Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-25-2008, 04:41 PM   #901
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I'm still unsure what to make of the Lathum/DaddyTorgo situation. I don't like the fact that if either is a non cunning wolf that the wolf team now has good list of people to kill without using their cunning wolf.

That rule only applies to the next night -- if Lathum or DT were a non-cunning wolf, they would have been able to kill one of those voters last night.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:42 PM   #902
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
You and LSG (and a few others) are missing the point that it is a 24 hour clock. Lathum's order had to be put in pre-lynch thus he assumed that DT was dead via the lynch (If Lathum is really a seer).. so why would he scan DT?

Yes its a 24 hour clock, but he had until 1:59 to put in his order... granted he was away at deadline (I think) and he had a decent reason to scan telle, but I think the masses would be happier with a scan of mrs. schmidty or DT
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:43 PM   #903
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
That rule only applies to the next night -- if Lathum or DT were a non-cunning wolf, they would have been able to kill one of those voters last night.

Can we get clarification on this because on the intro post it says

"Only the cunning wolf can kill any player - all other wolves may only kill a player who has voted for them at some point in the game. This only includes votes tabulated at the deadline. The wolves may kill 1 player per night."
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:43 PM   #904
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Should we look at the players who only got 1 vote?

Mrs. Schmidty
EagleFan
Saldana

Those who voted for them:

EagleFan
Chief Rum
Schmidty

I would bet a pretty penny that of those 5 players, at least one is a wolf.

Wolves can't add. You must be a wolf.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:44 PM   #905
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
you need to try decaf.

1. There is a very good chance the BG would protect me thinking the wolves may go after me.

2. The wolves probably think I am the fake seer, why kill me when I am drawing so much heat when they can take a shot at another roll and set me up at the same time.

3. I scanned Telle because I didn't like her vote, it looked like she was trying to hammer home the nail in my coffin. I didn't scan DT because I though he may have been a night kill target.

I dont drink coffee much... but I said this before I read WHY you scanned her. I comment as I read... or by the time I get done reading the 8 pages I forget everything I want to say and I have one week post...which is generally why I am considered UTR
Old 06-25-2008, 04:45 PM   #906
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post

I see your problem -- Eaglesfan27 isn't playing this game.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:46 PM   #907
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Can we get clarification on this because on the intro post it says

"Only the cunning wolf can kill any player - all other wolves may only kill a player who has voted for them at some point in the game. This only includes votes tabulated at the deadline. The wolves may kill 1 player per night."

My bad, you're right.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:46 PM   #908
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Well, there is 5 total players there.

To expand on my analysis, EagleFan was involved in 2 of the 6 votes. Perhaps EagleFan would be a good starting point to discuss as a potential lynch target?
Old 06-25-2008, 04:48 PM   #909
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

To expand on my analysis, EagleFan was involved in 2 of the 6 votes. Perhaps EagleFan would be a good starting point to discuss as a potential lynch target?

Oops. I guess I'm bad at paying attention, and we all know that Villagers from Washington state are bad at paying attention!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 04:54 PM   #910
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Upon further though, I probably need to clarify my line of thinking a bit more. If a wolf tacked on a vote to a single person, it would not make much sense if they were both wolves, because then there would be no reason to kill each other.

But perhaps a wolf used a ploy to get someone to vote for him. Maybe Mrs. Schmidty told EagleFan that if he voted for her, Schmidty would vote for EagleFan. Thus now EagleFan can kill Schmidty and the wolves can use that whenever they need to.

Schmidty, you have been played.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:55 PM   #911
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Upon further though, I probably need to clarify my line of thinking a bit more. If a wolf tacked on a vote to a single person, it would not make much sense if they were both wolves, because then there would be no reason to kill each other.

But perhaps a wolf used a ploy to get someone to vote for him. Maybe Mrs. Schmidty told EagleFan that if he voted for her, Schmidty would vote for EagleFan. Thus now EagleFan can kill Schmidty and the wolves can use that whenever they need to.

Schmidty, you have been played.

Huh?

Maybe it's the lack of sleep but I have a headache now.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:22 PM   #912
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

Is a wolf more likely to do this though? I know in the last game, three of the wolves were actually in on the first two lynchings.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:34 PM   #913
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Oops. I guess I'm bad at paying attention, and we all know that Villagers from Washington state are bad at paying attention!!!!!!

I would agree with this!
Old 06-25-2008, 05:35 PM   #914
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
You and LSG (and a few others) are missing the point that it is a 24 hour clock. Lathum's order had to be put in pre-lynch thus he assumed that DT was dead via the lynch (If Lathum is really a seer).. so why would he scan DT?

I'm not missing anything. Cronin made sure to post and say to issue conditional orders, so why didn't Lathum do that. He has played enough games to know that NOTHING is absolute in WW until deadline. And even if I give him the benefit of the doubt on that, why Telle? Why not BK? Why not you? Someone who was vocal on day one and/or had some sort of controvery/suspicion around them? Hell, the way he and Render were going at it yesterday, that pick for a scan would have made a hell of a lot more sense than Telle...

I'm still catching up so some of this might have already been addressed...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:41 PM   #915
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Dola, I see now why Lathum scanned Telle, I don't think it was the best scan for the team, but I see why he did it.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:04 PM   #916
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
that was a productive post. I am glad these count now.

FEISTY!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 06:05 PM   #917
saldana
Pro Starter

i dont really think there is too much more to say.

i didnt buy DaddyTorgo's reveal 15 minutes before the deadline....this whole game, people have been complaining that the deadline was going to be very hard for them to be online, yet he waited to a point when he may or may not have been able to saved by switches to make his reveal

also, i dont agree with his statement that he was just sitting back and not saying much he was right in the middle of the mix the entire time...the bodyguard should not be a lightning rod, they should be hiding in the basement.

that same argument is exactly why i do believe that lathum is the fake seer....he is an instant lightning rod, whether he wants to be or not...making him the fake seer is brilliant, IMO, because the wolves wont night kill him...he takes too much attention away from them, and if/when he gets lynched, the wolves will think the seer is out of the game
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:09 PM   #918
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, this may have been posted before, but for those of you that are convinced that Poli would have left Lathum for last to force him onto Team Wolf, why would hoops then not have just made him the cultist, so that when we lynch him, which people seem obsessed with doing, it actually hurts us, and then makes his 4 actual draft picks the 4 wolves?
Old 06-25-2008, 06:13 PM   #919
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

sal -- I already addressed that and said that even if lathum was the cultist i'd rather he was dead than a plain-vanilla villager, because as the cultist even though he counts for us he's going to be working against us
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:14 PM   #920
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I waited as long as I could for my reveal but I noticed there were plenty of people online in the thread at that point that could have saved me
Old 06-25-2008, 06:15 PM   #921
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

it's only a matter of time till i'm fucked now - the wolvies are gonna eat me

*sighs* unless we can get the damn cunning wolf first please. If we could get the cunning wolf you know then the seers+I could just not vote for anyone and we couldn't be eaten by the wolves...
Old 06-25-2008, 06:18 PM   #922
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i dont really think there is too much more to say.

i didnt buy DaddyTorgo's reveal 15 minutes before the deadline....this whole game, people have been complaining that the deadline was going to be very hard for them to be online, yet he waited to a point when he may or may not have been able to saved by switches to make his reveal

also, i dont agree with his statement that he was just sitting back and not saying much he was right in the middle of the mix the entire time...the bodyguard should not be a lightning rod, they should be hiding in the basement.

that same argument is exactly why i do believe that lathum is the fake seer....he is an instant lightning rod, whether he wants to be or not...making him the fake seer is brilliant, IMO, because the wolves wont night kill him...he takes too much attention away from them, and if/when he gets lynched, the wolves will think the seer is out of the game

Tons of people were on at deadline -- I have a post at deadline showing 14, which includes cronin and hoops and maybe one or two others not in the game, but still, a lot. There were some complaints, but there were more posts dismissing that as unnecessary drama and stating that more people are usually available for afternoon deadlines.

You seem destined to be on Lathum's side no matter what happens in this game.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:19 PM   #923
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I waited as long as I could for my reveal but I noticed there were plenty of people online in the thread at that point that could have saved me

there were a good number of people in the thread at the deadline, but (without knowing exactly who they were) half of them were already voting for lathum anyway.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:19 PM   #924
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, so you really only had a handful of people to help you
Old 06-25-2008, 06:20 PM   #925
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

handful would have been enough
Old 06-25-2008, 06:23 PM   #926
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

not true, but i can see your point of view for that....the more correct statement would be that I am going to be on Lathum's side until there is more than argument that i firmly disagree with against him
Old 06-25-2008, 06:29 PM   #927
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
handful would have been enough

really..you think saying "i am the bodyguard" with nothing to back it up is enough to get 3 out of 5 people to change their minds?

you realize that the percent chance of us having zeroed in on TWO roled players in a 21 person game on day one is 0.22%!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 06:36 PM   #928
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Tons of people were on at deadline -- I have a post at deadline showing 14, which includes cronin and hoops and maybe one or two others not in the game, but still, a lot. There were some complaints, but there were more posts dismissing that as unnecessary drama and stating that more people are usually available for afternoon deadlines.

any argument about how many people were online at the time DT revealed is just plain silly.

It's not like he could know how many people were going to be online and purposely wait as long as possible.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:08 PM   #929
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

thats not correct pass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rules
Only the cunning wolf can kill any player - all other wolves may only kill a player who has voted for them at some point in the game. This only includes votes tabulated at the deadline. The wolves may kill 1 player per night.

Old 06-25-2008, 07:09 PM   #930
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

in Passs' defense I think that rule was altered late
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:10 PM   #931
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Just got home, looks like I have 5 pages to read, not too bad I guess....haha
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:12 PM   #932
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Also, way to call out someone who DOESN'T have a vote on you yet.

Was this for me by the way? I saw the post but wasn't sure. If it is and your refering to my vote on DT, I couldn't vote for Lathum at the time if he really is the seer, just didn't seem right.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:13 PM   #933
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
in Passs' defense I think that rule was altered late

ahh. i see.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:13 PM   #934
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
UNVOTE MRS SCHMIDTY
VOTE HOOPSGUY

I'm still not convinced Mrs S isn't a wolf, but Hoops calling me out when I had a vote on Mrs S reeks of the exact same mistake that Alan made in the last game and he was a wolf. Once bitten, twice shy...

haha sorry, catching up on the posts and this is funny. You know he's not playing, right? I assume you know which makes this funnier.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:16 PM   #935
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
Was this for me by the way? I saw the post but wasn't sure. If it is and your refering to my vote on DT, I couldn't vote for Lathum at the time if he really is the seer, just didn't seem right.

I'm pretty sure that was Pass getting onto DT for calling me out when I didn't have a vote on him. That comment from DT is what caused me to unvote you, and vote hoops in error, so then I voted DT...in the meantime he'd realized that he got me and LSG mixed up...

Yes, it was a bit of a confusing day
Old 06-25-2008, 07:32 PM   #936
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I am home and catching up, if anyone cares.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:36 PM   #937
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm at a loss right now...the "usual suspects" are of course on my list of possible votes...but I'm also thinking that Mrs Schmidty might be someone to look at - she made a very good impression in her first game, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that Hoops decided to make her a wolf and see what happens. I'm also looking at Clap, he's one that usually stays fairly UTR and isn't someone I automatically go to as a wolf suspect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Since I am not going to be here tomorrow until after the deadline I need to go ahead and vote tonight. and I thought to myself, if I was hoops, who would i pick? Going down the list I said I would pick Mrs. Schmidty, because well, you always need one woman, she is new so nobody really has a read on her, she rocked her first game, and nobody is going to vote off Schmidty's wife cuz that would piss him off and we wouldn't like Schmidty when he's angry.

Second I would pick Daddy Torgo. I have played three or four games with him as a wolf and he is has always been terrific. Between him and Chief I would put them as two of the best wolves, because they are generally in the middle of the post counts, not Alant number of posts, but not UTR either. Both of them are honest to goodness solid players, and I would have picked one of them.

Third I would have picked SnDVLs, I dont know if he has played lately or not, but from what I remember he was a good player. And reading some of the comments already in this thread y'all remember him being good as well. And since he hasn't played in awhile Hoops might have taken that into consideration and thought we would let him slide for awhile without putting him on the chopping block.

Last is Kwhit... in all the games I have played with him, he has pissed me off at least once in each. He is usually pushy but right on the money with his assessments of players. And I think he is one of the more talkative players so Hoops might have made him a brutal wolf knowing he would get kicked off before the rest of his clan.

Those would be my five wolves... with consideration saldana and barkeep. I would have only picked one girl, since to be honest, we have to work twice as hard and have twice the posts to get any credit on werewolf.

With that in mind I looked at the current vote count, knowing that I would not vote for lathum, and decided to vote between Mrs. Schmidty and DaddyTorgo... I think there will be more of a chance to get more votes on DT than Mrs. so.

vote daddy torgo

Quote:
I've gave this some thought last night and this morning. I think in a game this size, with 4 or 5 women (don't remember off the top of my head), I figure there is a wolf in that group. It's not me, and LSG isn't pinging my radar, which leaves Telle and Mrs. Schmidty. Mrs. Schmidty played a great first game, and I can see Hoops drafting her as a wolf to challenge her and possibly throw us off with a newer player being a wolf. So I'm going with my gut here...

VOTE MRS. SCHMIDTY

Quote:
Vote for Mrs Schmidty

Quote:
Pass...it was a joke, didn't you see the smilie?????

I'm not sure, no one is sure of a day 1 vote, and we are rarely sure of a day 2 vote. Like I said in my original post/vote, I'm going with my gut.

Quote:
I'm out for a while, probably until after deadline...won't be moving my vote anyway so I'm not too concerned about missing it...

Quote:
UNVOTE MRS SCHMIDTY
VOTE HOOPSGUY

I'm still not convinced Mrs S isn't a wolf, but Hoops calling me out when I had a vote on Mrs S reeks of the exact same mistake that Alan made in the last game and he was a wolf. Once bitten, twice shy...

Quote:
Well, we are even then b/c I got you confused with Hoops, which I do all the freaking time! I have the same problem with Critch/Cringer/Crim

VOTE DADDYTORGO

Some of the above things make me wonder. First we get the idea of one female wolf being pushed and it seems that Mrs Schmidty becomes the target of attention. There may be more than just one wolf in the female four.

Take oliegirl's "I'm not changing my vote" followed by her switch to DT. Plus she votes for hoops, whose only role was picking the wolves. It seems a little too much like confusing PM's and accidentally outing oneself in the process.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:37 PM   #938
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I am home and catching up, if anyone cares.

I care!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:47 PM   #939
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I have to make a decision tonight but I really don't know who to go for. I was hoping some votes would already be thrown out there. Obviously i dont think there will be much momentum for Lathum... but there is hope for DaddyTorgo. But in the change that people will be unwilling to go after him again I am going to vote for Chief Rum. Not only did Chief have a vote for saldana late in the day, after it was obvious it was Lathum VS DT, but I compared him to DaddyTorgo in skill and respect. If I were hoops I would have picked either Chief, DT or maybe Pass... those three I hold in the same regard.

Vote Chief Rum
Old 06-25-2008, 07:49 PM   #940
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Some of the above things make me wonder. First we get the idea of one female wolf being pushed and it seems that Mrs Schmidty becomes the target of attention. There may be more than just one wolf in the female four.

Take oliegirl's "I'm not changing my vote" followed by her switch to DT. Plus she votes for hoops, whose only role was picking the wolves. It seems a little too much like confusing PM's and accidentally outing oneself in the process.

Did you mean to quote me in that?
Old 06-25-2008, 07:54 PM   #941
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I said I *think* it's villager-villager, not that I know -- actually, I *know* I said that -- it's in the post of mine that you quoted. Why is everyone throwing so much shit around in this game?

haha you noticed this too? After having such a good first game I feel a bit of pressure to perform well again. There seems to be a lot of emotion and it makes me heistant to be so vocal! There's a TON to read through too which makes it hard to read through the BS.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:28 PM   #942
RendeR
Coordinator

*yawns ignominously*

Are we done yet?
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:32 PM   #943
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I can't get past the accidental vote for hoops. I know it was explained off as a mistake but it just seems to be too coincidental because of hoops' initial role in this game.

vote oliegirl
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:07 PM   #944
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Eagle, ask anyone in this game, hell - ask DT and Hoops - I get them confused ALL the time! It's not the first time I've done that. Think what you want, but I'm a vanilla villager...it was a simple mistake, just like DT calling me out for what LSG said, a mix up, that's all.

Yes, I originally said I wasn't going to change my vote, but after DT made his error (which happened before I accidentally voted for Hoops), I thought back to the last game where Alan did the exact same thing - called me out for something I hadn't said, then when I asked him about it he said he'd made a mistake. That is why I said "once bitten, twice shy". So if you are going to vote me on that slip up, then you need to be willing to vote DT for it as well...and actually vote him first b/c his slip is what caused my slip.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:08 PM   #945
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Dola...and why did you quote LSG in a post full of quotes from me????
Old 06-25-2008, 09:25 PM   #946
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
just playing reckless *shrug*

like i've said - i just think the scenario kwhit layed out is compelling and it makes sense to lynch lathum.

just aggrivated by how everyone is leaping onto me based on these nebulous "feelings" that no one can even articulate any real evidence for.

Yeah, that happened to me last game. Of course, I was a wolf then, too.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:26 PM   #947
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Double dola...the other reason I got them mixed up is that Hoops is involved in Chief's draft on OT, which I am helping him run. So having him on that list of people, and then having a list of people over here - the names got mixed up in my head.

Note that NONE of these reasons mean I'm a wolf. Just a little scatterbrained every now and then...
Old 06-25-2008, 09:27 PM   #948
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Dammit Cheif - you ruined my double dola!!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:28 PM   #949
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
UNVOTE MRS SCHMIDTY
VOTE HOOPSGUY

Well, at least you voted for someone guaranteed to be rooting for the wolves.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:28 PM   #950
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dammit Cheif - you ruined my double dola!!!!

It's all in the wrist.