Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-26-2008, 12:14 PM   #1101
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
This is a question for both Lathum and Barkeep...

You both equally seem to be pushing the whole 1 of the 3 (Alan, BK, Lathum) isn't like the others approach in stating that no way Hoops passes up on all three.. In fact both of you have given it for a reason for a vote at least once even...

Hypothetically speaking, what would your response be if the other ended up being lynched and wasn't a wolf.. Since you've pushed for this theory (in BK's case 2 days) and now you suddenly see either BK or Lathum now lynched and turn up good along with me being good.. What defense do you use when alot of people suddenly want to use your own strategy against you and come after you as the only member of the 3 left not verified as good?

I actualy don't believe that theory at all, I was more using BK's logic against himself.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:15 PM   #1102
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I'm not ignoring your opinion from earlier Alan - but in my present condition, a vote for Lathum is the best vote that I can make.

I still believe that Kwhit's line of thinking bears exploring - if i can convince others of that and we can explore it via voting lathum off that's great - if not...a vote for lathum is still the best vote that i can make.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:15 PM   #1103
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
In my opinion, this run on Barkeep is not justified. What is the reasoning for this? He has been quiet this game. Is that the only reason? There were four straight votes on Barkeep and 5 out of 6. I am not sure what I make out of that.

My guess, since we didn't have a lynch on day 1 people feel a bit lost, I know I do. I don't really feel there is anything to go on with anyone. I don't want to spread the votes out, but these folks seem very much UTR to me, granted this is only my second game so I don't know the usual play style for these folks, or their work schedules etc.

Folks UTR:
Render
Clap (trying to be UTR)
SnDvls
Saldana
EagleFan
GoldenEagle

It wouldn't be the best strategy to just take them out going down the list, but it would be nice to know their roles in the game.

I have about an hour before I have to leave for work, I'll have a vote in before then.
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:16 PM   #1104
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I am trying to be UTR you are right cuz im sick of getting lynched early, so im TRYING to only say stuff when I have somethign to say

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:16 PM   #1105
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I actualy don't believe that theory at all, I was more using BK's logic against himself.

Who would you list as the next 'big 3' vets that hoops would most likely select for at least 1 (if not 2) of the wolves?

In a list of 6, I'd think there almost has to be at least 1 wolf.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:19 PM   #1106
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Who would you list as the next 'big 3' vets that hoops would most likely select for at least 1 (if not 2) of the wolves?

I'm really not a fan of this sort of thing becaue IMO it comes off a little elitist, but to answer your question.

Saldana
CR
SNDVLS

with Olie, Render and GE not far behind
Old 06-26-2008, 12:19 PM   #1107
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
my explanation for voting for EF is this, 3 people are pinging me (not that means alot, since i was sure Kwhitt was bad) they are Danny EF and BK. Danny has no votes, so nothign happenign there, BK just had a wild run on him, so EF was the obvious choise. as i said , its not a set vote, but i have to vote for someone

If BK is pinging you, then why would you vote for EagleFan? Wouldn't you just go ahead and vote for Barkeep. This is a very strange vote and your actions are a bit weird.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:20 PM   #1108
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post

i'd say myself, sndvls, and chief rum
Old 06-26-2008, 12:20 PM   #1109
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm really not a fan of this sort of thing becaue IMO it comes off a little elitist, but to answer your question.

Saldana
CR
SNDVLS

leaving me off the list?? that hurts my feelings!!
Old 06-26-2008, 12:21 PM   #1110
SnDvls
Pro Starter

both DT's and Lathum's lists are probally very fair lists of people.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:21 PM   #1111
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If BK is pinging you, then why would you vote for EagleFan? Wouldn't you just go ahead and vote for Barkeep. This is a very strange vote and your actions are a bit weird.

good point!
Old 06-26-2008, 12:21 PM   #1112
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I don't believe for one second that DT is the BG but UNLIKE BK voting for me I am not going to risk losing a valuable role by pushing the issue.

My vote on BK is based on the fact that despite the possibility I am the real seer he is pushing to vote me and thats not like him.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:22 PM   #1113
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

aaaah - but the crafty hooper may be like 14th level analysis and have picked all newbs along with someone like clap who's newbish to us, to guide them...he's a sick sick man
Old 06-26-2008, 12:24 PM   #1114
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:

Saldana
CR
SNDVLS

Me????? I'm shocked...and flattered! I don't consider myself a horrible player, but I don't consider myself a good player either, hopefully this means that when you see me signed up for a game you don't say "Oh damn, Olie is playing again...she sucks"
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:24 PM   #1115
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
14th level analysis

haha
Old 06-26-2008, 12:24 PM   #1116
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Saldana
CR
SNDVLS

i forgot to put DT in there.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:26 PM   #1117
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
Me????? I'm shocked...and flattered! I don't consider myself a horrible player, but I don't consider myself a good player either, hopefully this means that when you see me signed up for a game you don't say "Oh damn, Olie is playing again...she sucks"

if there was a most improved player you would get my vote and it's not even close.

BTW, wheres sea lion? did he not enjoy WW?
Old 06-26-2008, 12:28 PM   #1118
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

As I said before with no lynch yesterday I don't think we have too much to go on as far as wolves, though we did find out at least 2 of our roled villagers, but then again, the wolves also found them out too

I don't want to have another tied vote, so my vote is

VOTE BARKEEP
Old 06-26-2008, 12:28 PM   #1119
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

not at all, we learn much less from a runaway.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:30 PM   #1120
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Well now it's going to look like a pile-on, but out of the four choices Barkeep is the one I'm most distrustful of.

VOTE BARKEEP

You're more distrustful of BK than Lathum?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:30 PM   #1121
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Votes as of post 1118:

6 - Barkeep - Lathum (1052), PackerFanatic (1068), oliegirl (1072), mccollins (1079), Telle (1080), Mrs. Schmidty (1118)
3 - EagleFan - Chief Rum (1000), SnDvls (1069), claphasma (1084)
3 - Lathum - Danny (1015), Barkeep (1040), DaddyTorgo (1089)
2 - Chief Rum - LoneStarGirl (939), Render (1038)
1 - oliegirl - EagleFan (943)
1 - Mrs. Schmidty - Passacaglia (1035)
1 - saldana - Alan T (1044)
Old 06-26-2008, 12:31 PM   #1122
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
My guess, since we didn't have a lynch on day 1 people feel a bit lost, I know I do. I don't really feel there is anything to go on with anyone. I don't want to spread the votes out, but these folks seem very much UTR to me, granted this is only my second game so I don't know the usual play style for these folks, or their work schedules etc.

Folks UTR:
Render
Clap (trying to be UTR)
SnDvls
Saldana
EagleFan
GoldenEagle

It wouldn't be the best strategy to just take them out going down the list, but it would be nice to know their roles in the game.

I have about an hour before I have to leave for work, I'll have a vote in before then.

this list amuses me, at least the fact that I am on it anyway, considering I have more posts in the thread than your husband

you should have been around when i used to have single digit post numbers on day 3
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:31 PM   #1123
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Here are my people of interest at this time:

Passacaglia
mccollins
Chief Rum
SnDvls
Telle
Old 06-26-2008, 12:31 PM   #1124
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
For me it's just a gut instinct. And I don't have much for the other candidates although I'm still slightly suspicious of Lathum but not enough to vote for the potential seer again. I just wish I had been vote #3 instead of #5

Why were you more willing to vote for the potential seer yesterday than today?
Old 06-26-2008, 12:32 PM   #1125
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, so who do you all think I should scan today since my scanning of Telle wasn't well received
Old 06-26-2008, 12:32 PM   #1126
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post

No, it's not that, but to push Lathum I again am responsible for causing a tie, or at least getting it close. I really don't want another no lynch. It's lame I know, but I believed Lathum day 1, or at least wanted to give him a couple days to find out if he's the real seer or not.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:33 PM   #1127
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Pass.

Tell me the incentive for the BG to counter DT's reveal

To nab a wolf.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:33 PM   #1128
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
this list amuses me, at least the fact that I am on it anyway, considering I have more posts in the thread than your husband

you should have been around when i used to have single digit post numbers on day 3

LOL I forgot he was even playing, what does that say?
Old 06-26-2008, 12:33 PM   #1129
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Quote:

your really coming across as having an agenda
Old 06-26-2008, 12:34 PM   #1130
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

Yes. Lathum isn't high on my trust list.. but there is the possibility that he is the real seer. So for the moment I'm reluctantly putting him on the back burner.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:34 PM   #1131
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:

Also, how do we check post counts? I was just going by who seemed UTR to me.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:34 PM   #1132
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
if there was a most improved player you would get my vote and it's not even close.

BTW, wheres sea lion? did he not enjoy WW?

Awww, thanks Lathum! But if you turn out to be a wolf, I'm going to figure you are lying about this too! I've really really enjoyed playing and hope that I get to have "real" roles in more games - I've been the seer a few times, and the BG once or twice, but I've never been the Duke and only been a wolf once.

He liked it, he felt overwhelmed, it turned out to be a pretty involved game so I think he was in over his head. At first he said he wouldn't play again, but now he's wanting me to talk about the games and is saying he'll try it again sometime when there is a more simple game. He was going to play in the basic game that was just held, but had a lot going on with school and work so it was a bad time.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:34 PM   #1133
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

off to my meeting in a little. my night orders are in. i won't be back probably till i get home from work (meeting till 4 plus potentially drinks after)
Old 06-26-2008, 12:35 PM   #1134
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
aaaah - but the crafty hooper may be like 14th level analysis and have picked all newbs along with someone like clap who's newbish to us, to guide them...he's a sick sick man

I kinda did this myself in my head...if I were picking for the wolves whom would I pick.

I'd lean towards 1 vet type player to lead them, 1-2 advanced/yet not as well known players and 1-2 totally new/UTR players.

My thinking is that in most games the other vets quickly distrust eachother and those with roles will go after them 1st which is usually par for the course. (ie a seer scans someone like Barkeep on night 1 or a spy looks at Alan).

But then with AE drafting the villagers it can really get murky too.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:35 PM   #1135
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK, so who do you all think I should scan today since my scanning of Telle wasn't well received

Since you are so distrusting of DT in a potentially harmful way, I don't understand why you wouldn't use your supposed ability to try to remove doubt for yourself among people that you are eager to push for...

Likewise I can understand why you wouldn't have scanned DT yesterday (assuming he would be dead), but if that is the case, I'm not quite sure why you wouldn't have scanned BK to try to clear that up in your head instead.

I don't know if I'm going to be interested in joining you on a vote for anyone that you've pushed for multiple days, but chose not to try to clear up their allegiance in your own head at least.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:35 PM   #1136
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
To nab a wolf.

you are WAY to smart a player to not realize at some point if he is lying it will come out one way or the other so there is no reason for the BG to reveal.

Honestly you would be getting my vote today if I wasn't in danger.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:35 PM   #1137
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dola

and when i say orders i mean "my order + a conditional in case that person gets lynched"
Old 06-26-2008, 12:35 PM   #1138
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Also, how do we check post counts? I was just going by who seemed UTR to me.

Go back to the WW forum, and click the total post count on the right of this thread.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:36 PM   #1139
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
No, it's not that, but to push Lathum I again am responsible for causing a tie, or at least getting it close. I really don't want another no lynch. It's lame I know, but I believed Lathum day 1, or at least wanted to give him a couple days to find out if he's the real seer or not.

My post was actually directed to Telle. I found it odd that she voted BK over Lathum, when she voted Lathum yesterday.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:37 PM   #1140
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Go back to the WW forum, and click the total post count on the right of this thread.

Thanks!
Old 06-26-2008, 12:37 PM   #1141
saldana
Pro Starter

i am not sold on any of the candidates...my first choice would have been Chief Rum, but since he is not going to win the race, i am gonna make the safe play

vote alan t
Old 06-26-2008, 12:37 PM   #1142
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

I think Alan's move yesterday gave us the chance to take a step back and breathe for a moment. At that point part of me went "Wow, maybe we DID have two roled players on the block." So, I'm willing to put my doubts about Lathum's reveal to the side for now and look at other candidates.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:38 PM   #1143
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

What's my agenda? Don't YOU find it odd that Telle voted for you yesterday, but now prefers to vote BK?
Old 06-26-2008, 12:38 PM   #1144
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
not at all, we learn much less from a runaway.
I fully agree. I've learned over the past few games that it's better to keep it close even if it means not listening to your gut for the moment.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:39 PM   #1145
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes. Lathum isn't high on my trust list.. but there is the possibility that he is the real seer. So for the moment I'm reluctantly putting him on the back burner.

Didn't that possibility exist yesterday?
Old 06-26-2008, 12:40 PM   #1146
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

i agree with this....(i am sure everyone is suprised)...i dont remember Pass being so aggressive or so defensive, but i figured he may have changed tack a bit since the last time I played with him
Old 06-26-2008, 12:40 PM   #1147
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
i am not sold on any of the candidates...my first choice would have been Chief Rum, but since he is not going to win the race, i am gonna make the safe play

vote alan t

Is it not pretty much a known fact he is the duke (making him a villager)? Why would you vote for a villager?
Old 06-26-2008, 12:41 PM   #1148
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
you are WAY to smart a player to not realize at some point if he is lying it will come out one way or the other so there is no reason for the BG to reveal.

Honestly you would be getting my vote today if I wasn't in danger.

I wouldn't say that -- it's not like I'm in the Top 6 (or 7) or anything!
Old 06-26-2008, 12:42 PM   #1149
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Is it not pretty much a known fact he is the duke (making him a villager)? Why would you vote for a villager?

to keep a wolf kill out of the equation for him is my guess
Old 06-26-2008, 12:42 PM   #1150
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I think Alan's move yesterday gave us the chance to take a step back and breathe for a moment. At that point part of me went "Wow, maybe we DID have two roled players on the block." So, I'm willing to put my doubts about Lathum's reveal to the side for now and look at other candidates.

However, your vote for Lathum yesterday was placed before DT made his reveal. So whether or not TWO roled villagers were involved should not have been part of your thinking. I'll have to go back and verify this.