Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-09-2006, 02:57 PM   #151
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
dammit chief. i told you, no hard feelings and we weren't complaining. it was constructive criticism, nothing more. and for all our whining about the balance, the writeups and the atmosphere and everything was awesome. i don't regret playing for a second. relax bub.

Relax? Dude, I'm totally chill. It's just a joke. It sounds like you need to relax, actually. I'm sorry if it's not a joking matter with you, and I will lay off it. Poor decision on my part. Sorry for being a tool.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 02:58 PM   #152
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
I'm leaning this way, too. And Chief Rum not coming out and admitting to being in the Guard seems odd as well.

Technically, I did. I just didn't want to say it because it was soooo cliche.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:03 PM   #153
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
No wonder your offense cant keep up with my D
We beat you in spring practice every year.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:08 PM   #154
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Two quick things...

ARDENT!!!!!!!!! Whats up bro? Haven't talked to you in a while, give me a call sometime.

And Barkeep, you are so over analyzing this crap it is pathetic. If I wanted to kill you I would challenge you to a duel. Nothing restricts my ability to do so. I am a Cardinals Guard, not a blasted musketeer.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:10 PM   #155
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Two quick things...

ARDENT!!!!!!!!! Whats up bro? Haven't talked to you in a while, give me a call sometime.

And Barkeep, you are so over analyzing this crap it is pathetic. If I wanted to kill you I would challenge you to a duel. Nothing restricts my ability to do so. I am a Cardinals Guard, not a blasted musketeer.
Well what good is WW if one can't over analyize . I'm still waiting, however, for any kind of proof of the two claims you made. I really hope others join me in voting against dubb as his behavior has been quite suspicious and given what we know seems to be more than enough for a day 1 lynch, imo.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:13 PM   #156
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Well what good is WW if one can't over analyize . I'm still waiting, however, for any kind of proof of the two claims you made. I really hope others join me in voting against dubb as his behavior has been quite suspicious and given what we know seems to be more than enough for a day 1 lynch, imo.

Im not going to vote him just yet for that reason alone, but I do want to ask him the same question I asked of Izulde earlier...

If you are a good guy and have great skill with your weapon, and your biggest benefit to your team is getting a bad guy to duel you.. what benefit is there in coming out and saying right at the start you have great skill and causing them to shy away from you?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:15 PM   #157
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

"Spoken like a true Musketeer, Barkeep. Your game has gone on long enough, prepare for your death. I challenge you to a duel."

:drops glove:

"What say ye?"
Old 12-09-2006, 03:18 PM   #158
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Word.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:25 PM   #159
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
"Spoken like a true Musketeer, Barkeep. Your game has gone on long enough, prepare for your death. I challenge you to a duel."

:drops glove:

"What say ye?"
Well at least this proves that you can challenge people. Glad to get that out of the way.

I'll answer your request for a duel when you give some justification for claiming I said what I did not say.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:28 PM   #160
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

vote dubb
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:28 PM   #161
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Question for Gram: Does fighting to the third blood mean that someone dies if they lose a duel? Presumably a gunshot would be fatal, but are swordfights guarenteed to be the same?
Old 12-09-2006, 03:33 PM   #162
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well at least this proves that you can challenge people. Glad to get that out of the way.

I'll answer your request for a duel when you give some justification for claiming I said what I did not say.

Coward!

Quote:
I'm still waiting, however, for any kind of proof of the two claims you made. I really hope others join me in voting against dubb as his behavior has been quite suspicious and given what we know seems to be more than enough for a day 1 lynch, imo.

An attempted bandwagon on day 1 barkeep? You should know better. You have no evidence against me, other than knowing I'm not one of your precious musketeers.

Why did I say what I did? You vote me b/c I claim to be good at dueling? You say this must be a mark of a musketeer? This means you are either a( a musketeer trying to stir the pot or b( a real crappy skilled Cardinals guard.

I call you on it and you claim that you never said such a thing. However, I still maintain, if you are voting me based solely on my professed skill, it must be jealousy or a musketeer ploy. To that end, if you are a Cardinals Guard, you obviously have no skill in fighting. Otherwise you would not have voted me.

After thinking, I'm more confident you are in fact a musketeer that was trying to stir the pot up against me and hope for a day 1 bandwagon on me. However I have called your bluff Barkeep.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:36 PM   #163
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
vote dubb

Ahhhh....great reasons you give for this vote Lathum. Thats some good sleuthing.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:37 PM   #164
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Thank you for finally explaining how you got the claims I never said. You cannot make inferences and accept them as fact.

I, for instance, think that the musketeers will be good sword fighters. You claim to be a good sword fighter. Therefore, I decided that I would vote for you on Day 1. I mean everyone has to vote for somebody on Day 1 and that seemed like as good of a reason as any. However, your reaction to this has been, I feel, completely disproportiante.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:39 PM   #165
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Just to go random.
Vote BrianD
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:40 PM   #166
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
However, your reaction to this has been, I feel, completely disproportiante.

What can I say, I'm starting to get my feel for the game back. As the great Schmidty once said, no matter what anyone says about him or Blade, I will always be more defensive them either one of them.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:40 PM   #167
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm sad dubb has challenged me. I feel backed into a corner:

1. On the one hand I think it's more likely than not that he could be better than I at sword fighting. Knowing I am a Cardinal's Guard if I get killed, that seems bad for my team.

2. I seem like a complete and utter wuss, however, if I decline his invitation.

3. If he is a musketeer, which I'm hardly convinced of, but do feel better (at this point) about it as a D1 vote than most D1 votes, than I'm doing my team a disservice by not accepting the challenge.
Hoops, Lathum, I see you in the thread. What do you two think?
Old 12-09-2006, 03:41 PM   #168
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Just to go random.
Vote BrianD

Heh, I was going to vote him for not checking in but was giving him more time.

Right now, I probably will just vote for Dubb for completely ignoring my question. Izulde never responded to it either, but I would have to go back and check if Izulde has been around since I asked. I do not recall.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:41 PM   #169
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep, the problem with this line of thought is that if we do have good sword fighters among the Guard why would we want to vote for them on Day 1 instead of keep them around to potentially engage in a duel against an enemy - thus allowing us the potential to bag two bad guys in a day at some stage?

You think he is a bad guy and have illustrated the point. I think, up to this point, I can see your argument. But I would expect the better course of action is to call upon our "seer" role (assuming it is in this one, like just about every other WW game) to take a peek at him in the near future.

By taking the course you have you are setting up a confrontation. I have no idea if that is good or bad for the Guard cause but we don't have any real information on Day 1 so I would expect the chances for "villager/villager" to be higher today than at any point in the game.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:42 PM   #170
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Barkeep, the ball is in your court...

UNVOTE BARKEEP

VOTE LATHUM

No one votes me and gives no reason.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:43 PM   #171
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Alan, I think you will see why I've got my skills out in the public. I'm working my way through a progression here. I feel confident that Blade and Barkeep were mistakes after listening to them. Now I've moved on to someone else.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:43 PM   #172
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I need popcorn and soda.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:44 PM   #173
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I highly recommend you reject that challenge Barkeep. I'm getting some conversation going on day 1. That is what I want to do.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:45 PM   #174
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
What can I say, I'm starting to get my feel for the game back. As the great Schmidty once said, no matter what anyone says about him or Blade, I will always be more defensive them either one of them.
Sorry. I think schmidty is still the ultimate defensive player. I can't take that away from him
Old 12-09-2006, 03:47 PM   #175
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, I think you will see why I've got my skills out in the public. I'm working my way through a progression here. I feel confident that Blade and Barkeep were mistakes after listening to them. Now I've moved on to someone else.

So you are saying you are trying to use your ability or alleged ability to bully others into talking?
Old 12-09-2006, 04:02 PM   #176
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Relax? Dude, I'm totally chill. It's just a joke. It sounds like you need to relax, actually. I'm sorry if it's not a joking matter with you, and I will lay off it. Poor decision on my part. Sorry for being a tool.

i got that you were joking dude. sorry my sense of humor doesn't always come off the best over the interweb.

DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:12 PM   #177
st.cronin
General Manager

vote SnDvls

He's the closest I've got to a nemesis - always on the opposite side from me, it seems.

I'm going to stay away from the dubb piss-fest.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:15 PM   #178
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i got that you were joking dude. sorry my sense of humor doesn't always come off the best over the interweb.

lol...I think we're both tools. That's cool, I totally took you serious and was stunned.

Old 12-09-2006, 04:21 PM   #179
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I don't know what to make of some people's actions so far on day 1.

For now I'll

Vote izulde

for not responding to my question earlier on.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:26 PM   #180
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All right, when dubb threw down the glove, I had the instant reaction that Lathum did, saying that was way too fast and he should be out of here.

That said, I am mindful of the fact we usually end up killing good guys on Day One based on house of card reasoning. I don't know that it is so wise for dubb to play it this way, even to get conversation going, because it puts a target on him. That is a very un-bad-guy-like move on Day One (too forward), but also a very bad guy move for the savvy vet who wants to try to establish his own trust on the basis of that logic. And from what I understand, dubb is a savvy vet (albeit one who predates my time in the game).

I am actually resigned to the fact we will end up killing a Cardinal guard today. So I figure it might be a good idea to pick two candidates (but not dubb...yet), two players who aren't saying much or nothing at all, so we remove someone less active, and get less than a majority on them. That way we see a duel and get a handle on the ability of at least one person (whoever lives).

Odds we're going to kill a good guy, unfortunately. Maybe we can get some good from it.

Old 12-09-2006, 04:28 PM   #181
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

An obvious choice for one candidate is BrianD, who is th eonly player to not check in yet, I believe. The other is tougher to say, but if we go strictly on post count right now, we're looking at Fouts, LoneStarGirl and path12.

Old 12-09-2006, 04:39 PM   #182
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
So you are saying you are trying to use your ability or alleged ability to bully others into talking?

Thats exactly what I'm saying.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:40 PM   #183
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Although we still have had no response from Lathum. Nothing like a guy dropping in, making a vote post with no explanation and leaving.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:45 PM   #184
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Although we still have had no response from Lathum. Nothing like a guy dropping in, making a vote post with no explanation and leaving.

The timing of the vote was immediately after one of bk's posts stating reasons against you...i think his vote is an agreement with those reasons... With what was going on at the time, i dont think its really a random vote.

Granted, he should still use reasons...BUT, i think i felt i knew what they were given the context of the situation. Sometimes i have no idea why people make certain votes, and this was not one of them
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:46 PM   #185
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I agree that that isn't the way he should have gone, and elevates his profile a bit on Day One, but I also think his vote, coming off of your throwdown (next post? post after that? I forget...) didn't need much explanation.

Personally, I think you should pick the glove up.

Old 12-09-2006, 04:49 PM   #186
Blade6119
Coordinator

Hey, stop trying to move in on my thoughtful analysis chief!
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:51 PM   #187
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
The timing of the vote was immediately after one of bk's posts stating reasons against you...i think his vote is an agreement with those reasons... With what was going on at the time, i dont think its really a random vote.

Granted, he should still use reasons...BUT, i think i felt i knew what they were given the context of the situation. Sometimes i have no idea why people make certain votes, and this was not one of them

I agree with this. People should always give a reason, so shame on you Lathum. However, I think his reasoning was easy enough to infer given context.

Going off of what Chief has stated: I think killing some the UTR players is not a bad thing. We've had a few games structurally break down because all the quiet people are the only ones left. So getting back the expectation that you need to participate, or else you could easily end up in the noose, would be a good idea.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:52 PM   #188
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Personally, I think you should pick the glove up.

I have no intention of doing so unless another player crosses me harder or Barkeep moves his vote elsewhere. His vote on me shows me he believe I am a musketeer, which I am not. That is offensive enough in my book for a duel. If he moves his vote, I pick up the glove. If he believes me to be a musketeer, I would like the chance to duel him.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:53 PM   #189
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey, stop trying to move in on my thoughtful analysis chief!

I'm like you without the intentional antagonism, and AlanT without the post count.

Old 12-09-2006, 04:54 PM   #190
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I agree with this. People should always give a reason, so shame on you Lathum. However, I think his reasoning was easy enough to infer given context.

Going off of what Chief has stated: I think killing some the UTR players is not a bad thing. We've had a few games structurally break down because all the quiet people are the only ones left. So getting back the expectation that you need to participate, or else you could easily end up in the noose, would be a good idea.

I definitely am willing to play this game.

knives out
Old 12-09-2006, 04:57 PM   #191
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have no intention of doing so unless another player crosses me harder or Barkeep moves his vote elsewhere. His vote on me shows me he believe I am a musketeer, which I am not. That is offensive enough in my book for a duel. If he moves his vote, I pick up the glove. If he believes me to be a musketeer, I would like the chance to duel him.

So are you playing it this way in the spirit of the game? Or are you playing out a mechanic or role definition you have been given? Because if everyone throws down the glove when they get voted, this game will be over in two days.

If you are forced by role or mechanic to throw down the glove over this, then I think that would be an interesting thing for us all to know.

If you are doing it for flavor, well, IMO, that just muddies up the water for us all as we're trying to figure things out. If you're good, making things unclear is bad. If you're bad, doing so, is of course what you want.

This is the sort of thing I am sure will keep the target on you after we get some more information on our roles and from night actions.

Old 12-09-2006, 04:57 PM   #192
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I definitely am willing to play this game.

Brian, fouts, lsg, path...those are the 4 low posters in this thread that are playing...not sure who has been quietest since the game actually started, but for the thread those are the 4 with 3 or less posts
Demotivation
Old 12-09-2006, 04:58 PM   #193
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Because if everyone throws down the glove when they get voted, this game will be over in two days.

There can only be one duel a day, so thats really not true
Demotivation
Old 12-09-2006, 05:01 PM   #194
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Following up on what I said before (matching two UTR players), I think we should start the focus now. BrianD has a vote already. I have pointed out Fouts, LSG and path as three players with low post counts at this point.

So I will vote for one of them to get the ball rolling on a second candidate (hopefully).

VOTE FOUTS

Why Fouts? Well, we have had a history in past games, so I figure a vote from me on him will probably get his goat and he'll come on here and rip me a new one. If he does, then I'll switch over to one of the others (since they will be less active than that). If he doesn't, then I will truly know Fouts isn't paying attention.

Old 12-09-2006, 05:02 PM   #195
st.cronin
General Manager

unvote SnDvls
vote LoneStarGirl

knives out
Old 12-09-2006, 05:03 PM   #196
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There can only be one duel a day, so thats really not true

Hmm, you're right. I missed that. I don't think that removes the basic logic behind my meanderings there, though. Throwing down the glove if you're good only mucks things up at this point. It's a move a bad guy might want to make, but probably wouldn't dare to on Day One. If a good guy does it, it just plain isn't a good idea.

Old 12-09-2006, 05:04 PM   #197
Blade6119
Coordinator

UNVOTE ST. CRONIN

VOTE BRIAND
Demotivation
Old 12-09-2006, 05:05 PM   #198
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
unvote SnDvls
vote LoneStarGirl

Why LSG? If we focus on more than two UTR players, we could end up with no duel between them at all, or between one of them and one who has already proclaimed their skills (dubb, Izulde, etc.).

Old 12-09-2006, 05:06 PM   #199
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Why LSG? If we focus on more than two UTR players, we could end up with no duel between them at all, or between one of them and one who has already proclaimed their skills (dubb, Izulde, etc.).
Well to have a duel we need less the a majority on either...so we need to keep it low. I say we create a tie between the two of them with both having 7 votes...that should do the trick
Demotivation
Old 12-09-2006, 05:09 PM   #200
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

Fouts and BrianD historically are players I enjoy having around. Not that LSG isn't a good player, but there have been a couple of games where she has been pretty much invisible.

knives out