Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-28-2007, 10:31 AM   #801
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Sorry, I'm not revealing my role at this time. It's foolish to think that I, as a veteran player, would make things so easy for the wolves. You've only got one vote on you, and I've said its not a vote I'm married to. Do you think ITC is a better candidate? Who else pings your radar? Give me something to go on, other than being all defensive.

Here is what I think:

The most important thing we can do, right now, is find a judge because he offers us a considerable amount of power in a day action that we can monitor. I think hoopsguy is a good choice, at this point. I have reason to believe he is, at worst, not evil.

I have my eye on two players for lynch right now, based on the way they acted/said things yesterday (I need to see more from them, before naming anyone) and two more that I would be alright with if we voted for them (Blade and Chief), as I know they are not on the side of good and I think their actions will be detrimental to our side, at some point.

I'd hate to vote for Chief because his role is fun to have in the game and it isn't really fair to kill him because he has a public role, but I also have to believe that he is holding on to and has access to a large chunk of money and, at some point, that money is going to become attractive to someone and end up in the wrong hands.

I would rather not vote for Blade, as I don't think he is bad (although he could be playing it up, a bit), but if his frustration with losing his money and his chance at a major win was sincere yesterday, I don't really think he is out to help anyone, but Blade. And, in that case, I'd rather give our potential seers and detectives another day to collect information, rather than taking a random stab at a mafia member.

Maybe not the most popular opinions to be speaking aloud about, but that is where my thought process is right now.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:34 AM   #802
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

why has no one said anything about JE's late vote for me if he hadnt done that it would have been atleast a tie
ImTheCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:35 AM   #803
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheCrew View Post
why has no one said anything about JE's late vote for me if he hadnt done that it would have been atleast a tie

I have, and he is somewhat down on my trust list also.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:36 AM   #804
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheCrew View Post

I pointed it out earlier this morning.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:36 AM   #805
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

i cant find it Cronin do you know the post #
Old 02-28-2007, 10:38 AM   #806
st.cronin
General Manager

post #790

knives out
Old 02-28-2007, 10:41 AM   #807
hoopsguy
General Manager

ImTheCrew, I noted Jonathan's vote when I did my recap's of yesterday's vote. It was one of the ones that stood out the most to me and he would be on my short list of people to vote for right now.

With the nature of information flow - that actions can take place over 24 hours instead of just at night - I'm hoping that more information emerges to help with a voting choice. I get that some folks have other commitments that will potentially keep them from being here to act on that info, and won't begrudge that. But I'm not in rush-to-judgement mode yet today.

Except, of course, for Barkeep49. I don't trust that guy.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:42 AM   #808
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Except, of course, for Barkeep49. I don't trust that guy.

What about Barkeep48?

knives out
Old 02-28-2007, 10:44 AM   #809
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

Quote:
What about Barkeep48?
lol has he stated why hes putting the whole name?
Old 02-28-2007, 10:47 AM   #810
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yeah, I'll find the post if you are interested.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:48 AM   #811
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
hoops, you have now avoided the question twice...why are you referring to people by their proper names this game?

Quote:
ooc: For my own amusement, more than anything else. There is no role-based motive for doing so - I don't get "points" for sticking a 6119 on your name or anything like that

ic: As a way to get people to frigging call me hoopsguy from time to time, instead of hoops, or H, or h-guy, or whatever the flavor of the month is in these parts. I like full names, and you should like yours as well since you signed up for it when you first arrived at Ef O'Efcee.

re: full name usage.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:50 AM   #812
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

Quote:
re: full name usage.
oh ok i see, what does OOC mean
Old 02-28-2007, 10:59 AM   #813
st.cronin
General Manager

ic = in character
ooc = out of character

Its not clear to me what character hoops is trying to portray, though.

knives out
Old 02-28-2007, 11:11 AM   #814
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Its not the late vote, per se, Swaggs. I don't think there's ever been a game where I was suspicious of you, for that or any other reason - I'm not your nemesis. And like you I have a busy day ahead of me, so I wanted to get a vote in. I'm perfectly happy to move it to a better candidate. I'm simply using occam's razor - we know one (at a minimum) of the people claiming to vote for Anxiety is lying.

For now, I think you and ITC are the best candidates.

I agree that Swaggs is a good candidate for todays judge but with his busy schedule he wouldn't be able to sign warrants or any of the judgy duties until late, so I won't be voting for him today. I definitly wont be voting for DC, Blade or Hoops just because they are all pros at being bad and I dont feel like being tricked this game.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:14 AM   #815
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I agree that Swaggs is a good candidate for todays judge but with his busy schedule he wouldn't be able to sign warrants or any of the judgy duties until late, so I won't be voting for him today. I definitly wont be voting for DC, Blade or Hoops just because they are all pros at being bad and I dont feel like being tricked this game.

Wow, did you misunderstand what I was doing. My vote for Swaggs was for LYNCH.

knives out
Old 02-28-2007, 11:17 AM   #816
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Okay well I read Cronin's post wrong, He thinks swaggs is good for a lynch candidate, not Judge. So we disagree there. I am leaning towards JE or path for today because JE did have a vote for ITC, who is an amateur and Path because i dont like him
Old 02-28-2007, 11:19 AM   #817
Swaggs
Coordinator

Yo Alan!

Where's my paper?
Old 02-28-2007, 11:19 AM   #818
Swaggs
Coordinator

Hmmm.... it would suck if there is a paperboy or reporter job and they got killed...
Old 02-28-2007, 11:21 AM   #819
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

gotcha Cronin. I am grading papers at the same time.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:22 AM   #820
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The Big City Herald
Volume 8

Big East Meet

The first NCAA men's bball matchup in the Big City Arena was a huge hit, so on short notice it appears that a second deal was reached and another game will be seen there tonight. 7pm EST Villanova meets University of Connecticut. For those that plan on attending the game, the first 2000 fans will receive a free Schmidty bobblehead doll.

Pickpocket gives the Police the finger

Well the fingerprint at least. The Big City Police deparment reported today that they were able to identify various fingerprints at a recent crime scene. Currently the owner of the fingerprint is still unknown, but the detectives appear to be making progress in the case.

Big City Court, Night edition

Over night, a grass roots campaign appears to have propelled an early leader for the city's open judge seat. It appears one candidate has received 66.7% of all votes cast today thus far. Still not even half way to having enough votes to be elected, it at least is a promising sign that the citizens want change.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:26 AM   #821
st.cronin
General Manager

Hilarious that somebody has voted for a judge other than hoops.

knives out
Old 02-28-2007, 11:27 AM   #822
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I have officially voted hooops as our judge

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:37 AM   #823
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

Ive Voted for Hoops aswell
Old 02-28-2007, 11:38 AM   #824
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I'm sending in my hoops vote now as well
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:46 AM   #825
path12
Coordinator

Nothing like peer pressure to drive a secret ballot.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:49 AM   #826
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Chances are a few of these people are lying
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:58 AM   #827
path12
Coordinator

Can someone inform me exactly what hoo has done to warrant judgeship besides being careless with his computer?

Besides having Cronin push his candidacy with vague threats that anyone not following orders is either obtuse or evil........
Old 02-28-2007, 11:58 AM   #828
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I am not going to vote for him right now.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:00 PM   #829
Swaggs
Coordinator

I voted for hoopsguy before the paper came out.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:03 PM   #830
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Can someone inform me exactly what hoo has done to warrant judgeship besides being careless with his computer?

Besides having Cronin push his candidacy with vague threats that anyone not following orders is either obtuse or evil........

Based on what knowledge is available for the judge, I believe we will have a good understanding as to what decisions he/she makes. If he/she acts against the public, we can vote them out and look to lynch them. I believe those two checks will keep most judges on the up-and-up. Going another day without a judge is going to hurt us down the road, as we are cutting off our opportunities.

Quote:
The Big City Judge:

During the course of each day, a judge may issue one of each type of actions:

1) Issue search warrant [Include location]
2) Issue arrest warrant [Include player]
3) Sentence/Free player [include player.] (Player must have previously been arrested.)

A warrant is only good until the following day cycle ends. A Warrant issued at 8:59pm EST on Tuesday will be valid until 9:00pm EST on Wednesday. A warrant issued at 9:01pm EST on Tuesday will be valid until 9:00pm EST on Thursday. Any arrested player must be sentenced by the game cycle following their arrest, or they will automatically be set free. A player arrested at 8:59pm EST on Tuesday must be sentenced by 9:00pm EST on Wednesday or they will be set free. A player arrested at 9:01pm EST on Tuesday must be sentenced by 9:00pm EST on Thursday night or they will be set free.

When a player is sentenced guilty, they will be removed from the game regardless of what the sentence is for.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:04 PM   #831
Tyrith
College Starter

I can now confirm there are at least three different detectives that have been in the game at some point.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:05 PM   #832
Marathoner
High School JV

Busy day, not sure if I will make it back in. I am still not convince BK is a mafioso, but I have no one better to choose from.

VOTE BARKEEP49

Sent in judge vote for hoopsguy too.
Marathoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:05 PM   #833
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

He was a candidate we could seem to agree on. And it also gives us someone very specific to blame if he screws up (looking at you cronin).
Old 02-28-2007, 12:12 PM   #834
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

FWIW I voted for myself early yesterday and then unvoted myself and voted anxiety.

I am not sold on hoops being the judge but it appears a runaway at this point so that is probably where my vote will go.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:15 PM   #835
path12
Coordinator

I'd feel better if the people driving the candidacy were people I actually had some modicum of trust for. But hey, that's just me.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:16 PM   #836
path12
Coordinator

Dola, that's not a reflection on hoo, I have no opinion on him either way.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:17 PM   #837
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

I'm going off what a lot of others are saying that seems very reasonable to me.

if he was bad would he really call the cops? I don't think he would
so that bumps him up a notch for me.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:19 PM   #838
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
I'm going off what a lot of others are saying that seems very reasonable to me.

if he was bad would he really call the cops? I don't think he would
so that bumps him up a notch for me.

OF course he would so that people think exacly what you are thinking.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:20 PM   #839
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
OF course he would so that people think exacly what you are thinking.

I guess I'm just niave or dumb then to think that way then. I think we will see if he is elected with how he performs his duties.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:21 PM   #840
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
I'd feel better if the people driving the candidacy were people I actually had some modicum of trust for. But hey, that's just me.

I don't think you are evil or anything, but you are doing a good job of sitting back, relaxing, and then second guessing in this game.

You and a hanful of other guys apparently recognized beforehand that we were preparing to lynch a detective, which some of us clearly missed unless you think everyone that voted for ntn was mafia.

Today, you have been on and not pushed or promoted anyone for judge and now that someone has emerged, you are second guessing that, as well.

How about putting some opinions or information out there, for the rest of us beforehand, so that you can have a little bit of say in the decision making process in this city and then you can also have some accountability if you make mistakes, as well.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:23 PM   #841
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I don't think you are evil or anything, but you are doing a good job of sitting back, relaxing, and then second guessing in this game.

You and a hanful of other guys apparently recognized beforehand that we were preparing to lynch a detective, which some of us clearly missed unless you think everyone that voted for ntn was mafia.

Today, you have been on and not pushed or promoted anyone for judge and now that someone has emerged, you are second guessing that, as well.

How about putting some opinions or information out there, for the rest of us beforehand, so that you can have a little bit of say in the decision making process in this city and then you can also have some accountability if you make mistakes, as well.

Seconded.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:24 PM   #842
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Dola, that's not a reflection on hoo, I have no opinion on him either way.

A perfect and timely example of exactly what I am talking about in my prior post.

Why don't you form an opinion on him and share it with the rest of us? That is all that any of us have to work from.

If you don't have an opinion on him being a good judge, who would make a good judge and why?

You can sit back and play your violin while the city burns, or you can do something about it before it is too late.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:30 PM   #843
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

BETTING IS CLOSED!!!

The bettors have spoken and today's game will pick Villanova to go into UConn and pull out the win. It figures to be a tough game. Nova has been more generally impressive this season and are the older, more tested team. UConn is younger, has eeked out more than its fair share of wins, and has been inconcistent. But, like Oklahoma State, they are desperate and need the win. Will it be enough? The bettors say no.

Good luck everyone!
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:32 PM   #844
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

You don't think I've had opinions? I've hardly been sitting back relaxing here, what I've been trying to do (without any apparent success) is to point out a couple of things:

First, it is in the interest of the bad guys to set one of their own up as judge.

Second, there are a lot of very smart and experienced players who let what seems to be to have been a pretty obvious hint go by.....and I'm the first to admit that I miss a lot of hints. I found it even more suspicious how quickly some of those people (who normally jump all over these things) were willing to give those who ensured that lynch a pass.

Third, some of those very same people who were poo-pooing the lynch are now driving the idea that everyone must fall into place and vote for hoops and if not you are somehow against either law and order or evil.......this goes back to point one, that there is nothing the bad guys would like more than to have one of theirs in that spot.

Since nobody else is apparently willing to point this out, I've taken it onto myself.

As for who I think might be a better choice than the person Cronin (who I do not trust) is pushing for?

DaddyTorgo switched his vote after the ntn reveal. That's one. I still think Blade is the one of the nearest people we have to a known good. That's another.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:32 PM   #845
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

VOTE BARKEEP

I don't have very many candidates I like for lynching, so I will go today with the guy who badmouthed the business yesterday and got some talk from others. I would switch in a second if a stronger candidate emerged. But I am leaving for the day. Nothing to do about that.

Also, I sent in a vote for hoops.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:34 PM   #846
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
You can sit back and play your violin while the city burns, or you can do something about it before it is too late.

Or you can all just continue to sheepishly follow the herd and avoid making decisions for yourself.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:38 PM   #847
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Or you can all just continue to sheepishly follow the herd and avoid making decisions for yourself.

As opposed to you, who can continue to insist on not following the herd, not getting a judge elected, and not presenting any kind of alternatives :P
Old 02-28-2007, 12:42 PM   #848
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
You don't think I've had opinions? I've hardly been sitting back relaxing here, what I've been trying to do (without any apparent success) is to point out a couple of things:

First, it is in the interest of the bad guys to set one of their own up as judge.

Second, there are a lot of very smart and experienced players who let what seems to be to have been a pretty obvious hint go by.....and I'm the first to admit that I miss a lot of hints. I found it even more suspicious how quickly some of those people (who normally jump all over these things) were willing to give those who ensured that lynch a pass.

Third, some of those very same people who were poo-pooing the lynch are now driving the idea that everyone must fall into place and vote for hoops and if not you are somehow against either law and order or evil.......this goes back to point one, that there is nothing the bad guys would like more than to have one of theirs in that spot.

Since nobody else is apparently willing to point this out, I've taken it onto myself.

As for who I think might be a better choice than the person Cronin (who I do not trust) is pushing for?

DaddyTorgo switched his vote after the ntn reveal. That's one. I still think Blade is the one of the nearest people we have to a known good. That's another.

I disagree about the mafia wanting one of their own as a judge. I think they would prefer to do exactly what they did yesterday, have a frontrunner with a few other players in the running as a anonymous tossaway votes. If one of their own acts as judge, they would have to answer to the masses if they make poor decisions. No judge is better than a mafia controlled judge, in my opinion.

It is good that you have finally tossed your support behind someone for judge, but you very well know that you should have declared that you liked DT or Blade yesterday and really pushed for him from the beginning of the cycle if you wanted one of them to have a chance. I think DT would be a solid choice, as well. I think hoops will be fine and, as I said earlier, I think he is, at worst, a neutral player in this game. Blade, I'm not so sure of, based on some of his comments yesterday (which could have been legitimate or could have been dekes).

I disagree about it being an obvious hint. In the midst of what everyone else was saying, it was not obvious to me and many others. If ntn or anyone else clearly saw that he was going down and did nothing about it, I question that choice. Yes, it would suck to have an outted detective, but it is preferable to a deceased detective. There were several of us on near the deadline that could have swung things in the last 15 minutes, when it was apparent that it was likely to be ntn.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:42 PM   #849
Tyrith
College Starter

Also, I'd like to point out we've had two lynch votes for BK snuck in here without anyone really commenting.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:44 PM   #850
Tyrith
College Starter

No way the mafia actually want one of their own as a judge. From what I can tell behind the scenes there is a lot of information to be had and it'd be very easy for a judge in power to have their entire past sniffed out and dumped on the front lawn for us all to see.