Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-14-2005, 07:30 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

NCAA 06/Madden 06/Interactive: Taking over the F-L-A

Hello all.

With FIU becoming a DI football school, it was time to get the right man into the fold as head coach. After scouring bars, slums and soup kitchens, they found there man in me, Tommy Lawson, a hard-drinking Irishmen with a firey temper and a Bear Bryant approach to football.

Three and a cloud of dust? You bet your ass. This isn't football for the weak at heart. But before we contend for any form of recgoinition on the annals of college football history, we need to establish ourselves as the kings of Florida.

And so it shall begin.

The time is now for Miami, Florida and Florida State to give way to FIU.

And give way they shall.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 07:35 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

OVERVIEW

The goal is simple: Be the top school in Florida. To achieve this we will be playing Miami, FSU and UF every year (if possible) with the hopes of sweeping them and obtaining a higher season ending ranking then them.

I'll only recruit in Florida unless it's for a 5 star recruit, then I can branch out of state. If we can't get enough guys from FLA, we'll recruit from bordering states.

Now, to add interest, I would love to have FOFC'ers sign up as recruits for the season.

If you want in, respond back with your players name, city, state, heigh, weight and position. With regards to position, if you want to be a scrambling QB, let me know, and so on.

Now not every recruit will be the same rating. It'll be all random. No one will have less then a 75 OV, but occasionally (which I will base some way randomly) someone could be a super recruit.

So do sign up.

As this goes on, I'll be simming Madden with the Lions which I will also be documenting.

So come one, come all.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:12 PM   #3
JeffNights
College Prospect

Hey i'm in.

Jeff "Pipes" Nights
Wyandotte, Michigan
Height: 5'11
Weight: 250
Position: Running Back
Style: POWER, a bruiser, right into the line, no fancy moves here
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:18 PM   #4
st.cronin
General Manager

Sean "Preacher" Treacy
Santa Fe, NM
5'9", 178
FS
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:25 PM   #5
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Dan Ertmann
Crystal Lake, IL
6'1
scrambling qb
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:33 PM   #6
Izulde
Head Coach

Tim "Travelin' Man" Moungey
Racine, WI
5'11" 180
Speed WR

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 12:37 AM   #7
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Owen Hunter
Claremont, NH
6'1" 245
Pass Rushing DE
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 01:07 AM   #8
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Chad Rizzio
Clearwater FL
6"4 220
Jumping Receiver
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 02:17 AM   #9
The Phat Eskimo
n00b

Kevin Thomas
Richmond Hill, Ontario Canada( If you can't put in canadain towns and such just make up a home town for me)
6'3 230
MLB
I'm just a huge guy, out to kill the other QB and RB
The Phat Eskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 08:46 AM   #10
SelzShoes
High School Varsity

Seth Rodgers
Champaign, IL
5'11", 195
Punter/Kicker
SelzShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:44 AM   #11
Emiliano
College Prospect

Coooool! I love these kind of dynasties. I'm in.

Emiliano Bonetta
6'1'', 213 lbs.
Boston, MA
Running Back
White, brown hair, Adams helmet with black visor, Nasal strip and mouthpiece
If I end up on your team (which I really hope), I'd like to have #13
Old 08-15-2005, 10:27 AM   #12
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

David Yellope
6'3, 315 lbs
Boston, MA
DT
white, brown hair, nasal strip, war paint (glare strips)
Old 08-15-2005, 10:42 AM   #13
Blade
College Prospect

Mike Tokunaga
Edmonton, AB, Canada (if you can't do a Canadian City, do Philadelphia, PA)
6"2 220
MLB

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 12:07 PM   #14
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I'll let season 1 go on w/ normal schedules to be fair. The guts of this starts season 2 anyways, so for now, not very detailed
Old 08-15-2005, 12:10 PM   #15
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WEEK TWO

FIU @ Kansas State

In a tightly contested game played in Manhattan, FIU almost eeked out an amazing upset, but instead fell 28-23. The ground attack was fairly productive as starting back Reams ran 24 times for 103 yards and two scores.

Sadly those bastards could throw, torching our secondary for 350 yards.

In recruiting news, we focus on a 5 star RB from Missouri for the hell of it. We round out our potential recruits with mostly 3, but some 4 star players from Florida.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:11 PM   #16
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Also .. When I do write this, I am gonna do Stream of Concious for the reason it'll flow better and capture the thoughts of a college coach. We know they're handcuffed in what they say, but not what they think.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:16 PM   #17
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WEEK THREE

FIU @ #17 Texas Tech

What a gong show! Reams runs 21 times for 60 yards. I tell him played alright, all things considered, but let' s be honst .. I've seen kids throwing games play better. That Tech team, the asses. Their QB Hodges threw for 450 yards. What is up with our secondary? I swear it looks like our fastest DB clocked in with a 4.9 40 time. Drinking sounds pretty damn good right now .. Then again, it also did during the fourth quarter. Hope no one sees my flask on the sidelines.

In recruiting news, we up the ante on RB Jason Jackson (5 *, Kirksville MO). We need a back, and we can offer him lots of touches asap. We also pressure DB Scott Tyler (4 *, Goldenrod FL). With whats going on in our secondary, we need players.. FAST
Old 08-15-2005, 12:21 PM   #18
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WEEK FOUR

Well, we don't lose! .. Mainly because we have a bye week. I decide to keep pressuring Tyler and Jackson. We're making this a two man class during the season. We gotta' get speed in here on both sides of the ball. We decide to nix the one MLB and WR we're going after and allot their points to our potential studs.

In other news .. Urban Meyer called me today to say it was inappropriate to say his kid has a lazy eye. The pussy.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:23 PM   #19
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WEEK FIVE

FIU @ Arkansas State

Do we even have a home stadium? Reams runs 12 times for 70 yards and a score. Sadly we were so far down we just ran most of our time off the clock. ASU wins 34-16 in an absolute ugly game.

To make matters worse, Larry Coker called. Apparently he can't handle being called Larry Cokehead. WELL SNIFF SNIFF LARRY!

In recruiting news, Tyler and Jackson continue getting peer pressured. Hey -- Get 'em while they're young, am I right?!
Old 08-15-2005, 12:28 PM   #20
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WEEK SIX

Well balls! We have a home game vs Florida A&M. If we lose this one, heads will roll, this is for sure. The trash talking was insane out there. Of course, before the game Bobby Bowden told ESPN that he found it amusing I talked trash about him when I am playing for 115th in the Nation. I mutter he's an assclown and make special plans for a TD celebration next year with his name on it.

Anyway, we should play every game at home, as we thrash A&M 45-16. Reams runs 34 times for 254 yards and 2 TD's and then told Bowden to suck it! Of course we're lucky to get PBS to our games so no one saw it but me, but I gave him four stokes just for that.

In recruiting news, Jacksons noodled us down to his top 5 as he loves our shock and awe approach. We're second behind the Sooners. He doesn't need Bob Stoops .. F Bob Stoops I say.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:31 PM   #21
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WEEK SEVEN

FIU @ Troy

AND WE WIN ON THE ROAD! Reams is turning into a player as he rumbles 41 times for 157 yards and all three of our scores in a 21-14 win in Troy.

The good news doesn't end there, as Tyler noodles his list down to five, and who is tops? US! OVER OKLAHOMA! TAKE THAT STOOPS!
Old 08-15-2005, 12:32 PM   #22
DeToxRox
Head Coach

PS - Recruiting and stuff will go on, then the Madden season will be summarized, and so forth.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:35 PM   #23
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WEEK EIGHT

North Texas vs FIU

BREAK EM UP! North Texas, the team expected to take the Sun Belt comes into Miami and gets beat 31-21 thanks to two Reams TD runs in the fourth quarter with under 6 minutes left. Reams runs 42 times for 159 yards and 3 TD's and is slowly becoming my drinking buddy as I keep buying for him with these kind of performances.

Nothing new on the recruiting front, other then all our eggs are now in two baskets. 60 points to Jackson and 40 to Tyler. Everyone else is gone. It's go big or go home, baby.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:38 PM   #24
DeToxRox
Head Coach

MID YEAR REVIEW

[/b]BCS RANKINGS

1. Oklahoma
2. Miami
3. Florida
4. Tennessee
5. Virginia
6. USC
7. Michigan
8. Iowa
9. Ohio State
10. Boise State

HEISMAN HOOPLAH

Joseph Ayoob (QB, CAL)
Drew Tate (QB, Iowa)
Reggie Bush (RB, USC)
Leon Washington (RB, FSU)
Chad Jackson (WR, UF)
Old 08-15-2005, 12:39 PM   #25
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WEEK NINE

A bye week interupting our momentum. Corso is pissed! But we get good news as Jackson has named his top three .. AND FIU IS IN THE MIX! It's down to us, OU and Nebraska. We schedule a visit next week when we take on Middle Tennessee State. Talk about a big game to shine?
Old 08-15-2005, 12:45 PM   #26
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WEEK TEN

Middle Tennessee State vs FIU

In maybe the biggest game in FIU's history, with our most highly touted recruit watching, we roll to a fourth straight victory in a 38-21 triumpth over MTSU. I preached to Jackson we run and run and run, and he got to see it on display as Reams runs 34 times for 128 yards and 2 TDs.

We're sitting at 4-3 (3-1 in the Sun Belt) and looking like a possible bowl team if we keep it up. Granted, we need to win the Sun Belt to be sure, but we have the ability with how we're playing.

YES! Jacksons given us a soft verbal. He liked what he saw, but we need to keep it up to show we're ont he verge of big things. In other good news, Tyler names us in his top 3 with FSU and OU. We schedule a visit for our next home game vs Western Kentucky. We seem to be sitting pretty.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:49 PM   #27
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WEEK ELEVEN

FIU vs UL Monroe

BAH! SON OF A BITCH! F'ING DEFENSE! We lose 38-31 with 48 seconds left. This is a game that could have very well ended any bowl chance. Reams was decent with 29 carries for 112 yards and 2 TD but it could be all for naught.

We hope this loss doesn't ruin our chance with Jackson and Tyler. We'll need to redeem ourselves.

SHIT SHIT SHIT

Jackson is going to OU. We blew a top tier talent. We're gonna have to pursue Tyler hard or this is a total bust.

I'll let the team know how pissed I am.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:55 PM   #28
DeToxRox
Head Coach

SEASON WRITE UP

We sucked when we needed it most. We lost two games in the thick of a recruiting war and lost both Jackson and Tyler to Oklahoma. It's a drag it had to end that way but it did, and we'll live with it.

Regardless, we do go 6-5 (4-3) so it wasn't all bust. It will get better though, this I can promise.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:56 PM   #29
DeToxRox
Head Coach

HEISMAN

Adrian Peterson wins the Heisman, beating out Bush and Ayoob.

His #s were impressive: 1771 yards and 18 TD for one of the Nations top squads.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:02 PM   #30
DeToxRox
Head Coach

BCS GAMES

ROSE BOWL

#1 Oklahoma vs #2 USC

USC 38 vs OU 31

ORANGE BOWL

#4 Michigan vs #14 Virginia

UM 14 vs UVA 24

FIESTA BOWL

#7 Ohio State vs #3 Florida

OSU 0 vs UF 31

SUGAR BOWL

Cincinnatti vs #9 Auburn

CIN 14 vs AUB 43
Old 08-15-2005, 01:12 PM   #31
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

If we can keep signing up (for next season I guess)...Rob is back again!

Rob Nielsen
Chicago, IL
6'4", 228
QB - Pocket Passer
White, Brown Hair, No Strips/Face Paint, Left Handed
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 01:44 PM   #32
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Oh yeah!

Dat King
Ocala, FL (Not my real home town, but I wanna play for FIU!)
6'4 245 lbs.
MLB
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 02:15 PM   #33
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I'll get all recruits in (it it'll allow me) up to DataKing. Anyone signing up after him will be year two.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:39 PM   #34
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Well hell! I forgot to save the last two games, and though our recruits don't change, we do go 7-5 (with a bowl win) and get invited to replace SMU in the Conference USA which we accept.

So I get a new contract and a new conference.

WATCH OUT FLORIDA!
Old 08-15-2005, 02:42 PM   #35
DeToxRox
Head Coach

It's time to start looking over tape of some recruits.

The first one I see is of this RB from Michigan, Jeff Nights. Talk about a mack truck. My scouts tell me that on our grading scale, he rates an 84 as a freshman. He doesn't have much speed or the moves, but man, he cannot be brought down. At 5'11. 250, he could just level anyone. Hell, he's bigger then all my LB's.

Sadly, he lives in Michigan, so F this kid. Yet someone will be getting a stud.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:45 PM   #36
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Next is a little shit from New Mexico .. A Free Saftey .. I don't believe he can be good but my scouts tell me they have him has an 80. He doesn't wow you, but he does everything right. With that size, he reeks over pesky overachiever.

I hated the movie Rudy, this kid is Rudy.

Sean Treacy .. Rudy .. Whatever .. He's from New Mexico, I won't touch him.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:48 PM   #37
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Here's an intriguing guy. Dan Ertmann, a scrambling QB from Illinois. My scouts give him a 76 rating, based on the fact he doesn't have great passing ability, but he can move. If this kid red shirts, he can develope into a deadly weapon if his passing catches up with his arm.

I hope he stays in the Big 10 though .. I don't want my boys killing the kid. WHICH WE DO!
Old 08-15-2005, 02:51 PM   #38
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Tim Mougney .. a WR from Wisconsin .. 5'11, 180 lbs.. Eh, who cares? Passing is for pussies, and we all know it. Chicks with dix like the long ball I say. I will say this though .. The kid can FLY. My scouts say overall he's a 76 but his speed is a 99 and if his hands catch up with his speed, he could be the deadliest weapon in the Nation.

Still, he's a WR, so obviously he isn't very straight.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:55 PM   #39
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Owen Hunter .. DE from Claremont, NH. The kid has some giddy up. He will reach the QB and he'll hit them like a ton of bricks. He's rated an 84 by my scout and is considered perhaps the premier DE in this years class. I can't say I'll argue with that synopsis. Too bad he's not from Florida, I'd be all over him. Strippers, kegs, money .. it'd all be his.

Way to be from the wrong state, jerkey.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:58 PM   #40
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Chad Rizzo .. 6'4", 220 lbs WR from Clearwater, FL. This guy can jump. My scouts love him. They give him an 80 but said if he develops speed, he's in the elk of Moss or TO. I remind this scout that Moss and TO are in love with each other and that unless this guy can run through a line, he's useless to me.

Still, I am sure some team will find use in him. He'll probably stay in state. His loss too. I'll make his life a living hell for four years no matter which Florida team he chooses if he goes that route.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:01 PM   #41
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Kevin Thomas .. 6'3, 230 lbs MLB from .. London, Ontario? WHAT! A CANADIAN?! IS HE A DEFENSEMEN?! Wow. I learn not only is he a MLB, but he's the best player in this class. My scout has him as an 87! I demand to know why and apparently its quite simple .. He isn't fast, but he is always in the right place, and he does not miss tackles.

Works for me .. Stupid Canuck though.

I'm sure the Big 10 will be calling, because I know I won't.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:04 PM   #42
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Seth Rodgers .. Champaigne, IL .. A .. Kicker? Ugh. A waste of space. Yet, he does get a 78 from my scout. He is still looking for power, but he is an accuerate kicker who could see time as a true freshman somewhere.

Illinois though .. Probably a Jon Garland fan .. I bet he's as overrated as JG too!
Old 08-15-2005, 03:08 PM   #43
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Emilaino Bonetta .. RB from Boston, MA .. Has a real interst in FIU .. BUT HES FROM BOSTON! My scout informs me he's a solid runner, given a 76 rating, but can do lots of things. Still .. BOSTON?!

However, my scouts inform me he is actually from Coral Gables, but moved to Boston to be with his sickly grandmother. I keep this under advisement .. Hell, I'll recruit the kid, he's from here, and we need him. I wonder if he'll turn his back on us though because if he does .. DONE FOR!
Old 08-15-2005, 03:09 PM   #44
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Somehow, Nielsen will either wind up playing for FIU, or one of the other Florida teams. Oh yes.

Or Michigan.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:13 PM   #45
DeToxRox
Head Coach

David Yellope .. DT .. 6'3, 315 lbs from .. Ugh.. BOSTON! This kid can play though. My scouts have him as an 82 out of the box, but his real attribute is his strength. He's a man child. Unlike Bonetta he has no excuse for Boston .. and believe me I looked. So he can go fade into obscurity at some lame school like Va Tech or something.

Good riddance.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:17 PM   #46
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Mike Tokunaga .. MLB from .. EDMONTON, ALBERTA, CANADA! DRAT! infiltrating our pipelines, I swear. Mike T is the second best MLB in the Great White North, though the total opposite of Kevin Thomas. Mikey T is more of a speed MLB who can tackle, but is generally going to use his speed to get into position as opposed to instincts. My scouts have him as a 76, but with his blazing speed in the middle, I expect a star to be born.

Born in the Big 10 that is. ZINGAH!
Old 08-15-2005, 03:20 PM   #47
Travis
Pro Rookie

Travis Elkin
Edmonton, Alberta
Height: 6'2
Weight: 240
Position: OLB
Somebody with some definite blitzing potential

Last edited by Travis : 08-15-2005 at 03:21 PM.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 03:20 PM   #48
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Rob Nielsen .. 6'4', 220 lbs QB from Chicago .. Bah .. All these Illinois kids. So stupid! Nielsen though I like. He's cocky and brash. He and Ertmann were bitter rivals in Illinois, each doing it their own way. While Ertmann ran an option attack, Ertmann was flinging the ball, as stupid as it is, but he did it effectivley. They met in four consecutive state titles, and split the series 2-2. We'll see how it goes at the next level.

My scouts though give Nielsen the edge right now, as an 80 overall. We'll see how it goes.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:22 PM   #49
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Rob Nielsen does not approve of you calling his style 'stupid'. Rob Nielsen will kick your ass if you do anything other than give him beer and hookers.

Rob Nielsen thanks you for your time, though Rob Nielsen thinks you should be thanking him for the priviledge of scouting him.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:23 PM   #50
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Dat King .. Well hell .. a 6'4, 245 monster MLB from Oscala, FL. FINALLY! SOMEONE I CAN USE! My scouts say I have no chance .. he's an 80 and everyone wants him .. I SAY BALDERDASH! We're going for him. He has a mean streak, and he likes whiskey. We're gonna party with this kid. He's like my lost child.

I MUST HAVE HIM!