Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-28-2009, 10:59 PM   #1
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So BK

He was online 3 days ago, anyone know what hos deal is.

I am wondering if we need to start thinking about a new mod.

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:01 AM   #2
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

It's a tough question

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:05 AM   #3
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Is he still in Australia or has he returned?
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I saw that he was logged onto facebook once a few weeks ago, but I didn't bug him there, since I figured he was busy.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:22 AM   #5
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Is he still in Australia or has he returned?

As far as I know he is back, he should be since school started over a month ago.

His last post was on 8/17, six weeks ago.

Now I am not trying to start a coup, he may just be taking a break, but his absence is very abrupt. I don't see him on AIM anymore and it is very unlike him to not give us a heads up.

I think we do a pretty good job of policing ourselves, I just think we may want to start considering a replacement, or a temporary replacement in the event of his return.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:30 AM   #6
hoopsguy
General Manager

I agree with Lathum on this. We really should have a moderator that is an active participant and FOFC and, specifically, the WW forum. BK has not been for almost two months now. There are a number of us who spoke with him from time to time in the past, but it sounds like he pretty universally unavailable now.

I hope that everything is well with him, as I'm sure the rest of us do. But we should have a moderator that is in position to ... well, moderate our forum.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:34 AM   #7
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Just off the top of the list the most active people are

Lathum- I am not nominating myself based on some past indiscretions, but being in school full time with no job I certainly have extra time.

Hoops
Danny
Passacaglia
PB
Jackal
AlanT
Clap

I am probably forgetting other people.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:44 AM   #8
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, before we go too far down this path we should probably get some conversation going with the existing group of FOFC mods. Maybe one of them might take over as the WW mod, or they would have some ideas of their own on how this should be handled.

If they just want us to appoint someone and they'll delegate power over this sub-forum then we could return to some kind of polling.

Again, my first hope is that BK makes his way back here with both availability and interest in moderating our forum. I felt that he had done a nice job with it during his time with the position. But it seems like that ship has sailed, so doing some contingency planning makes sense.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:44 AM   #9
Lorena
Unregistered

I looked at the poll we the first time around to get some ideas - Pick the Mod - Now With More Poll - Front Office Football Central
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:48 AM   #10
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Well, before we go too far down this path we should probably get some conversation going with the existing group of FOFC mods. Maybe one of them might take over as the WW mod, or they would have some ideas of their own on how this should be handled.

Is this a serious post?

Why would we want that? None of them know anything about this portion of the forum except for maybe Jeebs or Ant.

I think we are way better of self governing as long as SD/ Ryan have no issues with us making the change.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:49 AM   #11
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorena View Post
I looked at the poll we the first time around to get some ideas - Pick the Mod - Now With More Poll - Front Office Football Central

Not sure this is a great barometer. It is a 3 year old poll. Plus I got no votes, you can all piss off.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:58 AM   #12
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Has anyone tried sending an email to BK lately about WW? Or has it mostly been just watching for him on AIM or other places?

Maybe after his long trip and then the start of school, he just needed a break and will be fine in another month or two. He probably should have dropped a note or such, but I just think it would be better if someone had tried to contact him via email first.

Someone might already have, I just wanted to make sure because I like BK alot and didn't want this to be a blindside to him so to speak. I wouldn't rely on him checking PMs, or going off of his last on time, it might have been an intention to check in, but didn't get much past the logon screen.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:04 AM   #13
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Is this a serious post?

Why would we want that? None of them know anything about this portion of the forum except for maybe Jeebs or Ant.

I think we are way better of self governing as long as SD/ Ryan have no issues with us making the change.

I know it is not the point of your post, but Ant isn't a super moderator (Jeebs is). Ant is just an individual forum moderator like I am. (FORUM LEADERS)

I agree though that i doubt any of the FOFC super moderators would have interest in policing this forum, but I think if I understand where Hoops might be going with this, I don't think we want to throw out our demands and say, "We want so and so to be a new moderator." Probably more of a dialogue would be desired (which is what I think Lathum was getting at with his comment regarding if SD has no issues with making the change).

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:33 AM   #14
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Has anyone tried sending an email to BK lately about WW? Or has it mostly been just watching for him on AIM or other places?

Maybe after his long trip and then the start of school, he just needed a break and will be fine in another month or two. He probably should have dropped a note or such, but I just think it would be better if someone had tried to contact him via email first.

Someone might already have, I just wanted to make sure because I like BK alot and didn't want this to be a blindside to him so to speak. I wouldn't rely on him checking PMs, or going off of his last on time, it might have been an intention to check in, but didn't get much past the logon screen.
I have attempted to email him, saying are you ok... and got nothing.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:33 AM   #15
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Just off the top of the list the most active people are

Lathum- I am not nominating myself based on some past indiscretions, but being in school full time with no job I certainly have extra time.

Hoops
Danny
Passacaglia
PB
Jackal
AlanT
Clap

I am probably forgetting other people.

if you pick me, spelling will be banned

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-29-2009, 11:59 AM   #16
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
if you pick me, spelling will be banned

Don't worry, I put you in there as a courtesy. You need to learn HOW to play WW before you can be a moderator.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:00 PM   #17
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- I also think it may be a good idea having 2 mods, an east coaster and a west coaster.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:00 PM   #18
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- I left CR off my list because of his schedule
Old 09-29-2009, 12:03 PM   #19
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Don't worry, I put you in there as a courtesy. You need to learn HOW to play WW before you can be a moderator.

I just spit Dr. Pepper on my desk, thank you Lathum.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:09 PM   #20
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
:'(

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-29-2009, 04:32 PM   #21
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yeah, Alan had my intent correct - we ought to talk with the current mods before assuming that we can name our own as a replacement for BK. I'm not looking for someone who does not play WW to act as the moderator at all. But since the current mods would pretty much be able to veto our suggestion I think it might make sense to let them know where we are going, get them onboard with a change in moderation if that is where we are heading.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:21 PM   #22
Schmidty
Coordinator

I know everyone wants me as a mod, and I really appreciate the sentiment, but alas, I must decline.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:04 PM   #23
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I know everyone wants me as a mod, and I really appreciate the sentiment, but alas, I must decline.

You had my vote.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:39 PM   #24
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I hope that everything is okay with BK but to be honest it would have been nice if he had dropped a post here to at laeast say "sorry, can't be on for a while". He has been on a couple times since his absence and it would only take a minute to do that. Especially since everyone had already paused for a while to wait on the WW 100 game.

Not trying to hammer the guy, as I said I hope that everything is okay. Real life comes first over this place (but since he had taken the time to get on here a couple times a small post would have been nice, it wouldn't even have to tell us squat about why, just that he will or won't be online).

I vote for anyone except PB (I am afraid he would pass a rule that everyone must either vote for me or hoops on day one).

Seriously though, PB would be a fine pick as well.

My top choice would be Danny. He is very active and very level headed. I think he would make a fine mod, or temp mod.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:08 PM   #25
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

EF, I've missed you! And seriously, without you and Hoops in recent games, I have nobody to vote for on day 1.

If we do end up going forward, I like any of the guys on that list (and would include Lathum) as they are all good folks who have the best for WW at heart (just like BK).
Old 09-29-2009, 10:13 PM   #26
Schmidty
Coordinator

I think we need someone as level-headed and balanced as BK, so I think hoops and Danny are the best options. Also someone who has really been a staple and knows the history of the game.

No offense to everyone else of course.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:02 PM   #27
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Danny was actually the first person who came to mind for me.

I would be the first to admit I am not level headed enough. I would be great at the clerical side of it, but would also end up suspending myself.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:13 PM   #28
hoopsguy
General Manager

If Danny is interested, I think he would make a really good choice.

I'm going to try e-mailing BK again to see if there is any response on his part.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:25 PM   #29
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Danny was actually the first person who came to mind for me.

I would be the first to admit I am not level headed enough. I would be great at the clerical side of it, but would also end up suspending myself.

Anyone else picturing Lathum sitting at the computer arguing about the suspension with himself?
Old 09-30-2009, 02:15 AM   #30
Danny
Head Coach

Regarding a change in moderation. I agree with what has been said that ideally we would have communication with the global moderators to help make a change, if there is a one, as smooth as possible.

Regarding me potentially being the new moderator. I definitely appreciate the kind words and am open to doing so. I also think Hoopsguy and some others would be fine choices as well. Hopefully we can make some additional attempts to contact BK (although it seems like there have been quite a few) as with the exception of these last couple months, he has been an oustanding moderator.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:58 AM   #31
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Regarding a change in moderation. I agree with what has been said that ideally we would have communication with the global moderators to help make a change, if there is a one, as smooth as possible.

Regarding me potentially being the new moderator. I definitely appreciate the kind words and am open to doing so. I also think Hoopsguy and some others would be fine choices as well. Hopefully we can make some additional attempts to contact BK (although it seems like there have been quite a few) as with the exception of these last couple months, he has been an oustanding moderator.

I wouldn't even go as far as saying the last couple months, maybe just the last month. For the first part of that he was on vacation in Australia (I am assuming it was vacation, just saw that he was in Australia and assumed). Basically the exception would be about the last month or month and a half (not sure of when his return was).

Sorry, not trying to nitpick.

I'll also add that I still hope that all is well for BK, just hope he can drop us a quick post to say that he either can or can't continue as mod for a bit. He need not go into detail as that is entirely his choice.

On the personal level I am starting to get a bit concerned to be honest.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:43 PM   #32
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

hahahahaha

Old 10-01-2009, 04:50 PM   #33
The Jackal
Coordinator

Since Lathum threw my name out there I'd also like to support Danny. He'd be a good temporary or long-term replacement if BK doesn't want to/is unable to fulfill his responsibilities, and it sounds like Danny would be cool with it.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #34
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

well we have 5 days untill the next game starts so I figured I would revive this.

Do we want to move forward with this.

If so I think the first step would be to attempt to contact Ben or RyanS. Anyone who has been around OT knows I am probably not the ideal person for this task.

Maybe Hoops or EagleFan would be a better person to do this.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:01 PM   #35
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I have sent a PM looking to find out if a temporary replacement from within WW could be an acceptable solution.

Still no word from BK anywhere?

Getting more than a little conerned.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:26 PM   #36
Barkeep49
Coordinator

You all deserved better than I given as of late. I am glad to see there is a poll for a new moderator. Much less glad to see that people couldn't play nice there. This community is a great community and deserves a great mod. Clearly that isn't me right now. I always hated the I'm leaving here threads and vowed never to have one of those. Those are dumb. It wasn't my intention to leave here. Let me repeat that: it wasn't my intention to leave. It just happened one day at a time where I didn't visit FOFC. For that I'm sorry. I have been busy and the passion for the game hasn't been what it once was anyway and so when my 10 hour work days, work days where I don't even have a chance to check my work email let alone do web surfing, just wouldn't go away and I had to make choices about where to spend my very limited free time FOFC didn't make the cut. Which is too bad because FOFC is a pretty awesome place.

I would advise, however, that there be a term limit for moderator. Two years. Three years. A reasonable time and then give someone new the gig. I think the fresh blood is important not only for perspective, but also to keep their own ego in check.

I wrote up top I don't believe in going away threads and this isn't really a going away post. I hope that I might feel welcome to return here as a player and a GM sometime in the future.

But until then thanks. Thanks for your friendship. Thanks for the fun you have given me. Thanks.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:32 PM   #37
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Dola - Having now read (rather than skimmed) through this thread, I'm not sure where my forum activity came from but until today I haven't been on here since August.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 10-10-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:53 PM   #38
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Lova ya BK!

Old 10-10-2009, 04:19 PM   #39
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

glad to know you are OK, you will be welcomed back by me whenever you return.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:27 PM   #40
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

BK, glad to hear you're okay, please check in.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:29 PM   #41
hoopsguy
General Manager

BK, hope to catch up with you sometime outside of FOFC/WW when you have time (and interest).
Old 10-10-2009, 06:20 PM   #42
Danny
Head Coach

BK, first off, like some others, I was worried about you, so I am very happy to hear everything is alright with you BK. Regarding WW, I know I would welcome you back too whenever you would decide to come back. You have been a fantastic Mod and someone I very much enjoyed playing with.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:32 PM   #43
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Glad to hear that everything is okay BK. In my eyes you're welcome back whenever you want to join up with our ragtag bunch again.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:27 AM   #44
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Screw that guy, I don't want him back...

Yeah, right, like you guys thought I was serious.

Glad to see you here, BK, although I hope you're wrong and that you will be around and participating.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 05:15 PM   #45
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:41 PM   #46
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

glad to hear you're okay BK...take care of yourself and feel welcome to return whenever!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:29 PM   #47
Schmidty
Coordinator

Glad to see that you aren't dead, BK.

Now I just wish cronin would be so kind as to do the same thing.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:17 PM   #48
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Glad to see that you aren't dead, BK.

Now I just wish cronin would be so kind as to do the same thing.

Has anyone heard anything from cronin lately?
Old 10-11-2009, 10:21 PM   #49
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Has anyone heard anything from cronin lately?

I know he got married, and then someone talked to him since he last got on in January, but he still hasn't been back. Which sucks, because I really liked him and considered a friend.