Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-29-2009, 09:56 PM   #1451
Schmidty
Coordinator

I am so sorry. I probably would have changed my vote. I didn't have a chance to check in until now. I know I mentioned that I'm on vacation, but like I told Abe, I struggled with signing up. Before today, it really didn't have an effect. Today, it did, and I ruined the game. I am sorry to everyone involved, especially hoops and Abe. I was never sure when I would be able to do anything. We went golfing, to the lake, rode horses, and then I cooked dinner on the grill. I had zero chance to check the board on my laptop, as it would have looked bad to my in-laws and other parts of my wife's family.

I feel very annoyed, because I cost us the game. I really am being honest - I think I need to take a break. Even though I was totally into this one, I should have known I couldn't commit 100% to every deadline.

I am literally sick to my stomach and am pretty much disgusted with my self for destroying the game on the last day. Congrats to the wolves - I really wish I hadn't handed you the victory.

Sorry hoops.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:56 PM   #1452
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sorry that I was a lousy seer village. I tried to play the same way that I normally do (or think I did at least) so the wolves wouldn't be on to me. The only thing that I was going to add were the random quotes (tokeep the RP element).

When I got slutted on day one I was afraid that I had somehow tipped my hand to the wolves so I think Iincresed my posting then. I also stopped doing the quotes at that time (thinking the wolves thought that I was trying to signal something with them).

I took a chance with the fake reveal first. I had hoped that the role was not in the game (I thought that role along with the backup seer and BG may make it a bit unbalanced so it was a calculated gamble that didn't pay off. Plus I figured if the wolves believed it there was no way they would risk a night kill on me.

Unfortunately the diseased was not only in the game but online at the time.

I'll be honest, I was so out of touch this game that I was way off in guessing who the wolves were so I don't know how much good I would have been had I stayed around (other than clearing villagers).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:59 PM   #1453
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Fair enough

After the results of that chapter, I did throw up in my mouth though.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:59 PM   #1454
hoopsguy
General Manager

EF, I would like to think that if you had not claimed my role I would have wanted to leave you alive one more day to see if there was a counter.

But the double-reveal inside of the last 75 minutes was pretty shady, even if it you had not claimed my role. I'm guessing that I still would have left you to hang on suspicions of being a desperate wolf. With you taking my role first I had no doubts that you were a wolf right up until reading the write-up.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:01 PM   #1455
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I am so sorry. I probably would have changed my vote. I didn't have a chance to check in until now. I know I mentioned that I'm on vacation, but like I told Abe, I struggled with signing up. Before today, it really didn't have an effect. Today, it did, and I ruined the game. I am sorry to everyone involved, especially hoops and Abe. I was never sure when I would be able to do anything. We went golfing, to the lake, rode horses, and then I cooked dinner on the grill. I had zero chance to check the board on my laptop, as it would have looked bad to my in-laws and other parts of my wife's family.

I feel very annoyed, because I cost us the game. I really am being honest - I think I need to take a break. Even though I was totally into this one, I should have known I couldn't commit 100% to every deadline.

I am literally sick to my stomach and am pretty much disgusted with my self for destroying the game on the last day. Congrats to the wolves - I really wish I hadn't handed you the victory.

Sorry hoops.

I am so fucking pissed right now. I can't believe that I wasted everyone's time and gave this away. I had planned on being around at deadline, and switching things around to at least nfg. I know it sounds like sour grapes, but it's true. I destroyed this game. I blew it. I won't even fully congratulate the wolves, because I didn't even factor in at the deadline. Sorry that sounds bad, but I am pissed. I can't imagine how pissed hoops is. I totally understand why the wolves didn't kill me - They knew my situation, and the fact that I was sort of on hoops and also on vacation so I might not have time to think fully.

Fuck, I'm angry.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:03 PM   #1456
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
EF, I would like to think that if you had not claimed my role I would have wanted to leave you alive one more day to see if there was a counter.

But the double-reveal inside of the last 75 minutes was pretty shady, even if it you had not claimed my role. I'm guessing that I still would have left you to hang on suspicions of being a desperate wolf. With you taking my role first I had no doubts that you were a wolf right up until reading the write-up.

I didn't want to just claim seer at that point as our backup was already gone and with the wolves having slut and kill abilities I figured that I would not e able to get a scan in once I revealed so I would be useless at that point.

If the junior sleuth had not been killed already I would have claimed seer first.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:09 PM   #1457
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I am so fucking pissed right now. I can't believe that I wasted everyone's time and gave this away. I had planned on being around at deadline, and switching things around to at least nfg. I know it sounds like sour grapes, but it's true. I destroyed this game. I blew it. I won't even fully congratulate the wolves, because I didn't even factor in at the deadline. Sorry that sounds bad, but I am pissed. I can't imagine how pissed hoops is. I totally understand why the wolves didn't kill me - They knew my situation, and the fact that I was sort of on hoops and also on vacation so I might not have time to think fully.

Fuck, I'm angry.

I didn't play, so I'm less biased and can say take it easy on yourself. This is definitely not the first game impacted by something like this at the end, I know one I played a little while ago someone didn't show up to vote or something and screwed us over too. It happens a lot. It's bad luck and sometimes shit happens. The village (and the wolves) have to make sure they don't get to the point where a last second switch is necessary to save the game.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:10 PM   #1458
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Schmidty, I missed two deadlines this game, both ended up being important (the EF lynch and this one) so it isn't just you.

We'll get back at it next game.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:10 PM   #1459
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Fuck, I'm angry.

Yep, I'm annoyed. But I think it is important to separate the game from the guy. I know that you did not want this to happen as a villager and that it sucks losing, period.

I've earned a reputation over the last 90 games around here, and I accept that. It works out in my favor some of the time, and not so well other times.

I just wish that you would quit making life so hard for me when I actually am a villager
Old 07-29-2009, 10:13 PM   #1460
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I just wish that you would quit making life so hard for me when I actually am a villager

WHAT! Finally, we're on the same team AND I'm cleared by the seer AND I'm the bodyguard and you still try to lynch me. Who makes life hard on somebody?!? Jerk.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:16 PM   #1461
henry296
College Starter

No problems Abe... it happens to everyone. I wonder if the a wolf was upset about the later deadline and took it out on me

My role would've been interesting and I probably would've used after the Hoops / Jag showdown to bring closure to that situation if I was still alive.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:45 PM   #1462
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I just winked at Schmidty in pms. Just so you know its out there.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:47 PM   #1463
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
No problems Abe... it happens to everyone. I wonder if the a wolf was upset about the later deadline and took it out on me

My role would've been interesting and I probably would've used after the Hoops / Jag showdown to bring closure to that situation if I was still alive.

What Hoops/JAG showdown? JAG had his runoff with The Jackal. I had my runoff with Passacaglia.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:49 PM   #1464
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
WHAT! Finally, we're on the same team AND I'm cleared by the seer AND I'm the bodyguard and you still try to lynch me. Who makes life hard on somebody?!? Jerk.

I really have no rebuttal to this.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:14 PM   #1465
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Sorry hoops.

It was a give and take...I ended up being very busy with friendship drama and the sort. Alot of things came up that made it impossible to follow as hard a I could. I wouldnt have switched when I did had I been able to be around at deadline. To tell the truth if I was able to be around at deadline I would have made sure I got lynched somehow...the wolves got lucky at a few parts but overall I was a non factor because I ended up being so busy, which is why I looked so suspicous to hoops, because I could not invest enough to come up with good arguments. Also, sorry Danny, I truly voted you out of RP and had to leave and couldnt save you.
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:17 PM   #1466
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Also, to the wolves, I am sorry I couldnt have contributed more. This really should have been done a day earlier but I wasnt involved much and messed that up.
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:47 PM   #1467
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dude you fooled hoopsguy into thinking you were a villager enough to keep him off your trail when you were the only uncleared vote on Danny from Day One for days. You're fine.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:14 AM   #1468
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yep, NFG did just fine this game from where I sat. Never at the top of my trust list but never at the bottom. Middle is a very good place to sit as a wolf.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:17 AM   #1469
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, you had me a bit with the "dude, the wolves are playing great" because I did not think that a wolf would have been pumping his own team up in that spot. I think that remark had as much to do with tempering my enthusiasm for looking hard at you as anything I commented on in the thread. So nice touch there
Old 07-30-2009, 12:17 AM   #1470
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
Wolves - so who would you have killed tonight to head into tomorrow if we had gotten MartinD?

From my point of view, there was no reason to believe that PB was lying in his role-reveal post, so I would have said that PB was the 'safe' choice (in that PB couldn't guard himself) - not sure how that would have played out in the next chapter, though...
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:25 AM   #1471
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I think the Blakekin played a really good game except for three things. nfg and Jackal really drew each other closely in the thread. The attack on ntndeacon i felt was poorly chosen. And today, no question they should have pushed to have had nfg lynched, Brutal PB, and win with the night kill. Other than that, a really good game from them, an a rather inept game from the village

This was certainly our easiest way of winning the game on the last day, but (from my point of view) the last day was the only time when being in such a different time zone hurt me - I didn't see how nfg and I could work things round to targetting him by the time I was able to post after getting home from work without making it really obvious, as I had three votes on me by that point, and (in my opinion) any move to shift attention to nfg would have made it fairly obvious that I was a wolf.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:41 AM   #1472
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I think it's possible maybe the "old guard" mode is to take out the cleared, but I've seen less of that in games lately, so maybe some of the newer players are taking a new tactic, and it works since it goes against the expected grain.

There was definitely a bit of 'don't do what a wolf would be expected to do' in the suggestions I was making to my fellow wolves...
Old 07-30-2009, 12:57 AM   #1473
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinD View Post
There was definitely a bit of 'don't do what a wolf would be expected to do' in the suggestions I was making to my fellow wolves...

I like throwing villagers curveballs. The more situations you can get people to think are happening, the more confusion that's generated, and confusion is generally good for wolves.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:33 AM   #1474
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I like throwing villagers curveballs. The more situations you can get people to think are happening, the more confusion that's generated, and confusion is generally good for wolves.

I think this is sometimes true, but largely depends on the players in the game I think.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:45 AM   #1475
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I think this is sometimes true, but largely depends on the players in the game I think.

Definitely. Always have to know who you're trying to trick.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:42 AM   #1476
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
After an ending like this, where people can't be bothered to show up for the deadline, I wonder why I put in the amount of effort I did trying to win this game.

Very, very frustrating.

What was so important about deadline? Do you really think that would have changed anything?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:52 AM   #1477
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Fuck, I'm angry.

Ah, here we go. No offense, but this does not sound like the best strategy for you to try given your style of play, especially if you're on vacation. I'm one of the most frequent vote-switchers around here, but I don't try any funny business if there's a chance I won't be on at deadline (which is pretty often, unless the deadline is during the work day). That said, what I was trying to get at with my last post is that I don't think being around at deadline is a big deal to play the game in itself.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:56 AM   #1478
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post

im surprised that no one brought that up..... especially as hoops was railroading me! (I still think hes a wolf!)

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:51 AM   #1479
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Keeping hoopsguy alive until the very end is a double edged sword. He can figure out who the wolves are with alarm. On teh other hand, people start thinking he's the puppet master.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:10 AM   #1480
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
What was so important about deadline? Do you really think that would have changed anything?

Are you serious? If Schmidty is around and sees that he is in a tie and has a vote on someone who won't get lynched?

He changes to MartinD, no wolves are around either, and we lynch a wolf 3-2. Then we are headed into the final day.

Yeah, I would say that it changes things in a very, very substantial way.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:28 AM   #1481
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Are you serious? If Schmidty is around and sees that he is in a tie and has a vote on someone who won't get lynched?

He changes to MartinD, no wolves are around either, and we lynch a wolf 3-2. Then we are headed into the final day.

Yeah, I would say that it changes things in a very, very substantial way.

Yes. I didn't realize that Schmidty was one involved in the tie, but I still don't think it's his responsibility to be on at deadline.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:03 AM   #1482
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Why did you guys kill me?

It looked like people were going to start doubting my story very soon.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:31 AM   #1483
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Ring?
Old 07-30-2009, 11:34 AM   #1484
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

probaly cuz killing you is fun!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-30-2009, 06:06 PM   #1485
The Jackal
Coordinator

way to kill the thread, clap
Old 07-30-2009, 06:07 PM   #1486
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

I don't exactly remember the thinking process. People may have started to doubt you but you were somewhat trusted and maybe we thought you were roled. Martin, nfg, care to answer?
Old 07-30-2009, 06:53 PM   #1487
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
way to kill the thread, clap
i try my best!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-30-2009, 08:11 PM   #1488
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
What Hoops/JAG showdown? JAG had his runoff with The Jackal. I had my runoff with Passacaglia.

Sorry, going by memory and got them mixed up.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:30 PM   #1489
hoopsguy
General Manager

But still wondering what one you were thinking of settling - if I was going to be on the business end of your resolution.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:59 PM   #1490
henry296
College Starter

The runoff between you and pass was probably too early to use that power.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:19 AM   #1491
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
I don't exactly remember the thinking process. People may have started to doubt you but you were somewhat trusted and maybe we thought you were roled. Martin, nfg, care to answer?

I think that there was a fair bit of 'we don't want Lathum on the other side' in the thinking, and it was early enough in the game to think that it was unlikely that the bodyguard would be looking that way.

Hoops would probably have been a target later in the game, but he had given out enough hints to make us think that he was the Diseased, and every night-kill was important by that point. (There was also a decent chance that he'd end up on the wrong side of one of lynch votes... )
Old 08-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #1492
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Riiiiiiing!
Old 08-03-2009, 08:45 PM   #1493
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Is it too late to come in and vote hoops?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #1494
hoopsguy
General Manager

Why should you be different than anyone else who played?