Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-17-2009, 03:04 PM   #351
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Post #300:

Mia Ow 0 --
No Lynch 4 -- Kwhit (103) MartinD (133) DaddyTorgo (182) PurdueBrad (185)
MartinD 9 -- Mia Ow (142) Schmidty (154) Telle (183) claphamsa (192) The Jackal (207) Lathum (262) Alan T (282) lerriuqs (285) Danny (293)
claphamsa 2 -- LoneStarGirl (156) Darth Vilus (159)
lerriuqs 3 -- Chief Rum (242) GoldenEagle (245) JAG (296)

Didn't vote: J23
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:05 PM   #352
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

LSG looks like our superstar, her average of 62 is at least 11 points higher than the 6 other player averages we've seen.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:28 PM   #353
The Jackal
Coordinator

Wow, lots of things happened while I was at lunch. Apparently I'm not a very good keeper, sorry KWhit.

And hell of a pickup, Alan - may I ask what about my posts struck you the wrong way? I'd like for you to take another look before you start offering me up as the best candidate or anything, though you were right on with Danny.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:34 PM   #354
Danny
Head Coach

Good job Alan!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #355
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
The match is a tough affair – the squad falls 0-1 early, but a late goal equalizes, and the match ends in a 1-1 draw. Man of the Match is Darth Vilus. The squad will feel they might have scored more goals, if not for J23, who would not recognize the great game by Darth, and took too many shots himself.

The skill levels, in descending order:

1. Darth Vilus, Striker, 94
2. Alan T, Center Back, 81
3. lerriuqs, Full Back, 65
4. Schmidty, Center Midfielder, 54
5. DaddyTorgo, Full Back, 52
6. JAG, Winger, 28
7. Mia Ow, Winger, 28
8. claphamsa, Winger, 24
9. Lathum, Center Back, 22
10. The Jackal, Goalkeeper, 15
11. J23, Striker, 14

Bench players:

1. LoneStarGirl, 62
2. PurdueBrad, 48
3. Chief Rum, 46
4. Telle, 45
5. GoldenEagle, 43

Total: 633
Result: Draw

Day 2 Begins!!!

What positions were the bench players played it?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:44 PM   #356
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
What positions were the bench players played it?

They're not really given positions. Their scoring is different.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #357
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

ok! so i didnt die! danny is ALWAYS a wolf!

and i suck at CM... told you im center back or goalie :P

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:56 PM   #358
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Two skillsets is hardly a worthy sample on which to base this conclusion, but my guess from comparing Danny's positional ratings with each other, and Martin's as well, that there is no corollation (or no clear corollation for sure) between skill level at similar positions.

For example, it would be reasonable to guess that centrebacks and fullbacks might have related skillsets, or wingers and strikers, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The only rough corollation that stood out to me--and I think it's coincidental--is that the GK and CB ratings for Danny and Martin were fairly close to one another (I mean, Danny's GK and CB ratings were fairly close; and Martin's GK and CB ratings were also fairly close to each other).

I was hoping we might see a connection that might aid KWhit in placing players in new positions, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:58 PM   #359
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

so now i can chat with schidty all i want? right?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-17-2009, 05:03 PM   #360
J23
College Benchwarmer

Checking in, sorry for the novote today. I wasn't able to get on at all from work. It shouldn't happen again (I hope).
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:05 PM   #361
J23
College Benchwarmer

Looks like a fantastic first day (even though I suck @ Striker). It figures since I played midfield and defense back in the day!

What's the feeling on the lynch v. no lynch at this point?
Old 09-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #362
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Looks like a fantastic first day (even though I suck @ Striker). It figures since I played midfield and defense back in the day!

no lynch is NEVER a valid option!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-17-2009, 05:10 PM   #363
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Yea, mate, nothing personal, but your no good at the football.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:11 PM   #364
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I was hoping we might see a connection that might aid KWhit in placing players in new positions, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I would assume that they're all random given what we've seen. I would have expected as much or I think it would have been too easy on the manager.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #365
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I would assume that they're all random given what we've seen. I would have expected as much or I think it would have been too easy on the manager.

I agree that it was presumeable to be random, but it's good to have evidence of it, so KWhit won't falsely take it into consideration with his next lineup.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:31 PM   #366
Schmidty
Coordinator

Busy day. Checking in and catching up right now.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #367
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Except you ended up being the least talented of the 5 bench players...

Who is running our scouting department around here?

Perhaps the bench score is related to defense, which I will admit that I can be poor at sometimes. I just have such an offensive and creative mind, that I sometimes forget to play the defense, yea?

I got me a pair of pink boots in for tomorrow's match. The gaffer has ensured me that I will be starting. You know if you break out the pink boots, your bad ass.

Also the match report does not say who scored the goal, only that it was a late equalizer. Late equalizers are my specialty. It perfectly presumable that I came off the bench as a substitute and scored the goal. I probably replaced the rubbish of a football player that is J23, yea?
Old 09-17-2009, 06:01 PM   #368
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Damn, nice pick up Alan!

I would have gotten ripped to shreds if I had done that.....

Anyway, nice gut move Alan!!!!!
Old 09-17-2009, 06:05 PM   #369
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I would have gotten ripped to shreds if I had done that.....

Anyway, nice gut move Alan!!!!!

well if you had done it then it would have been a bonehead move
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:09 PM   #370
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
well if you had done it then it would have been a bonehead move

Very true, very true.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #371
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
LSG looks like our superstar, her average of 62 is at least 11 points higher than the 6 other player averages we've seen.

Are we sure that bench score = average score ?

Another interesting discussion topic is who the wolves will kill? Do they try to take out our best players or do they do random kills hoping to get the body guard and the seer?

The body guard also has a difficult decision to make. Does he guard our best player and assume the wolves will go after him/her?

Obviously, if Darth is on the field, then we have almost 100 of 800 points needed for the win. But I don't think that should give him automatic protection. A wolf who has great soccer skills is seating in a pretty good position right now.

I was also a bit suspect when AlanT asked to play goalkeeper. This would allow him to have PM privileges with the manager. But obviously he is in the COT now, but I have to be cautious of any player who asks for PM privileges with the manager.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:37 PM   #372
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post

Another interesting discussion topic is who the wolves will kill? Do they try to take out our best players or do they do random kills hoping to get the body guard and the seer?

The body guard also has a difficult decision to make. Does he guard our best player and assume the wolves will go after him/her?

Obviously, if Darth is on the field, then we have almost 100 of 800 points needed for the win. But I don't think that should give him automatic protection. A wolf who has great soccer skills is seating in a pretty good position right now.

I was also a bit suspect when AlanT asked to play goalkeeper. This would allow him to have PM privileges with the manager. But obviously he is in the COT now, but I have to be cautious of any player who asks for PM privileges with the manager.

alan T along with Kwit are undeniably good.... why would you suspect anything?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-17-2009, 07:41 PM   #373
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
alan T along with Kwit are undeniably good.... why would you suspect anything?

My suspension was when Alan asked to be the goalkeeper. The benefit of that is that the GK is the only person who can PM with the manager. If that person is a wolf, he can influence the manager with a fake reveal.

Obviously, Alan is good but that it raised a warning flag when he asked to be the goalkeeper.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:43 PM   #374
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:

quoted for truth
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:44 PM   #375
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
My suspension was when Alan asked to be the goalkeeper. The benefit of that is that the GK is the only person who can PM with the manager. If that person is a wolf, he can influence the manager with a fake reveal.

Obviously, Alan is good but that it raised a warning flag when he asked to be the goalkeeper.
are you high?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-17-2009, 07:49 PM   #376
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

A lot has happened in the 12 hours since I have been online.

Alant, great job!

Kwhit - Damn you for not playing me!

GoldenEagle - HAHA my ranking was so much better than yours and football is your sport!

And I feel very confused about a lot of things in this game, particullarly based on Pass's evasiveness. There are a lot of bench players to pm, although I really dont see the benefit at this point, but I do find it amusing that both GE and I are on the bench. Pass do GE and I HAVE to talk about WW through pm's or can we have some pillow talk about WW?
Old 09-17-2009, 07:57 PM   #377
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I can see where you are coming from here. I originally had actually asked to be sat out (so I could have a chance to use my power), but after part of the day I had no one that I felt strong about using my power on so I asked to play goalkeep in order to let Kwhit know my role and ability to be able to use as he saw fit. He evidently either went with my original request or completely ignored the request (not sure which), but I guess it all worked out in the end!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:01 PM   #378
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

how did you pick danny? other than the fact that he has been a wolf in 60% of the games hes played?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-17-2009, 08:11 PM   #379
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
how did you pick danny? other than the fact that he has been a wolf in 60% of the games hes played?

The way he entered near the deadline and was talking rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't remember much of anything he said prior in the day and suddenly he appeared saying all kinds of stuff. That in itself is no big deal, could have just been a busy schedule but he seemed to be talking out of both sides of his mouth. He was arguing one way then acting a different way then throwing blame back the first way again. I guess his actions didn't match what he was saying to me and set off warning bells.

In the end, I likely just got lucky.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:14 PM   #380
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
The way he entered near the deadline and was talking rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't remember much of anything he said prior in the day and suddenly he appeared saying all kinds of stuff. That in itself is no big deal, could have just been a busy schedule but he seemed to be talking out of both sides of his mouth. He was arguing one way then acting a different way then throwing blame back the first way again. I guess his actions didn't match what he was saying to me and set off warning bells.

funny thing... you didnt rub me wrong so far... I was so sure you were a wolf!

im so good at this

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-17-2009, 08:49 PM   #381
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

It really was my schedule, I normally have a good amount of time to devote, but much less now and wasn't actually around until that 20 minutes or so before deadline, so I may have tried to squeeze too much into that short time period. I probably would have done the same as a villager, but either way it was a good read as slightly different from how I normally play, even if it is only because I can't be as active.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:32 PM   #382
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Darth Vilus= thread killer

and what is that supposed to mean?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:37 PM   #383
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
and what is that supposed to mean?

It's an FOFC inside joke.

The last person to post in a thread is the thread killer. No one posted for almost an hour after one of your afternoon posts today.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:11 AM   #384
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
It's an FOFC inside joke.

The last person to post in a thread is the thread killer. No one posted for almost an hour after one of your afternoon posts today.

Yeah, it's just an innocent FOFC inside joke. No biggie.

You'll catch on to the lingo eventually, Darthy McDarthalot!!!
Old 09-18-2009, 12:15 AM   #385
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Oh i see, makes sense

And EAT IT GOLDENEAGLE! 94 AT STRIKER HOMIE! wHO'S THE BEST PLAYER?

Getting serious for a moment, anyone think it's odd that GE would try to throw suspicion my way when I am a huge asset to winning games? First he says not to protect me than says that I might be a wolf. Looks like he's trying to kill me anyway he can. Very suspicious I must say. I mean no one can be that delusional, can they?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:54 AM   #386
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules
At the end of each day, a match report will be posted, showing how good each starter was at the position they played, and the average skill for the bench players.

Quote:

All things being equal (having no additional information and assuming our top players aren't wolves), I would think they would aim for our top players since we already have a team only 170 points from being a winning one, and that's with 5 positions yielding 20ish or fewer points. If we get 3 wins going forward, the game is over unless they're willing to stop killing villagers.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:20 AM   #387
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I figured with as many people were in the game this thread would be hopping at night, but sadly this is not so. This will be my only post before 2 pm deadline, and I HATE having to vote and run but I am going to throw my vote out for vote chief rum

Some of the things he said earlier raised the hair on the back of my neck. And if I had more than 5 minutes at the computer this morning I would rehash them all out, but unfortunately I have to leave for work now.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:28 AM   #388
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
They're not really given positions. Their scoring is different.

The lesson here being that PurdueBrad is not a very good bench player and therefore, belongs on the field!

Anyway, I'm fighting some sort of cold/flu thing so I'll be in and out of commission today but given that we have some good information of player skills, I will likely be more in favor of a lynch today than I was yesterday.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:49 AM   #389
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

crazyness. i'm around today, but work is pretty busy i think.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:56 AM   #390
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i wonder if GE is a wolf and all his talk about being the best has been a way to try to setup his defense rather than him being more in-charactery?

i don't necessarily have any opinion, just floating the thought.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:28 AM   #391
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

not very lively in here.....

do we have any votes yet? other than LSGs?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-18-2009, 08:31 AM   #392
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'd love to be more lively, but work is cuckoo
Old 09-18-2009, 09:17 AM   #393
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I figured with as many people were in the game this thread would be hopping at night, but sadly this is not so. This will be my only post before 2 pm deadline, and I HATE having to vote and run but I am going to throw my vote out for vote chief rum

Some of the things he said earlier raised the hair on the back of my neck. And if I had more than 5 minutes at the computer this morning I would rehash them all out, but unfortunately I have to leave for work now.

There's the best vote around.

"Here's my vote. I have my reasons but I'm too busy to say them right now. I won't be back before deadline."

Let me prepare a defense for that. Oh wait, I can't.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:45 AM   #394
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Two skillsets is hardly a worthy sample on which to base this conclusion, but my guess from comparing Danny's positional ratings with each other, and Martin's as well, that there is no corollation (or no clear corollation for sure) between skill level at similar positions.

For example, it would be reasonable to guess that centrebacks and fullbacks might have related skillsets, or wingers and strikers, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The only rough corollation that stood out to me--and I think it's coincidental--is that the GK and CB ratings for Danny and Martin were fairly close to one another (I mean, Danny's GK and CB ratings were fairly close; and Martin's GK and CB ratings were also fairly close to each other).

Yes, there is no corollation between skill level at similar positions. Each skill level is an independent random number, 1 to 100.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:49 AM   #395
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
A lot has happened in the 12 hours since I have been online.

Alant, great job!

Kwhit - Damn you for not playing me!

GoldenEagle - HAHA my ranking was so much better than yours and football is your sport!

And I feel very confused about a lot of things in this game, particullarly based on Pass's evasiveness. There are a lot of bench players to pm, although I really dont see the benefit at this point, but I do find it amusing that both GE and I are on the bench. Pass do GE and I HAVE to talk about WW through pm's or can we have some pillow talk about WW?

Like I said to Lathum, you don't have to use PMs, but if you use some other form of communication, please CC me the juicy details...I mean transcript.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:51 AM   #396
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

I'll count this, but in the future, please put your vote on its own line.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:54 AM   #397
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So coming off a tie yesterday and thanks to AlanT getting a wolf I am wondering if no lynch and going for a win is the way to go.

Thoughts?
Old 09-18-2009, 09:54 AM   #398
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Vote count:

Quote:
Chief Rum 1 -- LoneStarGirl (387)
Old 09-18-2009, 09:57 AM   #399
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Like I said to Lathum, you don't have to use PMs, but if you use some other form of communication, please CC me the juicy details...I mean transcript.
forum posts are the best!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-18-2009, 09:58 AM   #400
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So coming off a tie yesterday and thanks to AlanT getting a wolf I am wondering if no lynch and going for a win is the way to go.

Thoughts?
how does no lynch and going for the win correlate? we go for the win AND lynch!

GIT R DUN!!!