Thanks hoops! Night results coming.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:53 PM   #202
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Glengoyne, why did you attack LSG so hard? I think you need to start coming up with a defense and giving us a better reason than I am a villager. That defense does not really work in WW that well. Give us some sort of information that can be useful. I have an open mind but it is closing quickly.

Bek, your random vote is interesting. It is almost like you are not trying to be tied to a voting record. Any thoughts?

*attaches self to GE cuz he was quite right in the last game we played even though being brand new like me*

Let's hear an actual reason Glengoyne, you seemed like your feeling was quite sure. and if it was just a feeling...we'll you'll learn that's not enough to be that definitive in your wording.

Bek has seemed a little "off" to me since the beginning when he came out with that whole huge "mayor rp" inviting us all into the village and stuff. And for all he's posted he hasn't actually put forth that many intelligent thought-out posts.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:09 PM   #203
hoopsguy
General Manager

Welcome back, St. Cronin.

Good luck to all the rest of the way.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:12 PM   #204
st.cronin
General Manager

slight delay in night results

knives out
Old 10-04-2006, 09:21 PM   #205
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

You should change the name of the thread.... I still wanna play
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:29 PM   #206
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i have a feeling i might die. just because i've been very vocal. if i have, take a close look at those I suspect: Neuqua, Packerfanatic, Oliegirl, Izulde and I guess Glengoyne and Bek.

Those I trust were pretty much those who were on around deadline (excepting those who i named above). But even those 2 I just said I trust I'm not entirely sure of, I'm still new at this too.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:30 PM   #207
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i wonder if the herbalist might not be one of the quiet people too. trying to fly below the radar to keep people safe and themselves safe?
Old 10-04-2006, 09:36 PM   #208
st.cronin
General Manager

You awake at dawn. One of you is missing! PackerFanatic is discovered in his home, eaten by wolves!

Day 3 has begun, voting deadline 8:30 pm EST

knives out
Old 10-04-2006, 09:38 PM   #209
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oyyyy...PackerFanatic? where's the logic there? guess they're cherry-picking and trying to hit the herbalist now that they've knocked off the more vetty players??
Old 10-04-2006, 09:41 PM   #210
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
oyyyy...PackerFanatic? where's the logic there? guess they're cherry-picking and trying to hit the herbalist now that they've knocked off the more vetty players??

I don't think they are using any method really. I think they are trying to be random.

So, there are 9 folks left. If 2 are wolves, we're down to 7 people. If 3 are wolves, we have 6. I can't imagine there being more than 3 wolves. Regardless, we need to be right tomorrow night.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:45 PM   #211
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I don't think they are using any method really. I think they are trying to be random.

So, there are 9 folks left. If 2 are wolves, we're down to 7 people. If 3 are wolves, we have 6. I can't imagine there being more than 3 wolves. Regardless, we need to be right tomorrow night.

yep. couldn't agree more.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:56 PM   #212
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:

Pretty much. The longer we go without being able to find any wolves, the less and less likely we have a chance at winning this game.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:00 PM   #213
spleen1015
Coordinator

Bek is the only person who hasn't voted for one of the lynched villagers.

lighthousekeeper didn't vote for LSG, but he missed the first vote, so I am not including him as one who didn't vote for either lynching victim.

Based on the assumption that there are 3 wolves, I think this would be a good strategy to have one who isn't voting with the majority.

I also don't like the idea that Izulde is the only person to have voted for each lynching victim, either.

What these 2 facts show me is a pattern of someone who knows who the good and bad guys are. It could be totally coinicidental, but I don't think so.

What really sucks is we don't have a first vote from 3 people to go by right now.

The only thing I am sure of is I am the only person I can trust.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:10 PM   #214
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

It sounds like you are wanting to hint at something spleen, but you just can not spit it out?
Old 10-04-2006, 10:16 PM   #215
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

i certainly can't make any sense of spleen's post.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:25 PM   #216
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

spleen is driving at either vote Bek or vote Izulde
Old 10-04-2006, 10:26 PM   #217
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

or i suppose not voting for them
Old 10-04-2006, 11:00 PM   #218
spleen1015
Coordinator

Basically, I was saying that I think Bek and Izulde are howling at the moon!
Old 10-04-2006, 11:04 PM   #219
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Basically, I was saying that I think Bek and Izulde are howling at the moon!

i will vote for one of the 2 before bed i suppose since i havn't fixed my phone's browser yet.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:09 PM   #220
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Glengoyne, why did you attack LSG so hard? I think you need to start coming up with a defense and giving us a better reason than I am a villager. That defense does not really work in WW that well. Give us some sort of information that can be useful. I have an open mind but it is closing quickly.

Bek, your random vote is interesting. It is almost like you are not trying to be tied to a voting record. Any thoughts?

I'll be back to post after Lost. Actually I'll ramble quickly, there was just something about her posts that made me suspect her. That and I really thought that the early votes were nearly random. I certainly didn't mean to convey any sense of certainty, like those who picked up on my non-vibe that I may be the seer. I didn't realize that a bunch of people would tag on. I saw one person follow suit early today, and then when I checked in a bit before the vote to lynch I discovered what had happened. In retrospect, it was then that I realized what I had done. In short, I'm bad at this.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:40 AM   #221
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
I'll be back to post after Lost. Actually I'll ramble quickly, there was just something about her posts that made me suspect her. That and I really thought that the early votes were nearly random. I certainly didn't mean to convey any sense of certainty, like those who picked up on my non-vibe that I may be the seer. I didn't realize that a bunch of people would tag on. I saw one person follow suit early today, and then when I checked in a bit before the vote to lynch I discovered what had happened. In retrospect, it was then that I realized what I had done. In short, I'm bad at this.

we're all bad at this. it's why we're n00bs.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:50 AM   #222
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

looks like my browser is working so i should be able to check in and change tomorrow but i'm going to put a placeholder vote for now

VOTE IZULDE

seems suspicious that he has voted for both of the lynching victims and has been fairly quiet throughout. Plus he just seems like the type that might do that as a wolf without considering all the ramifications.

I thought Bek was suspicious with the "i'm going to randomly vote for PackerFanatic" (who was also innocent), but then also hasn't voted for either of the other 2 innocent lynching victims also. if he was a wolf though would he randomly vote for packerfanatic (who we would all find out was innocent after the wolves ate him) and thus cast suspiscion on himself that way? or was that like "hiding in plain sight?" i'd be interested to know what the other 2 people who i am beginning to trust think about this.

my vote is subject to change, although honestly I doubt I'll do much after 2pm tomorrow as my day is quite packed.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:08 AM   #223
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Well poo, I was hoping to post tonight, heh...good luck all
Old 10-05-2006, 01:24 AM   #224
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Actually, Dracula was killed by his own allies if I remember correctly

Heh heh that was the only mistake we made.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 02:46 AM   #225
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I thought Bek was suspicious with the "i'm going to randomly vote for PackerFanatic" (who was also innocent), but then also hasn't voted for either of the other 2 innocent lynching victims also. if he was a wolf though would he randomly vote for packerfanatic (who we would all find out was innocent after the wolves ate him) and thus cast suspiscion on himself that way? or was that like "hiding in plain sight?" i'd be interested to know what the other 2 people who i am beginning to trust think about this.

first of all let me say that I didnt vote for packer, but instead GE, and I did this because I didnt think either Mr. W or LSG were wolves. If I think someone is a wolf, then I vote them, if I think they are a villager, then I dont vote them. I think today we need to look hard at voting patterns and come down with some serious accusations, this is all I'm going to say tonight as I am headed off to bed. But we all better be ready for tomorrow as we need to get ourselves a wolf.

by the way, when we do can i mount the head in my house???

--Bek
Bek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:15 AM   #226
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

well I'm unfortunately in the midst of pulling an all nighter for work (something that someone in their 30's just shouldn't do anymore), so I'll be busy working for another couple hours then crash 'til who knows when. So I'm voting now while I still can. I don't want to be accused of not going with the group, so I'll vote the main line this time.

Vote Glengoyne
Old 10-05-2006, 07:32 AM   #227
spleen1015
Coordinator

I think we've lost the seer. If I were the seer, at this stage in the game I would be doing something to let folks know what I know. I just a have strong feeling that we would have a lot more to go on if the seer were still alive.

If the seer is still alive, please give strong consideration to letting us know what you know.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:35 AM   #228
Izulde
Head Coach

I just woke up but I'm not going to vote yet. Have to finish a paper on Sylvia Plath's Mirror and then go to class.

Old 10-05-2006, 07:37 AM   #229
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
As of right now, I'm sticking with my theory from yesterday that Izulde is a wolf...as Spleen stated, he voted for both victims, which is more than suspicious in my book, especially when he hasn't really come up with any "theories" of his own, only agreed with someone else and then cast his vote.

I've been fairly quiet because this is the first time I've ever played and I'm still kind of "feeling things out" as a villager, making sure I'm understanding the concept and the rules of play correctly. But at this point, I'm pretty convinced that Izulde is a wolf and just isn't sure what he should be saying to throw suspicion the other way, so he's just laying low and following the lead of the other werewolves (though I haven't figured out who they are).
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:10 AM   #230
spleen1015
Coordinator

Question for st.cronin.

In the initial post, it states that when a villager is lynched, their role will be revealed. I assume this means that if the seer is lynched or killed by the wolves, we would know that they were the seer. Is this in fact the case?

If roles are revealed when someone gets removed from the game, then we still have our seer and herbalist. This is a very good thing.

One thing that really got me wondering after Night actions was PackerFanatic getting it. At the point of his death, he was one of the least vocal people. Going after one of the more vocal players would kind of confirm that they were on the right track. So, I think we could be going down the right track.

Right now, I suspect Izulde, Bek, Neuqua to be wolves. Neuqua is more a feeling than anything else. I have already given reason for Izulde and Bek. One other thing I suspect with Bek is he is playing the villager angle pretty heavily. He is doing a really good job of making it believable that he is villager. This is very fishy to me and I think that is a big sign that he's a bad guy.

I think we need to lynch either Izulde or Bek today.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:20 AM   #231
Izulde
Head Coach

Let's see here:

Mr. Wednesday was a first day thing that's a crapshoot and I wasn't sure who to vote for, so I came up with a frivolous reason to vote for Mr W. and picked him.

LoneStarGirl was implicated by Glengoyne and you yourself spleen, and since I'm new to this game and wouldn't know how to ferret out a werewolf, I tend to listen to the advice of others, hence the vote.

Furthermore, I'd like to point out that I was only the second person to vote for each. Did they end up getting lynched? Yeah, but that wasn't because of me. It was because of everyone else bandwagoning on them.

Old 10-05-2006, 08:22 AM   #232
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Let's see here:

Mr. Wednesday was a first day thing that's a crapshoot and I wasn't sure who to vote for, so I came up with a frivolous reason to vote for Mr W. and picked him.

LoneStarGirl was implicated by Glengoyne and you yourself spleen, and since I'm new to this game and wouldn't know how to ferret out a werewolf, I tend to listen to the advice of others, hence the vote.

Furthermore, I'd like to point out that I was only the second person to vote for each. Did they end up getting lynched? Yeah, but that wasn't because of me. It was because of everyone else bandwagoning on them.

But spleen didn't vote for LSG - he voted for you...he agreed with some of the thoughts behind LSG looking like a ww, but ultimately decided she wasn't. Seems like you are grasping at straws to me...
Old 10-05-2006, 08:23 AM   #233
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Question for st.cronin.

In the initial post, it states that when a villager is lynched, their role will be revealed. I assume this means that if the seer is lynched or killed by the wolves, we would know that they were the seer. Is this in fact the case?

Yes.

knives out
Old 10-05-2006, 08:25 AM   #234
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
But spleen didn't vote for LSG - he voted for you...he agreed with some of the thoughts behind LSG looking like a ww, but ultimately decided she wasn't. Seems like you are grasping at straws to me...

Yes he eventually voted for me, but at the time that I cast my vote, LSG looked most likely to be a werewolf. You didn't really expect me to change it and vote for myself, did you?

Old 10-05-2006, 08:27 AM   #235
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Yes he eventually voted for me, but at the time that I cast my vote, LSG looked most likely to be a werewolf. You didn't really expect me to change it and vote for myself, did you?

No, but why did you think LSG was a ww? What specific reason did you have to suspect her?
Old 10-05-2006, 08:28 AM   #236
spleen1015
Coordinator

Sweet. We still have our seer and our herbalist.

Now, we need to know what the seer knows.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:30 AM   #237
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:

Defintely, but how does the seer tell us what they know without exposing themself and getting killed off???
Old 10-05-2006, 09:01 AM   #238
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
No, but why did you think LSG was a ww? What specific reason did you have to suspect her?

Her protestations just rang false to me. Admittedly I made a mistake in voting for her. We all did.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:02 AM   #239
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:

Her protestations just rang false to me. Admittedly I made a mistake in voting for her. We all did.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:03 AM   #240
Izulde
Head Coach

Sorry about the DP. Connection was wonky.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:05 AM   #241
Izulde
Head Coach

quola,

Since I'm going to be busy all day, I'm putting my vote in now.

VOTE BEK

Reason:
This leader of the villagers persona he's been putting on so consistently is the perfect disguise and the one that I'd be taking on if I were a wolf. After all, by pretending to be the leader, he grants himself a level of security and immunity so people don't suspect him as the wolf he is.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:21 AM   #242
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Defintely, but how does the seer tell us what they know without exposing themself and getting killed off???

I dunno. If they reveal themselves, then the herbalist can protect them at least once. Since the herbalist can't protect the same person more than one day in a row, then we'd probably lose the seer the next night after they revealed their information.

I am getting a vibe on who might be the seer. I'm debating on if I should trust that vibe and follow that persons lead and see what happens.

If there are 3 wolves, then we still have a little leeway today. But, if we can't manage to get a wolf with today's lynch, then tomorrow we absolutely have to or we're lost. I really want to get a wolf today.

Izulde voting for Bek when I think both are wolves kind of kinks up the works! I think it is just a ploy to get us off target today.

Now, I need to figure out who is more untrustworthy.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:23 AM   #243
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

They way I look at it there are three lynch possibillities for the day. I am not real sure who is a wolf in that group, but the odds would suggest that at least one is. I am going to break down each one and try to see if there is anything that will help us get the wolf out of the group.

Glengoyne - Everyone seems to be forgeting about him this morning. Is there any reason why? Did I miss something. The evidence against him is that he came after LSG pretty hard and she came back clean. Either he is clean and just made a mistake or he is a wolf who knew that he might be lynched and was trading 1 for 1. This would make sense if they maybe thought that LSG was the seer (I kind of got that impression when she said I am just a boring villager.)

Bek - His weird voting pattern has established him as a candidate. As someone pointed out, he is the only person to not vote for both lynchings. This leads me to believe that he does not want to be tied to a voting record of any kind. Is there a reason for that? Probably. He is random vote for me was also fishy. He said it was just a random vote but then later in post #225 he says that if he thinks you are a wolf, then he will vote for you. That seems wolfy to me but I am not ready to declare him as a wolf just yet.

Izulde - The evidence against him is that he has been quiet and is the only person to vote for both players who have been lynched. He claims that he is just a bandwagon jumper and that he does not know what really is going and that is why he is not been posting much. He also voted for Bek already but that seems like a self-defense vote. I really just do not have a read on him at all.

I think that it will come down to Bek and Izulde today although I think we are giving Glengoune a free pass.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:30 AM   #244
spleen1015
Coordinator

I am forgetting about Glengoyne this morning. That is because I just think he made a bad call with having a fishy feeling about LSG. I'm not beyond thinking that he has me fooled either.

I think I am going to vote for Izulde again today unless I find another reason not to.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:02 PM   #245
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

well i'm around for the next 5 hours or so, but I've already put in my placeholder vote for Izulde and I see nothing to throw me off of that so far.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:19 PM   #246
Bek
High School JV

Thumbs down

Quote:
I think we've lost the seer. If I were the seer, at this stage in the game I would be doing something to let folks know what I know. I just a have strong feeling that we would have a lot more to go on if the seer were still alive.

If the seer is still alive, please give strong consideration to letting us know what you know.

Thats no good. Unless the seer has hit a wolf, there is no need to reveal himself. Lets say, for example, night one the seer scanned LSG and found out here to be good. No need to reveal that now. Now for night two the seer scanned oliegirl and found her to be good doesnt help us either. You see, that if the seer hit all villagers I wouldnt want them taking a risk and coming out now.

I think that the disadvantages of the seer coming out now out weigh the advantages. Then we are stuck with the herbalist and the wolves playing guessing games.My vote on the seer coming out gets a thumbs down.

--bek
Old 10-05-2006, 12:23 PM   #247
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:

Quote:
I am forgetting about Glengoyne this morning. That is because I just think he made a bad call with having a fishy feeling about LSG. I'm not beyond thinking that he has me fooled either.

I think I am going to vote for Izulde again today unless I find another reason not to.

I'm sticking with Izulde today for this reason - he had 3 votes yesterday and managed to escape because of the LSG bandwagon...yet he hasn't been able to give what I consider to be a valid reason for voting for LSG other than "I wasn't the only one". His statement about her "protestations ringing false" seems very empty. I think we should vote out Izulde today, and Glengoyne tomorrow - he seems to be the "ringleader" and the fact that Izulde voted for Bek just gives me the very strong gut feeling that Glengoyne and Izulde are wolves. I'm casting my vote for Izulde officially:

Vote Izulde

That's 2 votes for Izulde and one for Glengoyne...I just don't think the cloud of suspicion over Glengoyne is nearly as heavy as the one over Izulde...the way I see it, our plan should be to eliminate Izulde and then go after Glengoyne or Bek tomorrow. We need one good night where we catch a Werewolf and I'm convinced Izulde is one.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:28 PM   #248
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

the fact that spleen wants to know what the seer knows is making me trust him less, although my vote remains with izulde, one wary eye is looking towards spleen
Old 10-05-2006, 12:34 PM   #249
Bek
High School JV

agreed, i dont see it to our benefit for the seer to come out. Spleen is pushing for it a little too hard.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:40 PM   #250
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

let me clarify. i don't think spleen was intending for the seer to reveal him/herself. i think spleen was pushing the seer to become more vocal and try to dig back for evidence to use against someone IF they even know any wolves at this point.