Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-21-2009, 09:13 PM   #401
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Fresh off your success yesterday, you throw yourself with abandon into today’s vote. You already got one! Now you have a chance to get another and put Blake McKenzie and his possessed really on the ropes!

You had hoped that there was just one, but last night’s murder confirms the presence of another. Now your task is laid before you. With zeal you attack the day’s task. Votes are flying and accusations made. After a frenzy of votes are cast and counted, you find that you have….

Well, you didn’t expect this. Two of your number, Bret O’Connell and Sasha Patel, are tied with 7 votes a piece. Each person has a large segment of your group hollering for their burning in the furnace. Each looks noticeably frightened. Sasha is babbling while Bret is white.

What do you do?

“Maybe we should throw them both in!” someone shouts. Yes, maybe…

“No, that’s not what we agreed on,” a rules lawyer speaks up. “We agreed that whoever had the most votes would get voted out. Since no one has the most, neither should get voted out.”

“Okay math boy, but technically, they BOTH have the most votes.”

Accusations fly back and forth. Who will win? Will it be both burned, or neither?

In the end, someone suggests a compromise. “You know, we could just flip a coin.”

Silence.

“Hey, that might work.” “Why not?” “Well, I’m in if you’re in”

Someone pulls a 1989 quarter out of their pocket. It bears the P mark of the Philadelphia mint. This quarter will determine the life of someone. You wonder if the smelters and minters who made it realized what it would do, 20 years later.

Sides are determined:

Heads is Sasha Patel
Tails is Bret O’Connell

The quarter is flipped. It goes up and up, and comes down on the floor, rolling around a bit before finally landing. What side is facing up?

Its…

Heads.

Sasha Patel faints when she sees the quarter. Tossing her in is easy. The smell no longer bothers you.

You race for her locker and break open the door to find…

Looks like she was a fan of Encyclopedia Brown. She has a few books on detective work, but she’s barely touched them.

Sasha Patel (Passacaglia) was the Jr. Sleuth and a High Schooler.

Chapter 3 has ended. Chapter 4 has begun and ends at 1:30 am EST

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:17 PM   #402
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Well that junior sucks. I figured he would have at least revealed when he was in trouble of being lynched.

It gives us something to go on for day one though.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:21 PM   #403
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I am thinking that hoops is good since we had little late action to try to save him. We have some votes to look into now, at least.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:23 PM   #404
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Someone, who doesn;t even have a role, sent me a pm with a game question about the interaction between several roles. Folks, if you have game questions that are not about your specific role, please post them.

I will answer the question here, because I do not believe this info is hidden. This post simply discusses the interactions between three role,s and it does not mean any of these roles are actually in the game:

Slut vs Guard:

Scenario 1 - The Guard guards another person. That person is slutted. What happens? The slut is stopped and guarded. The guard stops all Blakekin actions.

Scenario 2 - The guard guard another person. The guard is slutted. The guard doesnot guard, and is instead enslutted.

Scenario 3 - The guard guards themself, and the slut targets them. Result? No guard. The slut hits first. The slut stops it from ever occuring at all.

Slut vs Mischief Maker:

Scenario 1 - The Mischief Maker sends actions from player A to player B. Player A is enslutted. Instead, the slut bounces to player B.

Scenario 2 - Same as above, but MM is slutted. the bounce is stopped.

Scenario 3 - Same as above, but the MM is Player A. The slut targets player A. The Slut stops to the bounce from occurring, since it stops an action ebfore it begins (see Scenario 3 above for another example).

Old 07-21-2009, 09:27 PM   #405
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Did I accidentally ignore everyone in the thread or is it EXTREMELY quiet in here for having a result posted?
Old 07-21-2009, 09:29 PM   #406
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

G'night all. I have just confused myself more than ever looking at the votes (especially since Danny's role could lead to several vote possibilities).
Old 07-21-2009, 09:33 PM   #407
The Jackal
Coordinator

Just got back from seeing Moon, definitely recommend it for anyone that likes science fiction and/or Sam Rockwell. Clint Mansell did the score which I didn't know until I got there, so that was an added bonus.

As for the lynch - ouch. At least we don't lose info by losing the jr sleuth, right? Just puts more pressure/hope into the real sleuth.

I didn't think Pass was bad and I'm really not sure why the run on hoops started in the first place - it was Pass who voted him first right? So I'm certainly not anticipating that hoops is a necessary lynch target at all.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:46 PM   #408
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Sweet double play ball in the top of the 9th. Fortunate as hell but it will definitely make Sportscenter. Lidge with the heal kick to Rollins to start it.

Jayson werth ftw?
Old 07-21-2009, 09:47 PM   #409
The Jackal
Coordinator

What is the big difference between day 1 and 2, lathum? Both in general and specifically in this game. It's not like we have any new info.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:54 PM   #410
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
What is the big difference between day 1 and 2, lathum? Both in general and specifically in this game. It's not like we have any new info.

IMO there is a big difference. What if the tie breaker was no lynch, then we are set back on day 1. At least day 2 we have some history to go on.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:56 PM   #411
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Ring. Ring. Ring.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:56 PM   #412
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, at this point I would expect that either Lathum or I pick up a scan coming out of this. Either one is fine by me. I'm also doubting neither one of us is the night kill, which is especially fine by me if Lathum is a villager.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:58 PM   #413
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
IMO there is a big difference. What if the tie breaker was no lynch, then we are set back on day 1. At least day 2 we have some history to go on.

So you were willing to risk a no lynch today to find out the tie mechanic? I mean obviously that seems to be the case, but just looking for clarification. Wasn't expecting that after your vehement opposal to ties.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:00 PM   #414
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
So you were willing to risk a no lynch today to find out the tie mechanic? I mean obviously that seems to be the case, but just looking for clarification. Wasn't expecting that after your vehement opposal to ties.

show me my "vehement opposal"
Old 07-21-2009, 10:00 PM   #415
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Well, at this point I would expect that either Lathum or I pick up a scan coming out of this. Either one is fine by me. I'm also doubting neither one of us is the night kill, which is especially fine by me if Lathum is a villager.

I think I would be a horrible scan candidate at this stage
Old 07-21-2009, 10:01 PM   #416
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
show me my "vehement opposal"

Not in this game, I'm remembering from past games. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember you almost always very opposed to ties. I'm too tired/lazy to go digging through past games to find posts and I'm not really trying to build a case against you here, was just probing for clarification.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:02 PM   #417
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think a tie on day 1 or any no lynch on day 1 is a horrible outcome.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:04 PM   #418
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

That sucks. I was thinking Pass was the phoenix. Night all.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:04 PM   #419
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lathum, I'll ask for some clarification on your logic tomorrow morning.

I should have a LOT more time to contribute to the thread tomorrow. Being dungeon master has taken a ton of work over the early part of this week, but I am planning on putting the dice aside and picking up where our "junior sleuth" left off in terms of deductive reasoning.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:05 PM   #420
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I think a tie on day 1 or any no lynch on day 1 is a horrible outcome.

I think we've discussed this at length before. I remember before I started playing here no lynch was a very viable and almost automatic option on day 1 in most games I'd played in. Seemed to be a percentages game where it was likelier you'd lynch a villager on day 1, but then again the vote analysis in those games was nowhere near as comprehensive as these, and there were usually less players involved.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:05 PM   #421
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Lathum, I'll ask for some clarification on your logic tomorrow morning.

I should have a LOT more time to contribute to the thread tomorrow. Being dungeon master has taken a ton of work over the early part of this week, but I am planning on putting the dice aside and picking up where our "junior sleuth" left off in terms of deductive reasoning.

That third dungeon you worked up in the Ak'tar desert was killer, man.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:24 PM   #422
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not in this game, I'm remembering from past games. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember you almost always very opposed to ties. I'm too tired/lazy to go digging through past games to find posts and I'm not really trying to build a case against you here, was just probing for clarification.

Please do not bring in posts from other games into my game. That is all

Old 07-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #423
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Please do not bring in posts from other games into my game. That is all

I wasn't planning on doing it, but noted anyways.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:28 PM   #424
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry to see that result.

Watchmen Director's Cut was really good. Anyway, sorry I wasn't around as much tonight, should be good until tomorrow evening's football game (i.e.- softball in real life).
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:33 PM   #425
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Fine, kill me. We won pub trivia tonight, so it's all good!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:35 PM   #426
TheNorm
Mascot

Dammit, I screwed up--I was on to vote but also had some people over and forgot to place my vote in. If you're gonna ask, it was either Pass or hoops since it seemed like that's where the vote was going--and I don't have much of a read on anyone else. Sorry--I'll be around more tomorrow.
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:36 PM   #427
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Fine, kill me. We won pub trivia tonight, so it's all good!

ohh, do you have a fake ID?

Can I have it now that you are dead?
Old 07-22-2009, 12:11 AM   #428
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Well Im sad we lost someone that could have been so important. I really cant read anything from voting records...it seems that D1 the Blakekins could have hid in the wolf side because Danny wasnt full blakekin. Today, I dont know, there wasnt much switching...making me feel like both were likely good.
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:36 AM   #429
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The sky is lit by a passing comet, name unknown. As you drift off to slumber in your bed you find a cold chill rush down your spine and you jolt awake.

What was that?

The night beats softly against your window, your body, your soul. You are too cold to sweat. An unnatural, unholy cold, one that you will never forget but always want to - the cold that will haunt your dreams and taunt your memories.

You walk out of your bedroom and out of your house. You don;t even bother to put on regular clothes, you are beyond that. Something has happened. Could this be guilt over killing an innocent peer? No, this is something more. Something...deeper.

You alight to the school, and to the room that has become a temple most holy and foul. It is the tool of your destruction; it is the instrument of your deliverance.

You arrive together, almost as one. Unified by your strife, with a unity that goes beyond mere concern of class or status, you arrive.

You each stand by the door to the chamber of fire and death. Slowly, one of you pushes it open and goes in.

You find the bones of one of your number. Who was it that died this night?

You take a quick census.

Spike Nelson (path) has been killed tonight. She was the Mischief Maker, and was on the side of the High Schoolers.

Chapter 4 has ended. Chapter 5 has begun and ends at 10:00 pm EST

Old 07-22-2009, 01:01 AM   #430
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, so I'm coming at this knowing that I'm not a Blakekin. For others, the validity of that assumption may vary.

That makes the Day 2 vote pretty uninteresting. The Day 1 vote comes down to whether the Blakekin would try to save one of their own in a run-off against a villager when they can't communicate with their ally and their ally is inadvertently working against them.

My gut on that is that they won't make any late moves at all to help Danny, knowing how that would look. Outside chance that they would make a bold play against him to gain trust; depends on the makeup of the wolves, probably.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:28 AM   #431
hoopsguy
General Manager

Vote movement on Day 1:
Day 1
107 JAG votes Jets (1-0
108 Pass votes MartinD (1-1)
111 Clap votes Pass (1-1-1)
121 Jets votes JAG (1-1-1-1)
122 Hoops votes Pass (2-1-1-1 Pass leads Jets/MartinD/JAG)
134 Lathum votes JAG (2-2-1-1 Pass/JAG over Jets/MartinD)
135 PB votes EF (2-2-1-1-1 Pass/JAG over Jets/MartinD/EF)
138 Pass unvotes MartinD, votes Lathum (2-2-1-1-1 Pass/JAG over Jets/EF/Lathum)
159 NTN votes Lerriuqs (2-2-1-1-1-1 Pass/JAG over Jets/EF/Lathum/Lerriuqs)
161 Jackal votes Lerriuqs (2-2-2-1-1-1 Pass/JAG/Lerri over Jets/EF/Lathum)
171 nfg22 votes Danny (2-2-2-1-1-1-1 Pass/JAG/Lerri over Jets/EF/Lathum/Danny)
172 Path votes Danny (2-2-2-2-1-1-1 Pass/JAG/Lerri/Danny over Jets/EF/Lathum)
194 PB unvotes EF, votes Danny (3-2-2-2-1-1 Danny over Pass/JAG/Lerri over Jets/Lathum)
202 EF votes Pass (3-3-2-2-1-1 Danny/Pass over JAG/Lerri over Jets/Lathum)
214 JAG unvotes Jets, votes Lerri (3-3-3-2-1) Danny/Pass/Lerri over JAG over Lathum)
215 MartinD votes JAG (3-3-3-3-1) Danny/Pass/Lerri/JAG over Lathum)
217 Schmidty votes Jackal (3-3-3-3-1-1 Danny/Pass/Lerri/JAG over Lathum/Jackal)
221 Henry votes Danny (4-3-3-3-1-1 Danny over Pass/Lerri/JAG over Lathum/Jackal)
232 Lathum unvotes JAG, votes Pass (4-4-3-2-1-1 Danny/Pass over Lerri over JAG over Lathum/Jackal)
234 Norm votes Danny (5-4-3-2-1-1 Danny over Pass over Lerri over JAG over Lathum/Jackal)
235 JAG unvotes Lerri (5-4-2-2-1-1 Danny over Pass over JAG/Lerri over Lathum/Jackal)
238 Pass unvotes Lathum, votes Danny (6-4-2-2-1 Danny over Pass over JAG/Lerri over Jackal)
239 Jackal unvotes Lerri (6-4-2-1-1 Danny over Pass over JAG over Jackal/Lerri)
241 Jackal votes Pass (6-5-2-1-1 Danny over Pass over JAG over Jackal/Lerri)
243 JAG votes Pass (6-6-2-1-1 Danny/Pass over JAG over Jackal/Lerri)
248 Lathum unvotes Pass, votes Danny (7-5-2-1-1 Danny over Pass over JAG over Jackal/Lerri)
Old 07-22-2009, 01:30 AM   #432
hoopsguy
General Manager

My notes on vote movement:

1.) NFG moves towards trusted, no reason to introduce candidate #6 as their sleeper wolf

2.) EF, JAG, MartinD with early enough move to keep Danny from runaway (all put other candidates at 3) - shading towards distrust

3.) Lathum creates 4-4 tie on Danny w/vote moved to Pass 90 minutes before deadline, but this is kind of moot later on

4.) Jackal cuts margin to 6-5, allowing Danny to potentially tie it up - again, moving towards distrust if they feel like they can either create a tie or have Danny break the tie on his behalf

5.) JAG ties it again, 2nd time that he has helped Danny with vote on the die (14 minutes before deadline) - just how far would wolves go to help their own in this spot? Not 100% sure how to interpret, but helping same guy twice on Day 1 is certainly start of a pattern.

6.) Lathum makes move 3 minutes before deadline, puts Danny on the block (2 vote lead) - probably a good guy in this spot.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:31 AM   #433
hoopsguy
General Manager

And since there are no west coasters to chat with, I'll go polish the figurines. Or something like that ...
Old 07-22-2009, 06:11 AM   #434
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Since #432 probably paints me in the worst light, I feel compelled to point out the reasons for my vote / unovtes. The first time I had a vote on Jets when it seemed no one was going to join in (it was 3-3-2-2-1-1 at the time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
[ooc]I don't want to have a single meaningless vote out there and I'm not wild about voting Pass or Danny, so let's bump someone who is not me to three.[/ooc]

UNVOTE Jetsin06
VOTE lerriuqs

The second go around, I was content to keep my vote on lerriuqs until I read henry's (confirmed villager) post 230:

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs
Just an FYI, I don't know if I'll be around at deadline tomorrow - if I don't vote tonight, I probably won't be voting on Day 1 - away from a computer all day tomorrow.
bump. We should not vote for lerriuqs.

I didn't want to vote off someone without good reason when they weren't able to defend or explain themselves, so I unvoted again and cast a lot with one of the two unknowns (or throw the vote away, which I didn't want to do).
Old 07-22-2009, 07:46 AM   #435
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

chhhh ahhhh chhhh ahhhh (Friday 13th sound)

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:52 AM   #436
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Damn, Spike...

And to think, I was coming in here today to break some bad news to her. I was enslutted last night.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:54 AM   #437
hoopsguy
General Manager

PB, if only you had known at the time that you were free to enjoy it
Old 07-22-2009, 08:04 AM   #438
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

What do we feel about these ensluttings? there are 2 possibilities;

1. Wolves trying tu buy trust, and lying about it

2. Wolves trying to stop people from maybe doing something

I personally would be lying about it if I were a wolf, simply because, we dont really know who has roles, and the trust can be important!

I would like to hear discussion on this (anything)

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:19 AM   #439
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm not putting any extra trust into someone who has ben slutted
Old 07-22-2009, 08:29 AM   #440
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lathum - did you have any reason to trust Pass more than me when you tied up the vote yesterday? Was your reaction driven by suspicion of me or a geniune interest in the tie, moreso than the consequences of lynching one player over another?
Old 07-22-2009, 08:30 AM   #441
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

One other thing that might be a point in my favor (I honestly don't know). Considering I had a relatively late tying vote two nights in a row, I would think I might have been a good candidate for a seer scan either last night or tonight.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:34 AM   #442
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Lathum - did you have any reason to trust Pass more than me when you tied up the vote yesterday? Was your reaction driven by suspicion of me or a geniune interest in the tie, moreso than the consequences of lynching one player over another?

genuine interest in a tie
Old 07-22-2009, 08:46 AM   #443
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

vote ntn

Throw away vote day one, no vote day two. It's not like he is helping the cause.

I want to vote Lathum but hopefully the seer has scanned him and that no votes in his direction yet is a good sign. Plus why kick him when he's down (10 straight!!!).
Old 07-22-2009, 08:51 AM   #444
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I want to vote Lathum but hopefully the seer has scanned him and that no votes in his direction yet is a good sign. Plus why kick him when he's down (10 straight!!!).

I don't get Lathum as a candidate personally.

To add to hoops' analysis on day 1 voting above:

1. If hoops is a wolf, his post naming Pass and myself as good potential targets as well as bumping Pass to 2 votes breaking a 4-way tie of 1 each could be an effort to deflect voting from MartinD and/or Jets.

2. With 4 candidates having 3 votes a piece, Schmidty throws a first vote on Jackal. It was mentioned yesterday, but I really can't comprehend that vote.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:06 AM   #445
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
2. With 4 candidates having 3 votes a piece, Schmidty throws a first vote on Jackal. It was mentioned yesterday, but I really can't comprehend that vote.

Schmidty was another option that I was thinking about.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:07 AM   #446
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
PB, if only you had known at the time that you were free to enjoy it

Nice, classic.

I'm leaning towards going back to one of the day 1 voters with my vote today. In fact, as a placeholder, I'll:

vote JAG

Something about the two votes that stayed away from Danny. I know he said, at one point, he wasn't wild about Pass or Danny but he ultimately chose one and it was Pass so I guess I'll shake the tree some.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:08 AM   #447
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

And, as I just saw above, Schmidty was another candidate I was considering and still may vote.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:10 AM   #448
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

To be fair to ntn, the D1 vote only turned into a throwaway late in the day when he likely wasn't online. As far as D2 with nary a post, I've got nothing.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:11 AM   #449
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Well, I'm gonna get an early vote in since the late ones haven't worked out too well.

VOTE SCHMIDTY
Old 07-22-2009, 09:31 AM   #450
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm looking at EF, for now, as I think he is in "throw a bunch of suspects out, see what sticks" mode.

VOTE EAGLEFAN