Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-10-2006, 06:12 PM   #1
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Neuq's Football Gambling Dynasty

Just for fun, I put $25 into a new BoDog account just to make the football season more interesting.. With their 10% bonus, I had $27.50 to work with. I fully expect to lose all my money by week 3.

My problem, and I need to fix it, is that I tend to make bets on a rush without thinking things through and early on that's exactly what I did and lost money right off the bat.

Bet #1:

2 Team Parlay -
Penn State (-9) vs. Notre Dame
Cal over Minnesota - Moneyline

Risk $5.00 to win $7.02

Result: LOSS

I guess I gave PSU a little too much credit after their beating of Akron and Notre Dame's shaky week one performance against Georgia Tech. It's a shame.

Balance: $22.50
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?

Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 06:18 PM   #2
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Bet #2:

Another Parlay -
Buffalo Bills vs. New England Patriots - Under 41
New England Patriots - Money Line

Risk $5.50 to win $6.75

Result: WIN

Wow, got extremely lucky on this one. After the first half I already had this one marked as a loss after Buffalo had a 17-7 lead or something along those lines. Then somehow NE shuts out Buffalo in the second half and after tying it, they score a safety which makes the final 19-17, win!

Balance: $29.25
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?

Last edited by Neuqua : 09-10-2006 at 07:04 PM.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:23 PM   #3
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Bet #3:

Football - NFL Halftimes (2H)
Chicago Bears Pick (-140) vs. Green Bay Packers

Risk $5.00 to win $3.57

The Bears were all over the Packers in the first half, 16-0 and I just saw nothing from the Packers to make me think the trend wouldn't continue in the second half. They ended up winning 10-0, and I notch another win.

Balance: $32.82

Last edited by Neuqua : 09-10-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:28 PM   #4
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Bet #4:

Jacksonville Jaguars +2 (-105) vs. Dallas Cowboys

Risk $5.84 to win $5.56

Again, a real slow start had the Jaguars down 10-0 after the first quarter. They answered with 24 unanswered points straight and took a 24-17 lead late into the 4th quarter. Bledsoe throws an interception on the last drive with under a minute left and I pull out yet another squeaker.

Balance: $38.38

Last edited by Neuqua : 09-10-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:31 PM   #5
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Bet #5:

San Francisco 49ers vs. Arizona Cardinals Over 44

Risk $5.65 to win $5.14

This seemed like an easy bet. Arizona has an outstanding offense and neither team is really known much for their defensive play. Won this won rather easily by the time the 3rd quarter came along.

Balance: $43.52

Last edited by Neuqua : 09-10-2006 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:43 PM   #6
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Bet #6:

San Diego Chargers -3 (EVEN) vs. Oakland Raiders

Risk $5.00 to win $5.00

Thoughts: I think San Diego is a very solid team and though its tough to give up points in Oakland, I think they'll pull through.

Balance: $48.07

Last edited by Neuqua : 09-12-2006 at 12:03 AM.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:53 PM   #7
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Bet #7:

Indianapolis Colts vs. New York Giants - Under 48

Risk $5.00 to win $4.55

Thoughts: Without Edgerrin, we'll see if Peyton and crew miss a beat on offense. They're playing against a very solid defense in New York and so I'm going to go with the under in this game. This seems to be a rather popular pick lately however which I take as a bad sign. We'll see I guess.

Got lucky yet again. I honestly felt like Eli was going to mount a late comeback and provide a true feel good story against his older brother but due to the referees taking time off the clock, he simply ran out of time. Bad for Giants fans, good for me.

Balance: $48.07

Old 09-11-2006, 06:01 PM   #8
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Bet #8

Minnesota Vikings @ Washington Redskins - Moneyline

Risked $5.00 to win $2.38

Thoughts: Just wanted some more excitement in watching the game, I already have a bet set up for the later game and just placed one right before kickoff on this one as well. I figure it being 9/11, the game being in Washington, the Redskins should be able to prevail. I really wanted to take the under in this game (36) but passed up on it. We'll see if it pays off.

Result: LOSS

Sigh. Should have listened to my instincts and taken the under. Final scoure 19-16 Vikings.

Balance: 48.07

Old 09-12-2006, 12:06 AM   #9
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Overall for the weekend: 6-2

College Football : 0-1
NFL : 6-1

Not a bad weekend. Up about $21 dollars on my original $27 investment.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:18 PM   #10
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Man, I don't usually like betting on teams I root for, but giving 9 points to Detroit is an awful lot at first glance.

Detroit (+9) @ Chicago

Anyone else think that might be a legitimate bet? I'm holding off for now, to see if the line moves in Detroit's favor again (started off at 8) but I'll definetly keep an eye out..
Old 09-13-2006, 08:51 PM   #11
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
Man, I don't usually like betting on teams I root for, but giving 9 points to Detroit is an awful lot at first glance.

Detroit (+9) @ Chicago

Anyone else think that might be a legitimate bet? I'm holding off for now, to see if the line moves in Detroit's favor again (started off at 8) but I'll definetly keep an eye out..

I have no idea on the Detroit/Chicago game.

I saw some of the Chicago/Green Bay game, and to be honest it seemed that the biggest factor in the Chicago win was how bad Green Bay was. I didn't get a good sense of how good Chicago is.

I didn't see more than two plays of the Detroit/Seattle game. I have no idea how Detroit was able to stay in that game until the end. Are they improved, or has Seattle regressed? Or some combination of the two?

If I were to bet on the game, I'd probably go with Detroit because I'd rather have and unknown factor plus points than have an unknown factor and give up points. This might change as I read more, but I'll likely stay away from this game.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:01 PM   #12
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Thanks for the input GB..

I think in the end I am going to stay away from the game but the impressions I got were basically the same of yours.

Not that the Bears are not a great team, but their dominance had a lot to do with how bad Green Bay was. To put it mildly, they plain stunk up the place. I feel like Detroit has improved itself over the offseason and are not going to be the laughingstock of the league as they have been the past couple years. Them competing as well as they did against Seattle may (or may not) vouch for me, I don't know.

If I had to pick would definetly take the points with Detroit, but I have a feeling I'm going to invoke my "don't bet on home teams" rule here just so I can celebrate as much as everyone else if the Bears do happen to blow Detroit out for the second straight week.

Any lines looking bet worthy for yourself GB?
Old 09-14-2006, 01:14 PM   #13
primelord
Pro Rookie

FWIW when the line was still 8.5 I teased Chicago down to -2.5 with Seattle down to -1.
primelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:17 PM   #14
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Bet

Maryland (+18.5) vs. West Virginia

Risked $5.07 to win $4.61

Thoughts: The public is ALL OVER WVU in this game. I've read almost 90% of the public money is going towards the Mountaineers. I can see WVU winning by about two touchdowns but I think MD covers the spread here. From what I read the big two in WVU's offense are not 100% healthy, so the coaching staff may want to rest them a bit in the second half if they have a comfortable lead.

RESULT: LOSS

Balance: $43.00

Last edited by Neuqua : 09-15-2006 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:00 AM   #15
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
The public is ALL OVER WVU in this game. I've read almost 90% of the public money is going towards the Mountaineers.

There is a reason for that ya know.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:48 AM   #16
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by primelord View Post
There is a reason for that ya know.

Yea, figures. Though the Maryland coach cost me the money by not just kicking a freaking field goal on 4th and 6 late in the fourth quarter...
Old 09-15-2006, 01:52 AM   #17
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Yea, figures. Though the Maryland coach cost me the money by not just kicking a freaking field goal on 4th and 6 late in the fourth quarter...

Yeah those kind of things can drive you nuts in sports betting. Last year I was in Vegas during the football season and I had a bet on Dallas at -7 over the 49ers. The Cowboys were losing for the majority of this game, but Bledsoe hits Keyshawn for a TD inside the two minute warning and with the 2 point conversion they go up by 3. That's all fine and good, but I am still going to lose my bet. The only hope is for a freak int that gets returned for a TD.

5 plays in Rattay hits Dat Nguyen right in the numbers and Dat has nothing but green field in front of him and only and only 45 yards or so to run. The sports book at the Wynn goes ape shit because suddenly all those Cowboys bets are going to make miracle cover. Now defenders always take these to the house when given the chance. They only get so many opporunities to score so they never concern themselves with running up the score. Except of course for effing Dat Nguyen. In a show of sportsmanship he just falls to the ground after about 10 yards. The Cowboys win by 3 and everyone who bet the BOys lose their bet. Freakin Dat Nguyen.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:23 PM   #18
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Bet

Reds @ Cubs - Moneyline

Risk $5.00 to win $6.70

RESULT: LOSS

I'm an idiot. Never bet on a baseball game. Especially when your team sucks.

Balance: $38.00
Old 09-15-2006, 04:26 PM   #19
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Bet

Parley
Kansas @ Toledo -3 (-135)
Akron -1/2 (-130) @ Central Michigan

Risk $5.00 to win $10.40

Result: TBD

Balance: $33.00

Last edited by Neuqua : 09-15-2006 at 04:26 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:29 PM   #20
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Bet

Kansas @ Toledo Ov. 26½ Pts (-125)

Risk: Risk $6.26 to win $5.01

Balance: $26.74

Last edited by Neuqua : 09-16-2006 at 05:29 AM.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:31 PM   #21
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Bet

St. Louis Rams -3 (-115) @ San Francisco 49ers

Risk $5.00 to win $4.35

Balance: 21.74
Old 09-15-2006, 04:44 PM   #22
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

*Random Fun Parley of the Week*

5 Team Teaser #44619499
Football - NFL Lines (Game)

NFL WEEK 2
Indianapolis Colts -7
(Teased 7.0 points)

Chicago Bears -2
(Teased 7.0 points)

Seattle Seahawks Pick
(Teased 7.0 points)

New England Patriots +½
(Teased 7.0 points)

Denver Broncos -4
(Teased 7.0 points)

Risk $5.00 to win $17.50

Balance: $16.74
Old 09-15-2006, 07:57 PM   #23
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
*Random Fun Parley of the Week*

5 Team Teaser #44619499
Football - NFL Lines (Game)

NFL WEEK 2
Indianapolis Colts -7
(Teased 7.0 points)

Chicago Bears -2
(Teased 7.0 points)

Seattle Seahawks Pick
(Teased 7.0 points)

New England Patriots +½
(Teased 7.0 points)

Denver Broncos -4
(Teased 7.0 points)

Risk $5.00 to win $17.50

Balance: $16.74
GL on the Parlay. I have a 4 teamer this weekend that will net me 62 on a 5 bet. The first bet I made.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote