Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-29-2006, 05:58 AM   #451
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Well I'll help you out. He is talking about the opium den, where in an opium induced slumber you have a chance of having visions that can help you out. I have that option as well in my role. It is a night action, where you can choose to visit the opium den.

i wont say "oh me too, me too", as that would be an obvious latch on, so i guess i will just have to take comfort in the fact that you, blade, hoops and I all appear to be on the same team
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 06:05 AM   #452
hoopsguy
General Manager

Going to be interesting to see where the bad guys go with their kills tonight if that list of good guys is accurate, Saldana.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 06:08 AM   #453
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, i am off to work, i'll be back on between noon and 1 eastern during my lunch hour.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 06:38 AM   #454
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Deadline. Writeups & PMs coming.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:28 AM   #455
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The clouds were but a false read yesterday as the night wore on. It would be largely clear, with the moon shining bright.

When the sun rises a few hours later, it will reveal a deadly night in Whitechapel.

On Whitechapel Road, BrianD lies dead in an alley, apparently beaten to death. He has no money, so it appears he was robbed. He is but a common Londoner.

Just a block away along Whitechapel Road is a gruesome sight even worse than the one the townsfolk saw the night before. Not far from the back exit of the Opium Den, bloodied body parts are strewn about and the walls are splashed red. It takes some time to find the head--or what's his left of it. Fouts was killed last night, as well, in a most brutal fashion. Another Londoner bought it here.

The horror was just truly sinking in when a cry came out from the Commercial Road section. A crowd is gathered at the entrance to a flat with a door that appears to have been torn down. The worst sight is yet to come. It appears that Tyrith has met his end in his own home! His body is ripped and torn, covered with scratches, and there is blood everywhere. It is clear he was sleeping when he was attacked.

Tyrith was a Londoner, too.

The mob is off to a hot start now. They have lost three good townsfolk, and they're looking for blood!

DAY TWO BEGINS. THE DEADLINE IS 10 P.M. EST/7 P.M. PDT, WHICH WILL BE THE REGULAR TIME MOST NIGHTS IN THIS GAME GOING FORWARD.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:31 AM   #456
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

yikes
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:36 AM   #457
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

PMs going out now

Old 11-29-2006, 07:38 AM   #458
Lorena
Unregistered

Hmm... I read Fouts wrong, I thought he was a prostitute.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:41 AM   #459
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Hmm... I read Fouts wrong, I thought he was a prostitute.

I hope Raiders Army is pleased with your word choice this time ...

Reference diagram in Post #399
Old 11-29-2006, 07:46 AM   #460
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Pleased with word choice, concerned that three Londoners are gone.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:48 AM   #461
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'll check back in at lunch time with some thoughts.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:52 AM   #462
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I had Fouts and BrianD both in the same role as me, so it isn't too much of a suprise to see I was right on them. I guess the only good thing is that the bad guys spent time killing common villagers last night. It seemed pretty obvious at least two of the three were common, so I wonder why they would have spent time killing them instead of looking for more powerful roles?

Is this a sign that they can't communicate with each other, and went for a safe kill rather than killing another sure bad guy? I guess I am a little puzzled by the killchoices last night.

I also am hoping Chief is still sending out PMs since I never got one from last night. I decided to try out the Opium Den, so I'm really curious if I happened to see anything to do with Fouts' death. I was definitly in the nearby area.

Oh and since no one else answered Path's question from last night (I was asleep when it was asked), I tried to use mine yesterday. I doubt its anything significant though and rather a waste of money. I figured better to spend all my money than keep it only to be robbed later.

Going to go shower and get ready to head to work. Will check back in to see if I learned anything last night real quick before I go for the day.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:52 AM   #463
Barkeep49
Coordinator

See I think the diagram should look more Venn like. As one could be a whore without being a prostitute.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:00 AM   #464
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I would imagine the 3 factions that killed last night can't communicate with each other, I also imagine they are 1 time kills or something like one every 3 nights and they decided not to wait on them on the off chance they get lynched. Allthough we lost 3 londoners I think it was the best possible scenerio since we didn't seem to lose any powerfull roles.

I think there is likely a link between Jonathan and BrianD's killer since BrianD was robbed.

As for my vote yesterday I was exausted having drove from PA to Ohio the day before then getting up early and working all day when I read the thread and not really paying attention so I got a little crossed up but didn't want to be a non voter.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:22 AM   #465
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So people go to the opium den in the hopes of gaining information. Why do people go to prostitutes? Are there any other vices lurking around? Gambling perhaps?
Old 11-29-2006, 08:29 AM   #466
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Well that is sad. I think it may be the first time I've been a night 1 target. Oh well, enjoy all.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:35 AM   #467
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

holy crap 3 dead!

Quote:
So people go to the opium den in the hopes of gaining information. Why do people go to prostitutes? Are there any other vices lurking around? Gambling perhaps?

so you can find out who, a prostitute is. for a circle of trust to form
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:36 AM   #468
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep, are you without vices in this game?
Old 11-29-2006, 08:36 AM   #469
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

still waiting for my night action PM
Old 11-29-2006, 08:37 AM   #470
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

BTW can we stop calling the whores "whores", i think "Horizontal refreshments" are more appropirate
Old 11-29-2006, 08:40 AM   #471
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, I'm bummed to see that Tyrith was killed last night as he was one of the people I had seen on Night 0. So my personal circle of trust shrank as a result of last night's kills.

Good to see that the streetwalkers all made it through unscathed, since they are directly related to a victory condition for one of the bad guys.

I would echo the thought that the bad guys probably can not work together. We know how Jack gets a minor victory, but we don't know what the victory conditions are for Fagin and Hyde/Werewolf (guesses as to other bad guys). But they probably do not include killing prostitutes. So targeting someone who is likely to be a plain villager, while not reducing the ranks of "evil" was probably an OK play for those two.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:40 AM   #472
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

OK i just found out i got lucky (for 5 shillings). and i now have a circle of trust formed with 2 other people.

also all the people killed last night were Londoners, no "Horizontal refeshments", does this mean Jack didnt attack?
Old 11-29-2006, 08:45 AM   #473
Swaggs
Coordinator

It sounds, by the description given, like Jekyl/Hyde got Fouts.

Perhaps the werewolf got Tyrith?

I wonder if JTR might need to identify the prositutes before killing them, as it doesn't sound like he got anyone last night.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:47 AM   #474
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Barkeep, are you without vices in this game?
I don't think anyone is innocent in this game, so no I have my own foibles though a vice? Well I'm certainly not into opium if that's what you're asking.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:47 AM   #475
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think the werewolf got Tyrith as well.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:51 AM   #476
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All PMS are now sent.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 11-29-2006 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:07 AM   #477
Tyrith
College Starter

I be dead
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:20 AM   #478
Blade6119
Coordinator

Well, i told you all to expect multiple kills at night...but of course, there are balances in place. We just need to hope our balances came through last night.

Anyone see anything?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:21 AM   #479
Blade6119
Coordinator

Oh, and ntn, just so you know your no longer my top suspect. Like i expected the deaths last night raised my eyebrows in other directions
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:24 AM   #480
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I don't think anyone is innocent in this game, so no I have my own foibles though a vice? Well I'm certainly not into opium if that's what you're asking.

So what vices do you have? Is robbery, turning into a warewolf or monster, and killing people one of them?

Thats half joke half serious...
Demotivation
Old 11-29-2006, 09:34 AM   #481
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I would imagine the 3 factions that killed last night can't communicate with each other, I also imagine they are 1 time kills or something like one every 3 nights and they decided not to wait on them on the off chance they get lynched. Allthough we lost 3 londoners I think it was the best possible scenerio since we didn't seem to lose any powerfull roles.

I think there is likely a link between Jonathan and BrianD's killer since BrianD was robbed.

As for my vote yesterday I was exausted having drove from PA to Ohio the day before then getting up early and working all day when I read the thread and not really paying attention so I got a little crossed up but didn't want to be a non voter.
Jonathan was not killed, merely sent away from town to an orphanage..so im totally lost as to what link you see. If your trying to say fagin ordered the urchins to kill brian and rob him, i find it likely. What that has to do with jonathans sending away im not sure, other then jonathan worked for fagin.
Demotivation
Old 11-29-2006, 09:38 AM   #482
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
still waiting for my night action PM

What exactly did you do last night?...
Demotivation
Old 11-29-2006, 09:40 AM   #483
Blade6119
Coordinator

for the quintuplet dola, i have classes for the next 4-5 hours, and have to write a paper when i get home...so count on me either not being too active or only being active later in the day.
Demotivation
Old 11-29-2006, 09:53 AM   #484
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I came upon the end of the attack on Fouts. Unfortunately, I did not recognize his killer, but I'm quite certain it was not Blade, st.cronin, nor ntndeacon as they responded to my call for help.

The only thing I think that this definitively determines is that none of the three is Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:53 AM   #485
Izulde
Head Coach

Blade, who all suspects do you have out of curiosity?

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:54 AM   #486
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
So targeting someone who is likely to be a plain villager, while not reducing the ranks of "evil" was probably an OK play for those two.

I think thats a key...they dont know who their allies are, and are afraid if they attack players who arent cleared they will kill another bad guy...thats the vibe i got from last nights selections in kills.

I have a small circle of trust now, and hopefully i can keep it alive long enough to make something of it down the road.
Demotivation
Old 11-29-2006, 09:55 AM   #487
hoopsguy
General Manager

If we have any information about what district the kills took place in that would be terrific. I saw a number of people (four that I can identify) there who left - I don't know if that implies that they live in Cavell and went elsewhere or that they visited Cavell last night and returned home.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:56 AM   #488
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

hoops, re-read the writeup, Chief specified all three. The first two were Whitechapel, the last Commercial.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 11-29-2006, 09:57 AM   #489
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
I came upon the end of the attack on Fouts. Unfortunately, I did not recognize his killer, but I'm quite certain it was not Blade, st.cronin, nor ntndeacon as they responded to my call for help.

The only thing I think that this definitively determines is that none of the three is Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde.

1. Do you know for sure it was Hyde?
2. What district did this take place?
Old 11-29-2006, 10:01 AM   #490
hoopsguy
General Manager

MrW, based on your list of people who responded I can safely assume that the four people I saw left Cavell to head to other districts. So if we do want to pursue identifying who lives where I can identify myself and four others. And probably go process of elimination on a couple of others as well.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:01 AM   #491
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Blade, who all suspects do you have out of curiosity?

I have a day action as well..i can bribe an urchin to spy on a sector one tiem a game. It cost me all of my gold, but i figured night 1 was a good time to expect quite a few kills. I did, and sent him to commerical. He told me about the WW who killed tyrith in his sleep, and told me the only other player in the area was barkeep. So i think you can imagine who my suspect is today. From the urchin i know he was in commercial last night, i know the WW killed tyrith in commerical last night, and the PM said barkeep was the only other player there. So i take that to mean he killed tyrith.

I should have sent him to white-chapel with the 2 kills since it was a one time gig, but i figured the bad guys would avoid the most populous street. I got lucky with one though. Now i have no gold, and i make it back at only 2 gold a day so it will be 5 days until i can hire another spy. But i figured it better i say this now then die with this knowledge
Demotivation
Old 11-29-2006, 10:01 AM   #492
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post

What I meant was I was hoping to learn something about Fouts' death since I was there at the opium den when he died nearby last night.

Evidentally at the time Fouts was killed, I was having drug induced dreams about the best baseball team of all time. I can only assume from my PM that I was so in awe at the utter display of baseball talent and some of the finest pitching that human kind has ever seen.

Back to serious game stuff... to follow up on my reply to Path from pre-PM.. I did try to use my daytime ability but ended up finding out that it didn't end up happening for me. So no luck here.

I also will note that I was robbed last night. While away someone broke in and stole the very few Shillings that I had. I'm guessing whoever the robber was, they ended up pretty dissapointed at their poor target

Well, anyways I don't have anything great and useful today to bring to the table. I'm going to try to keep up with the thread as best as possible, but I am utterly swamped at work. I have vendors in today, going out for dinner with vendors tonight. I might be in the thread at times today, but likely will just be trying to keep up and very little time for posting.

For now I'll throw out a vote just in case I get so swamped later that I can't get back.

Vote DaddyTorgo

His being utterly confused about certain things last night puts him in a similar category with a few others. I don't know if it makes him good or bad, but i think it significantly reduces the amount of good people he could be.

I'm not sold on this vote so can move it if something breaks today. It was a tossup for me between Bulletsponge and DaddyTorgo though. For the record, I also put St.Cronin in the same category as type of role, but he's been participating a bit more with thoughts so I'm not as eager to try to lynch him this morning.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:01 AM   #493
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

hoops, see #488 immediately above.

I don't know for sure that it was Hyde, but it was a huge man who tore Fouts apart, so I think it's the logical conclusion.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:03 AM   #494
Blade6119
Coordinator

And it was a one time gig in being able to spy on a sector...i have 1 more time in 5 days in which i can follow a person. Then im out of day actions.
Demotivation
Old 11-29-2006, 10:04 AM   #495
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Blade, do you have any idea of when your urchin saw Barkeep relative to Tyrith's slaying?

Old 11-29-2006, 10:04 AM   #496
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Back to serious game stuff... to follow up on my reply to Path from pre-PM.. I did try to use my daytime ability but ended up finding out that it didn't end up happening for me. So no luck here.

Sorry, i had to place an offer of 10 shillings for my action to be successful. Tomorrow you may feel free to offer again, as i wont be able to
Demotivation
Old 11-29-2006, 10:05 AM   #497
st.cronin
General Manager

vote Barkeep

Based on trusting Blade. What a strange game, eh?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:06 AM   #498
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Blade, do you have any idea of when your urchin saw Barkeep relative to Tyrith's slaying?

He made no mention of time in the PM, or about Barkeep actions or intentions. Only that he was there.

He did say the WW entered the district, implying somebody left another district to go to commercial and kill tyrith. He never said barkeep came or left, or that he was there the whole time. Only that barkeep was the only other person in commercial.
Demotivation
Old 11-29-2006, 10:08 AM   #499
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
I have a day action as well..i can bribe an urchin to spy on a sector one tiem a game. It cost me all of my gold, but i figured night 1 was a good time to expect quite a few kills. I did, and sent him to commerical. He told me about the WW who killed tyrith in his sleep, and told me the only other player in the area was barkeep. So i think you can imagine who my suspect is today. From the urchin i know he was in commercial last night, i know the WW killed tyrith in commerical last night, and the PM said barkeep was the only other player there. So i take that to mean he killed tyrith.

I should have sent him to white-chapel with the 2 kills since it was a one time gig, but i figured the bad guys would avoid the most populous street. I got lucky with one though. Now i have no gold, and i make it back at only 2 gold a day so it will be 5 days until i can hire another spy. But i figured it better i say this now then die with this knowledge

Its taking me alot of time to respond to stuff, so sorry if I'm really delayed. I start writing a post, then get sidetracked with work stuff for 10-30 min then come back to finish it. Was going to say your story makes alot of sense to me.. to follow up on what I said earlier.. path hinted at a day ability, and I said in response that I tried mine.. then later find out it failed. Just to go a little further without giving too much away, the day ability I have also involves using urchins.. however if they are preoccupied by someone who gives them alot of money (more than I give), then they can't carry through with my task. It sounds like you were the one that trumped my day time order and thus didn't allow mine to go through.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:09 AM   #500
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Blade -- I think you have bad info. I can tell you, with 100% certainty, that there was someone else in commercial district last night.

I am not a werewolf or any other kind of bad man.