KC/LA: Missouri grudge match
KC/NO: Hank Stram Bowl!

I’m rooting for matriculation.

KC/NO would also be MVP vs. Runner Up.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:12 PM   #1252
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Will New York Giants opt for a family reunion at QB?
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:30 AM   #1253
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I get being pissed / frustrated / whatever with Cody Parkey because of his kicking woes. Sometimes guys don't get the job done & you have to move on.

Not sure I get why a short appearance on Today was such a big deal. Based on two recaps of the brief discussion that took place I don't think he said anything there that he didn't say -- and receive praise for -- following the game.

If the Bears wanna go a different direction fine by me. But don't generate some phony angst about a TV interview, just say it was because his performance sucked for most of the season.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:58 AM   #1254
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Parkey for Boswell would be a great shitty kicker trade
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 11:20 AM   #1255
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I get being pissed / frustrated / whatever with Cody Parkey because of his kicking woes. Sometimes guys don't get the job done & you have to move on.

Not sure I get why a short appearance on Today was such a big deal. Based on two recaps of the brief discussion that took place I don't think he said anything there that he didn't say -- and receive praise for -- following the game.

If the Bears wanna go a different direction fine by me. But don't generate some phony angst about a TV interview, just say it was because his performance sucked for most of the season.

Wouldn’t that put the focus on management for keeping a kicker that sucked for most of the season on the roster for the playoffs?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 12:11 PM   #1256
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

It's a big deal because he's getting personal attention. Based on what Nagy said that's the problem. It's about the team, not the individual.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:40 PM   #1257
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:

I agree. I don't think there needs to be any comment from the Bears' management, even if it's about team vs individual. No Bears fan will be mad if Parkey is cut. Most probably wonder why he's still on the roster and wanted him cut right as the kick clanked off the crossbar. Who's going to be mad if you cut a kicker who's clanked 7 kicks off the uprights including 4 in one game?

Last edited by rjolley : 01-15-2019 at 12:41 PM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:15 PM   #1258
Logan
Head Coach

Any chance they're trying to set the basis for a "conduct detrimental to the team" type action since he's already guaranteed $3.5MM (or whatever) next season?

Last edited by Logan : 01-15-2019 at 01:15 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 12:22 PM   #1259
BishopMVP
Coordinator

The media getting upset about the Patriots (kind of tongue in cheek) playing the disrespect card is equal parts predictable and hilarious. Yes, Vegas and presumably the betting public has always respected them, and I'm sure the Chiefs do too. But when you can't go one regular season loss without the Boston media writing the Patriots dynasty's obituary, or ESPN/NFL Network running graphics that give the Chiefs the edge at head coach, or ones with Dak Prescott ahead of Tom Brady as playoff QB's you want, or about 50% of analyst's thinking the Southern California Chargers were going to come into Foxboro for a 1pm start in 30 degree weather and win, it's obvious where the fuel for that narrative is coming from.

Hopefully both games this weekend live up to their regular season counterparts. Everyone is focusing on the Patriots power running game when they're on O, but trying to predict which aspect the Patriots offense will accentuate for big games is foolish. (I think this was a good article showing some things from the Chargers game they did to get Edelman and White free in space Film Room: New England's Offense | Football Outsiders ) So at the risk of looking dumb I'm predicting a throwback game from Rob Gronkowski. Yes he's a shell of himself as a runner, but I also feel like they've deliberately been underutilizing him as a receiver since the Miami game. Plus even if he plays Eric Berry is really hurt himself with that heel injury.

For the Chiefs on O Kareem Hunt has killed us the last couple seasons, so that's a break there (I also think Ware is slightly worse than the other backs, so hopefully he tries to play ). I think we can slant more resources to Kelce or Watkins and it'll be interesting to see if (and which one) we try to eliminate. As much as preventing Tyreek Hill from home run plays is our other goal I'm not sure there's any personnel or scheme we can do there, and as a fan I'll just have to hope he doesn't end up in space on one of those broken plays Mahomes has excelled at.

Btw if either team gets up early I think this will set the unofficial record for "least confident any fanbase has ever felt during an NFL playoffs game with a double digit lead"

Last edited by BishopMVP : 01-17-2019 at 12:24 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 12:29 PM   #1260
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
It's a big deal because he's getting personal attention. Based on what Nagy said that's the problem. It's about the team, not the individual.

Do they answer questions from the media as an 70+ man roster/staff?
Doubtful.

Does the league, or even the team, discourage media cooperation?
In a league that needs all the positive press it can get? Doubtful.

Short of some information that Parkey had his agent reach out to the show & ask for a spot (which seems less likely than the show reaching out to either his agent or the team itself) then Nagy sounded like a f'n idiot with his explanation IMO.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:42 PM   #1261
BishopMVP
Coordinator

It makes as much sense as the Chiefs putting out a statement saying they released Kareem Hunt not because he hit a woman, but because he misled them about hitting a woman.

NFL coaches & GM's outside of like Belichick and Mike Zimmer love to put their foot in their mouth when they try to explain their actions. He's a kicker, he missed kicks, and the only reason they haven't cut him yet is that he's owed some guaranteed money and the last guy they cut has been great ever since, so they want to wait at least until they have some rookie who looks better in the preseason before making an official decision.
Old 01-17-2019, 05:02 PM   #1262
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
It makes as much sense as the White House Chiefs putting out a statement saying they released Michael Flynn Kareem Hunt not because he met with Russians hit a woman, but because he misled them about meeting with Russians hitting a woman.

(couldn't resist)
Old 01-20-2019, 05:56 AM   #1263
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Is there any way like NBA League Pass where you can actually get in stadium footage during halftime? I could not be less interested in hearing studio people preview Chiefs/Patriots, and we're trying to make a side bet on whether Sean Payton let's Teddy Bridgewater or a random backup D lineman go out & dance to Choppa Style. I'm regrettably on the 1/10 side against it happening, but if it does give me Saints -16.5 in the second half.
Old 01-20-2019, 03:11 PM   #1264
cuervo72
Head Coach

Can someone shut that damned whistle up??
Old 01-20-2019, 03:43 PM   #1265
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post

I'm in a loud restaurant and can't hear sh**. Sounds like I'm not missing much. My brother tells me Joe Buck is being particularly annoying too.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 03:45 PM   #1266
bhlloy
Coordinator

Feels like the Saints should be out of sight by now.

I still don't really understand why teams get caught out by fake punts in those situations - it was pretty clear the game was getting away from the Rams. I'd love to see the numbers on whether setting up for a punt return is even worth it in terms of net yards.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 03:52 PM   #1267
bhlloy
Coordinator

DOLA - is it legal for the coaching staff to be making noise with the whistles? That feels like something that if it's not actually illegal is outside the spirit of the rules.
Old 01-20-2019, 04:26 PM   #1268
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post

This. Went to headphones and listening to youtube while watching. Kept waiting to see the ref coming in to end the play for some reason.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 05:00 PM   #1269
bhlloy
Coordinator

NFL refereeing continues to plumb new depths. You could have picked three absolutely obvious penalties on that play.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:00 PM   #1270
Galaril
Pro Starter

Wow the refs in this NFC game are shit. Second obvious PI call they missed
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 05:00 PM   #1271
kingfc22
Head Coach

These officials lack an understanding of letting them play vs. blowing calls.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:02 PM   #1272
bhlloy
Coordinator

They fired a ref earlier in the season for missing a false start. That referee should be banned from refereeing anything above pee-wee.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:03 PM   #1273
AlexB
Pro Starter

Yeah, that was horrendous
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 05:03 PM   #1274
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

That's got to be one of the worst cases of PI that I've ever seen been missed.

I guess it's offset somewhat by the missed facemask on Goff down by the goal line on the last series, which would have given the Rams a new set of downs to score. While I thought it was a fairly clear facemask, it was nowhere near as bad as that PI.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 05:04 PM   #1275
Galaril
Pro Starter

Wow if the Rams win this ....Lmao the NFL the team gets into the super bowl with all these missed calls yikes.

Last edited by Galaril : 01-20-2019 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:07 PM   #1276
bhlloy
Coordinator

Why take a TO there? That's nonsense, there's 15 seconds on the clock to get back in FG range and you have Brees. Icing the kicker is dodgy science at best.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:13 PM   #1277
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Even as a Rams fan, that non-PI was BS. I'll take that it was likely short of first down and same result (FG) but that was a really bad non-call.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:14 PM   #1278
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Even as a Rams fan, that non-PI was BS. I'll take that it was likely short of first down and same result (FG) but that was a really bad non-call.

PI is an automatic first down...
Old 01-20-2019, 05:15 PM   #1279
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
PI is an automatic first down...

Oh damn you're right. That call.is terrible then

Old 01-20-2019, 05:16 PM   #1280
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

That makes it stupid. Why not turn around and knock the ball down?

Last edited by Chief Rum : 01-20-2019 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:25 PM   #1281
Galaril
Pro Starter

Sorry for the Saints/Drew Bree's and congrats to the refs....um I mean Rams;-)

Last edited by Galaril : 01-20-2019 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:25 PM   #1282
PilotMan
Head Coach

57? Looked like it would have been good from 65 easy, maybe 70.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 05:25 PM   #1283
sabotai
General Manager

On one hand, it's terrible that an obvious DPI goes missed, and most likely cost the Saints the game.

On the other hand, I'm happy that whoever was blowing the fucking whistle during most of the game is now sad.

Last edited by sabotai : 01-20-2019 at 05:26 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 05:29 PM   #1284
Thomkal
Head Coach

wow I'm not sure I've ever seen such a clear PI not called. Saints should be furious. That 57 yard kick to end the game though-wow it would have been good from 60 I think.

Congrats to the Rams, sorry to the Saints
Old 01-20-2019, 05:30 PM   #1285
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Maybe the Saints fans should have signed the petition as well...

Rams Fans Petition for Ref Change

In all seriousness, the complexion of the game also changes if that obvious face-mask is called at the goal line. There were a lot of missed calls both ways. The two most glaring just happened to be those two PI calls.

Last edited by Carman Bulldog : 01-20-2019 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:34 PM   #1286
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Congrats Rams fan.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 05:35 PM   #1287
PilotMan
Head Coach

Boooooooooooo NE.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 05:37 PM   #1288
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure what to say. I acknowledge and am irritated that that PI call happened.

But when that ball sailed through the goal posts, I was so deliriously happy. This team left this frickin' city and I swore off of them. They came back and so did I.

I wasn't old enough to appreciate 1980. As a fan, this is incredible.

But I feel terrible for the Saints and their fans. I like the Saints and Brees and that PI was messed up.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 01-20-2019 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:39 PM   #1289
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Bucc was a Rams fan I think. If so, I'm sorry he missed this.

Old 01-20-2019, 05:48 PM   #1290
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

That missed PI call also gets Payton off the hook for the play-calling at the end there. If they run on 1st down, they could have forced the Rams to use their timeouts and then get the ball with about a minute left and no timeouts. If the Saints run the ball three straight times after the Ginn catch, I'm fairly confident that they win the game.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:55 PM   #1291
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
That missed PI call also gets Payton off the hook for the play-calling at the end there. If they run on 1st down, they could have forced the Rams to use their timeouts and then get the ball with about a minute left and no timeouts. If the Saints run the ball three straight times after the Ginn catch, I'm fairly confident that they win the game.

Yeah, that plus using the TO and having Kamara run the ball out of the end zone were really bad decisions in the last 2 mins. It actually would have been a lot less than a minute left and no TOs - probably more like 30 or 40 seconds. The throw on first down made zero sense.
Old 01-20-2019, 06:01 PM   #1292
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Bucc was a Rams fan I think. If so, I'm sorry he missed this.

Yes.

Patriots too.
Old 01-20-2019, 06:02 PM   #1293
JPhillips
General Manager

Fucking Patriots are going to win another Super Bowl.
Old 01-20-2019, 06:08 PM   #1294
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post

Plus they had the ball first in OT. Terrible non-call but far from the reason they lost
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 06:16 PM   #1295
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Rams fan since 1969 and loving this. Was it a bad call? Sure, but there were a lot of others too. I could go back and say the game should be in LA except the Rams got screwed in the first game when they tried a fake FG, made the 1st down, but both the live refs and replay got it wrong. Today Woods took a helmet to helmet shot on a reception on the sidelines, no call. And of course Goff and the no call on the face mask already mentioned.

This stuff happens and it's only a "game changer" because of when it happened. Sucks for the Saints, great for the Rams. Nothing new happening here.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 06:42 PM   #1296
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Sorry for the Saints/Drew Bree's and congrats to the refs....um I mean Rams;-)

Uh, had the refs not screwed the Rams the first time they played on the call, then on the review, this game would have likely been played in LA.

EDIT: LOL, just saw Sweed’s post.

Last edited by Warhammer : 01-20-2019 at 06:43 PM.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 06:58 PM   #1297
Thomkal
Head Coach

That was a pretty horrible first half from the Chiefs.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:00 PM   #1298
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Plus I’ll echo ChiefRum, I feel bad for Brees, but I love the fact that smug ass Sean Payton lost.

Also, another thought on the no call, the Saints had a 13 point lead at home, and never shut the door on the Rams. There are plenty of reasons why the Saints lost besides the no call.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 08:06 PM   #1299
kingfc22
Head Coach

Don’t think he touched it. Also don’t think you can say there is concrete evidence to overturn the call.

Time to put sensors into the ball. Lol.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:10 PM   #1300
Butter
Coordinator

I hate the Pats but I also think it didn't touch him.