Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-05-2007, 02:11 PM   #301
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

I'm leaning towards believing Brian, if only for the fact that Alan is still alive. If Brian was responsible for killing spleen, I think he would have taken Alan out last night.

I think I know who Brian is hinting at that can come along and clear him. If I'm correct in this, then Brian will have my full trust. Whatever that's worth.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:13 PM   #302
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Normally I would have kept pretty quiet, but you were the only one that said anything at all suspicious. Once that was out and you mentioned seeing someone in your dream (I didn't know you would see me), I had to try to let you know what I was doing there. I've never tried to feed anyone my role before, so I'm clearly not overly skilled doing so.

Go back and read yesterday morning's posts. Start with where I revealed about Spleen's death and my reveal about my role with him and my dream I had. Then look at your posts that immediately follow then our interaction.

Even re-reading it, it looks like you came out agressively at me, tossed out bait for other people to bite on, when no one bit, you changed directions a bit and tried to play along with me. Am I reading too much into these posts? I must have reread that interaction about 100 times over the last 24 hours. It just feels bad to me.

Like I said though, having a second person verify your dream story will help me feel worlds better about you.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:14 PM   #303
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
The person I watched last night was RPI-Fan. I can't say for sure that he saw me since I didn't know that you saw me, but that is who I watched. That is also why I strongly hinted that you weren't going to get any verification.

And Brian posted this whilst I was typing, which goes right along with what I was thinking.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:16 PM   #304
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Isn't that sweet. Alan threatening to beat someone up because of me.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:16 PM   #305
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well Brian, like I said before.. I can only play with the cards I was dealt. I havent voted for you yet today, and am willing to let RPI verify your story as well as give a seer a chance to scan you. If I don't vote for you though, who is a good alternate vote for today?

So far no one has talked about anything this game other than me and its been frustrating.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:18 PM   #306
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Isn't that sweet. Alan threatening to beat someone up because of me.

I was mainly referring to a few games ago in the TOlkien game when someone did the fake seer reveal, and like 2 or 3 days maybe they had scanned someone who turned up dead the next day

Obviously I wasn't going to get violent with Brian, just wanted to make sure that if he said your name, I likely would have voted for him immediately
Old 01-05-2007, 02:25 PM   #307
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan View Post
No special abilities... if I had any I would have revealed last evening when I thought I had 12 hours to stay alive.

So while I'm happy I'll still have an opportunity to catch the bad guys, I don't think I have any special abilities to help with that.

I'll be at work all day today, but should be back for several hours before the deadline... as a placeholder (based on somewhat unusual behavior yesterday):

VOTE BARKEEP49

Quote:
Anybody have anything juicy to share this morning? Any more dreams or visions or whatever? It feels like we are still on day one and we need to find a direction soon...

One thing though.. you say you hinted that the person from last night might not be around, but before you did that you posted the above post a good 2 1/2 hours after RPI had left for work for the day.

Luckily he will be back with a few hours before the deadline he said so we can wait till then I suppose. But just going back and looking for your hints, and they aren't all as clear cut to me as you seem to indicate they should be.

Perhaps its just a case of me being overly dense and not seeing the hints, but for every one I see, I see a piece of opposite evidence that invalidates it in my mind some. So I still really don't know how to feel about you right now Brian.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:29 PM   #308
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

One unrelated thing I am wondering.. RPI escaped death last night due to what I assumed was role related. Reading back through though, he didn't know anything about his ability to avoid lynch and had actually thought he was lynched before St.Cronin clarified he was still alive.

Do we fully assume his avoiding the lynch was role related and just unknown to him? Or could it be action related and truly some form of trial? Ie: not voting for a good guy the previous vote, or that vote or something.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:32 PM   #309
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Brian, why would you chose RPI fan? He was already cleared as being on the side of light
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:34 PM   #310
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Brian, why would you chose RPI fan? He was already cleared as being on the side of light

If Brian is telling the truth, I know why he chose RPI fan but spelling it out is probably a bad thing to do if he is telling the truth.

Since RPI was confirmed good at the lynch, I have absolutely no problem seeing what he says later when he comes in. I don't know that I need Brian to spell out more of his role just yet...
Old 01-05-2007, 02:35 PM   #311
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
One thing though.. you say you hinted that the person from last night might not be around, but before you did that you posted the above post a good 2 1/2 hours after RPI had left for work for the day.

Luckily he will be back with a few hours before the deadline he said so we can wait till then I suppose. But just going back and looking for your hints, and they aren't all as clear cut to me as you seem to indicate they should be.

Perhaps its just a case of me being overly dense and not seeing the hints, but for every one I see, I see a piece of opposite evidence that invalidates it in my mind some. So I still really don't know how to feel about you right now Brian.

This may be bad mechanics from me, but I didn't want to make it too obvious that I was dropping hints. I wanted to play like I didn't know what was going on in the general communications, but be more direct in the conversations with you. In general I want more communication. In response to you, I tried to say that you weren't going to get the verification you were looking for.

I wasn't attacking you the first day. Your story sounded odd so I brought it up for discussion. i was hoping for more discussion than we got. Right now, we really have nobody to look seriously at, so we are probably looking at a random vote. If you take me out of that random pool, you will slightly increase your chance of getting a bad guy.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:35 PM   #312
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
I'm leaning towards believing Brian, if only for the fact that Alan is still alive. If Brian was responsible for killing spleen, I think he would have taken Alan out last night.

I would actualy be inclined to assume based on Alan's semi reveal yesterday that the bad guys would steer clear of Alan thinking he may have been guarded last night
Old 01-05-2007, 02:37 PM   #313
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I would actualy be inclined to assume based on Alan's semi reveal yesterday that the bad guys would steer clear of Alan thinking he may have been guarded last night

I've been completely open with my role and now that I named Brian, have told everyone everything I know in this game. If they want to take the time to kill me then so be it. Better me than someone important. The bodyguard shouldn't waste any time guarding me at all. I'm simply not worth it.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:38 PM   #314
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If Brian is telling the truth, I know why he chose RPI fan but spelling it out is probably a bad thing to do if he is telling the truth.

Since RPI was confirmed good at the lynch, I have absolutely no problem seeing what he says later when he comes in. I don't know that I need Brian to spell out more of his role just yet...

You really shouldn't...
Old 01-05-2007, 02:39 PM   #315
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Do we fully assume his avoiding the lynch was role related and just unknown to him? Or could it be action related and truly some form of trial? Ie: not voting for a good guy the previous vote, or that vote or something.

The rules state that some good people may survive the trial. I'd assume he was predisposed to survive the trial.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:43 PM   #316
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

[quote=Alan T;1349608]If Brian is telling the truth, I know why he chose RPI fan but spelling it out is probably a bad thing to do if he is telling the truth.

QUOTE]

this is such a typical statement from you.

I guess I'm a moron because I can see no reason why Brian would look into RPI
Old 01-05-2007, 02:46 PM   #317
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
DAY 1 has begun. Voting closes at 8pm Eastern Time. Chief Rum's vote will count, as will all votes made during the night period. One other note in answer to some pms - there are NO die rolls in this game. All results have been determined in advance.

I take this to mean that it doesn't matter that it was RPI who was lynched yesterday. Any of us good guys lynched would have had the same result.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:48 PM   #318
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I've been completely open with my role and now that I named Brian, have told everyone everything I know in this game. If they want to take the time to kill me then so be it. Better me than someone important. The bodyguard shouldn't waste any time guarding me at all. I'm simply not worth it.

true that may be now but when you went to sleep last night you were guarding Brian's name and you possesed the only piece of information we had. IMO the bodyguard was forced to protect you last night
Old 01-05-2007, 02:48 PM   #319
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Quote:

this is such a typical statement from you.

I guess I'm a moron because I can see no reason why Brian would look into RPI

now now no need to get personal. I don't think you're a moron, I just have spent way too much time overanalyzing everythign Brian has posted this game.

I guess my position is I am willing to wait for RPI for now. If RPI doesn't know anything about Brian or had no dream, then it probably is time for Brian to spill the beans as I'll be voting for him.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:49 PM   #320
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I take this to mean that it doesn't matter that it was RPI who was lynched yesterday. Any of us good guys lynched would have had the same result.

I don't think this is true. I think some people are predetermined to survive the trial, and some aren't. RPI was one of the lucky ones. Whoever we lynched the first day (path?) wasn't so lucky.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:50 PM   #321
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
true that may be now but when you went to sleep last night you were guarding Brian's name and you possesed the only piece of information we had. IMO the bodyguard was forced to protect you last night

I guess that is a fair enough arguement. My intentions in no means were to be bodyguarded yesterday and I would ask the bodyguard to not worry about me in the future though. However I'm not one to tell others how to play their role. I'm simply just trying to make it clear that I am not bluffing and I don't have some super secret more important role is all.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:55 PM   #322
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I don't think this is true. I think some people are predetermined to survive the trial, and some aren't. RPI was one of the lucky ones. Whoever we lynched the first day (path?) wasn't so lucky.

You could be right and I read st.cronin's post the wrong way. I guess the only way to test it is to lynch RPI again, but I don't think anyone wants to go for that. Except for the wolves, of course.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:56 PM   #323
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
now now no need to get personal. I don't think you're a moron, I just have spent way too much time overanalyzing everythign Brian has posted this game.

I guess my position is I am willing to wait for RPI for now. If RPI doesn't know anything about Brian or had no dream, then it probably is time for Brian to spill the beans as I'll be voting for him.

I have no reason to doubt RPI will have had a dream but why him? It makes no sense. If Brian feels he is protecting himself or someone else by all means keep quiet but it seems like an odd choice
Old 01-05-2007, 02:58 PM   #324
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I have no reason to doubt RPI will have had a dream but why him? It makes no sense. If Brian feels he is protecting himself or someone else by all means keep quiet but it seems like an odd choice

What do we know about RPI?
Old 01-05-2007, 02:59 PM   #325
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That he is good?
Old 01-05-2007, 03:01 PM   #326
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think you and I are accepting completely different parts of Brian's story. See for now I am not as sure RPI had a dream and think there is a chance he will come back and say he didn't, then Brian will have another excuse for us.

For me though if RPI does come back and say he did have a dream, for me thats enough to let Brian slide for today's vote and let the seer scan him tonight to check his story. If that occurs, I honestly have no clue where I will go with my vote though.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:01 PM   #327
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

that he is on the side of light
Old 01-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #328
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
that he is on the side of light

And aside from yourself, how else can you say that about?
Old 01-05-2007, 03:12 PM   #329
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think you and I are accepting completely different parts of Brian's story. See for now I am not as sure RPI had a dream and think there is a chance he will come back and say he didn't, then Brian will have another excuse for us.

I will have no other excuse. If he didn't have a dream, lynch me. Even if he did have a dream, go ahead and lynch me. You won't learn anything other than that I am good, and you will save the wolves the trouble.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:14 PM   #330
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

huh?
Old 01-05-2007, 03:14 PM   #331
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

That should read "who else".
Old 01-05-2007, 03:20 PM   #332
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well, I am still as confused as I have been. Work time is over for me though, but I put together a new laptop for home. I'm going out tonight with some friends, but I should have time to check in before I go out. Maybe 1 hour before deadline.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:21 PM   #333
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
That should read "who else".

well if I had to build a trust list RPI fan would be right behind me since the GM said he was on the side of light. I'm not trying to attack or criticize the use of your ability but RPI seems universaly the most trusted so why waste your ability on him.

Maybe I am off with my line of thinking.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:23 PM   #334
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
well if I had to build a trust list RPI fan would be right behind me since the GM said he was on the side of light. I'm not trying to attack or criticize the use of your ability but RPI seems universaly the most trusted so why waste your ability on him.

Maybe I am off with my line of thinking.

You are off with your line of thinking. The reasons you gave made him the best choice.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:32 PM   #335
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

well I am done with this discussion. for now we agree to disagree
Old 01-05-2007, 03:33 PM   #336
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
well I am done with this discussion. for now we agree to disagree

I don't think I am who you think I am.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:37 PM   #337
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I hate to say that I agree with Lathum (yuck) but I do. But maybe I am just not understanding Brian's full role. I feel that watching RPI was a wasted night activity that could cost us good guys in the long run.

And Jonathan, I really think that St. Cronin had already decided that if RPI was put through a trial, he would come out unscathed. Not that whoever we tried on the second night would come out okay. There are probably 1 or 2 more people just like RPI in the game
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:39 PM   #338
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I don't think I am who you think I am.

I think RPI fan is the only one i trust so we'll have to see what he says.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:40 PM   #339
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

IMO rpi=duke
Old 01-05-2007, 03:46 PM   #340
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
IMO rpi=duke

If this is the case then why did he claim to not have any special abilities? In fact, he thought he was out of the game until st.cronin said otherwise. If st.cronin decided beforehand that RPI wouldn't be killed from a lynch, I think it was news to RPI.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:50 PM   #341
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
If this is the case then why did he claim to not have any special abilities? In fact, he thought he was out of the game until st.cronin said otherwise. If st.cronin decided beforehand that RPI wouldn't be killed from a lynch, I think it was news to RPI.

maybe he didn't know he had that ability? i dunno but when the GM says he passed the trial and is on the side of light I am going to loook elsewhere, wouldn't you?
Old 01-05-2007, 03:57 PM   #342
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

No doubt. RPI is the only one I trust (after myself).
Old 01-05-2007, 03:58 PM   #343
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
This assumes that a 1 vs 1 run down with this person involves a bad person. If you are not bad and this person is not bad, does a run down still help?
The more people involved in a race, the better the chance of picking up a bad guy as one of the options, but there are also more opportunities for other bad guys to bury their vote. The fewer people are receiving votes, the easier it is to analyze when we show that one of the people receiving votes is a bad guy.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:59 PM   #344
st.cronin
General Manager

Vote Count:
2 - BrianD - Tyrith, Blade
1 - Tyrith - Chief Rum

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 04:02 PM   #345
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Tyriths hit and run worries me
Old 01-05-2007, 04:03 PM   #346
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Just from a "feel" perspective, I would probably vote for either Tyrith or DC. I'm available for another hour or so, and will make my vote before I go.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #347
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Lathum's obtuseness about this whole thing worries me.

If you believe Brian, then you should know better then to carry the discussion where you're carrying it. If you don't, come out and say it.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 01-05-2007, 04:05 PM   #348
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

It's going a little against my style to vote this early, and I'm not sure Tyrith is the best option, but after what I did last night :o I would like to get a vote in play.

VOTE Tyrith

Old 01-05-2007, 04:25 PM   #349
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Looks like my main chance to stay alive will be to

Vote Tyrith
Old 01-05-2007, 04:39 PM   #350
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Lathum's obtuseness about this whole thing worries me.

If you believe Brian, then you should know better then to carry the discussion where you're carrying it. If you don't, come out and say it.

I'm not sure how i am being obtuse by questioning brian, i really don't know if i believe him but i am trying to start some conversation and put the pieces together