Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
Grover
Pro Starter

FM13: Johann Kafka - Quest for Greatness

We will be chronicling the tests and trials of German Sunday League Player Johann Kafka. It is June 2012 and the 35-year-old Kafka is unemployed and looking to test his hand at management, believing he has a keen eye and mind for tactics, player management and player acquisition. Kafka has acquired all necessary licenses and badges to become a manager and has set off into Europe, scouring the continent for a job. Kafka's dream is to manage a club into the Champions League, as well as to win a top flight league championship.

Can he start from the bottom and work his way up?

Time and results will tell.

The following countries are available to be played in game:

Belgium, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine

03 June 2012
Applications Received

I have applied to a number of clubs, though I understand I will be rejected by most, if not all of them. Some are certainly well above my coaching merits, but I feel I need to get my name out there into the public. Even if they reject me without an interview, my name will be in the back of their minds in the future. I'm hoping to latch on with a smaller club somewhere on the continent and make a statement with my tactics and football mind. I want to turn the heads of the directors and board room leaders of the top clubs in Europe.

But one step at a time.

Clubs applied to: Blackburn Rovers, Bournemouth, AFC Wimbledon, Wycombe Wanderers, Santa Clara, Krympteplytsa, Bleid-Molenbeek, and Havant & Waterlooville.

04 June 2012
Job Accepted!

Great news! I've received three jobs offers, but obviously I can only take one. I've rejected an offer from Santa Clara in Portugal's second division. I feel like that may be too tall of a task for me to handle right now. I've also rejected an offer from Belgian side Bleid-Monbeek, as it was a non-contract offer. I need to make some money!

I've accepted the position of manager with Ukrainian First League side Krymteplytsya Molodizhne. Say that five times fast! The UFL is Ukraine's second tier and I'm happy to take the challenge.

President and Staff Meetings
I received a personal message from club president Olexandr Vasyljev, welcoming me to KT Sport Arena and assuring me that I can rely on the full backing of the club's board. I've been given a deal running until June 2014 worth £29,000 per year. I can choose to terminate staff or keep them on board.

Krymteplytsya Moldizhne: A Background
Founded in 1999, Krymteplytsya Molodizhne are a professional Ukraine club currently playing in the Ukrainian First League. The club play their home games at KT Sport Arena and possess good training facilities and very basic youth facilities. The club also has average junior coaching and a fairly basic youth recruitment network.

In 2002 the club won the Ukrainian fourth tier and in 2005 won the third tier.

Staff Cuts
Well, I've had a look at the staff and I've decided to cut some of the fat to prepare to bring in my own coaches. Assistant manager Olexandr Martyuk is the first out, along with Mykola Fedorko and Chief Scout Sergiy Karpov.

First Look: Squad
According to the recently ousted assistant manager, we're quite strong at GK, MC, ML, MR and forward. We absolutely need a pair of fullbacks and a second center-back.

05 June 2012
First Friendly

We had our first friendly against Spartak Moldizhne, a bit of light affair and we came through 9-0 with seven different goalscorers. Not bad, considering I don't have any tactics set up for the team yet.

Staff In
I have signed Victor Leonenko and Gela Shekiladze as scouts and Vitaliy Khmelnytskyi as assistant manager. All of these names are very difficult for me to pronounce right now.

19 June 2012
First Signing In

After a slow couple of weeks, I have signed 17-year-old Rostyslav Mykhaylyuk to a contract. He needs to develop a bit, but could find time on the bench as a substitute. Not much to look at now, but the new scouts really liked him, so I'll throw out a flyer on him.

21 June 2012
Friendly

We failed to take our chances well today, drawing 1-1 away to Bastion Illichivsk. We're starting to adapt to a classic 5-3-2 formation and there will be some growing pains moving toward the season.

24 June 2012
Defensive Reinforcement

I have signed 30-year-old central defender Eugene Lozinskyi to a deal. He'll help provide depth in the center of defense as I'll need five solid players in the position to rotate and keep fresh.

30 June 2012
Friendly

We lost to Russian Premier League squad Kuban Krasnodar 3-2. A good effort in a match we were expected to lose. We're getting better all the time.

First Team
Here's a look at the first team depth chart through the eyes of my assistant manager.

Tactics
Here's a look at our main tactical set that we'll be starting out with. Whether or not we'll be successful, time will tell.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner

Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
Grover
Pro Starter

July 2012

07 July 2012
Friendly

In our final friendly before the league kicks off we faced Spartak Molodizhne again. It was a fairly straightforward 3-0 victory.

09 July 2012
Injury News

Bad news to report, just five days before we start the UFL season. Wing back Volodymyr Romanenko has suffered a back strain while lifting weights in training. He's expected to miss up to five weeks with the injury.

This puts some pretty undue stress on the club, Romanenko was going to be a vital cog as a wing back.

13 July 2012
Odesa After Bidlovskyi

Odesa manager Andriy Parkhomenko is interested in winger Volodymyr Bidlovskyi. I've told him that I'll only sell for the right price. I'll let him go as he's in an unneeded position, but I want some value for the player.

14 July 2012
Ukrainian First League Match Day #1
It's Three Points for Kafka's Debut
Krymteplytsya 2 – 1 Stal Alchevsk
Goals:
Krymteplystya: Svyrydov (pen 47), Zubko (76), Stal: Kozak (68)
Shots/On Target: Krymteplystya 24/13, Stal 7/2
Possession: Stal 51/49
Player Average: Krymteplystya 7.06, Stal 6.66
Man of the Match: Platon Svyrydov (Krymteplystya)
Attendance: 1,606

Form: Bazilevych 6.7, Lozinskyi 7.0, Mykhaylyuk 6.9, Lutsenko 6.8, Symonchuk 7.0, Bidlovskyi 6.9, Novotryasov 7.1, Tsoy 6.8, Svyrydov 8.5, Zubko 7.3, Tymchenko 6.9

Kafka's Notes
Symonchuk will start at WBR for Romanenko. We've had a good amount of possession in the final third, but the players are failing to step up and take a shot on goal. We finally break through on a dubious penalty awarded to Svyrydov who converts easily. However, Stal hit us back on a nice through ball. But it was Svyrydov there for us again with a slick through ball and Zubko finishing strong to give us all three points. A win in my debut is thrilling, I'm so happy for the players and myself!

15 July 2012
Season Ticket Sales

The ticket office has informed me that we sold 685 season tickets for the campaign. We had 1,600 at our first game, hopefully more will continue to come in if we keep playing well!

18 July 2012
Ukrainian Cup Draw

We will travel to face Yednist Plysky in the first round of the Ukrainian Cup. The match will be played on August 1st. Yednist gets home advantage in the match because they are the lower division team. That is a nice twist.

Ukrainian First League Match Day #2
Zeynalov Stars as Kafka's Boys Win Another
Mykolaiv 0 – 2 Krymteplystya
Goals:
Krymteplystya: Palagnyuk (57), Zeynalov (84)
Shots/On Target: Mykolaiv 6/2, Krymteplystya 12/3
Possession: Krymtepslystya 55/45
Player Average: Mykolaiv 6.51, Krymteplystya 7.30
Man of the Match: Ruslan Zeynalov 8.3
Attendance: 5,415

Form: Bazileyvch 6.8, Lozinskyi 8.2, Mykhaylyuk 7.4, Karamushka 7.2, Symonchuk 6.9, Bidlovskyi 6.8, Zeynalov 8.3, Ablyametov 7.0, Svyrydov 7.8, Zubko (off 45) 6.1, Palagnyuk 7.6, Tymchenko (on 45) 6.7

Kafka's Notes
Mykolaiv came out in a 4-5-1 with five flat across midfield. We brought on Tymchenko for Zubko at the half. Igor was really struggling to make an impact. A quarter of the way into the second half, Zeynalov slid a ball through the defense for Palagnyuk who finished easily. That goal felt really good, the team had earned it. The build up to the second goal was terrific and ended with Zeynalov on the right side roofing the ball past their keeper.

21 July 2012
Ukrainian First League Match Day #3
Three on the Trot for Krymteplytsya
Krymteplytsya 1 – 0 Zirka
Goals:
Krymteplytsya: Zubko (4)
Shots/On Target: Krymteplystya 15/2, Zirka 5/0
Possession: 50/50
Cautions: Krymteplytsya: Lutsenko (Y 81) Zirka: Pinchuk (Y 21)
Player Average: Krymteplytsya 6.94, Zirka 6.71
Man of the Match: Igor Lutsenko 7.8
Attendance: 1,622

Form: Bazilevych 6.8, Lozinskyi 6.8, Dytyatev 7.0, Karamushka 7.1, Lutsenko 7.8, Symonchuk 6.9, Novotryasov (off 82) 6.2, Tsoy 7.0, Svyrydov (off 45) 6.9, Zubko 7.2, Palagnyuk (off 82) 6.8, Zeynalov (on 45) 6.6, Memeshev (on 82), Tymchenko (on 82)

Kafka's Notes
Unbelievable first goal. Twenty-six consecutive passes in the build up and Zubko skirting behind the defence to send it home. Absolutely sublime football. With the halftime lead, I decided to take out Svyrydov, who was exhausted, putting in Zeynalov.

28 July 2012
Ukrainian First League Match Day #4
Kafka's Boys Continue to Win
(18) Odesa 0 – 4 Krymteplytsya (3)
Goals:
Krymteplytsya: Karamushka (3), Palagnyuk (10), Zubko (26, 90)
Shots/On Target: Odesa 9/3, Krymteplytsya 21/11
Possession: Odesa 58/42
Cautions: Odesa: Boyko (Y 30)
Player Average: Odesa 6.32, Krymteplytsya 7.80
Man of the Match: Vasyl Palagnyuk 9.1
Attendance: 747

Form: Bazilevych 7.0, Lozinskyi 8.4, Lutsenko 8.1, Karamushka (off 70) 8.0, Symonchuk 7.0, Bidlovskyi 6.9, Novotryasov (off 70) 7.3, Tsoy 7.3, Svyrydov 8.4, Zubko 8.8, Palagnyuk 9.1, Dytyatev (on 70) 6.9, Zeynalov (on 70) 6.9

Kafka's Notes
Karamushka made it an easy 1-0 lead for us, blasting home from a corner. Palagnyuk made it 2-0 quickly, breaking free of the defense and finishing neatly. The rout was on when Zubko made it 3-0 on another clean finish in the box.

The second half things leveled out a bit, or we got placid, perhaps a bit of both. Zubko secured a brace with a last minute goal, but the scoreline was never in doubt. Fantastic away win for us.

Bazilevych has not allowed a goal in 292 minutes.

Oleg Karamushka was injured in the win, the reason for his substitution. He suffered a pulled hamstring and could miss up to five weeks with the injury. This hurts us in defense, but we'll soldier on. We've got some solid quality amassed at center-back.

Ukrainian First League Table

Old 11-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #3
Grover
Pro Starter

August 1-15, 2012

01 August 2012
Training Report

Volodymyr Bidlovskyi, Redvan Memeshev and Vitaliy Khmenlyntskyi have been impressive in training lately. Bidlovskyi has done well to adapt to playing at left wing back instead of an advanced attacking position.

Board Confidence
The board is satisfied with my coaching of the team. This has been underlined by the fans' joy at the 4-0 win over Odesa. Those were good times. The club recorded a loss of £100,000 last month. The financial outlook for the club is looking relatively stable for the foreseeable future.

Ukrainian Cup (First Round)
Kafka's Boys Advance
Yednist Lysky 2 – 4 Krymteplystya
Goals:
Yednist: Salaridze (13), Serdyuk (82) Krymteplystya: Zubko (16, 34), Dytyatev (57), Palagnyuk (75)
Shots/On Target: Yednist 12/3, Krymteplystya 20/9
Possession: Yednist 51/39
Cautions: Yednist: Sobotyuk (Y 85)
Player Average: Yednist 6.37, Krymteplystya 7.44
Man of the Match: Igor Zubko 8.8
Attendance: 626

Form: Bazilevych 6.8, Mykhaylyuk 6.9, Lozinskyi 6.9, Dytyatev 7.6, Symonchuk 8.3, Bidlovskyi 7.3, Novotryasov 6.9, Svyrydov 7.2, Zeynalov 7.9, Zubko 8.8, Palagnyuk 7.5

Kafka's Notes
Zubko had an absolutely brilliant first half, his second goal in particular. He slid behind both central defenders and received a through ball, slotting past the keeper nicely. He assisted on the third goal, his free kick into the box headed in by Dytyatev's first goal for the club. Palagnyuk made a beautiful mazy run for the fourth goal.

Despite the fantastic performance, Zubko picked up a bruised rib and is expected to miss up to 10 days.

02 August 2012
Ukrainian Cup News

We will host UPL side Zorya Lugansk in the Ukrainian Cup second round. The match will be played on 26 September, 2012.

04 August 2012
Ukrainian First League Match Day #5
Krymteplytsya Break Late And Cruise
(1) Krymteplytsya 2 – 0 Sumy (12)
Goals:
Krymteplytsya: Lozinskyi (75), Palagnyuk (84)
Shots/On Target: Krymteplystya 20/9, Sumy 9/2
Possession: Krymteplytsya 51/49
Cautions: Krymteplytsya: Dytyatev (Y 1), Tymchenko (Y 38), Ablyametov (Y 64), Tsoy (Y 85) Sumy: Prytulyak (Y 83)
Player Average: Krymteplytsya 7.19, Sumy 6.71
Man of the Match: Eugene Lozinskyi 8.3
Attendance: 1,736

Form: Bazilevych 6.8, Mykhaylyuk 6.9, Lozinskyi 8.3, Dytyatev 7.5, Lutsenko 7.0, Symonchuk (off 62) 6.7, Tsoy 6.9, Ablyametov 7.1, Svyrydov (off 45) 6.8, Palagnyuk 8.2, Tymchenko 6.9, Bidlovskyi (on 62) 7.0, Memeshev (on 45) 6.9

Kafka's Notes
I was completely worried that the first goal would never come, but Lozinskyi scored off a mishandled corner by the keeper. Palagnyuk then headed home from a cross that was near the halfway line. Great long ball onto the head. From there it was never any doubt, five on the trot in the league and six overall.

05 August 2012
Club Set Records

Apparently, I'm already setting club records! Six wins in a row and six games unbeaten. Let's keep the good times going!

06 August 2012
Romanenko Back

Volodymyr Romanenko has returned to full training following his back strain.

08 August 2012
Ukrainian First League Match Day #6
Bright Naftovyk Upend Krymteplytsya
(6) Naftovyk-Ukrnafta 3 – 2 Krymteplytsya (1)
Goals:
Naftovyk: Kostyshyn (pen 45+3), Pavelko (54, 79) Krymteplytsya: Palagnyuk (18, 58)
Shots/On Target: Naftovyk: 11/8, Krymteplytsya 8/6
Possession: Naftovyk 60/40
Cautions: Naftovyk: Zaychuk (Y 7), Kremenchutskyi (Y 41), Tarasenko (Y 75), Syrota (Y 81) Krymteplytsya: Romanenko (Y 6), Symonchuk (Y 68), Tsoy (Y 75)
Player Average: Naftovyk 7.06, Krymteplytsya 6.78
Man of the Match: Vasyl Palagnyuk 8.8
Attendance: 864

Form: Bazilevych 6.3, Lutsenko 6.7, Lozinskyi 6.7, Mykhaylyuk 5.7, Symonchuk 6.7, Romanenko (inj, off 52) 6.7, Zeynalov 6.9, Svyrydov (off 52) 6.4, Novotryasov 6.8, Palagnyuk 8.8, Tymchenko 6.9, Bidlovskyi (on 62), Memeshev (on 52, inj, off 62), Tsoy (on 62) 6.7

Kafka's Notes
We took about 15 minutes to get a foothold in the match and once we did, we quickly made it pay off. However, deep into stoppage time we conceded a penalty to leave us level moving into the second half. A fluke free kick we should have saved gave the hosts the lead early into the second half as we failed to string together good passes in the final third. Palagnyuk was on the spot on a loose ball in the box, charging in ahead of the Naftovyk defenders to level the match. A great second goal from Pavelko gave the hosts the win.

First loss hurts. We never made it into our match, struggling to possess and impose ourselves on their defense. We got muddled up in the passing game with a lack of decisiveness and that really hurt us moving forward.

Romanenko, making his first start after returning from injury is set to miss two months with strained knee ligaments.

11 August 2012
Ukrainian First League Match Day #7
Early Penalty Moves Gelios Into First
(1) Krymteplytsya 0 – 1 Gelios (2)
Goals:
Gelios: Lysytsyn (pen 5)
Shots/On Target: Krymteplytsya 12/2, Gelios 12/4
Possession: Gelios 58/42
Cautions: Krymteplytsya: Zeynalov (Y 22), Bidlovskyi (Y 30) Gelios: Khromykh (Y 66), Dvydov (Y 75)
Player Average: Krymteplytsya 6.47, Gelios 6.96
Man of the Match: Eugene Lysytsyn 7.6
Attendance: 1,620

Form: Bazilevych 6.5, Dytyatev 6.5, Lozinskyi 6.9, Lutsenko 5.3, Symonchuk 6.7, Bidlovskyi 7.0, Zeynalov 6.8, Ablyametov 6.7, Svyrydov 6.1, Palagnyuk 5.9, Tymchenko 6.8

Kafka's Notes
A recent continuing problem, Lutsenko concedes a penalty and we're down 1-0 five minutes in. Completely embarrassing result today. I have nothing to add, it was just ugly football.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #4
Grover
Pro Starter

August 16-31, 2012

18 August 2012
Ukrainian First League Match Day #8
Kafka's Boys Back to Winning Ways
(5) Arsenal Bila Tserkva 0 – 1 Krymteplytsya (2)
Goals:
Krymteplytsya: Palagnyuk (27)
Shots/On Taget: ABT 23/5, Krymteplytsya 5/4
Possession: ABT 59/41
Cautions: ABT: Dyachuk-Stavitskyi (Y 21), Zhula (Y 89)
Player Average: ABT 6.84, Krymteplytsya 7.10
Man of the Match: Eugene Lozinskyi 7.9
Attendance: 2,980

Form: Bazilevych 7.3, Lozinskyi 7.9, Ablyametov 7.3, Lutsenko 7.0, Symonchuk 7.2, Bidlovskyi 7.2, Zeynalov 6.9, Tsoy 6.9, Svyrydov (off 70) 6.8, Zubko (off, inj 33) 6.9, Palagnyuk 7.5, Novotryasov (on 70) 6.8, Tymchenko (on 33) 6.5

Kafka's Notes
We're looking sharp in our away whites for the first time this season. Who else but Vasyl Palagnyuk to score first. Zubko was injured (again) on 33 minutes and was replaced by Tymchenko. Palagnyuk hit the crossbar with a 25 yard free kick early in the second half. We were definitely outplayed and were lucky to come away with the narrow victory.

Zubko appears to be fine for the long term, with no note from the physio. However, Tymchenko picked up a bruised rib after a robust challenge and will miss up to 10 days.

22 August 2012
Karamushka Back

Oleg Karamushka has returned to training after missing four weeks following a pulled hamstring.

25 August 2012
Ukrainian First League Match Day #9
Zubko Earns the Points
(2) Krymteplytsya 2 – 1 Dynamo-2 Kyiv (13)
Goals:
Krymteplytsya: Zubko (11, 33) Dynamo-2: Suarez (58)
Shots/On Target: Krymteplytsya 14/5, Dynamo-2 18/5
Possession: Dynamo-2 53%
Cautions: Krymteplytsya: Zubko (Y 23), Svyrydov (Y 86), Dynamo-2: Rybalka (Y 45+1)
Player Average: Krymteplytsya 7.18, Dynamo-2 6.75
Man of the Match: Igor Zubko 8.8
Attendance: 1,564

Form: Bazilevych 6.9, Lozinskyi 7.4, Dytyatev 7.2, Lutsenko 7.0, Symonchuk 6.8, Bidlovskyi 7.1, Zeynalov 6.8, Tsoy (inj, off 25) 6.9, Svyrydov 6.8, Zubko 8.8, Palagnyuk 7.6, Novotryasov (on 25) 6.7

Kafka's Notes
Brilliant opener. Zubko crossed to the far left, made the run into the box. It was looped back in for him and headed home. His second came as Palagnyuk got to the touch-line and crossed in across the ground, enough for him to tap in. Dyanmo-2 had a lot of good possession around the box. We had a couple of strong saves, but eventually one was out of reach.

28 August 2012
Ukrainian First League Match Day #10
Kafka's Boys Win Emphatically.
(7) Avangard Kramatorsk 1 – 4 Krymteplytsya (2)
Goals:
Avangard: Malysh (50) Krymteplytsya: Palagnyik (32), Zubko (37), Karamushka (45+1), Zymonchuk (48)
Shots/On Target: Avangard 21/7, Krymteplytsya 11/8
Possession: Avangard 59/41
Player Average: Avangard 6.44, Krymteplytsya 7.51
Man of the Match: Volodymyr Symonchuk 8.2
Attendance: 2,360

Form: Bazilevych 6.8, Lozinskyi 8.0, Ablyametov 7.5, Karamushka (off 71) 8.1, Symonchuk 8.2, Bidlovskyi (off 71) 6.9, Zeynalov 6.9, Tsoy 7.4, Svyrydov (off 71) 7.8, Zubko 7.7, Palagnyuk 8., Memeshev (on 71) 6.7, Novotryasov (on 71) 6.7, Lutsenko (on 71) 6.5

Kafka's Notes
Ilyuk for Avangard fouled the keeper and had a goal taken away. Palagnyuk struck after pouncing on a loose ball in the box and firing home. Zubko made it two when Palagnyuk sent a ball through the defense and Zubko slid the ball past the keeper. Karamushka made it three when he headed in a corner at the near post.

Symonchuk opened his account early in the second half, getting on the end of Tsoy's pass and firing in. The hosts showed some fight with Malysh getting hold of a free kick and rocketing in.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #5
Grover
Pro Starter

01 September 2012
Training Report

I've been told that among the senior players Volodymyr Bidlovskyi (fitness), Artur Novotryasov (fitness) and Olexiy Dytyatev (tactics) have impressed in training, while Sergiy Tsoy (fitness) has failed to impress.

Board Confidence
The board has reported that they're pleased with my leading of the club. The capture of central defender Eugene Lozinskyi, who the fans believe to be an extremely good player (I do too), has been particularly pleasing for the board. However, the fans were disappointed (I was too) at the 1-0 loss to league leaders Gelios.

The club recorded a loss of £66,990 last month. The financial outlook for the club is looking relatively stable for the foreseeable future.

Ukrainian First League Match Day #11
Krymteplytsya Devastate Obolon on the Counter-Attack
(5) Obolon 0 – 5 Krymteplytsya (2)
Goals:
Krymteplytsya: Symonchuk (38), Bidlovskyi (43), Tymchenko (45, 80), Zubko (65)
Shots/On Target: Obolon 24/6, Krymteplytsya 9/6
Possession: Obolon 64/36
Cautions: Obolon: Lupashko (Y 3), Baranets (Y 24), Haruna (Y 90+1), Krymteplytsya: Novotrasov (Y 34), Memeshev (Y 63), Zubko (Y 69)
Player Average: Obolon 6.18, Krymteplytsya 8.37
Man of the Match: Igor Tymchenko 9.0
Attendance: 4,021

Form: Bazilevych 7.2, Lozinskyi 8.4, Karamushka 8.5, Dytyatev 8.2, Symonchuk 8.6, Bidlovskyi 8.5, Novotryasov 8.9, Tsoy 7.9, Memeshev 8.1, Zubko 8.8, Tymchenko 9.0

Kafka's Notes
Dynamite last ten minutes in the first half. We became an unstoppable attacking football team and Obolon were at the mercy of our wing backs and forwards. Beautiful football, urging them to keep it going through the second half. It continued and what a fantastic performance. Couldn't be happier with the club.

15 September 2012
Ukrainian First League Match Day #12
Kafka's Boys in Control Against Tytan
(1) Krymteplytsya 3 – 0 Tytan Armyansk (14)
Goals:
Krymteplytsya: Svyrydov (39), Zubko (52), Lutsenko (70)
Shots/On Target: Krymteplytsya 18/9, Tytan 14/2
Possession: Krymteplytsya 54/46
Player Average: Krymteplytsya 7.28, Tytan 6.54
Man of the Match: Platon Svyrydov 8.7
Attendance: 1,802

Form: Bazilevych 6.9, Lozinskyi 7.3, Dytyatev 7.2, Karamushka 7.1, Symonchuk (inj, off 60) 6.9, Bidlovskyi 6.9, Novotryasov 7.0, Tsoy 7.1, Svyrydov 8.7, Zubko 8.1, Palagnyuk 6.9, Lutsenko (on 60) 7.4

Kafka's Notes
Svyrydov gave us the lead on a nice free kick from the edge of the box. He kind of looped it in. Zubko added a second 52' in with a great blast. Symonchuk was injured on the hour mark and the wingback was replaced with Lutsenko.

I'm a bit nervous, even with the 2-0 lead, because Lutsenko has conceded a couple of penalties this year. Well, within ten minutes he was intercepting a goal in the opposition box and firing past the keeper. We are a well oiled machine.

22 September 2012
Ukrainian First League Match Day #13
Krymteplytsya Attack Too Much For Sevastopol
(8) Sevastopol 2 – 3 Krymteplytsya (1)
Goals:
Sevastopol: Karavaev (17), Kuznetsov (34) Krymteplytsya: Bidlovskyi (2), Zubko (45+1), Palagnyuk (55)
Shots/On Target: Sevastopol 22/6, Krymtemplytsya 14/8
Possession: Sevastopol 58/42
Cautions: Sevastopol: Pukanych (Y 90+4)
Player Average: Sevastopol 6.90, Krymteplytsya 7.15
Man of the Match: Platon Svyrydov 9.0
Attendance: 4,790

Form: Bazilevych 5.7, Dytyatev 6.8, Lozinskyi 6.9, Karamuska 7.0, Symonchuk 6.8, Bidlovskyi 7.6, Novotryasov 7.5, Tsoy 6.9, Svyrydov 9.0, Zubko 7.2, Palagnyuk 7.4

Kafka's Notes
I'm rather pleased we never received any offers for Bidlovskyi. He has impressed while adapting to a new role. A great sequence of passing led to our opener, but it was a short-lived lead. Karavaev pounced on a loose ball in the box to tie the game and then Kuznetsov capitalized on a terrible misjudgment by Bazilevych who came way, way out to punch and whiffed. However, Zubko got free in the box in stoppage time and leveled affairs.

Palagnyuk scores the go-ahead goal 10 minutes into the second half, breaking free from both central defenders and receiving a long pass through. Neat finish, it was the goal that won us all three points.

25 September 2012
Ukrainian Cup (Second Round)
Zorya Do Just Enough
Krymteplytsya 0 – 1 Zorya
Goals:
Zorya: Chaykovskyi (95)
Shots/On Target: Krymteplytsya 18/4, Zorya 12/5
Possession: Zorya 56/44
Player Average: Krymteplytsya: 6.86, Zorya: 7.22
Man of the Match: Igor Chaykovskyi 8.4
Attendance: 2,966

Form: Bazilevych 6.5, Dytyatev 7.0, Lozinskyi 7.6, Karamushka 7.8, Symonchuk (off 72) 6.7, Bidlovskyi 6.7, Novotryasov (off 72) 6.6, Tsoy 6.7, Svyrydov (off 72) 6.8, Zubko 6.6, Tymchenko 6.8, Memeshev (on 72) 6.5, Zeynalov (on 72) 6.5, Lutsenko (on 72) 6.7

Kafka's Notes
Our first match against a Premier League squad. We're the home side due to being in a lower division. We struggled a bit with possession and getting shots off, but we made it into the half level at 0-0. I asked the lads to keep it up.

The second half was a completely drab affair (not a single highlight in game). I made three substitutions with about 20 minutes to go to get some fresh legs on. After 90 minutes it was still deadlocked with no goals and we headed into extra time.

Really unlucky to concede. A Zorya player tried to put a shot in, Bazilevych dove to stop it, but it hit one of our defenders and bounced free in the box. Chaykovskyi was the first to it and passed it into an open goal. So we bow out, through a disappointing performance. We should have done better. The one positive is now we can focus on the league.

26 September 2012
Romanenko Returns

Well, Volodymyr Romanenko has returned to full training after missing seven weeks with the injury. Hopefully he can last more than 45 minutes on the field the next time he plays.

29 September 2012
Ukrainian First League Match Day #14
Zubko Snatches Late Goal For Draw
(1) Krymteplytsya 1 – 1 Poltava (10)
Goals:
Krymteplytsya: Zubko (84) Poltava: Tkachenko (30)
Shots/On Target: Krymteplytsya 8/4, Poltava 14/2
Possession: Poltava 56/44
Cautions: Krymteplytsya: Lozinskyi (Y 42), Lutsenko (Y 90+1)
Player Average: Krymteplytsya 6.79, Poltava 6.90
Man of the Match: Anton Tkachenko 7.3
Attendance: 1,813

Form: Bazilevych 6.7, Dytyatev 6.9, Lozinskyi 6.6, Karamushka 6.7, Lutsenko 6.7, Symonchuk 6.8, Zyenalov 6.8, Ablyametov 6.8, Svyrydov 6.8, Zubko 7.2, Palagnyuk (inj, off 51) 6.6, Tymchenko (on 51) 6.8

Kafka's Notes
Lucky to get a point out of this one. We were pretty bad throughout, especially with possession. Very, very lucky. I was convinced this was a loss until Zubko slammed home the equalizer.