Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-04-2018, 04:36 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NBA 2k19

Sounds like another nice leap forward for GM/Franchise Mode. Here is an exciting blog:

NBA 2K19 MyLEAGUE and MyGM Developer Blog - Operation Sports

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 12:18 PM   #2
Johnny93g
College Starter

Historical draft classes!!! They just made a sale. Wow, that's awesome. You can basically make a retro franchise and play it out!!
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 03:18 PM   #3
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post
Historical draft classes!!! They just made a sale. Wow, that's awesome. You can basically make a retro franchise and play it out!!

Yes! So many great new features!
Old 08-05-2018, 05:37 PM   #4
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

The only sports game I even bother with at this point, sounds like it'll be just fine this year (assuming they didn't break nothing)
Old 08-05-2018, 05:43 PM   #5
bhlloy
Coordinator

So there's no reason somebody couldn't come out with rosters from 1970 and then have a historical sim from that point onwards? That's quite an incredible feature.

You can have a league with less than 30 teams as well right?
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 06:31 PM   #6
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post

That's cool. Heck, if Madden did that, it might convince me to buy it again.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:16 AM   #7
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Now if they cut down on the MyPlayer unskippable scenes
Old 08-06-2018, 09:00 AM   #8
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
The only sports game I even bother with at this point, sounds like it'll be just fine this year (assuming they didn't break nothing)

Lebron James and Jon Loveless, leading teams to titles since 2018
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 06:18 PM   #9
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Now if they cut down on the MyPlayer unskippable scenes

Or even better, a non-"RPG" mode where we just play games and train. Like the good old days.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:28 PM   #10
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Or even better, a non-"RPG" mode where we just play games and train. Like the good old days.

They have that - MyLeague.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:31 PM   #11
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
They have that - MyLeague.

I mean the MyPlayer mode. MyLeague is what I usually play, but MyPlayer was my favourite mode until it became a cycle of unskippable cutscenes that made churning through games a chore. I think it's entirely intentional as well, to encourage you to purchase VP rather than playing the huge volume of games required to get your OVR up to a respectable number. Makes that process take 2-3 times longer than it otherwise would.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:24 PM   #12
bhlloy
Coordinator

I actually enjoyed myPlayer last year for the first season, even with the egregious cut scenes. When I realized you didn’t get a VC boost for the second season in terms of “wages” and the game would be increasingly grindy and would soon be almost impossible to improve my player without spending real world money I put it down and never went back to it.

I too miss the old myPlayer mode, even though it was far from perfect. It still blows my mind that other than The Show nobody else can get this right.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 04:24 PM   #13
korme
Go Reds

Really if you can be cool with simming your rookie season, cutscenes die.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 04:43 PM   #14
whomario
Pro Starter

My Player simply needs to have an online and an offline mode where you have free reign over how you want to play the mode and what 'story' you want to create in terms of starting rating, first team, season length, sliders/tendencies, whatever. Basically a myLeague version of MyPlayer.

But of course this hurts their bottom line so it won't happen. I mean, i am glad that at least they try with their Franchise mode (not to say there aren't incredible screw-ups every year and some major legacy-flaws in the game since forever) but from a ressource POV this could be done very, very easily within the existing structure.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 04:49 PM   #15
whomario
Pro Starter

Other than that, i hope this time they actually put in some semblance of real defense. Last year they hyped up so many changes/improvements that were then pretty much absent in the actual game (improved defensive rotations), not to mention the double-team desaster we had to endure for 2 years running (either no double teams or waaaaay too many, depending on patch version).

Funny that this is one of the few aspects that doesn't have a slider (or 5) devoted to it ...

Because that is another thing: They totally lost controll with sliders/tendencies. Started out very sensibly in terms of both amount of sliders/tendencies and how they are created. For example i remember a time (4 years ago ?) when stuff like dribble right/left/center or drive/shoot/pass or various dribble moves would add up to 100 and not be a bunch of random numbers where nobody really knows what they do anymore.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:49 PM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I mean the MyPlayer mode. MyLeague is what I usually play, but MyPlayer was my favourite mode until it became a cycle of unskippable cutscenes that made churning through games a chore. I think it's entirely intentional as well, to encourage you to purchase VP rather than playing the huge volume of games required to get your OVR up to a respectable number. Makes that process take 2-3 times longer than it otherwise would.

Ahhh, I completely agree.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:01 PM   #17
Groundhog
Coordinator

I believe very much that from a ratings perspective they come up with an overall rating first, and then adjust the ratings until they get there. For tendencies I believe it's similar - they have a template for each player type, and then adjust to get simulated stats in line with what they project for guys. That how it seems to me, having done a lot of work with custom rosters over the years - more focus on the accurate stats than the on-court CPU play.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:20 PM   #18
rjolley
College Starter

I'll post this here since the game discount thread is not working correctly:

NBA 2K19 is on sale on 2k.com for $20 off. Also saw it on Steam for 33% off ($40.19 for the Standard edition). Sale is on until 10/23 @ 10a.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote