edited by Thomkal : 02-24-2019 at 04:32 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:42 PM   #44
Thomkal
Head Coach

I looked at the reviews after playing and this review (all negative) summed it up-"This game is a &*^% joke, it has to be.
Old 03-22-2019, 09:13 PM   #45
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well my ears have finally recovered/memory has returned so onwards to game 2 in this fiesta-Forgotten Land. This was the one I was most intrigued by-sounds like it could be a RPG of some sort, or maybe a game where I've lost my memory (again?)

The download was significantly larger than the first game-about 1.5 GB, so that was a promising sign, right? I'm greeted with a dull gray blurred photographic dirt road and some trees and some orchestral music playing. I'm asked what language I want from a choice of five. Thankfully English is one of them.

The picture fades in and it looks like I might be somewhere snowy. There's no trailer or anything, and I can move the mouse around to see my surroundings. There's a small shed and some kind of a structure blocking the road. I can move towards the structure and it looks like the frame of a roof-not to the shed, and right now I don't see any other part of this building. So I check out the shed next.

Turns out its not a shed, but one wall left standing from the house maybe? And nearby some kind of fabric-a tarp maybe? I can't interact with anything so far-no cursor. The one wall has a short wall connected to it, and appears to be a door frame. I already have two achievements in the game for moving to the tarp and the wall.

I keep walking and its clear I'm in a mountainous snowy terrain. I follow the road, which just appears to be two wagon wheel ruts through the snow. I can hear snow crunching under my feet from time to time but I see nobody else, no other buildings or points of interest. I guess they should have named this game, Forgotten Purpose because I have no clue where I am or why yet.

I head over to the store page to get more info. Came out in 2017 and has mostly negative reviews. From the description I'm a driver who had a bad accident and I wake up and find myself in a large valley called the Forgotten Land in folklore and there's an ancient creature there that will take my soul if don't find a village and get out. Apparently there's a time limit and I can die from being in the cold too long. Which all would have been nice to know when I started the game.

I check out the reviews-"this hardly could be described as a game. It's a bunch of stolen assets merged together by a complete beginner who tested the game once." There actually was a trailer-just some guy you could never see walking through the snow, with fences (which I never saw) from time to time and atmospheric music. I think this game is best Forgotten, and I don't need to see any more of it.
Old 03-22-2019, 10:04 PM   #46
thesloppy
Pro Starter

You poor soul, I can't believe you're going to play these. I feel bad enough when I see them in my Library.

Last edited by thesloppy : 03-22-2019 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:47 AM   #47
melodydurrant
n00b

I prefer slots to video games. Its great activity in Friday after hard week. There are a lot of them these days. I usually play these https://casino4play.quora.com/Poker-...nd-How-to-Play when I am bored.
melodydurrant is offline   Reply With Quote