Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-01-2024, 09:50 AM   #101
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Biden's thing has been to tell people to vote for the other guy. He's been doing it since he got into politics. How do you know so little about these people?

Biden tells voters 'don't vote for me' if they're concerned about his age | Fox News

Joe Biden tells immigration activist, 'You should vote for Trump'

Biden tells Des Moines activist 'vote for someone else' in tense exchange

Foxnews...(snort laugh)
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams

Last edited by Qwikshot : 05-01-2024 at 09:51 AM.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 10:02 AM   #102
RainMaker
General Manager

He said it in front of other reporters and it was sort of a story. He's said it his whole career no matter how deep in the sand you want to bury your head.

Biden, Sanders and Warren take different paths to the top of the 2020 pack | CNN Politics
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 10:06 AM   #103
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

MAGA has taken over the Libertarian Party. Trump is the headliner for the national convention. I expect they endorse him or nobody if there's a revolt.
Old 05-01-2024, 10:12 AM   #104
RainMaker
General Manager

Are they even running a candidate? I haven't seen any polls that include them. Seen polls with RFK, West and Stein though.
Old 05-01-2024, 11:39 AM   #105
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I'm not voting for Trump. Take it up with the people who are or the candidates who somehow lose to him.

I don't care who you're voting for. I am of the opinion anyone not voting Biden is a de facto Trump vote.

You keep screaming about genocide while completely discounting the fact that a Trump admin would be far worse for the Palestinian people. there is a reason Bibi wants Trump to win. He couldn't spell Gaza if you spotted him the G and A. He couldn't give a rip about them.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 12:24 PM   #106
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I don't care who you're voting for. I am of the opinion anyone not voting Biden is a de facto Trump vote.

You keep screaming about genocide while completely discounting the fact that a Trump admin would be far worse for the Palestinian people. there is a reason Bibi wants Trump to win. He couldn't spell Gaza if you spotted him the G and A. He couldn't give a rip about them.

I agree. I dont particularly like Biden but ill be voting and supporting him since Trump is the alternative. It boggles ny mind how anyone who despises Trump could consider not voting Biden regardless what they think of him. Its unfortunate thats the current state of things, but it is. Any non Biden vote is supporting Trump and the new MAGA republican party.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 12:53 PM   #107
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Trump excerpt in Time. tldr: Trump ain't gonna do much for Palestinians.

https://time.com/6972022/donald-trum...2024-election/

Sir, you've been critical of how Israel has prosecuted its war against Hamas. In a recent interview, you said that it needed to “get it over with” and “get back to normalcy.”

Trump: Yeah.

So as President, would you consider withholding American military assistance to Israel to push it to winding down its war?

Trump: Okay. So let me, I have to start just as I did inside. [Asks an aide to turn down the air conditioner.] I don't have to go through the whole thing. But as you know, Iran was broke. Iran is the purveyor of—

No, I know that but would you—

Trump: No, but think of the great job I did. It would have never happened. It would have never happened. You wouldn't have had—Hamas had no money. Do you know that?

I do understand that, sir, I just want to know—

Trump: No, but I hope it can be pointed out. During my term, there were stories that Iran didn't have the money to give to any—there was very little terrorism. We had none. I had four years of—we had no terrorism. We didn't have a World Trade Center knocked down. You know, Bush used to say, “Well, we’ve been a safe country.” I said they knocked down the World Trade Center in the middle of your term. Do you remember that one during the debate? That was a good one. But it was true, very true. But we had no terror during our—and we got rid of ISIS 100%. Now they're starting to come back.

I want to know—you said you want to get Israel to wind down the war. You said it needs to “get it over with.” How are you going to make that happen? Would you consider withholding aid?

Trump: I think that Israel has done one thing very badly: public relations. I don't think that the Israel Defense Fund or any other group should be sending out pictures every night of buildings falling down and being bombed with possibly people in those buildings every single night, which is what they do.

So you won’t rule out withholding or conditioning aid?

Trump: No, I—we have to be. Look, there's been no president that's done what I've done for Israel. When you look at all of the things that I've done, and it starts with the Iran nuclear deal. You know, Bibi Netanyahu begged Obama not to do that deal. I ended that deal. And if they were smart and energetic, other than trying to get Trump, they would have made a deal because they were in bad shape. They should have made a deal with Iran. They didn't prosecute that. They didn't make that deal. But I did Golan Heights.

You did.

Trump: Nobody even thought of Golan Heights. I gave them Golan Heights. I did the embassy and in Jerusalem. Jerusalem became the capital. I built the embassy. I even built the embassy.

Right.

Trump: And it's a beautiful embassy for a lot less money than anybody ever thought possible. And you've heard that. But there's been no president that's done what I've done in Israel. And it's interesting. The people of Israel appreciate it. I have like a 98%—I have the highest approval numbers.

Do you know who doesn’t have a high approval rating right now in Israel, though?

Trump: Bibi.

Yeah. Do you think it's time for him to go?

Trump: Well, I had a bad experience with Bibi. And it had to do with Soleimani, because as you probably know by now, he dropped out just before the attack. And I said, “What's that all about?” Because that was going to be a joint and all of a sudden, we were told that Israel was not doing it. And I was not happy about that. That was something I never forgot. And it showed me something. I would say that what happened on—the October 7 should have never happened.

It happened on his watch.

Trump: No, it happened on his watch. And I think it's had a profound impact on him, despite everything. Because people said that shouldn't have happened. They have the most sophisticated equipment. They had—everything was there to stop that. And a lot of people knew about it, you know, thousands and thousands of people knew about it, but Israel didn't know about it, and I think he's being blamed for that very strongly, being blamed. And now you have the hostage situation—

Has his time passed?

Trump: And I happen to think that on the hostages, knowing something about the enemy, and knowing something about people, I think you have very few hostages left. You know, they talk about all of these hostages. I don't believe these people are able or even wanting to take care of people as negotiations. I don't—I think the hostages are going to be far fewer than people think, which is a very sad thing.

You think you could work better with Benny Gantz than Netanyahu in a second term?

Trump: I think Benny Gantz is good, but I'm not prepared to say that. I haven't spoken to him about it. But you have some very good people that I've gotten to know in Israel that could do a good job.

Do you think—

Trump: And I will say this, Bibi Netanyahu rightfully has been criticized for what took place on October 7.

Do you think an outcome of that war between Israel and Hamas should be a two state solution between Israelis and Palestinians?

Trump: Most people thought it was going to be a two-state solution. I'm not sure a two-state solution anymore is gonna work. Everybody was talking about two states, even when I was there. I was saying, “What do you like here? Do you like two states?” Now people are going back to—it depends where you are. Every day it changes now. If Israel’s making progress, they don't want two states. They want everything. And if Israel's not making progress, sometimes they talk about two-state solution. Two-state solution seemed to be the idea that people liked most, the policy or the idea that people liked above.

Do you like it?

Trump: It depends when. There was a time when I thought two states could work. Now I think two states is going to be very, very tough. I think it's going to be much tougher to get. I also think you have fewer people that liked the idea. You had a lot of people that liked the idea four years ago. Today, you have far fewer people that like that idea.

You said–

Trump; There may not be another idea. You know, there are people that say that that situation is one of the toughest, the toughest to settle.

Yeah, absolutely.

Trump: Because children grow up and they're taught to hate Jewish people at a level that nobody thought was possible. And I had a friend, a very good friend, Sheldon Adelson, who felt that it was impossible to make a deal because the level of hatred was so great. And I think it was much more so on one side than the other, but the level of hatred of Jewish people was so great, and taught from the time they were in kindergarten and before. He felt that—and he was a great dealmaker. He was a very rich man. He was a rich man because of his ability to make deals. And he loved Israel more than anything else. He loved Israel, and he wanted to protect Israel. And he felt that it was impossible to make a deal because of the level of hatred.

Do you feel that way now?

Trump: I disagreed with it. But so far, he hasn’t been wrong.

You said you're proud to be one of the first presidents in generations to have not gotten the United States into a war. You addressed this a little bit in the press conference. But if Iran and Israel got into a war, will you join in Israel side?

Trump: I have been very loyal to Israel, more loyal than any other president. I've done more for Israel than any other president. Yeah, I will protect Israel.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 05-01-2024, 01:02 PM   #108
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Stable genius
Old 05-01-2024, 01:13 PM   #109
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64
How about this ...

Nah. We can agree on the importance of foreign policy issue, but we don't agree on this. I could just as easily say 'everyone who votes for Trump or Biden is voting for third-party candidates not being viable'.

I think people are responsible for voting for the candidates they vote for, that's it and that's all. Ideas like 'I have to vote for X, otherwhise Y will win' is handing over your vote to other people. Voting for someone you don't want because of how you expect others to behave. You're not responsible for what they do, and they're not responsible for what you do. You're responsible for your vote, and only that.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Any non Biden vote is supporting Trump and the new MAGA republican party.

Nope. Supporting Trump is actually supporting him. Voting for someone else is not supporting him, by definition.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 05-01-2024 at 01:15 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 01:18 PM   #110
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Can you name a candidate that you agree with 100% on everything? I've never met one, and if I did I still would question voting for them, because I'm a moron.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 01:23 PM   #111
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post

Nope. Supporting Trump is actually supporting him. Voting for someone else is not supporting him, by definition.

Maybe not supporting him, but if you vote for RFK, etc...and Trump wins you are just as responsible for it as someone who voted for and supports Trump.
Old 05-01-2024, 01:26 PM   #112
GrantDawg

RFK Jr. is just as dangerous a moron as Trump.
Old 05-01-2024, 01:58 PM   #113
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post

Two dipshits; I figure at some point if RFK gains enough steam, Trump will make him VP with some controlled measures. I have no doubt they have enough dirt on him and will put him in the stable just like Lindsey Graham, Tim Scott and other MAGA yahoos.

At some point, their idealogies will collide and it'll be easier to merge then battle. I figure even if MAGAts force RFK out, he'll continue to campaign and force MAGATs to protest vote which would be really bad for Trump.

Just a moment...
Old 05-01-2024, 02:31 PM   #114
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Can you name a candidate that you agree with 100% on everything? I've never met one, and if I did I still would question voting for them, because I'm a moron.

Personally, a vote for anyone other than me is a lesser of 330 million evils.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 02:47 PM   #115
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

That's because you believe politicians are owed votes by people. Like a feudal lord we owe tribute to every 4 years or else. It's why Hillary lost and why Joe is on pace to lose.

You have to earn votes. That's on the candidates, not on everyone else. The rest is just lame excuses for failures of bad politicians running bad campaigns.

Quote:

We need to elect Biden or else the bad things that are happening under Biden will continue to happen?
Old 05-01-2024, 02:53 PM   #116
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Maybe not supporting him, but if you vote for RFK, etc...and Trump wins you are just as responsible for it as someone who voted for and supports Trump.

If you are losing votes to RFK, that's on you. Don't run such a dogshit candidate.
Old 05-01-2024, 02:54 PM   #117
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

I know he's got some weird conspiracy stuff going on, but he seems pretty reasonable on the environment/climate change, crime & policing, education, economy, don't like his foreign policy but arguably reasonable, immigration, reproductive rights.

Robert F. Kennedy's top policies: A 2024 presidential election guide

RFK Jr.'s presidential campaign is driven by conspiracy theories : NPR

So from the little I've read so far

Joe > Kennedy > Trump

Last edited by Edward64 : 05-01-2024 at 02:54 PM.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 02:57 PM   #118
RainMaker
General Manager

Here are polls with and without RFK. His inclusion mostly helps Trump in swing states but the numbers are probably within the margin of error. I sort of think it'll boil down to what he leans into during the campaign. If he focuses on the anti-war stuff he's been pushing, it'll hurt Biden. If he focuses on the anti-vax stuff, it'll hurt Trump.

Last edited by RainMaker : 05-01-2024 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-01-2024, 03:00 PM   #119
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

We need to elect Biden or else the bad things that are happening under Biden will continue to happen?

No. Worse things will happen under Trump.

It’s almost like we tried this once before in 2016 and it ended pretty fuckkng horribly. Nevermind all the things he has said and done since. Have you read the time piece? Project 2025?
Old 05-01-2024, 03:29 PM   #120
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
No. Worse things will happen under Trump.

It’s almost like we tried this once before in 2016 and it ended pretty fuckkng horribly. Nevermind all the things he has said and done since. Have you read the time piece? Project 2025?

Seems like someone should inform Joe so he stops doing unpopular things and ostracizing his base so that doesn't happen. Unless Israel gets 70 electoral votes I don't know about, it seems much easier to convince one man to change his position than ask millions to vote against their conscience.
Old 05-01-2024, 03:53 PM   #121
GrantDawg

"Wi-Fi causes cancer and "leaky brain," Kennedy*told podcaster Joe Rogan*last month. Antidepressants are to blame for school shootings, he*mused during an appearance*with Twitter CEO Elon Musk. Chemicals in the water supply could turn children transgender, he*told right-wing Canadian psychologist and podcaster Jordan Peterson, echoing a*false assertion*made by serial fabulist*Alex Jones. AIDS may not be caused by HIV, he has*suggested multiple times."

Oh yeah. There is nothing to worry about with him.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2024, 04:03 PM   #122
RainMaker
General Manager

I don't think anyone here is voting for RFK or that he has any chance of becoming President.
Old 05-01-2024, 04:04 PM   #123
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Seems like someone should inform Joe so he stops doing unpopular things and ostracizing his base so that doesn't happen. Unless Israel gets 70 electoral votes I don't know about, it seems much easier to convince one man to change his position than ask millions to vote against their conscience.

Or people can focus on the good he has done and his terrible opponent, not his age.

The number of people that Gaza moves the needle on is infinitesimal compared to those concerned about Bidens age.
Old 05-01-2024, 04:06 PM   #124
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- Just heard the closest place for women in the south to get an abortion is Charlotte NC and Trump is talking about red states tracking womens pregnancies but sure, lets vote for him.
Old 05-01-2024, 04:07 PM   #125
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

double dola- lets put the party in power who will try and enact this nationally

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/01/u...n-florida.html
Old 05-01-2024, 04:41 PM   #126
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Or people can focus on the good he has done and his terrible opponent, not his age.

The number of people that Gaza moves the needle on is infinitesimal compared to those concerned about Bidens age.

It's the #1 news story in the world. It's the central focus of the Biden administration and Congress at the moment. There's an enormous effort by politicians and law enforcement to stamp out dissent toward Israel. So you can say it doesn't move the needle, but it sure seems like the people in power disagree.

To me it seems like young people care about Gaza. A demographic that Biden absolutely needs in November. Same with Muslims in key swing states like Michigan. Seems they are mad about the genocide and no amount of beatings he sends their way or apps he bans will change that.
Old 05-01-2024, 04:47 PM   #127
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
dola- Just heard the closest place for women in the south to get an abortion is Charlotte NC and Trump is talking about red states tracking womens pregnancies but sure, lets vote for him.

This happened while Biden was President. Why do you think he can change it?
Old 05-01-2024, 05:16 PM   #128
GrantDawg

"The number of people that Gaza moves the needle on is infinitesimal compared to those concerned about Bidens age"

You couldn't win the nomination of either major party with an anti-Isreal position, nor would you carry a single state. Even people who are pro peace in the region are not anti-Isreal. Only the very far left and the very far right are anti-Isreal.

Old 05-01-2024, 05:18 PM   #129
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

This is so purposefully disingenuous. It's why I rarely engage with you anymore.
Old 05-01-2024, 05:31 PM   #130
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
"Wi-Fi causes cancer and "leaky brain," Kennedy*told podcaster Joe Rogan*last month. Antidepressants are to blame for school shootings, he*mused during an appearance*with Twitter CEO Elon Musk. Chemicals in the water supply could turn children transgender, he*told right-wing Canadian psychologist and podcaster Jordan Peterson, echoing a*false assertion*made by serial fabulist*Alex Jones. AIDS may not be caused by HIV, he has*suggested multiple times."

Oh yeah. There is nothing to worry about with him.

Yup, I read that. All I’m saying is he’s not as bad as Trump. If it was between Trump and Kennedy (no Joe), I’d go with Kennedy.
Old 05-01-2024, 05:46 PM   #131
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
"The number of people that Gaza moves the needle on is infinitesimal compared to those concerned about Bidens age"

You couldn't win the nomination of either major party with an anti-Isreal position, nor would you carry a single state. Even people who are pro peace in the region are not anti-Isreal. Only the very far left and the very far right are anti-Isreal.

Very true. That doesn't stop all media from calling them "Pro-Palestinian" protesters, when they are really pro-peace. These are real issues, not football teams, and you'd think we'd be at a point where it stops getting treated that way.

Why we need to stop using ‘pro-Palestine’ and ‘pro-Israel’ | Judith Levine | The Guardian
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 05:51 PM   #132
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
This is so purposefully disingenuous. It's why I rarely engage with you anymore.

No it's not. Lathum is complaining about something that actively took place under a Biden Presidency. It's another "thing that is happening under Biden might happen under Trump too" argument.

Biden has no power to overturn the court's decision. He has no control over what states decide on the issue. And he has no intention of offering any support for women through clinics on federal land, vouchers, increasing the size of SCOTUS, etc.
Old 05-01-2024, 06:54 PM   #133
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

Majority of Americans disapprove of what Israel is doing in Gaza.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/642695/...tion-gaza.aspx

Overwhelming majority of Americans are calling for a permanent ceasefire and de-escalation of violence.

400 Bad Request

Biden's stance is incredibly unpopular (and these polls were before the TikTok ban). He is the extremist in this scenario and it is going to cost him the election.

People should be upset that Biden cares more about Israel and Netanyahu than he does about Americans he was elected to govern.
Old 05-01-2024, 07:13 PM   #134
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Let me know when Biden says he will encourage red states to track womens pregnancies to make sure they don't get unauthorized abortions. totally normal policy position.

Last edited by Lathum : 05-01-2024 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-01-2024, 07:26 PM   #135
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Let me know when Biden says he will encourage red states to track womens pregnancies to make sure they don't get unauthorized abortions. totally normal policy position.

Red states can do this with or without Biden as President. He has no power to stop them.

Just tell me what Biden is going to do to prevent these things from happening. I'm not asking a lot here. You're implying that the issue of abortion and the states rides on this election but can't give me some examples of what Biden can do to protect it.
Old 05-01-2024, 07:27 PM   #136
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

He's not going to put in a national ban for one. Not going to encourage red states to make even more draconian laws. Not going to replace a justice with one who will uphold even harsher rulings. Etc....
Old 05-01-2024, 07:36 PM   #137
RainMaker
General Manager

Trump won't have 60 votes in the Senate to create a national ban either. And he can encourage red states to impose draconian laws as President or a private citizen. He has no legal power.

Judges are the only real argument and a valid one. Although Biden isn't exactly putting abortion at the top of his selection process. And that doesn't even account for all the openings he hasn't filled in the federal system or the blue slip rule he's still abiding by. Or the fact his unpopularity may cost Democrats the Senate and make all this judge stuff moot anyway.
Old 05-01-2024, 07:38 PM   #138
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Majority of Americans disapprove of what Israel is doing in Gaza.

The majority of Americans aren't particularly bright so this isn't all that shocking.

Throw in the ones that are simply plain ol' evil and I really struggle to imagine anything right or useful -- like the very restrained response by Israel, which isn't even a fraction of what should be done in that region -- that could pass a poll these days.
Old 05-01-2024, 07:39 PM   #139
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I will note that I'm amused by the footage from Tuscaloosa that has both pro-terrorist protesters AND the pro-Israel counterprotestors chanting "Fuck Joe Biden" at the same time.

THAT is funny.
Old 05-01-2024, 08:10 PM   #140
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I will note that I'm amused by the footage from Tuscaloosa that has both pro-terrorist protesters AND the pro-Israel counterprotestors chanting "Fuck Joe Biden" at the same time.

THAT is funny.

Didn't read about it. Who won?

Poor Joe. One of the things moderates have to put up with. Take middle of road, make neither extreme sides happy.

Last edited by Edward64 : 05-01-2024 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-01-2024, 08:12 PM   #141
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

2/3 of abortions are chemically induced and the difference on mifepristone access between Biden and Trump is extreme.

Last edited by JPhillips : 05-01-2024 at 08:12 PM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 08:17 PM   #142
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

THAT is funny.

Here's another good one.

Hope they all got responsibly drunk (and laid).

$124K raised for UNC frat brothers who saved American flag from anti-Israeli mob
Quote:
A group of patriotic frat brothers at the University of North Carolina are being rewarded for protecting the Stars and Stripes from an anti-Israeli mob bent on hoisting the Palestinian colors.

A GoFundMe page set up for the Pi Kappa Phi students has raised more than $122,000 as of Wednesday afternoon for the students’ heroic stand this week at the UNC-Chapel Hill campus — “to throw this frat the party they deserve,” the fundraising site said.

“Commie losers across the country have invaded college campuses to make dumb demands of weak university administrators,” the organizers wrote.

“But amidst the chaos, the screaming, the antisemitism, the hatred of faith and flag, stood a platoon of American heroes.

Old 05-01-2024, 08:27 PM   #143
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

THAT is funny.

He said he'd bring both sides together on the campaign trail. Can't fault him for following through.
Old 05-01-2024, 10:15 PM   #144
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
2/3 of abortions are chemically induced and the difference on mifepristone access between Biden and Trump is extreme.

Seems bad and a reason to talk Biden into stepping aside so someone more popular can win. This stuff seems important to you so I don't know why you'd want to unconditionally back the guy projected to lose by like 50 electoral votes to Trump.
Old 05-01-2024, 11:45 PM   #145
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Seems bad and a reason to talk Biden into stepping aside so someone more popular can win. This stuff seems important to you so I don't know why you'd want to unconditionally back the guy projected to lose by like 50 electoral votes to Trump.

You post and act like we have Biden sitting next to us and he wants to hear our opinion on what to do. Its Biden vs Trump, thats what is happening in reality. I stand by my statement that given this reality, any non Biden vote is at the very least a soft support of Trump.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 05:43 AM   #146
Edward64
Head Coach

Yup. If you don't vote Joe, you are helping Trump.

Morbidly looking forward to the sweet irony if Trump is elected due to the extremist Gen Z college kids and pro-terrorist sympathizers. Fun times when they realize what they've done.

Trump gives his strongman’s ambitions free rein on a day off from court | CNN Politics
Quote:
“When I return to the White House, we will stop the plunder, rape, slaughter, and destruction of the American suburbs, cities and towns,” Trump vowed, pledging mass deportations of undocumented migrants, crackdowns on the bureaucracy and higher education and on what he called the “communists and criminals” in the Democratic Party. Earlier in Wisconsin, he updated his sketch of an “American carnage” national hellscape, warning that the nation was under siege from “radical extremists and far-left agitators who are terrorizing college campuses.”

Last edited by Edward64 : 05-02-2024 at 05:44 AM.
Old 05-02-2024, 09:09 AM   #147
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Purposefully disingenuous.

I'm done now.
Old 05-02-2024, 11:18 AM   #148
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
You post and act like we have Biden sitting next to us and he wants to hear our opinion on what to do. Its Biden vs Trump, thats what is happening in reality. I stand by my statement that given this reality, any non Biden vote is at the very least a soft support of Trump.

You have to make that statement because you chose a shit candidate that people don't like and need excuses for why they will lose. Same take you all had with Hillary 8 years ago. It was Russia or Jill Stein or whatever excuse was trendy that day. Anything but admitting you anointed a bad candidate.

And you folks say Trump supporters are a cult. Projection at its finest.
Old 05-02-2024, 11:49 AM   #149
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Nobody knows what another person's intents are. People can just disagree honestly, even if we think what they are saying is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum

No you aren't. Anyone who wants to be mad at those people, be my guest, but as a matter of basic math and logic this is not the case.

If I vote for Trump, he gets one additional vote. If I vote for Biden, he gets one. If I vote for neither, whether I vote at all or it's a third candidate, neither of them get one.

Trump gets less votes in the third party/abstain scenario. He does not get the same as if I voted for him. In the Trump-Biden comparison, anything other than voting for one of those two is mathematically and definitionally a neutral act.

The contrary opinion requires starting from 'vote for Biden' as a baseline, but that's not what the baseline is. It requires an overt act to make that happen.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 05-02-2024 at 11:50 AM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 12:55 PM   #150
GrantDawg

I didn't vote for Hillary in 2016. It was a stupid protest vote that did nothing but help a power-hungry narcissistic evil maniac into power and has done serious damage to this country. How did that protest vote help anything? What did it prove? I would much rather insure we as a nation don't goose walk into a Nazified dictatorship than not vote for Biden because he us too old.