Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-29-2009, 11:56 AM   #1551
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
I scanned him before, his reveal was so ridiculous, even if i wasnt the seer it was obvious he was a wolf,

We all get that, but answer me this, what exactly did you gain by playing it the way you did?

Don't you think you are better off keeping quiet and trying for a few more scans? Jackal is going to eventually go down either way.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:58 AM   #1552
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
You guys should have known PB was the wolf after the seer and BG were dead, PB ALWAYS has a role, and wolf was the only one left.

Missed this the first time...

SHHHHHHHHHHHH!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:12 PM   #1553
J23
College Benchwarmer

Some interesting things if I'm reading Pass's spreadsheet correct...

Code:
Night 1: Clap scanned Chief Rum Chief Rum guarded Chief Rum Wolves tried to kill Chief Rum

Why was Chief Rum such a juicy target for everyone? PB picked him to kill night one if I remember right, but I'm not sure we had any kind of solid reasoning.

Code:
Night 2: clap scans Jackal (wolf), with me(wolf) as a backup?

Looks like Alan wasn't the only one with some ESP that game.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:17 PM   #1554
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Yeah, I thought everyone targeting Chief Rum on N1 was pretty funny. And I'm pretty sure clap made that scan choice because of Alan's thoughts.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:24 PM   #1555
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I would guess a lot of the CR stuff was because of our banter.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:27 PM   #1556
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Yeah, I thought everyone targeting Chief Rum on N1 was pretty funny. And I'm pretty sure clap made that scan choice because of Alan's thoughts.

I scanned CR becasue I never trust him

I scanned Jackyl becasue i never trust him

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:32 PM   #1557
Danny
Head Coach

And he didn't scan me because I was already dead.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:35 PM   #1558
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Why was Chief Rum such a juicy target for everyone? PB picked him to kill night one if I remember right, but I'm not sure we had any kind of solid reasoning.

Chief Rum guarded himself because that is widely accepted as the "optimal" bodyguard play on N1 - that role almost never has any information on anyone else at that point so if they think there is a remote chance they will be the wolf target then it is a good idea to stay hom.

The wolves probably wanted to kill Chief Rum because he has earned a reputation of being a good/analytical player. The wolves always have to try and decide "who will be guarded by the guard" when considering their kill, which can lead away from the highest profile players initially. So someone like Alan T (would have been a great kill for the wolves that night, huh?) or Lathum is probably a higher risk kill target even if it would be satisfying to have those players out of the game earlier. I would have Chief Rum in that same short list, but you have to pick someone ...

The other option that the wolves have is to take someone who is very unlikely to be guarded. That usually happens if they are "seer hunting" or just want to eliminate patterns of behavior while severely limiting the chance of being blocked by the bodyguard. The third thought in that vein is that sometimes the wolves will leave the "name/rep" players around to provide some level of protection for the "name/rep" wolves ... it is harder to isolate the "name/rep" wolf for mid-game votes if there are multiple villagers that are still around as well. And the wolves always have the advantage of being able to coordinate by PM, so they can usually take advantage of this.

Seer scanning Chief Rum - probably because Chief is a tougher player to get reads on because his hours in thread do not line up with many of the other players. Chief Rum is, by comparison to the majority here, a night owl. So if you have a good player that you do not have schedule overlap with, then it is a reasonable idea to scan him early just so you do not have to worry about him later.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:51 AM   #1559
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I can't, for the life of me, remember why CR. I think it must have to do with some of the discussion from page 6 but hell if I know. We got lucky though by him being the BG, meant we knew to hit him night 2 since he would definitely be unguarded (assuming he went conventional wisdom and guarded night 1).

As a wolf, I would never kill Lathum early in a game just because he draws so much attention and fire the longer he lives.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote