Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-20-2005, 07:27 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Angry Can we get some freakin' Muslims, Buddhists, Jews, or atheists...

...to run Chick-Fil-A on Sundays???!!!

Man, I got a hankerin' for a chicken biscuit this morning.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 03-20-2005 at 07:27 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:29 AM   #2
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog

Not what I expected to find in this thread...

Back when we did eat chicken, my wife and I would invariably ONLY crave a visit to Chick-Fil-A on Sundays. Sometimes I would drive there before I remembered there was absolutely no chance.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:30 AM   #3
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

There is something about Sundays that always mkes me crave Chik-Fil-A. It must be the lust of the forbiden.
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:38 AM   #4
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:

LMAO!

Thread o' the day, Skydog
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:43 AM   #5
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

I will say this, if opening on Sundays means that Chick-Fil-A no longer has the best customer service in fast food, and the food quality drops, I'm against it. If I were to ever work in the food industry again (God forbid) it would only be for the Chick.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:44 AM   #6
Ben E Lou

Heck, even some Catholics! I get the impression than more Catholics in Tucker attend to 5:30pm Mass on Saturdays than the Sunday morning ones! There's a cop directing traffic around 5:30 and 6:30 pm on Saturdays on Chamblee-Tucker Road, when Holy Cross Catholic starts and begins services. There's not one on Sunday mornings, though, because it isn't needed. I know a good number of members of that congregation, and nearly every one goes on early Saturday evenings. Surely Truett could find 8 or 10 from THAT pool to open up on Sundays!!!
Old 03-20-2005, 07:46 AM   #7
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Yeah. For Freaking Real.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:47 AM   #8
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I know a good number of members of that congregation, and nearly every one goes on early Saturday evenings.

Even during college football season?!?!
Old 03-20-2005, 07:49 AM   #9
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson
There is something about Sundays that always mkes me crave Chik-Fil-A. It must be the lust of the forbiden.
For me today it is a practical thing. The wife is leading a marriage enrichment retreat for adoptive families this weekend, and I'm speaking to a Sunday School class of parents of teens at a church we don't normally attend, and going to services at another church. I don't really have time to cook and clean this morning. SWMBO is gone and she can't cook, and I don't really have time to have a sit-down breakfast at IHOP or Old Hickory House. Chick-Fil-A would be PERFECT right about now! Instead, I'm heading to Krystal, I guess.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:49 AM   #10
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekneek
Even during college football season?!?!
I wouldn't know. I am not out driving at 5:30pm on Saturdays during college football season.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:55 AM   #11
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I wouldn't know. I am not out driving at 5:30pm on Saturdays during college football season.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:39 AM   #12
condors
College Starter

ummm actually the being closed on Sundays is a Jewish thing

it bugs the crap out of me as well though
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 08:47 AM   #13
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by condors
ummm actually the being closed on Sundays is a Jewish thing

it bugs the crap out of me as well though

Uh no. Please try again.

Truett Cathy, the founder of Chick-Fil-A, is a devout Southern Baptist layman and believes strongly in having his business closed on Sunday.

FYI, how would that be a Jewish thing anway? The Jewish Sabbath is from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday.

Last edited by Blackadar : 03-20-2005 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:34 AM   #14
Easy Mac

mmm... those little chicken nuggets and waffle fries... I gave up fried foods for lent, so I haven't had chic-fil-a since it started... even with that little catholic cheat where you can do what you gave up on Sundays (b/c Sundays aren't the 40 days of lent). And the nearest Zaxby's is over 30 minutes away... I'm freakin dying here.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:48 AM   #15
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

This thread was meant for my wife. We don't eat chicken that much, but she does seem to want Chick-Fil-A only on a Sunday.......
Old 03-20-2005, 10:10 AM   #16
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Its open on sunday here Skydog. But then again, we only have them in the mall

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 10:12 AM   #17
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog
Its open on sunday here Skydog. But then again, we only have them in the mall

You sure about that? I have *never* seen one open, even in a mall. It's totally against corporate policy.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:02 AM   #18
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Awesome. I thought I was the only one with "crave Chick-Fil-A on Sunday" syndrome. The fast food so good, it doesn't taste like fast food.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:05 AM   #19
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

What exactly is a "Chick-Fil-A?" I feel like you guys are speaking some sort of strange southern dialect and I need a magic decoder ring to find out what the hell is going on in here.

Maybe I'll pop in a dvd of The Dukes of Hazzard. Waylon Jennings narration can explain it all...
Old 03-20-2005, 11:08 AM   #20
Easy Mac

http://www.chickfila.com/

the greatest fast food place ever. Amazing service, amazingly quick (i've never waited more than a minute in line), and very good. Only chicken though.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:10 AM   #21
hukarez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac

the greatest fast food place ever. Amazing service, amazingly quick (i've never waited more than a minute in line), and very good. Only chicken though.
Chick-Fil-A, hm? I've always seen this place, especially when I was living in Long Beach. Never ever went inside, though. Thought it seemed fascinated; and as a matter of fact, I've found a place nearby too.

I'll have to investimigate someday -- though the concept of something new frightens me. Is this comparable or better than Popeye's?

EDIT: Wait a minute. What's up with this 'low in fat' thing? This doesn't bode well...
Filipino Martial Arts Digest
tweet tweet twitter

Last edited by hukarez : 03-20-2005 at 11:11 AM.
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:11 AM   #22
clintl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn&TheLions
What exactly is a "Chick-Fil-A?" I feel like you guys are speaking some sort of strange southern dialect and I need a magic decoder ring to find out what the hell is going on in here.

Maybe I'll pop in a dvd of The Dukes of Hazzard. Waylon Jennings narration can explain it all...

There aren't any out here, either.
clintl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:11 AM   #23
Easy Mac

Its not fried chicken, its chicken sandwiches, salas, nuggets, its great though.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:14 AM   #24
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I was surprised to see that there are locations in New Jersey. Still, if it doesn't exist in the Borough of Manhattan, it doesn't really exist...
Old 03-20-2005, 11:17 AM   #25
condors
College Starter

the same reason Sandy Koufax didn't pitch on Sundays

Cathy is a devoutly religious man who built his life and business based on hard work, humanity and biblical principles. Based on these principles, all of Chick-fil-A's restaurants operate with a "closed-on-Sunday" policy -- without exception. When not managing his company, Cathy donates his time to community efforts and teaches a Sunday school class to 13-year-old boys, as he has done for nearly 50 years.

my wife is jewish and she told me its a jewish thing, i took her word at that as i have no reason to believe otherwise.
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:21 AM   #26
hukarez
College Starter

Quote:
Its not fried chicken, its chicken sandwiches, salas, nuggets, its great though.

Fascinating. I'm going to have to try this out with a vengeance.
Filipino Martial Arts Digest
tweet tweet twitter
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:36 AM   #27
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
the same reason Sandy Koufax didn't pitch on Sundays

Cathy is a devoutly religious man who built his life and business based on hard work, humanity and biblical principles. Based on these principles, all of Chick-fil-A's restaurants operate with a "closed-on-Sunday" policy -- without exception. When not managing his company, Cathy donates his time to community efforts and teaches a Sunday school class to 13-year-old boys, as he has done for nearly 50 years.

my wife is jewish and she told me its a jewish thing, i took her word at that as i have no reason to believe otherwise.
THe Jewish sabbath is Friday at sunset until Saturday at sunset though...
Old 03-20-2005, 11:38 AM   #28
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I was going to make some rant about how you should thank your lucky stars because Lawrence doesn't even have a Chick-Fil-A and I have to go to Topeka or KC if I have a craving. But then I looked on their corporate website and, behold, there's one in Lawrence, somewhere on campus (which is odd because there's only about 5 fast food places on campus, if that). I will now have to do some of my own "investimigating"

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:45 AM   #29
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:

Well, it looks like you do now.

In case, you're actually interested, the well-known Koufax incident was when he refused to play in a game in the 1965 World Series, because the game fell on Yom Kippur, one of the high holidays in the Jewish faith. (Seemingly) Needless to say, it wasn't about his trying to observe the Christian sabbath (Sunday).
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 12:04 PM   #30
Schmidty
Coordinator

Tough day for condors.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:16 PM   #31
Desnudo
Coordinator

Sorry for piling it on, but in Israel, stores close by 2 PM Friday and don't reopen until Sunday morning.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 01:40 PM   #32
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

They just opened a new Chick-Fil-A here in Philly. Its not close to as busy as it should be though. If only I could get them to open a White Castle up.
bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 04:15 PM   #33
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Sure, sure, they're all Christians until they get hungry and want a good meal.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 04:24 PM   #34
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I love CFA, great food, but I've never been able to do the chicken-for-breakfast thing. Disgusting concept, IMO.

Also, CFA is a great place to wok in high school because they give college scholarships to their workers. From everything I've read, that company is run really, really well. And they are, without a doubt, the quickest drive-thru ever. The line will be wrapped entirely around the store and I'll get through within 5-10 minutes, tops.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-20-2005 at 04:25 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 04:27 PM   #35
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Also, CFA is a great place to wok in high school because they give college scholarships to their workers. {snip} And they are, without a doubt, the quickest drive-thru ever. The line will be wrapped entirely around the store and I'll get through within 5-10 minutes, tops.
Without a doubt the two are related. Of the high school kids I know who work, the sharpest ones nearly all are at Chick-Fil-A.

Jim: It ain't my fault that I'm not legalistic.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:27 PM   #36
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

If you want Chick Fil A on a Sunday, move to College Station, Tx. A&M serves Chick Fil A at several of their on campus dining places. They serve the food because they are technically university employees, not Chick Fil A. Nothing better than a sandwich after church in the old days.
Cap Ologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 04:27 PM   #37
SackAttack
Head Coach

Mizzou had a Chick-Fil-A on campus when I was there, but I never had occasion to try any of their food. If I was spending money (as opposed to meal plan points) on food, I was usually at Sonic Burger. I don't believe Steak & Shake was in Columbia then, but recent research suggests they are now, so perhaps I just missed them when I was there.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 05:30 PM   #38
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
For me today it is a practical thing. The wife is leading a marriage enrichment retreat for adoptive families this weekend, and I'm speaking to a Sunday School class of parents of teens at a church we don't normally attend, and going to services at another church. I don't really have time to cook and clean this morning. SWMBO is gone and she can't cook, and I don't really have time to have a sit-down breakfast at IHOP or Old Hickory House. Chick-Fil-A would be PERFECT right about now! Instead, I'm heading to Krystal, I guess.

Well, at least you got Krystal. Moving north sucks, no Krystal, Popeyes or Hardees(even if they suck 75% of the time) in the near vacinity to me. Its McDonalds everywhere.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 06:55 PM   #39
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

What is Krystal?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 06:59 PM   #40
Easy Mac

blasphemer
Old 03-20-2005, 07:17 PM   #41
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
In case, you're actually interested, the well-known Koufax incident was when he refused to play in a game in the 1965 World Series, because the game fell on Yom Kippur, one of the high holidays in the Jewish faith.

Yes, but Krusty did 5 shows that night.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:19 PM   #42
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
What is Krystal?

SI

Like White Castle, only tastier.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:36 PM   #43
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosshogg23
They just opened a new Chick-Fil-A here in Philly. Its not close to as busy as it should be though. If only I could get them to open a White Castle up.
There isnt chick-fil-a's in philly? weird they are in every mall in south jersey it seems.
ageofquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:37 PM   #44
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Wait a minute- the local Chick-Fil-A is closed because everyone is at church ? You live in a town that religious ?
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:41 PM   #45
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot
Wait a minute- the local Chick-Fil-A is closed because everyone is at church ? You live in a town that religious ?

Dude, it is corporate policy. Keep up.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:19 PM   #46
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

No Chic-Fil-A in the Pacific NW (no White Castle either). Can anyone report on whether Chic-Fil-A has the same concerns over the quality and treatment of their chicken as KFC? I sure wish I had an alternative to that place...

On the other hand, we have Taco Time, which is exponentially better than Taco Bell and probably the best of the conventional fast-food places around here.

Better still is Taco Del Mar, with their mondo-sized Mission-style burritos...can you tell I like Tex-Mex style food?
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 10:23 PM   #47
Easy Mac

Well, I know they wrap them in nice packages, and the meat is always shaped pretty nicely.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:26 PM   #48
sooner333
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
Well, at least you got Krystal. Moving north sucks, no Krystal, Popeyes or Hardees(even if they suck 75% of the time) in the near vacinity to me. Its McDonalds everywhere.

Our Popeyes just shut down . Also, when Carls Jr and Hardees merged, they switched the Hardees's here to CJ's. Krystal is not here, but at least we have Sonic.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 10:27 PM   #49
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson
Dude, it is corporate policy. Keep up.

Ah- saw that now. Well- that's an interesting business model- but hey, whatever works for her.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:34 PM   #50
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, that not open on Sundays just bugs me too. Dammit, if I can't get a chicken sandwich on Sunday, why have them at all!