Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-06-2014, 09:17 AM   #201
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 200

Fix Portal 3 - The Jackal (182), britrock88 (185), murrayyyyy (195)
The Jackal 1 - JAG (191)
Chief Rum 1 - Autumn (198)
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:18 AM   #202
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I think a lot of people are still only half remembering the game has started, judging by activity levels.

My guess, hoping participation picks up soon.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:24 AM   #203
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

We'll throw a third candidate back into the mix for now, see what happens.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:25 AM   #204
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Vote Britrock
Old 05-06-2014, 10:28 AM   #205
The Jackal
Coordinator

I feel comfortable where I am for now. I would like to hear from CR, and I wonder what, if anything, happened to clap for winning the vote.

I'll offer thoughts on candidates that come up throughout the day but I firmly believe we need to fix the portal, understanding that any portal vote can be painted as an easy way to hide a wolf vote.

The only other thing I have to offer is my bo staff. Who needs a cracked head?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:51 AM   #206
britrock88
Pro Starter

I think we should pay attention to ensure that one player is two votes clear of another player, so that the hidden saboteur vote doesn't cause an unseen tie.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:52 AM   #207
britrock88
Pro Starter

I would think about moving my vote, but that could lead to a 2-2-1 that's actually a 2-2-2. Bad things.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:54 AM   #208
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well, it's early enough that I'd hope we wouldn't have to be worried about that. Unless we're expecting bull moose specials that end voting early. Crazy EF and his mystery games.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:06 PM   #209
Zinto
College Starter

Vote Saldana
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:06 PM   #210
Zinto
College Starter

Are you there Mr. Coyote?
Old 05-06-2014, 12:07 PM   #211
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
I would think about moving my vote, but that could lead to a 2-2-1 that's actually a 2-2-2. Bad things.

Yeah I wouldn't worry about that right now.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:11 PM   #212
Zinto
College Starter

But like you said we have to make sure we worry about it towards the deadline.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:22 PM   #213
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Speaking of which. Is it moderately worrisome that neither of the two leading vote getters last night have spoken up?

It should be. Autumn should have caught on that I made a controversial vote and then disappeared to work. Not too many wolves do that. Neither do roled villagers. Vanilla villagers trying to rile up some interest on an otherwise Day One might do that, which, in fact, is exactly the case here.

Since Autumn didn't learn that lesson, I'm going to assume he isn't inclined to learn it and has ulterior motives for continuing to vote me.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:22 PM   #214
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

VOTE AUTUMN

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:22 PM   #215
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

That should be "otherwise dull Day One", above.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:24 PM   #216
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Clearly, you knew we'd know that. And knowing that we'd know that, you did otherwise.

Or perhaps you knew that we'd know you knew we know, and are above suspicion.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:24 PM   #217
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

And goody. We have, what, 5 people with 1 vote now?

The Captain does not approve. Not at all.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:39 PM   #218
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Clearly, you knew we'd know that. And knowing that we'd know that, you did otherwise.

Or perhaps you knew that we'd know you knew we know, and are above suspicion.

While I can't expect Autumn to know that I was at work (as I didn't offer that up until now), it is pretty clear in the aftermath that I:

1. Made a controversial vote, and
2. Was not around last night after voting

It's fairly reasonable to conclude that a wolf or a roled villager would not do that, or at the very least it would be pretty questionable to assume that person is indeed a wolf and must be worthy of still receiving a vote the next day, when all of this was clear.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:40 PM   #219
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And goody. We have, what, 5 people with 1 vote now?

The Captain does not approve. Not at all.

It's a long day, and most importantly, the Fix the Portal crowd is in place.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:41 PM   #220
The Jackal
Coordinator

That's getting a little meta-gamey - devil's advocate would say that you didn't feel the vote on Zinto was controversial and didn't think opposition to it would gain traction.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:41 PM   #221
The Jackal
Coordinator

Not saying you're a clear lynch choice, but just sayin'
Old 05-06-2014, 12:44 PM   #222
Autumn
Head Coach

Or that you hoped if it gathered some momentum, good things might happen, but you can say "oh well I wasn't around, I would have changed it."

I'm not claiming to have found a wolf based on one post. But there are plenty of explanations for that other than "obviously a wolf wouldn't have done this." Anyway, glad to see you back, Chief.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:47 PM   #223
Autumn
Head Coach

But back to my original question, Chief, which my vote was meant to encourage you to answer - why do you think it is a good idea to vote the Mayor? Because I didn't get that at all.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:53 PM   #224
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 223

The Jackal 1 - JAG (191)
Chief Rum 1 - Autumn (198)
britrock88 1 - Coffee Warlord (204)
saldana 1 - Zinto (209)
Autumn 1 - Chief Rum (214)
Old 05-06-2014, 12:54 PM   #225
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

vote chief rum
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:07 PM   #226
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
That's getting a little meta-gamey - devil's advocate would say that you didn't feel the vote on Zinto was controversial and didn't think opposition to it would gain traction.

Not metagamey at all. It is clear that I either was not around or not choosing to respond if I was around. I would guess most would presume I was not around, for whatever reason, rather than not choosing to respond. That's not metagamey, just fact.

We have only one clear roled player (note, not yet saying "villager"), and I voted for him. If someone chooses to not see that as controversial, that's on them, but I am pretty sure all of us would disagree with that person. If someone were to claim that, it would in fact be extremely suspicious (on top of the vote itself).

My reasoning on questioning Autumn at this point of the game is why he would choose to vote me again without choosing to hear from me. When he voted for me last night, he would not have known I would not respond (and thus was clearly not around). Now, he has that info, but he chose to vote me instead of making the logical conclusion I could not have acted the way I had as either a wolf or a roled villager. Since the unroled villager is all we are left to presume, his decision to vote for me anyway is a negative for the village.

Ergo, he is not acting the best interests of the village.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:09 PM   #227
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Or that you hoped if it gathered some momentum, good things might happen, but you can say "oh well I wasn't around, I would have changed it."

I'm not claiming to have found a wolf based on one post. But there are plenty of explanations for that other than "obviously a wolf wouldn't have done this." Anyway, glad to see you back, Chief.

I was unlikely to change it even if I wasn't around. I wanted to know more about the Mayor position. I don't know that the Mayor is automatically a villager. Zinto was the first to be voted, and I believe we have saboteurs from the start. So there was every chance for Zinto to be a saboteur before he got the vote from Danny.

So the Mayor is not necessarily a villager role. It is just a role. I wanted to put pressure on that role, see what Zinto could do.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:10 PM   #228
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Oh, and glad to see you here, too, Autumn.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:11 PM   #229
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
But back to my original question, Chief, which my vote was meant to encourage you to answer - why do you think it is a good idea to vote the Mayor? Because I didn't get that at all.

Oh, obviously, I was responding to this question in my last post two above me.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:14 PM   #230
The Jackal
Coordinator

That mau vote is interesting.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:21 PM   #231
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, as I think I said when voting, I voted you today because I had yet to get an answer from you, Chief. Doesn't mean that I was going to refuse to move off of you, just gets a vote out on the table until we get some info from you.

My question is, yes, of course Zinto could be a bad guy. But if you suspect that he has the power to Duke, as you said in your vote post, why would putting votes on him be a good idea? It sounded like you were saying if we forced him to use his power we would find something out. but we already know for certain that he's the Mayor, we just don't know what that means or if he's good. i don't see the advantage of putting pressure on someone who may be bad, and have the power to change the vote.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:21 PM   #232
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I hadn't even considered that...aak.

This post made me tingle a little, just reminding myself. Could be off base and I don't leave DT any room to argue it, but feeling things out here.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:24 PM   #233
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 230

Chief Rum 2 - Autumn (198), mauchow (225)
The Jackal 1 - JAG (191)
britrock88 1 - Coffee Warlord (204)
saldana 1 - Zinto (209)
Autumn 1 - Chief Rum (214)
Old 05-06-2014, 01:27 PM   #234
The Jackal
Coordinator

I don't really have issues with CR's responses today. I'd like to hear from mau why he made that vote.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:28 PM   #235
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I dunno what to make of Chief right now. He seems almost too vehemently defensive. Perhaps the mayor discovered he is illegally dumping chemicals into our lakes and rivers, and had to remove him before he was publicly outed?

Captain Planet will get to the bottom of this.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:31 PM   #236
Autumn
Head Coach

No need, Captain. With my investigative skills we'll be to the bottom of this in no time. Let me see, where did I put my note book?
Old 05-06-2014, 01:31 PM   #237
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I don't really have issues with CR's responses today. I'd like to hear from mau why he made that vote.

That said I still don't agree with the voting rationale on Zinto from yesterday.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:31 PM   #238
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, as I think I said when voting, I voted you today because I had yet to get an answer from you, Chief. Doesn't mean that I was going to refuse to move off of you, just gets a vote out on the table until we get some info from you.

My question is, yes, of course Zinto could be a bad guy. But if you suspect that he has the power to Duke, as you said in your vote post, why would putting votes on him be a good idea? It sounded like you were saying if we forced him to use his power we would find something out. but we already know for certain that he's the Mayor, we just don't know what that means or if he's good. i don't see the advantage of putting pressure on someone who may be bad, and have the power to change the vote.

I suggested the Duke as a possibility. The point was to get more information on the Mayor role.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:38 PM   #239
Autumn
Head Coach

So you mean you were hoping that Zinto would reveal information under pressure of receiving votes? Or you thought if he won the vote we would learn something?
Old 05-06-2014, 01:48 PM   #240
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So you mean you were hoping that Zinto would reveal information under pressure of receiving votes? Or you thought if he won the vote we would learn something?

I took a chance (a small one) to discover "X", representing a variable meaning "anything about the Mayor role that might be useful". I didn't really think it was likely to work, but worth a shot on Day One.

I felt it would be more productive than your typical meaningless Day One votes in which we all engage. And at worst, it's just another Day One vote.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:51 PM   #241
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Are my votes really all that interesting? Hold on.. I gotta piss.

Ok. I am back.

What were we talking about? Oh, yeah. So I heard that the world I live in is a drawing. What the hell is that all about?
Old 05-06-2014, 01:52 PM   #242
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

At least it ain't cool world.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:53 PM   #243
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I took a chance (a small one) to discover "X", representing a variable meaning "anything about the Mayor role that might be useful". I didn't really think it was likely to work, but worth a shot on Day One.

I felt it would be more productive than your typical meaningless Day One votes in which we all engage. And at worst, it's just another Day One vote.

Let me be clear that I don't think this subject is nearly worth the amount of words we're spending on it, but at least we're talking about something.

I still don't see an answer to my question. Did you think Zinto would tell us something, or that if he was lynched we would find something out?
Old 05-06-2014, 02:02 PM   #244
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Let me be clear that I don't think this subject is nearly worth the amount of words we're spending on it, but at least we're talking about something.

I still don't see an answer to my question. Did you think Zinto would tell us something, or that if he was lynched we would find something out?

I didn't have a concrete goal. I was fishing. Applying pressure can sometimes get interesting results. I had no idea what, if anything, I would find. Either from Zinto reacting, or not reacting, or others reacting on Zinto's behalf.

Old 05-06-2014, 02:06 PM   #245
Autumn
Head Coach

Cool.

I take it that Zinto is still mayor, so this will not be a daily election, but presumably he will remain so until killed or perhaps there is a more intermittent election.

There is some danger in having a bad guy possibly as mayor, but my inclination in these kind of games is to let the big guy be until we get some reason to suspect him.

It sounded from the writeup that specifically we're looking for someone who sabotaged the portal yesterday. I don't know if that's just flavor or if there's anything implied by that. I guess I don't see any rules about discovering info so probably just flavor from a lynch.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:11 PM   #246
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

The Captain stands with the Mayor...so long as he continues to crack down on deforestation and food preservatives.

It's the middle of the day, we have 1 person with 2 votes, and 4 with 1. Let's change that.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:12 PM   #247
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Unvote Brit
Vote Saldana
Old 05-06-2014, 02:26 PM   #248
Zinto
College Starter

I am still the mayor. I tried to hint yesterday that I there wasn't going to be another.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:28 PM   #249
Zinto
College Starter

I don't think it is in my or the citizens of Toonsville to disclose what I can or cannot do for them. You will just have to trust your mayor.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:28 PM   #250
Zinto
College Starter

And yes, Danny voting for me first made me the mayor. Thanks Danny