Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-18-2018, 12:16 PM   #17901
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkspr View Post
Note to my dentist: if my thoughts during sedation turn to the dental scene from Marathon Man, you may have underestimated the amount of novocaine necessary for the procedure.

So, was it safe?
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 12:50 PM   #17902
PilotMan
Head Coach

I have no idea where this should go, but it's random, odd, and political.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opin...sm/1291933002/

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:54 PM   #17903
miami_fan
Coordinator

The Bert and Ernie jokes actually became a serious discussion.

I hate you 2018.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:53 PM   #17904
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
As a business, if you're going to join the modern world and offer services you can sign up for online (in this case, appointments), you should damn well make sure you implement the process right.

So, when I make an appointment for new tires, the appointment is received and accepted via email confirmation, and I show up at your store only to be told that the person who does appointments never actually opened the appointment to see that I wanted new tires (at a tire store - who knew?!) so they never ordered them, you can kindly F the F off.

Not surprising in the slightest.

The incompetent appt person couldn't care less, they most likely get paid the same thing whether they do their job or not. And, depending upon location, it's often too much hassle to get rid of even the most inept employee, considering that their replacement isn't a great bet to be noticeably better.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:08 AM   #17905
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

I believe somewhere there exist the ultimate razor and toothbrush. However, the bastards are keeping it from us and instead giving us incremental upgrades.
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:29 AM   #17906
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
The Bert and Ernie jokes actually became a serious discussion.

I hate you 2018.

I laughed so hard at this:

Sesame Street: 'Bert And Ernie Are Not Gay, They Are Depraved Pansexual Perverts'

https://www.theonion.com/sesame-stre...ep-1819595499#!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 07:17 AM   #17907
Butter
Coordinator

My company just lost its longtime contract with a large retailer that we did work for. We were on a year-to-year and knew this would happen eventually. Our department didn't turn a huge profit for the company, but it was a dependable small moneymaker every year. Luckily for us, the company had planned ahead for certain people and are keeping about half of the 20+ person team, while most of the others will find work with either the company assuming our contract or others in the industry... it's a huge industry here, so nobody should end up without work.

A few weeks before this happened, we had someone at our middle-management level move on to a sales position. We were preparing to backfill this position by promoting from within, when we were told to hold off. Then the contract loss happened. Which leads me to my question:

Do I tell this guy that he was about to get promoted? From what I understand, he already has 2 offers from elsewhere, both to be kept on here and to work for the new contractor. But I kinda just want him to know that we believed in him to that point, and I guess selfishly I want him to know that barring this bad event, he was going to get a promotion. The best he's going to get out of this new circumstance is like a 5% raise.

Should I tell him, or would it be more like twisting the knife at this point? I truly can't decide, though I'm leaning towards telling him.

Last edited by Butter : 09-20-2018 at 07:17 AM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 03:03 PM   #17908
Edward64
Head Coach

Just got a call from +40 (Romania).

I knew it was a scam but what the heck. Yup, my "bank" calling me ...
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 03:18 PM   #17909
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
My company just lost its longtime contract with a large retailer that we did work for. We were on a year-to-year and knew this would happen eventually. Our department didn't turn a huge profit for the company, but it was a dependable small moneymaker every year. Luckily for us, the company had planned ahead for certain people and are keeping about half of the 20+ person team, while most of the others will find work with either the company assuming our contract or others in the industry... it's a huge industry here, so nobody should end up without work.

A few weeks before this happened, we had someone at our middle-management level move on to a sales position. We were preparing to backfill this position by promoting from within, when we were told to hold off. Then the contract loss happened. Which leads me to my question:

Do I tell this guy that he was about to get promoted? From what I understand, he already has 2 offers from elsewhere, both to be kept on here and to work for the new contractor. But I kinda just want him to know that we believed in him to that point, and I guess selfishly I want him to know that barring this bad event, he was going to get a promotion. The best he's going to get out of this new circumstance is like a 5% raise.

Should I tell him, or would it be more like twisting the knife at this point? I truly can't decide, though I'm leaning towards telling him.

Id definitely tell him.
Just as a general rule, unless Im sure it the wrong call - tell the truth.
Easier to deal with knowing than making wrong assumptions
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 03:38 PM   #17910
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post

From all of that, I think this is a "go with your gut" situation.

Not sure there's a one-size-fits-all answer, I think you just have to go with whatever knowledge/intuition you have about the person & roll with it.
Old 09-20-2018, 04:49 PM   #17911
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Suge Knight finally getting a lifetime achievement award to prison.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:39 AM   #17912
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I don't do fast food very often, maybe once a week for the kids after karate, or if I am really hung over in the morning.

I absolutely hate when I pull up to the drive through to order and get the prerecorded message asking me if I want to try a frappachino or whatever, then at the end of the message it tells me to order when ready. I begin to order and inevitably the actual human interrupts me and tells me to wait or to start over.

Why the fuck do they have the message tell me to order if the real person is never ready for the order!? Why not say something along the lines of " a team member will take your order in a moment" or something like that?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:17 PM   #17913
tarcone
Coordinator

The McDonalds in our town opened up a 2 lane drive thru. Last time I went it took 25 minutes to get through.

Hate that place.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:30 PM   #17914
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Yeah when they tell you to hold on a second after you've already waited for 10+ minutes, I rage. I've got my order locked and loaded assholes, just take it.
Old 09-22-2018, 08:26 AM   #17915
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

My wife was flipping the channels the other night, and came across America's Got Talent or some such, where a group was dressed up to look like Kiss and covering one of their songs. My 9-year-old said, "Ewwwwww..they look like creepy clowns that are about to kidnap some kids." I couldn't argue with her.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:24 AM   #17916
Kodos
Resident Alien

Solution: don't eat at shitty fast-food places.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:32 PM   #17917
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
My 9-year-old said, "Ewwwwww..they look like creepy clowns that are about to kidnap some kids." I couldn't argue with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Solution: don't eat at shitty fast-food places.

This actually kind of makes sense.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:29 PM   #17918
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
This actually kind of makes sense.
Well played Sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
The McDonalds in our town opened up a 2 lane drive thru. Last time I went it took 25 minutes to get through.

Hate that place.
Agreed here. If I'm stuck in a long drive thru line it's because I've made some poor choices of my own and I can deal with it... But if you split it into two lines & don't have two people taking orders then once I'm at the speaker & you're telling me to wait or no one is talking to me I'm channelling that frustration at your establishment.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:10 AM   #17919
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Chick-fil-A is the only fast food option where I consider the line to be irrelevant. Everything else is situational.

I drive for GrubHub, door Dash and Uber Eats so I run into a lot of frustrating situations involving incompetent food workers. And I don't even know if it's so much that people are incompetent, it's simply that there's just not enough employees at almost every single store I visit.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:44 AM   #17920
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Chick-fil-A is the only fast food option where I consider the line to be irrelevant. Everything else is situational.

I drive for GrubHub, door Dash and Uber Eats so I run into a lot of frustrating situations involving incompetent food workers. And I don't even know if it's so much that people are incompetent, it's simply that there's just not enough employees at almost every single store I visit.
Unfortunately for me the majority of the time my dumb or shortsighted decisions lead me to fast food it's after 10pm or on a Sunday, which really curtails my Chick-fil-A consumption.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:18 AM   #17921
Edward64
Head Coach

Chick-fil-A is still my go to fast food (although I did have to get a Big Mac for their 50th anniversary coin last month) for a chicken sandwich but Zaxby's has much better chicken salads.

I have been a disappointed with their lemonade though. I go to the same store most of the times and there is a lack of consistency in the lemonade.

Last edited by Edward64 : 09-23-2018 at 05:19 AM.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:15 AM   #17922
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Yesterday a man in a landscaping truck pulled up to my 15 year old niece while she was waiting at her bus stop. Asked her for directions, then exposed himself to her and told her to get in the truck. She yelled then ran home . Kid is smart. Before she took off she got a picture of the truck and the plate. Her mom called the cops and gave them all the info. Have to think it is just a matter of time before they catch him. All the major news outlets picked the story up also so its been everywhere in the city they live in.

Fucked up world.

https://www.wric.com/news/local-news...top/1474389607
Old 09-26-2018, 07:28 AM   #17923
Kodos
Resident Alien

That's terrible. Glad she had the presence of mind to get pictures of the vehicle.

Last edited by Kodos : 09-26-2018 at 07:34 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:19 AM   #17924
Ksyrup

Glad she's safe. Also glad the guy was stupid enough to do something clearly over the line before he tried to persuade her to get in the car.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 09-26-2018, 09:22 AM   #17925
miami_fan
Coordinator

That is brutal. I am glad she is safe and I really hope they catch this guy
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 09-26-2018, 10:01 AM   #17926
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Glad she is safe.
Hope the guy dies a painful and agonizing death soon.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:02 AM   #17927
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Side note: TIL its pronounced Henr-'I'-co not Henr-'E'-co
Old 09-26-2018, 10:24 AM   #17928
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Glad she is safe.
Hope the guy dies a painful and agonizing death soon.

Daddy and grandpa are both loyal NRA members. Especially grandpa. This guy better hope the cops find him first.
Old 09-28-2018, 01:30 PM   #17929
Ksyrup

I want to punch the Chevy ad guy right in the face - immediately after kicking him in the balls.

This 3-part commercial that fades in and out with his stupid "Oh I forgot" crap is bad enough. But what really sets me off is he's making the point that Chevy won some award 3 years in a row, and with a smarmy chuckle says, "Third time's a charm."

NO, MORON! THIRD TIME WAS NOT THE CHARM.

That saying means that you did not succeed the previous two times, but the third time, you got lucky and did. Therefore, the third time was "the charm." PLEASE LEAVE EARTH FOREVER.

Or at least my TV.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 09-28-2018 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-28-2018, 01:43 PM   #17930
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
I want to punch the Chevy ad guy right in the face - immediately after kicking him in the balls.

This 3-part commercial that fades in and out with his stupid "Oh I forgot" crap is bad enough. But what really sets me off is he's making the point that Chevy won some award 3 years in a row, and with a smarmy chuckle says, "Third time's a charm."

NO, MORON! THIRD TIME WAS NOT THE CHARM.

That saying means that you did not succeed the previous two times, but the third time, you got lucky and did. Therefore, the third time was "the charm." PLEASE LEAVE EARTH FOREVER.

Or at least my TV.

Concur.

Have you seen the parodies? If "Real People" Commercials Were Real Life - CHEVY Hatch - YouTube
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 02:04 PM   #17931
Ksyrup

That is awesome.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:18 PM   #17932
molson
General Manager

Quote:
That is awesome.

This one's my favorite

If "Real People" Commercials were Real Life - CHEVY Millennials - YouTube

But there's about 6-7 of them.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:25 PM   #17933
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

These are actually pretty funny

Old 09-30-2018, 01:29 PM   #17934
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

I would greatly enjoy sipping a cold beer while listening to the philosophical musings of JohninmiddleGa waxing poetically about the "greatness" that is this Roval
Old 09-30-2018, 01:37 PM   #17935
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I would greatly enjoy sipping a cold beer while listening to the philosophical musings of JohninmiddleGa waxing poetically about the "greatness" that is this Roval

I might start with the fact that (doing my reading) Stanton Barrett is making his first Cup start in a decade.

That might be more interesting (such as it is) to me than the rest of this convoluted mess.
Old 10-01-2018, 02:24 PM   #17936
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

We use IM extensively for internal communications at my workplace, often to ask one another quick questions. When someone sends me a "hey...you got a sec for a quick question," I've been in the habit of responding. "Hit it."

Fortunately, when I hit the spacebar before that first "t" instead of after it a few minutes ago, I was responding to a male's question. That could've been bad.
Old 10-01-2018, 02:25 PM   #17937
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
hit it and quit it?
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:15 PM   #17938
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
hit it and quit it?

I'm guessing Ben is thinking more this than this.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:36 PM   #17939
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
I'm guessing Ben is thinking more this than this.

I might now have to start my conference calls with "Fellas I'm ready to get up and do my thing"
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:06 PM   #17940
cuervo72
Head Coach

The Voice Behind One Of Hip-Hop's Most Famous Hooks : NPR

For anyone who already didn't know.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:12 PM   #17941
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I think someone mentioned this driving move(Lathum?) Where an idiot slows down to 10MPH on the freeway to let someone merge from a stop sign merge point. Blew my mind. It's the highway, you're only supposed to be stopping to avoid an accident, there is no way you should be helping people merge.

Last edited by stevew : 10-02-2018 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:53 AM   #17942
miami_fan
Coordinator

It is fascinating to see what items are given the high security treatment at retail stores. I went to a CVS this morning and they treated Five Hour Energy drinks were secured in the same way razor cartridges were.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:48 PM   #17943
Ksyrup

I have an old law school buddy who bought those Olive Garden pasta passes for him and his wife. He's been there 16 times since September 24th. He has posted on FB about each visit. It's kinda funny, especially knowing how much of a scrooge he always was. But damn... that's a lot of Olive Garden.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:32 PM   #17944
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Is the Trump thread messed up for anyone else? The last post I see is 13302 then the page is cut off.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:34 PM   #17945
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Is the Trump thread messed up for anyone else? The last post I see is 13302 then the page is cut off.

Yep. Same here. It's like the formatting of the link screwed with the page? I can kind of participate by clicking "Post Reply" and then seeing who posted .
Old 10-11-2018, 05:45 PM   #17946
Edward64
Head Coach

Have same problem.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:47 PM   #17947
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

ditto
Old 10-11-2018, 05:51 PM   #17948
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I put bob on ignore and that fixed the problem, so there's clearly an issue with the link he posted.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:04 PM   #17949
cuervo72
Head Coach

Yeah, there's some weird stuff inside that anchor tag that is screwing up the rest of the page.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:24 PM   #17950
bob
College Starter

Sorry guys, no idea what's going on with that link. I can't even get in to edit my post. Maybe one of the mods can delete the post. Otherwise just put me on ignore - i don't post much anyway and think my time is done here.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote