Scoobz
Neuqua
and Kwhit

is this what others show?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:15 PM   #352
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I voted for Spleen before Alan, Blade and Saldana went on their tangent.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:19 PM   #353
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

dola,

Post 182
Old 11-06-2006, 07:20 PM   #354
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
Wasn't Gollum originally a hobbit? I thought all hobbits came from the the Shire. Not that it really matters in all this.

UNVOTE KWhit
VOTE Scoobz

He was originally a hobbit, however in his time there were hobbit populations that lived East of the misty mountains and west of Mirkwood (Gladden Fields). This is where Smeagol was originally from, along the Anduin river. He was not born and raised in the Shire like the Hobbits from the stories.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:22 PM   #355
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wasn't Gollum originally a hobbit? I thought all hobbits came from the the Shire. Not that it really matters in all this.

UNVOTE KWhit
VOTE Scoobz

A Hobbit of Stoor-kind who lived on the banks of the Anduin in the later Third Age. His friend Déagol came upon the One Ring, but Sméagol murdered Déagol and took the Ring. He was eventually exiled by his people, and crept into the roots of the Misty Mountains, where he became the creature of the dark better known as Gollum.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:22 PM   #356
SnDvls
Pro Starter

oh man my vote tally is way off.

I went off someone's in post 202 and went from there...hold on a sec and I'll have a better one in a bit
Old 11-06-2006, 07:23 PM   #357
st.cronin
General Manager

geez, what a day 1

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:24 PM   #358
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

and for those wondering about "stoor-kind"

One of the three ancient hobbit-kinds, the broadest and heaviest in build. They were the last of three branches of the hobbits to cross the Misty Mountains into Eriador.

the other two types were fallohides and harfoots, with harfoots being the ancestors of third-age hobbits

*cough* thanks Encyclopedia of Arda...best 70 bucks I've ever spent *cough*
Old 11-06-2006, 07:31 PM   #359
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE NEUQUA

not convinced that we actually want to lynch one of the ones who hasn't checked in yet so i'll put in this placeholder vote for now, but if someone can convince me that Scoobz deserves to go for a reason other than whittling down numbers (and why would we want to lynch one of our own just for being quiet, with the odds against it being an evil) then go right ahead.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:32 PM   #360
SnDvls
Pro Starter

okay no votes from
Daddy Torgo
Scoobz
Neuqua
Kwhit

scoobz has 10 - SnDvls, AlanT,LSG,Fouts,Gram,Izuldu,Saldana,Sublime2, Jonathan, Swaggs

I'm working on the vote/unvote table now unless someone else has one quicker or handy.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:33 PM   #361
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
VOTE NEUQUA

not convinced that we actually want to lynch one of the ones who hasn't checked in yet so i'll put in this placeholder vote for now, but if someone can convince me that Scoobz deserves to go for a reason other than whittling down numbers (and why would we want to lynch one of our own just for being quiet, with the odds against it being an evil) then go right ahead.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't know he's playing. he's posted once in here and it really isn't a "put me in I want to play" post.
it's a question and then the responses are you are in or you should join.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:33 PM   #362
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - not telling/pushing you to vote him either as I'm more than happy to have a replacement player take his spot tomorrow too.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:34 PM   #363
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
VOTE NEUQUA

Well its one thing to be quiet and another to not even show up.

On day1 accomplishing a few things is good for us:

1) Nail a bad guy (unlikely due to odds)
2) Have some voting pattern to look on for future days from the lynch
3) Try to not lynch someone that will be crucial to our win (ie: seer)

My arguement with lynching someone who has not checked in is that they still have the same bad odds of not being a bad guy, but at least we'll be lynching someone who isn't going to contribute anyways. If they are a good guy, they won't be night killed so will be dead weight the entire game for us.

The only bad thing with a pile on vote is that it does not provide us any voting patterns for future days and provides an easy out for bad guys to just throw a vote onto.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:34 PM   #364
SnDvls
Pro Starter

double dola - you do know you are voting for someone who hasn't check in though right?
Old 11-06-2006, 07:36 PM   #365
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

sorry SnDvls but you can add me to the list of those who have voted.

Like I've said, I fail to see the value in axeing someone for not participating completely, when the odds are just as good that it's someone good, as everyone is aware of the "evil likes to stay quiet" play by now...when someone hasn't checked in AT ALL it's just as likely that they're good but havn't realized we've started or been pulled away for something.

I doubt Neuqua is evil either, as he has a post in GD stating that his grandfather is seriously ill and in the hospital, so my vote for him is more of a vote AGAINST lynching Scoobz and putting a vote onto someone who isn't even close to the rope.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:37 PM   #366
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
VOTE NEUQUA

this post is the definition of irony....
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:38 PM   #367
Izulde
Head Coach

I'd really say not to vote Nequea, DaddyTorgo. As others have pointed out, given the RL situation he's had come up, it's really wrong.

If you're going to vote a no-show, vote Scoobz.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:38 PM   #368
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
sorry SnDvls but you can add me to the list of those who have voted.

Like I've said, I fail to see the value in axeing someone for not participating completely, when the odds are just as good that it's someone good, as everyone is aware of the "evil likes to stay quiet" play by now...when someone hasn't checked in AT ALL it's just as likely that they're good but havn't realized we've started or been pulled away for something.

I doubt Neuqua is evil either, as he has a post in GD stating that his grandfather is seriously ill and in the hospital, so my vote for him is more of a vote AGAINST lynching Scoobz and putting a vote onto someone who isn't even close to the rope.

I have a feeling that you just skimmed the day 1 posts
Old 11-06-2006, 07:39 PM   #369
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
this post is the definition of irony....

as I've said...I don't want to go on the "didn't vote...bad bad person" list, so I'm voting for someone, but i'm voting for someone who is 9 votes away from even being TIED for the lead. basically it seems like scoobz needs 3 more votes to get lynched and I have no intention of being one of those 3 votes, but i also don't want to get the rap of "not voting" so I'm doing the "random day 1 vote" thing.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:41 PM   #370
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Daddy - go back and start reading at post #205...read that page
Old 11-06-2006, 07:41 PM   #371
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

as a matter of fact that's true. what's the feeling behind voting scoobz as a no-show?

shouldn't we pick an active participant and wait for anxiety to pick replacements for the no-shows?

fine.

UNVOTE NEUQUA
Old 11-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #372
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Go back and read my link to wiki. It explains the basic mechanic of lynching and how "no-lynch" or "no-kill" is bad for the village.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #373
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
Daddy - go back and start reading at post #205...read that page

willdo
Old 11-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #374
SnDvls
Pro Starter

OOC: gotta give the little one a bath hopefully I'll be back on, but who knows.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:44 PM   #375
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

so basically scoobz cuz nequea is having a RL emergency and of the 3 he's the one you know least about?
Old 11-06-2006, 07:45 PM   #376
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
as a matter of fact that's true. what's the feeling behind voting scoobz as a no-show?

shouldn't we pick an active participant and wait for anxiety to pick replacements for the no-shows?

fine.

UNVOTE NEUQUA

What do you have to tell you that an active participant is any more or less likely to be a bad guy than an inactive participant?

The benefit in my mind of voting off inactive participants at the beginning is that an active bad guy will leave some voting trail and discussion trail to use later in the game. An active good guy will help participate in discussion, try to find bad guys and keep up with the game.

When there isn't anything else to go on, I'd rather vote off the dead wood or look for people who are UtR.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:45 PM   #377
Thomkal
Head Coach

unvote gram
vote scoobz
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:46 PM   #378
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
so basically scoobz cuz nequea is having a RL emergency and of the 3 he's the one you know least about?

now read post #268
Old 11-06-2006, 07:47 PM   #379
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What do you have to tell you that an active participant is any more or less likely to be a bad guy than an inactive participant?

The benefit in my mind of voting off inactive participants at the beginning is that an active bad guy will leave some voting trail and discussion trail to use later in the game. An active good guy will help participate in discussion, try to find bad guys and keep up with the game.

When there isn't anything else to go on, I'd rather vote off the dead wood or look for people who are UtR.

there's statistically nothing to say that active vs. inactive has anything to do with good vs. bad, that's true. But with guys like the 3 who havn't checked in, wouldn't it make more sense to wait for replacements who might actually leave a trail and focus on day 1 discussion or whatever?
Old 11-06-2006, 07:47 PM   #380
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
WW games have interested me, but I never decided to try it out. This theme makes me want to try Werewolf out.

Would it be a hindrance on you guys if I were to play? I have read the sticky with the rules. I also read a couple games that were already played to get a feel, but obviously you can only learn so much from that.

for reference here's his one and only post
Old 11-06-2006, 07:48 PM   #381
SnDvls
Pro Starter

okay now it's really bath time
Old 11-06-2006, 07:49 PM   #382
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
there's statistically nothing to say that active vs. inactive has anything to do with good vs. bad, that's true. But with guys like the 3 who havn't checked in, wouldn't it make more sense to wait for replacements who might actually leave a trail and focus on day 1 discussion or whatever?

If we vote off someone that likely isn't even playing it basically means we dont lynch anyone who is going to hurt us, and we still have the same statistical possibility of getting a bad guy (as poor as it is). Like I said I would rather vote for a known bad guy if you know one. Since I don't personally know of any right now, I will just vote for the dead wood.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:50 PM   #383
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

alright. thanks for the summarizing guys. hopefully tomorrow with the day off I'll be able to keep up and provide the same type of summarizing for people who were working and all.

alright I can see the "he may not have really signed up or realized he signed up" argument. And it would give us one confirmed...something.

VOTE SCOOBZ0202
Old 11-06-2006, 08:02 PM   #384
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

unvote spleen

vote scoobz

not sure if we already have 13 but I'll vote to be sure
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:09 PM   #385
KWhit
Coordinator

I find it very odd that Blade and Saldana are attacking AlanT for pointing out that Blade's ramblings are reminicent of Gollum. Sheesh! We're all thinking it.

Having said that, though, it looks like it's gonna be scoobz in a runaway - which means he's probably a good guy. Ah well, better to lynch someone who's not really taking part in the discussion.

Vote Scoobz
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:15 PM   #386
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
i'm pretty sure that the pile on scoobz is based on the fact that he isnt actually playing, so we are just cutting the dead weight from the roster....
Hence, me having no problem with actually lynching the guy. What I have a big problem with is the lack of a second candidate drawing any votes -- many times, the second candidate is just another average person so we don't learn anything anyway, but if there is no second candidate we have a 0% chance of actually learning anything from this lynch.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:17 PM   #387
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
No, the hobbits originally came from farther east. The Shire Reckoning begins somewhere around the 1400's of the third age.

In fact, the Breeland hobbits are not from the Shire, rather they're settlers that never made it all the way west during the migration.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:20 PM   #388
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

To make sure we have the numbers:

Unvote Spleen
Vote Scoobz
Old 11-06-2006, 08:20 PM   #389
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Hence, me having no problem with actually lynching the guy. What I have a big problem with is the lack of a second candidate drawing any votes -- many times, the second candidate is just another average person so we don't learn anything anyway, but if there is no second candidate we have a 0% chance of actually learning anything from this lynch.

one good thing is hopefully our seer (not me this game so don't go killing me bad guys ) assuming we have one, which I'm sure we do will get a look at someone tonight.

there is always the no lynch option today since people feel we won't gather any info. and give Anxiety a chance to find a replacement and the new person a chance to jump in...right now a new player really won't have to read 6 pages to catch up just the writeup by Anxiety tonight and tomorrow.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:20 PM   #390
SnDvls
Pro Starter

we have 15 now

FYI
Old 11-06-2006, 08:29 PM   #391
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
one good thing is hopefully our seer (not me this game so don't go killing me bad guys ) assuming we have one, which I'm sure we do will get a look at someone tonight.

there is always the no lynch option today since people feel we won't gather any info. and give Anxiety a chance to find a replacement and the new person a chance to jump in...right now a new player really won't have to read 6 pages to catch up just the writeup by Anxiety tonight and tomorrow.

We may yet gather info from today's kill. We probably won't in the next day or two, but eventually we may find something coming out of today.

Since we need to kill someone today for no good reason, might as well make it somebody that prevents us from having to find a replacement.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:38 PM   #392
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I find it very odd that Blade and Saldana are attacking AlanT for pointing out that Blade's ramblings are reminicent of Gollum. Sheesh! We're all thinking it.

Having said that, though, it looks like it's gonna be scoobz in a runaway - which means he's probably a good guy. Ah well, better to lynch someone who's not really taking part in the discussion.

Vote Scoobz

i never said didnt find his ramblings reminscent of gollum....of course i did....what i had a problem with was Alan presenting as fact that his ramblings mean he IS Gollum, since as far as my knowledge of this world goes, Gollum was never anywhere near the shire in the past, and since we have a period when this game is taking place, i know gollum is no where near bree.

let me state for the record that i am not saying blade is necessarily a good guy...i am simply stating that in my opinion, there is no way he is the character of gollum.

as far as alan goes, i am not saying he is bad, but i do have a problem with some of the information he was giving out as facts today.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:53 PM   #393
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i never said didnt find his ramblings reminscent of gollum....of course i did....what i had a problem with was Alan presenting as fact that his ramblings mean he IS Gollum, since as far as my knowledge of this world goes, Gollum was never anywhere near the shire in the past, and since we have a period when this game is taking place, i know gollum is no where near bree.

let me state for the record that i am not saying blade is necessarily a good guy...i am simply stating that in my opinion, there is no way he is the character of gollum.

as far as alan goes, i am not saying he is bad, but i do have a problem with some of the information he was giving out as facts today.

Its like you only read half of my posts. The same half that Blade read. I also equated the disorder to similar to the characters Boromir, Frodo, Bilbo, Ilsidur all showed symptoms of it at time, all directly due to the ring's influences.

Its pretty interesting how you take one tiny part of the information and then try to distort it all and make a huge overblown deal out of it all. I've stated for the record that I don't even know if Gollum is in this game, or if a character similar to him is in this game. You however have chosen to ignore that. You also ignored the part where I said in the story timeline Gollum couldn't be in Bree at this time. You have however tried to take what I have said and try to make me sound like I am leading a lynch mob for Blade here.

It sounds and feels like a pretty wolfish thing to do in my opinion, and pretty unlike you for day 1.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:58 PM   #394
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Thanks to everyone with the info regarding Hobbit history. Goes to show how little Middle Earth history I know.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:01 PM   #395
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

deadline
Old 11-06-2006, 09:03 PM   #396
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Counting votes now. Post to come shortly.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:06 PM   #397
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

As the sun marches across the sky, your discussion begins to center on the people who are not present. After all, if they cannot even show to demonstrate their innocence, haw can you not vote for them?

The grim task is decided, and Scoobz is the voted candidate. After receiving a majority of the votes, it is time to follow through with your decision.

This is where your assembled party falters. It is one thing to discuss the death of one of your own in the abstract, but it is quite another to carry it through. To actually kill someone for nothing other than suspicion? Can you bring yourself to do it?

Your pair off into groups and begin to scour the town for Scoobz. After a while, you find him meditating beside a reflective pool. Lilies of silver and purple frame his body as he breathes in regular, controlled breaths that seem to inflate and deflate his body.

You hesitate again. Is this the face of darkness? A person in calm solace? After all Bree has been through, can you hold it against this man that he chose to eschew your heavy task?

Scoobz speaks. He voice begins as if far away, but as he talks, gets closer and closer to actually being in his body. “Have you come so soon? I expected you later.” He opens his eyes and stares at you. “I will come willingly, though you know not what you do.”

With dignity, he arises. He scoffs at your attempts to bind him, and his look keeps you from wrapping his hands or feet. He walks with a triumphant gait. He takes his time, which you can certainly understand. After all, he has but a few minutes to live.

A hastily assembled gallows has been erected in the center of town, and all of the people have gathered around. As you begin to lead Scoobz to the gallows, he stops. “No, if you are to kill me, then allow me the dignity of dying as a man, not as a criminal.”

All of you are, at first, confused by his words, and one of you pushes Scoobz towards the gallows more forcefully. Scoobz responds, “Fine then, I will force your hand.”

With a quick dash, he grabs the sword off one of your belts. He brandishes it. It’s obvious that he’s never wielded a weapon before. Several of you react quickly, moving to strike with your own weapons. He never tries to defend himself, and never attacks. He allows several of you to cut him down, with multiple lethal wounds. His blood wets the ground in a sticky pool that seems to grow more quickly than you thought possible.

A smile is on his lips.

The act you have performed weighs heavily upon your shoulders. A few of you leave to discharge your dinner into various bushes. The group of you goes to Scoobz’s house, to find out what you can. Once there, you remember that he was one of your devout, saying regular prayers to Iluvatar.

However, you also discover works of sorcery and darkness. He was not just a normal townsfolk, but he was one of those fallen into shadow. However, you find nothing to connect him with any dark lord, such as Sauron.

You retire for the night, with victory lightening your stride.

Night has fallen. Night One has begun. All Night Actions are to be pm’ed to me by 3:30 am EST Tuesday Morning.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:09 PM   #398
SnDvls
Pro Starter

gram - votes - ( daddy torgo ) - ( 124 ) - 1
chief rum - votes - ( spleen ) - ( 126 ) - 1
st. c - votes - ( sndvls ) - ( 128 ) - 1
Tyrith - votes - ( Kwhit ) - ( 132 ) - 1
ntn - votes - ( swaggs ) - ( 173 ) - 1
lathum - votes - ( daddy torgo ) - ( 179 ) - 2