Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-26-2008, 12:43 PM   #1151
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Didn't that possibility exist yesterday?

Of course. But after a day's reflection my mental odds ratio of probable wolf versus probable seer has adjusted slightly so I'm now willing to wait a little before pursuing him further.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:43 PM   #1152
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i am not sold on any of the candidates...my first choice would have been Chief Rum, but since he is not going to win the race, i am gonna make the safe play

vote alan t

huh? safe play?
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:43 PM   #1153
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
What's my agenda? Don't YOU find it odd that Telle voted for you yesterday, but now prefers to vote BK?

you are trying aweful hard to get me lynched.

and I don't find it that odd, alot of people have changed their votes from yesterday ( Including you) so why call Telle out on it?

seems somewhat hypocritical
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:44 PM   #1154
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
both DT's and Lathum's lists are probally very fair lists of people.

I would also add Pass here too FYI
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:44 PM   #1155
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Is it not pretty much a known fact he is the duke (making him a villager)? Why would you vote for a villager?

Well the good news is if I feel that I don't like his move I can always take care of him personally

What Sndvls may be correct.. or on the other hand Saldana might be going to second level thinking and trying to play off to my better senses to prevent himself from being a duke victim at some point.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:44 PM   #1156
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
I wouldn't say that -- it's not like I'm in the Top 6 (or 7) or anything!

Aww... if it makes you feel better, you were in my top 6 - but that's because I've played with you and not some of these others!!

I'll say I think it's definitely wrong to gloss over you!
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:45 PM   #1157
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
you are trying aweful hard to get me lynched.

and I don't find it that odd, alot of people have changed their votes from yesterday ( Including you) so why call Telle out on it?

seems somewhat hypocritical

Actually, I'm accusing Telle of trying to get the seer lynched. You were the one who accused her of placing a vote on you that killed her, but now that it's going to be harder, she's not interested.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:46 PM   #1158
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
However, your vote for Lathum yesterday was placed before DT made his reveal. So whether or not TWO roled villagers were involved should not have been part of your thinking. I'll have to go back and verify this.

I said, it was AFTER Alan's move that I had those thoughts. When I voted for Lathum and through the deadline I was fairly certain that he was lying through his teeth. When Alan nixed the lynch I took a moment to reflect and realized that he might just have saved us all from screwing up big time. So as I've now said numerous times, I in no way fully trust Lathum but for the time being at least I'm not going to pursue him as a vote candidate.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:46 PM   #1159
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Actually, I'm accusing Telle of trying to get the seer lynched. You were the one who accused her of placing a vote on you that killed her, but now that it's going to be harder, she's not interested.

Replace 'killed her' with 'almost killed you' please -- thanks.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:46 PM   #1160
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

i should have included Pass.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:46 PM   #1161
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Well the good news is if I feel that I don't like his move I can always take care of him personally

What Sndvls may be correct.. or on the other hand Saldana might be going to second level thinking and trying to play off to my better senses to prevent himself from being a duke victim at some point.

I understand the move IF he has an important role and thus he can only be killed by one wolf, but it's not a teammate move in my book, maybe because I wished I would have thought of it to take the easy way out today
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:48 PM   #1162
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Pass- you are dodging the question that don't you think it is hypocritical that you changed your vote from yesterday but are calling out Telle for doing the same thing.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:49 PM   #1163
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
I understand the move IF he has an important role and thus he can only be killed by one wolf, but it's not a teammate move in my book, maybe because I wished I would have thought of it to take the easy way out today

Well I personally made the move I did yesterday because I knew my vote didn't have any impact on the lynch. I think to take that move today over an hour before the deadline when every vote does matter (both in voting history as well as to lynch someone) seems like the ultimate throw away vote. I already have been looking to lynch Saldana, I don't think I like his move today any further as it doesn't provide any voting history for him at all (other than any other throw away vote).
Old 06-26-2008, 12:50 PM   #1164
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I am hoping that tonight's kill will give us more information. I have my suspicions on just about everyone. But my past experience in WW has taught me to not to trust my gut feelings, as 99% of the time I am wrong.

There is just not a ton of information available. But like I said, I have a feeling tonight's kill will give us some info.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:51 PM   #1165
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
I said, it was AFTER Alan's move that I had those thoughts. When I voted for Lathum and through the deadline I was fairly certain that he was lying through his teeth. When Alan nixed the lynch I took a moment to reflect and realized that he might just have saved us all from screwing up big time. So as I've now said numerous times, I in no way fully trust Lathum but for the time being at least I'm not going to pursue him as a vote candidate.

Since Lathum has pressed me on it, I've come out with my opinion on it. I don't buy this -- you voted for Lathum 3 and a half hours before deadline, which gave you plenty of time to change your mind. I don't see how Alan's move should really affect your thinking on this -- it took that for you to not want to get the seer?

UNVOTE MRS. SCHMIDTY
VOTE TELLE
Old 06-26-2008, 12:52 PM   #1166
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
huh? safe play?

limiting the number of people who can kill me....alan is the only known quantitiy...if one accepts DT as the bodyguard, which i don't 100% buy, then i am still only able to be killed by the cunning wolf

same reason alan voted for himself yesterday, and why he is leaving his vote on me today....if he dies, then it was either the cunning wolf, or me...giving the village a legitimate, albeit wrong, lynch candidate the next day.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:54 PM   #1167
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Since Lathum has pressed me on it, I've come out with my opinion on it. I don't buy this -- you voted for Lathum 3 and a half hours before deadline, which gave you plenty of time to change your mind. I don't see how Alan's move should really affect your thinking on this -- it took that for you to not want to get the seer?

UNVOTE MRS. SCHMIDTY
VOTE TELLE

So out of curiosity, what is YOUR reason for voting for Lathum yesterday and not today? Hmmmm?
Old 06-26-2008, 12:54 PM   #1168
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
limiting the number of people who can kill me....alan is the only known quantitiy...if one accepts DT as the bodyguard, which i don't 100% buy, then i am still only able to be killed by the cunning wolf

same reason alan voted for himself yesterday, and why he is leaving his vote on me today....if he dies, then it was either the cunning wolf, or me...giving the village a legitimate, albeit wrong, lynch candidate the next day.

I don't see a play to determine the next lynch via who was killed as a great play at all until the cunning wolf has been found and killed. Until then that feels more like a wolf ploy to get us chasing ourselves in circles more than anything else.

Once the cunning wolf has been killed, by all means this will be an important discussion to have.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:54 PM   #1169
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Pass- you are dodging the question that don't you think it is hypocritical that you changed your vote from yesterday but are calling out Telle for doing the same thing.

Sorry, didn't mean to dodge it. I can see why you'd think that -- my reasoning was a bit different from Telle's. She just outright didn't believe you, while I just believed DT more (mine was after DT's reveal, Telle's was before). Plus, I was also angling for a tie, and hoping the masons would give us no lynch.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:54 PM   #1170
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well I personally made the move I did yesterday because I knew my vote didn't have any impact on the lynch. I think to take that move today over an hour before the deadline when every vote does matter (both in voting history as well as to lynch someone) seems like the ultimate throw away vote. I already have been looking to lynch Saldana, I don't think I like his move today any further as it doesn't provide any voting history for him at all (other than any other throw away vote).

rest assured that if my vote is needed it will go to one of the people on the block...you know damn well that I would not allow there to be a no lynch [/end subtle dig]
Old 06-26-2008, 12:55 PM   #1171
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
So out of curiosity, what is YOUR reason for voting for Lathum yesterday and not today? Hmmmm?

DT revealed as the bodyguard. Much better reasoning than your "I'm not getting a wolfy vibe from DT."
Old 06-26-2008, 12:56 PM   #1172
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I don't see a play to determine the next lynch via who was killed as a great play at all until the cunning wolf has been found and killed. Until then that feels more like a wolf ploy to get us chasing ourselves in circles more than anything else.

Once the cunning wolf has been killed, by all means this will be an important discussion to have.

this is pretty strong, considering your vote is on me...what makes your throwaway better than my throwaway?
Old 06-26-2008, 12:56 PM   #1173
saldana
Pro Starter

anyone got a count
Old 06-26-2008, 01:00 PM   #1174
st.cronin
General Manager

6 - Barkeep49 - Lathum (1052), PackerFanatic (1068), oliegirl (1072), mccollins (1079), Telle (1080), Mrs. Schmidty (1118)
3 - EagleFan - Chief Rum (1000), SnDvls (1065), claphamsa (1084)
3 - Lathum - Danny (1015), Barkeep49 (1040), DaddyTorgo (1089)
2 - Chief Rum - LoneStarGirl (939), RendeR (1038)
1 - oliegirl - EagleFan (943)
1 - saldana - Alan T (1044)
1 - Alan T - saldana (1141)
1 - Telle - Passacaglia (1165)

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:00 PM   #1175
saldana
Pro Starter

although i stand by my original plan, the IT department just called me and are coming over to disconnect my computer, so I have to get offline.

unvote alan t
vote chief rum
Old 06-26-2008, 01:00 PM   #1176
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:00 PM   #1177
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
DT revealed as the bodyguard. Much better reasoning than your "I'm not getting a wolfy vibe from DT."

So it would be better to just do what everyone else is doing? "Everyone's voting for DT, I should join in! Looks like fun!". I didn't believe Lathum's reveal, and I still have my doubts but I think Alan did a good thing in giving us some breathing room to reflect on our thoughts about the two reveals.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:00 PM   #1178
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
this is pretty strong, considering your vote is on me...what makes your throwaway better than my throwaway?

My "throwaway" occurred before the other candidates picked up steam and accompanied with thoughts on why I felt you would be a good vote today. No one else evidently agreed with me. Now if you would like to provide the same logic, then perhaps I won't call it a throw away
Old 06-26-2008, 01:02 PM   #1179
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I'm heading out to the pool for a couple of hours, I hate checking the board on my blackberry, it's really slow and looks weird, so I won't be back until after deadline.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:07 PM   #1180
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
So it would be better to just do what everyone else is doing? "Everyone's voting for DT, I should join in! Looks like fun!". I didn't believe Lathum's reveal, and I still have my doubts but I think Alan did a good thing in giving us some breathing room to reflect on our thoughts about the two reveals.

I can understand that (your last sentence, that is -- I don't know what you're talking about in the first two sentences). What is it today, then, that makes BK more distrustful to you?
Old 06-26-2008, 01:11 PM   #1181
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
My "throwaway" occurred before the other candidates picked up steam and accompanied with thoughts on why I felt you would be a good vote today. No one else evidently agreed with me. Now if you would like to provide the same logic, then perhaps I won't call it a throw away

but unless you change your vote then it is a throwaway
Old 06-26-2008, 01:11 PM   #1182
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
I can understand that (your last sentence, that is -- I don't know what you're talking about in the first two sentences). What is it today, then, that makes BK more distrustful to you?

The first two sentences have to do with why I didn't vote for DT. Basically I didn't have a reason to vote for him.

I'd say I still distrust Lathum more than BK, but for the time being I'm willing to wait on Lathum to see how this whole seer thing pans out. So then it comes down to Barkeep versus the other candidates.. and I feel more negative about him than any of the others. Mainly this is because I'm used to him giving really good in-depth analysis and I've seen very little this game. But I also don't know if he's changed his MO since I stopped playing last fall so I could be totally off base here.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:14 PM   #1183
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Well now it's going to look like a pile-on, but out of the four choices Barkeep is the one I'm most distrustful of.

VOTE BARKEEP

Telle, this post (1080) tells me otherwise.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:15 PM   #1184
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
but unless you change your vote then it is a throwaway

Then I guess you should weigh that appropriately when considering if you think I am good or bad I guess, since that is where we view how to rate throwaways. If it's enough for you to feel I'm evil then go ahead and try to push for my lynch.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:16 PM   #1185
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Telle, this post (1080) tells me otherwise.

Eh.. I should have qualified that with saying something about how I was reserving me doubts about Lathum. Basically it comes down to
"doubt of Barkeep" > ("doubt of lathum" - "potentiality for Lathum being a seer")
Old 06-26-2008, 01:23 PM   #1186
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Eh.. I should have qualified that with saying something about how I was reserving me doubts about Lathum. Basically it comes down to
"doubt of Barkeep" > ("doubt of lathum" - "potentiality for Lathum being a seer")

So today you're taking the potentiality for Lathum being a seer into account, but yesterday, you had no reason to vote DT (according to post 1182) -- so you weren't taking the potentiality for Lathum being a seer into account then?
Old 06-26-2008, 01:28 PM   #1187
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
So today you're taking the potentiality for Lathum being a seer into account, but yesterday, you had no reason to vote DT (according to post 1182) -- so you weren't taking the potentiality for Lathum being a seer into account then?

Yep. Yesterday I felt very certain that Lathum was lying. Now after more reflection I'm not as sure and am willing to wait on him.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:30 PM   #1188
Telle
College Starter

So half hour to deadline and no moves to try and save Barkeep and not even many people in the thread.. does this have meaning?
Old 06-26-2008, 01:36 PM   #1189
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So half hour to deadline and no moves to try and save Barkeep and not even many people in the thread.. does this have meaning?

hes gonna be pissed when he gets back?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 01:37 PM   #1190
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I am interested in saving Barkeep, but my vote alone will not do it. There is no other viable candidate for a lynch at this point. EagleFan might not be a bad pick. I will either vote for EagleFan or pin my vote onto Alan T for hopefully a little protection.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:38 PM   #1191
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
hes gonna be pissed when he gets back?

I just get nervous when there's not movement to save someone. Means we've likely caught a villager.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:40 PM   #1192
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

people alays talk about this, but i dont think ive ever seen the wolves move ot save someone late, unless it was endgame.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 01:40 PM   #1193
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I am interested in saving Barkeep, but my vote alone will not do it. There is no other viable candidate for a lynch at this point. EagleFan might not be a bad pick. I will either vote for EagleFan or pin my vote onto Alan T for hopefully a little protection.

Just like I said with Saldana, I'm going to be a bit disappointed in anyone who votes me for that reason. It could cause chaos for everyone to suddenly try to switch votes late onto me for protection, and there is no reason you should be any more protected then anyone else in my eyes.

As I have said already, the whole hub bub about protection so you can't be killed is just way overblown right now. Until the cunning wolf is caught, it is pretty meaningless. Plus if you think about it further, by being consistant with whom you go after for your vote, if something does happen later in the game to you it might provide a road map for your killer..

So if you would rather see BK not killed, then it is your choice to move to EF to try to save him (would make it a 2 vote game), but this voting me stuff is pointless and harmful.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:42 PM   #1194
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

My only reservation about voting for EagleFan is a hint that he made in a previous post. At this point, I don't want to vote for Barkeep or EagleFan as I believe that both of them are likely villagers. Lathum is not a good choice either.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:42 PM   #1195
Passacaglia
Coordinator

UNVOTE TELLE
VOTE EAGLEFAN
Old 06-26-2008, 01:43 PM   #1196
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
My only reservation about voting for EagleFan is a hint that he made in a previous post. At this point, I don't want to vote for Barkeep or EagleFan as I believe that both of them are likely villagers. Lathum is not a good choice either.

Then how about Chief Rum?
Old 06-26-2008, 01:43 PM   #1197
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Well Chief Rum has 3 votes also.. You have endless number of choices!
Old 06-26-2008, 01:43 PM   #1198
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

What's the hint? I honestly have very little read on either of them.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:44 PM   #1199
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Ah, I didn't realize CR had 3 votes also. Oh well.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:44 PM   #1200
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
J
As I have said already, the whole hub bub about protection so you can't be killed is just way overblown right now. Until the cunning wolf is caught, it is pretty meaningless. Plus if you think about it further, by being consistant with whom you go after for your vote, if something does happen later in the game to you it might provide a road map for your killer.

How is it worthless? If I vote for Player X today and he is a wolf, but not the cunning wolf, he can still kill me down the road. Say we get lucky and lynch the cunning wolf today. If I vote for a random player like clap, then I would make myself an easy kill tonight.