Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-12-2003, 10:45 PM   #251
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Luzon, The Phillipines

December 11th, 1941

18:45 Hours

Orders are handed down, and to the relief of many a battle-weary Marine, the withdrawal begins all across the line…

Zone 1

Captain RainRaven’s Infantry Company B, with support from Lieutenant bertogarce’s 1st Platoon, Armor B, begins its withdrawal. Lieutenant Blade shifts his 2nd Platoon, Infantry B to the east a bit. That, combined with suppressing fire from the company’s 60mm and 81mm mortars, leads to Lieutenant The Afoci’s 1st Platoon, Infantry B being able to withdraw with little difficulty.

Zone 2

The Japanese apparently have little desire to let The Meat Grinder withdraw peacefully. Heavy bombardment pounds Lieutenant Breeze’s 1st Platoon, Infantry D to the west of the corridor. This is followed up by a well-timed infantry attack by the enemy, turning Captain Coffee Warlord’s left flank into a confused mess. The Marines there are too busy dodging mortar shells and fighting for their lives, and are unable to withdraw. Lieutenant sterlingice’s 3rd Platoon, Armor B and Lieutenant JeffNights’ 3rd Platoon, Infantry D are able to withdraw in good order, however.

Lieutenant Aesyrqwe’s 2nd Platoon, Infantry D fares a bit better on the eastern flank of zone 2. With more fire support from Lieutenant Superman=#54’s 2nd Platoon, Armor B, the Marines are able to at least temporarily break contact with the enemy and fall back.

The company’s last 60mm mortar rounds are trained on the woods in front of the western flank, but seem to do little to slow down the enemy.

Zone 3

The withdrawal of Lieutenant tucker342’s 1st Platoon, Infantry C is facilitated by the firepower of Lieutenant Tasan’s 3rd Platoon, Armor A. The firepower of the Stuarts is sufficient to hold the enemy at arm’s length while the grunts manage to begin their fall-back. On the east end of the zone, Lieutenant Katon’s 3rd Platoon, Infantry C also has little trouble with their withdrawal, and see no signs of the enemy.

In the middle of the zone, Japanese infantry once again try to gain a foothold in the clearing, but are cut down by the retreating men of Lieutenant Qwikshot’s 2nd Platoon, Infantry C. With the Japanese artillery apparently concentrating their efforts elsewhere, Lieutenant jfbbis’ 2nd Platoon, Armor A and Captain Blade6119’s Infantry Company C are able to begin their withdrawal with little trouble.

Zone 4

At the edge of the rice paddy, Japanese mortar fire pins one of Lieutenant samifan24’s infantry squads from 1st Platoon, Infantry A and one of the Stuarts from Lieutenant Icjjdnh’s 1st Platoon, Armor A in place. Elsewhere, though, the men of 1st Platoon and Captain WSUCougar’s Armor A Command are able to begin their withdrawal in good order.

Further east, the last of Captain ardent enthusiast’s 81mm mortar shells land in the graveyard, allowing the Marines of Lieutenant damnMikeBrown’s 2nd Platoon, Infantry A and the rest of 1st Platoon, Armor A to break contact without incident. Japanese mortar fire does pin down one of the squads from Lieutenant Marino’s 3rd Platoon, Infantry A at the eastern edge of the graveyard, but the rest of the platoon is able to effect their escape as well.

18:48 Hours

Zone 1

The withdrawal of Captain RainRaven’s Infantry Company B continues without incident. With no evidence of the enemy in sight, the company once again suspends their mortar attacks in order to conserve ammunition.

Zone 2

To the west of Captain Coffee Warlord’s position, Lieutenant Breeze’s 1st Platoon, Infantry D continues to get hammered by Japanese artillery and infantry attacks. Heavy losses are suffered by the beleaguered Marines of 1st Platoon, but they are finally able to break contact with the enemy. For how long, though, is the question of the day.

Lieutent JeffNights 3rd Platoon, Infantry D and Lieutenant sterlingice’s 3rd Platoon, Armor B are able to continue their withdrawal.

To the east, the Japanese are hot on the heels of Lieutenant Aesyrqwe’s 2nd Platoon, Infantry D and Lieutenant Superman=#54’s 2nd Platoon, Armor B. Fierce fighting occurs along the line, and particularly around Lieutenant Superman=#54’s personal tank, but the Marines’ withdrawal remains unhindered.

The company’s 60mm mortar team reports the timely arrival of an ammunition truck. Lieutenant Ellis reports that, with the presence of the truck, they will be able to resume firing, but at a reduced rate. Basically, they’re pulling rounds off the truck and dropping them straight into the tube.

Zone 3

The withdrawal of Captain Blade6119’s Infantry Company C, along with the Stuarts of Lieutenant Tasan’s 3rd Platoon, Armor A and Lieutenant jfbbis’ 2nd Platoon, Armor A continues without hindrance, as the Japanese are apparently concentrating their efforts elsewhere.

Zone 4

While the rest of the troops from Lieutenant samifan24’s 1st Platoon, Infantry A and Captain WSUCougar’s Armor A Command continue their withdrawal, Sergeant Fernandez’ squad and Sergeant Dobbs’ Stuart remain pinned at the edge of the rice paddy. Forced into a rear-guard role, the Marines fight bravely, gunning down many of the numerous enemy in the hopes of being able to break free and rejoin their comrades.

Lieutenant damnMikeBrown’s 2nd Platoon, Infantry A and the rest of Lieutenant Icjjdnh’s 1st Platoon, Armor A are able to continue their withdrawal in good order. One of the squads from Lieutenant Marino’s 3rd Platoon, Infantry A remains pinned at the edge of the graveyard, but the rest of the Platoon is able to continue their withdrawal.

Captain ardent enthusiast’s 81mm mortar teams report that their ammunition is exhausted. Lieutenant Silva reports that his 60mm is down around 10% ammunition, but that an ammunition truck is on its way.

ORDERS ARE NOW OPEN

Remember: We aren’t retreating…we’re advancing in a different direction.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)

Last edited by DataKing : 03-14-2003 at 06:51 PM.
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 11:28 PM   #252
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Cap'n sachmo, I'd like you to roll a little ways to our left flank and help provide some covering fire. Take some pressure off those boys while they advance backwards.

Left flank, you've got help coming. Take your time, fall back and regroup.

Right flank, no new orders.

My unit will begin falling back. Keep an eye on our left and right sides, as I do not want japanese units splitting us down the sides. Since Sachmo is rolling left (unless he has alternate planes), I will keep focus on the right.

Mortar teams, fire at will. Get ready to get the hell out of dodge once we fall back some more.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 11:52 PM   #253
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Is there anything I can do to lay down fire for our retreating guys or anything to help?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 08:48 AM   #254
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Roger that, Coffee.
HQ platoon, let's get on over to the left flank to provide some covering fire.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 10:26 AM   #255
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by sterlingice
Is there anything I can do to lay down fire for our retreating guys or anything to help?

SI

You could move your armor back up to a line parallel with Breeze's infantry, but that would mean exposing yourself to the enemy. It's your call.
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 03-13-2003, 11:18 AM   #256
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I see no reason to continue our "advance" as usual. I'd like to continue to expend our mortar to provide a pretty distraction to aid our Marines.
Old 03-13-2003, 04:41 PM   #257
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You could move your armor back up to a line parallel with Breeze's infantry, but that would mean exposing yourself to the enemy. It's your call.
Considering my track record for evasion and their track record for aim, it's probably best I hang back and get to the smokes that were mentioned earlier.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 05:44 PM   #258
samifan24
Pro Starter

Any chance WSU and I can get any support? We're getting blow to pieces up here!! Where's radioman Boris when you need him?
Old 03-13-2003, 05:51 PM   #259
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Radioman Boris is the exclusive property of Meat Grinder, Inc.
And reproductions, retransmissions, or accounts of his operation without the express written consent of Captain Coffee Warlord is prohibited.

Besides, he's using X-Com radios. What the hell you want him for.
Old 03-13-2003, 05:59 PM   #260
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I'll stick where I'm at.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 08:24 PM   #261
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Hey DK,

Can we get a Zone 4 map? We've mistakenly got two of Zone 3.

I'd also like a status report on my 2nd Platoon, Lt. jfbbis.

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2003, 12:30 AM   #262
Tasan
College Starter

Keep provideing fire for the infantry around me, but watch for those assaults on the tanks, we don't want to lose one now.
Old 03-14-2003, 03:06 PM   #263
jfbbis
n00b

"I'd also like a status report on my 2nd Platoon, Lt. jfbbis."
back in reserve, apparently. I don't know why, my last orders were to get to a firing position. i can go anywhere from there, just ask
jfbbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 06:53 PM   #264
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by WSUCougar
Hey DK,

Can we get a Zone 4 map? We've mistakenly got two of Zone 3.

I'd also like a status report on my 2nd Platoon, Lt. jfbbis.

Thanks!

My bad. The map for Zone 4 is now up.

Also, just so you all know, the withdrawal is not complete yet. It may not have sounded like it in the write-up, but you are still in the process of withdrawing. So I am going to ignore the orders to hold up.

I'll give you guys a little more time to give and adjust orders, but I am hoping to advance the game a little more late tonight.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-14-2003, 07:07 PM   #265
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Keep falling back to rain ravens line and attempt a second delay of the japanese advance....
Old 03-14-2003, 10:36 PM   #266
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by jfbbis
"I'd also like a status report on my 2nd Platoon, Lt. jfbbis."
back in reserve, apparently. I don't know why, my last orders were to get to a firing position. i can go anywhere from there, just ask

Maybe the last write-up was a little unclear. Jfbbis, your Stuarts are still withdrawing with 2nd and 3rd Infantry Platoons. Armor moves pretty slow through the heavily jungle terrain, and with the visibility as low as it is, good firing positions are harder to find than honest politicians.

ORDERS ARE NOW CLOSED.

I am going to continue the withdrawals. I don't want anyone to feel like I am usurping command or anything, but I think the impression was given that the withdrawal is complete. It is NOT.

Sorry for the confusion, if there was any. It's pretty complex turning all of these orders into in-game actions, and trying to keep it all straight at the same time. I'm working on it.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-15-2003, 12:44 AM   #267
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Luzon, The Phillipines

18:51 Hours

The withdrawal is mostly complete on the far western edge of the line, in Zone 1, and the pinned-down units in Zone 4 are able to extract themselves from the situation and rejoin their brethren. Things continue to go smoothly in Zone 3 as well.

But things go from bad to worse in the middle, as The Meat Grinder is proving to be an apt nickname for Infantry Company D…

Zone 1

The 150 meter withdrawal of Captain RainRaven’s Infantry Company B concludes smoothly, and the men begin to dig in as best they can and find new cover.

The Marines of Lieutenant The Afoci’s 1st Platoon, Infantry B soon hear the reports of Japanese rifles and machineguns, however. Men duck for cover before realizing that they are not the targets. (See the write-up for Zone 2). Shortly thereafter, the piercing whistle of howitzer rounds overhead dominates, as American 75mm Howitzer shells blanket the area just to the north of 1st Platoon.

Zone 2

The situation continues to deteriorate on the left flank of Captain Coffee Warlord’s Infantry Company D. While Lieutenant JeffNights’ 3rd Platoon, Infantry D and Lieutenant sterlingice’s 3rd Platoon, Armor B have been able to withdraw in relatively good order, the same cannot be said for Lieutenant Breeze’s 1st Platoon, Infantry D. As Captain sachmo71 shifts his Armor B Command group to the west to help out, some of the men from 1st Platoon, including Lieutenant Breeze himself, are able to withdraw a short ways into the woods. But not all of the Marines are able to do so, and continue to be pinned down by Japanese attacks.

Suddenly, rifle and machinegun fire bursts forth from the trees to Lieutenant JeffNights’ left. He and the rest of his squad duck for cover, but one of the Marines is struck squarely in the chest and falls silent, his chest a mass of red. The delay in the withdrawal of Zone 2 has created a gap with Zone 1, and the Japanese have moved to exploit the gap. As fire is exchanged, Lieutenant sterlingice’s Stuarts join the fray. Fortunately, a barrage had already been planned for the area the Japanese have moved into, and 75mm howitzer rounds begin to fall on the area.

As Captain Coffee Warlord and his men begin their withdrawal, Radioman Boris delivers more bad news to his captain. The company’s 60mm mortar is broken, apparently guilty of a faulty round, similar to what befell Infantry Company C to their east.

The one good piece of news in all this mess is that Lieutenant Aesyrqwe’s 2nd Platoon, Infantry D and Lieutenant Superman=#54’s 2nd Platoon, Armor B are withdrawing in good order on the eastern flank.

Zone 3

Things appear to be relatively quiet, at least for the moment, on the western edge of Zone 3, as Lieutenant tucker342 and Lieutenant Tasan are able to continue their withdrawal without incident.

Japanese infantry continue to appear in the clearing in the center of the zone, slowly gaining ground, but the Marines of Lieutenant Qwikshot’s 2nd Platoon, Infantry C succeed in making them pay dearly for every foot they take. The open ground in the clearing is littered with the bodies of dead and dying Japanese.

Light infantry elements are also encountered to the east of the clearing, but the combined fire of Lieutenant Katon’s 3rd Platoon, Infantry C and Lieutenant jfbbis’ 2nd Platoon, Armor A are able to fend them off with ease.

The withdraw continues with little difficulty.

Zone 4

The Marines of Captain ardent enthusiast’s Infantry Company A pause, hoping to lend what support they can to their comrades trapped under fire back to the north.

The squad from Lieutenant Marino’s 3rd Platoon, Infantry A that had been trapped at the edge of the graveyard are successful in fending off the enemy and disengaging. They double-time it to the south and are able to catch up with the rest of 3rd Platoon.

To the west, well-placed and timely firing from the company’s 60mm mortar team disrupt the Japanese in the rice paddy, giving the squad from Lieutenant samifan24’s 1st Platoon, Infantry A and the pinned-down Stuart from Lieutenant Icjjdnh’s 1st Platoon, Armor A enough time to disengage. Marines scramble onto the hull of the Stuart, and the metal monster peels off into the jungle, rapidly catching up with the rest of A Company.

As all of this has been going on, the Japanese have pressed across the graveyard, and have reached it’s edge. They engage some of the Marines of Lieutenant damnMikeBrown’s 2nd Platoon, Infantry A at range. Light losses are sustained by both sides of the firefight, but the Marines of 2nd Platoon and Stuarts of Lieutenant Icjjdnh’s 1st Platoon, Armor A are able to hold them at bay.

Status

Zone 1

Your withdrawal is pretty much complete, and you can now call upon close (read: mildly hazardous) fire support from the howitzers we have at our disposal. Mortar teams report ammunition is running at about 50%. Now that you have howitzer support, I would like to suggest you “lend” your 81mms to the Meat Grinder. They can use the help.

Zone 2

Your left flank is in big trouble. You’ve got Japanese to the front and on your left side there. The one saving grace may be that the enemy on the left side are within extreme howitzer range, but are mighty close to JeffNights’ troops and some of sterlingice’s tanks.

Oh, and by the way, your 60mm is busted.

You guys get to have all the fun.

Zone 3

Things are going relatively well. You’ve completed about 150 meters of your 400 meter withdrawal (keeping it slow and painful for the Japanese). The 81mms report that there is enough ammunition for about 3 minutes of firing. Use it wisely.

Since I am acting as interim-Captain during Blade6119’s absence, I will suggest that the withdrawal continue on. We seem to be doing pretty well so far, although this means abandoning the last of our positions at the edge of the clearing. We’ll save our last 81mm ammunition for an emergency.

Zone 4

Holding up looks to have been the right move. The squads that were pinned down earlier have been able to withdraw and catch up with their parent units. However, the 60mm mortar is empty and the ammo truck has yet to arrive (it is having trouble finding its way in the difficult terrain).

ORDERS ARE NOW OPEN.

Semper Fi!
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-15-2003, 01:06 AM   #268
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

God I hate you DK.
Old 03-15-2003, 01:14 AM   #269
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Dola!

Orders.

Radioman Boris, get through to Zone 1 command, tell them I would appreciate them to drive the Japanese straight into us. Delaying them from pressing us would be nice, but keep them coming. We'll be waiting.

Left flank, full retreat right back towards the center. I will be setting up a defensive position with my platoon, and cutting the Japanese up while you get the hell out of dodge. Retreat to our left side and set up defensive position, as I do not want them cutting off our rear.

Mortar teams, you're fired. I'm shipping you to the Coast Guard.

ANYONE with 80mm mortars, GIVE ME THEM.

Right flank, I'm taking my machine gun unit back. Tell those boys to double time it to set up defensive position with me for protection vs the coming onslaught. I'd also appreciate your teams moving a little bit towards me, to provide at least a little corridor spotting.

Boris, once you're done talking with Zone 1, tell the howitzers to keep firing.

Open to alternate suggestions if you have them, Lieutenants.

edit: Oh, and keep the Ammo Track around. I imagine some of us are getting low on ammo. Get ready for a reload if necessary.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 03-15-2003 at 01:16 AM.
Old 03-15-2003, 02:17 AM   #270
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I'll follow the commanders orders but I'd like to dig in like a bulldog on a burgler's leg (with his teeth people)
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 07:09 AM   #271
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Just want to get my men caught up with the rest of the guys
lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 09:39 AM   #272
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Meat Grinder, If i can, I will try to relieve the pressure on your flank. If I could advance enough to effect the japanese flank and help meat grinders fall back, do that.
Old 03-15-2003, 09:56 AM   #273
samifan24
Pro Starter

Thanks for the mortar support, boss. Awaiting orders.
Old 03-15-2003, 12:53 PM   #274
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

Its a little hot in this tank. I just made a fresh batch of brownies. Anybody want some. You guys on the left flank look like you could use a nice fresh and hot brownie.

I will make sure that machine gun unit takes you over a couple of batches of my brownies. Tell me if you like them or not.
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 04:54 PM   #275
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Lt. Bertogarce,

I'd love it if you could move up into the gap between 1st Platoon, Infantry B and the left flank of the Meat Grinder and hit the Japanese attacking the flank. It seems like that little clearing should provide you with some visibility to hit their flanks and at least divert their attention.

All other Broadsword elements, continue as ordered. Lt. Sterlingice, stay with me here and let's get these grunts out of trouble. Button up and watch out for friendly artillery. One hit on the top and you are spam in a can, got me?

MOVE OUT!
Old 03-15-2003, 08:02 PM   #276
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sorry about my delay in responding, but aloha means goodbye as well.

Delaying worked last time, let's regroup and try to take some heat off the LT DMB. We're almost in the clear.

LT Samifan, if you can lend some support to LT DMB, I'd appreciate it. It's your call, or actually, DKs.

Ultimately, I'd like some fire support to help LT DMB to clear out.
Old 03-17-2003, 11:04 AM   #277
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Falling Back as ordered! SIR!
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 11:21 AM   #278
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Just wanted to let you guys know that you can expect the next update to this sometime tonight. I've been a little distracted the past few days (bought Hearts of Iron ).
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-18-2003, 12:01 PM   #279
samifan24
Pro Starter

DK- I'm ready to offer support. Where do you want me?
Old 03-18-2003, 12:15 PM   #280
Blade6119
Coordinator

Dk, im back so i can resume command of my group.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 08:44 PM   #281
DataKing
Pro Rookie

samifan24: We'll slide you over towards dMB's position if necessary, but I think I can get them to break contact on their own.

Blade6119: Roger that, and welcome back.

ORDERS ARE NOW CLOSED.

I'm advancing the game. Expect the next update sometime tonight.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-18-2003, 10:57 PM   #282
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Luzon, The Phillipines

18:54 Hours

Three of the four zones assigned to the intrepid Marines of the FOFC Brigade remain under Japanese attack, as the withdrawal continues. Fierce, close-range fighting rages, and one of our companies suffers a tragic loss and blow to morale…

Zone 1

While most of Captain RainRaven’s Infantry Company B dig in to the best of their ability, Lieutenant bertogarce’s 1st Platoon, Armor B and elements of Lieutenant The Afoci’s 1st Platoon, Infantry B shift slightly to the north, in an attempt to take pressure off of The Meat Grinder’s left flank.

But the Japanese are apparently not satisfied with only attacking Infantry Company D. As Marines and Stuarts move slowly to the north, including Lieutenant The Afoci himself, they come nearly face-to-face with Japanese infantry! A fierce firefight ensues, and our brave Marines prove the better, forcing the enemy back deeper into the jungle.

[IMG]|http://home.attbi.com/~j.hoag/Snaps/1854_Zone1.jpg[/IMG]

Zone 2

On the right flank, Lieutenant Aesyrqwe’s 2nd Platoon, Infantry D and Lieutenant Superman=#54’s 2nd Platoon, Armor B shift slightly to the west. As they are on the move, however, more of the seemingly endless Japanese infantry emerge from the dense jungle, hitting the center of the line. The fighting is fierce and brief, as the firepower and marksmanship of the Marines and Stuart tanks once again forces the Japanese back.

On the left flank, Lieutenant Breeze’s 1st Platoon, Infantry D is finally able to fully break contact with the enemy, and withdraw towards the center, where they take up positions with Captain sachmo71’s Broadsword Command. Further to the south, Marines of Lieutenant JeffNights’ 3rd Platoon, Infantry D and Lieutenant sterlingice’s 3rd Platoon, Armor B are able to join up and form a line facing the gap to the west.

Just as these maneuvers are completed, our Japanese pursuers emerge from the trees, and are met by a hail of lead. All of the units on the left flank get in on the action, with Lieutenant sterlingice’s own Stuart tank right in the middle of it. 81mm mortars “borrowed” from Infantry Company B to the west add their weight to the fray as well. Light casualties are sustained by the Marines, but they do not budge an inch further.

With his machinegun teams on their way over from the right flank, Captain Coffee Warlord’s Infantry D Command platoon attempts to move into position to help. Suddenly Japanese burst out of the trees to the north. The cacophony of bullets, grenades, and screams is nearly defeaning to the Marines. The Captain himself pulls his .45 and moves to fire, but then is suddenly tackled by a Marine shouting something unintelligible. At the same moment, machinegun fire rips through the air.

Captain Coffee Warlord recovers his senses and moves the now figure of the Marine that gave his life to save him. As the body turns over, he sees that it is Radioman Boris, with a strange smile upon his lifeless face.

Boris is not the only casualty suffered by the men of the platoon, and they are forced to move back to the southwest to evade their attackers. To make matters worse, the howitzers fall silent once more.

[IMG]|http://home.attbi.com/~j.hoag/Snaps/1854_Zone2.jpg[/IMG]

Zone 3

Strangely enough, things fall completely quiet in Zone 3, as the men of Captain Blade6119’s Infantry Company C and elements of Captain WSUCougar’s Armor Company A continue to fall back to the south.

Is this the calm before the storm?

Note: No zone map is necessary, as the withdrawal is going according to plan.

Zone 4

Stuart tanks from Lieutenant Icjjdnh’s 1st Platoon, Armor A are quick to react to the threat from the edge of the graveyard. Lending their considerable firepower to the fight, they are able to force the Japanese who had been pressing Lieutenant damnMikeBrown’s 2nd Platoon, Infantry A back out of visible range. 2nd Platoon and Lieutenant Marino’s 1st Platoon are able to continue their withdrawal without difficulty.

Things heat up a bit at the western edge of the zone, however. As Captain WSUCougar’s Armor A Command and Lieutenant samifan24’s 1st Platoon, Infantry A continue their withdrawal, they are engaged. The enemy has apparently reached the edge of the rice paddy and further south into the trees. Lieutenant samifan24 himself, as well as other Marines from the platoon, find themselves ducking for cover as bullets wiz past overhead. The Marines return fire, and with help from Captain WSUCougar’s tanks are able to hold the enemy at bay.

[IMG]|http://home.attbi.com/~j.hoag/Snaps/1854_Zone4.jpg[/IMG]

STATUS

Zone 1

The Meat Grinder has “borrowed” about half of your remaining 81mm mortar rounds, though the 60mm remains at about 50%. The right flank is under attack once again, but the howitzers not firing may be a blessing in disguise. The howitzers are firing at such extremely range that the men from 1st Platoon and the Stuarts that moved forward may be in harm’s way. You can hold your currently position if you like, but the howitzers will have very little room for error, and there is the distinct possibility of “blue-on-blue.”

Zone 2

JeffNights and sterlingice were able to form a nice defensive line on the left flank, and the right flank is withdrawing under fire pretty well. But now there are Japanese in the middle again, and they’re forcing Coffee’s command platoon back with losses. Also, the machinegun teams are at least a few minutes away yet.

Zone 3

All is quiet, as I mentioned. But with the lousy visibility, the enemy could be right on our heels and we wouldn’t even know it. Approximately 200 of the 400 meter withdrawal is complete.

Zone 4

There is a way to go yet in the withdrawal, and the Japanese are attempting to keep contact wherever they can. The Stuarts are proving invaluable, as their firepower is helping immensely to keep the enemy at arm’s length.

ORDERS ARE NOW OPEN.

Semper Fi!
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-18-2003, 11:15 PM   #283
Blade6119
Coordinator

keep movin boys....if they dont want to hit us, well let them hold back
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 03-19-2003, 12:13 AM   #284
Tasan
College Starter

Keep truckin the other way Platoon!
Old 03-19-2003, 01:15 AM   #285
Blade6119
Coordinator

looking at the maps, i see datakings men behind coffee....where have ya been the entire day we were holding strong?
Demotivation
Old 03-19-2003, 06:16 AM   #286
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Company...fall back with the Broadswords, but look to offer assistance in the middle if needed.

Boris is dead! Man that sucks...that Russian owed me $50. Somebody grab me the X-com radios. I'll see if I can't trade them for some Scotch.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 09:06 AM   #287
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Broadsword elements:

Continue local support of the infantry. Withdraw in good order and do not leave the crunchies behind. Prepare to fire at point blank range...in this jungle, with rain, they will be on top of us before we know they are there.
Old 03-19-2003, 01:18 PM   #288
Katon
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by DataKing
Suddenly Japanese burst out of the trees to the north. The cacophony of bullets, grenades, and screams is nearly defeaning to the Marines. The Captain himself pulls his .45 and moves to fire, but then is suddenly tackled by a Marine shouting something unintelligible. At the same moment, machinegun fire rips through the air.

Captain Coffee Warlord recovers his senses and moves the now figure of the Marine that gave his life to save him. As the body turns over, he sees that it is Radioman Boris, with a strange smile upon his lifeless face.

Alas, poor Boris! Incoherent to the last.
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 01:35 PM   #289
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Dammit! We're going to have to place an order for a Scottish radioman, next.

Orders...we'll keep it simple. My team will continue to fall back until we meet up with the machine gun unit coming up, at which point we dig in and hold.

Lt's, I'm displacing like mad over here. Do what you gotta do, just keep the openings in our line covered while I'm moving around.
Old 03-19-2003, 03:15 PM   #290
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

Yes Sir!

I will continue to retreat as ordered.

SIR YES SIR!
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 09:40 PM   #291
tucker342
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade6119
keep movin boys....if they dont want to hit us, well let them hold back

SIR YES SIR!!!!!!!
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 10:23 PM   #292
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Someone say they need radiomen?

We got lots of 'em doing nothing while X-Com is on break.

Real quality guys, every one of 'em.

We hire only the best.

Just let me know if you need one of 'em, and I'll time warp him back.

I can send him with his radio, too, if you want.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 03-19-2003 at 10:25 PM.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 10:27 PM   #293
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

GET AWAY! AWAY WITH YOUR EVIL XCOM RADIOS! BACK! HISS!
Old 03-20-2003, 10:40 AM   #294
Katon
College Benchwarmer

Actually, I think we've already got one of your radios. Want it back?

Last edited by Katon : 03-20-2003 at 10:49 AM.
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 12:11 AM   #295
tucker342
Pro Starter

update?????
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 10:23 AM   #296
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

When do we get to have shock and awe????
Old 03-22-2003, 10:43 AM   #297
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

He's busy grinding up more of my company.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:59 AM   #298
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Allegiances:
Awards:

Last edited by DataKing : 03-24-2003 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:45 PM   #299
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Actually, my previous post is not entirely accurate. Please take a look at the poll I have started, asking about the appropriateness of this sort of dynasty report, given the current situation in Iraq.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-25-2003, 05:30 PM   #300
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I am closing this thread for the time being, and will not be advancing the story-line for a while. For an explanation as to the reason for this, please check out this poll.
Allegiances:
Awards: