Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-02-2009, 12:51 PM   #401
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Interesting theory, but it needs to be mentioned that I changed my vote right after clap revealed himself as the bodyguard. I was not down for lynching the potential body guard on day 1.

I am sure you are someone who might get some heat after we have this issue settles, but for now J23's vote is awful. He is basing his entire decision on you trying to save Clap who we really don't know is a wolf yet. If Jackal was the wolf, it changes the analysis. This issue needs to be settled and any vote not for either Clap/Jackyl is a bad vote.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:51 PM   #402
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
People commonly assume this is what wolves do, but for me I'd rather look at the votes that happened early on after the wolf had votes to help establish or prop up alternate candidates. Im not even going to bother until we know which is a wolf now and you do seem to be distracting from the real argument here which should only be about Jackyl and Clap. The rest should not be dealt with until we know which is a wolf.

I'm not trying to distact people from the Jackal/Clap arguement. I brought up fairly early on if it made more sense to ignore them and look at others. I was operating under the assumption that a wolf would have moved to protect one of their own in the end of day 1. Both Jackal and Clap were on the line there, so regardless of which is a wolf, the same people changed the outcome of the vote which moved it onto Pass.

If you disagree that a wolf was likely one of the people moving the vote at that time, then I guess I can see why you want to hold off discussion until after the lynch today.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:53 PM   #403
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I am sure you are someone who might get some heat after we have this issue settles, but for now J23's vote is awful. He is basing his entire decision on you trying to save Clap who we really don't know is a wolf yet. If Jackal was the wolf, it changes the analysis. This issue needs to be settled and any vote not for either Clap/Jackyl is a bad vote.

A vote on Clap just piles on to a person that will be lynched today barring a miracle, and I'm around to change it if something crazy happens. I don't believe that Jackal is a wolf, so I threw it on someone else that I think bears examination. A vote on anyone at this point really doesn't accomplish much, so I'm not sure why you would call it an awful vote.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:54 PM   #404
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'd say no chance they are both wolves as we would then just have a third reveal and know two out of three were wolves. Not smart at all for the wolves.

Right. I don't think it is likely, I am just stating that it is possible. If they accidentally kill the real bodyguard or we lynch him, then the wolves are stuck up a creek without a paddle. But if Jackal/clap/rest of wolves really thought it through, then it could be an amazing plan to win the game.

But as you and I both mentioned, there would be many risks involved in that strategy.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #405
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Both Jackal and Clap were on the line there, so regardless of which is a wolf, the same people changed the outcome of the vote which moved it onto Pass.

If you disagree that a wolf was likely one of the people moving the vote at that time, then I guess I can see why you want to hold off discussion until after the lynch today.

But actually the switch only makes sense if Clap was the wolf. Voters would not be motivated to save Clap (other than maybe looking good for future votes) and in fact probably would have been ok with having the BG go down. After we know which is a wolf then some analysis of the votes and who switched, etc.. will be more useful. Right now you are speculating on if scenario's which isn't great to do.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:58 PM   #406
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I am always one who is going to take heat because of the way I play at deadlines. I will change my vote right up to the last minute if I think it is for the greater good of the village.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:59 PM   #407
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Right. I don't think it is likely, I am just stating that it is possible. If they accidentally kill the real bodyguard or we lynch him, then the wolves are stuck up a creek without a paddle. But if Jackal/clap/rest of wolves really thought it through, then it could be an amazing plan to win the game.

But as you and I both mentioned, there would be many risks involved in that strategy.

Or if the the real BG (which they would be dumb not to do) just says I am the BG, lynch me first and then go catch two wolves. Again, assuming there is an actual BG in the game which I think we have to do, no chance they are both wolves.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:00 PM   #408
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
A vote on Clap just piles on to a person that will be lynched today barring a miracle, and I'm around to change it if something crazy happens. I don't believe that Jackal is a wolf, so I threw it on someone else that I think bears examination. A vote on anyone at this point really doesn't accomplish much, so I'm not sure why you would call it an awful vote.

I think what Danny is saying is that it an odd vote on a random person. You said yourself that you were not going to get any momentum, but it seems you are afraid to vote for clap. I guess the question is, why?
Old 10-02-2009, 01:01 PM   #409
Danny
Head Coach

One thing I do find kind of curious. If Clap is telling the truth and the wolves he was a revealed BG who would likely be protecting himself, why did they choose to kill Kwhit?
Old 10-02-2009, 01:01 PM   #410
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Also, has anyone else noticed that clap has not been around at all today? Hope everything is ok.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:05 PM   #411
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
One thing I do find kind of curious. If Clap is telling the truth and the wolves he was a revealed BG who would likely be protecting himself, why did they choose to kill Kwhit?

Especially when KWhit killed off Pass with his last vote that he moved off of Jackal.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:08 PM   #412
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I am reading some of Kwhit's posts and can't pickup any clues as to why the wolves would kill him. My only presumption is that they think he is good player and wanted to eliminate him.

The best possible result for the wolves is for the BG to say, no clap is lying, I am the body guard. This gets one of the key players out of the way. They know they sacrifice clap, but he is probably a player who will be under scrunity anyway.

The KWhit kill is random. Maybe they picked up on something.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:09 PM   #413
Danny
Head Coach

Since we are nearing the deadline I will say again that I think Darth is an excellent scan choice. He voted for Pass at a time when both Jackal and Clap were lynch candidates and his play has been much more reserved this game than his first two.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:10 PM   #414
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I think what Danny is saying is that it an odd vote on a random person. You said yourself that you were not going to get any momentum, but it seems you are afraid to vote for clap. I guess the question is, why?

It's not random. I already said I disagreed with your arguement for why Jackal would have revealed today, and your late vote on day1 to me was suspect. You moved off of Clap and onto Pass. The other save clap vote that isn't dead was Schmidty who unvoted Clap and onto Jackal. Since your vote moved onto a known good guy, it makes me lean towards you.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:11 PM   #415
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Since we are nearing the deadline I will say again that I think Darth is an excellent scan choice. He voted for Pass at a time when both Jackal and Clap were lynch candidates and his play has been much more reserved this game than his first two.

I agree Darth is a good scan choice. Other than his shopkeeper post, he's been exceedingly quiet compared to previous games that I've seen.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #416
Danny
Head Coach

I really don't want to get into this debate until after deadline, but the issue with GE is that by killing of Kwhit, they wolves had to know scrutiny would come to GE. Again, once this mess is cleared up, it's not the late switchers I would likely focus my attention on. The other wolves likely had their votes for Pass / the non wolf already in place by this time. I will look at votes that helped establish or give momentum to the non wolf candidates.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #417
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Also, has anyone else noticed that clap has not been around at all today? Hope everything is ok.

Me 2. I love you clap! hamsa...

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:14 PM   #418
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

It's not random. I already said I disagreed with your arguement for why Jackal would have revealed today, and your late vote on day1 to me was suspect. You moved off of Clap and onto Pass. The other save clap vote that isn't dead was Schmidty who unvoted Clap and onto Jackal. Since your vote moved onto a known good guy, it makes me lean towards you.

So I should have left my vote on someone who just said he was the bodyguard? At the time, it was tied between three players and I did not want to kill off a guy claiming to the body guard. That is a hardly the save a wolf vote at all.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:16 PM   #419
The Jackal
Coordinator

Clap is probably still crying from the Sakic retirement ceremony, no worries
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:12 PM   #420
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I'm not changing my vote but i am curious about something, did anyone see "Supernatural" last night? I missed it.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:37 PM   #421
The Jackal
Coordinator

Did the deadline get changed or was it 4 yesterday too?
Old 10-02-2009, 02:39 PM   #422
Autumn
Head Coach

I changed it for today, it was 3:30 yesterday.

On that note, my thought is just to do day three deadline Monday afternoon. Any other thoughts?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #423
The Jackal
Coordinator

That's generally accepted. With night deadlines people will run the deadline on Sunday night, but I'm sure that'll be fine.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:45 PM   #424
J23
College Benchwarmer

Whatever deadline makes things easy on you running it is fine with me.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:52 PM   #425
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

why do we skip weekends? Cuz everyone is busy im assuming

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 10-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #426
Autumn
Head Coach

Yes, I think most people don't have time to check in much over the weekend, so historically we've just stretched the play over the weekend.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #427
Telle
College Starter

You just don't get much participation on weekends.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:59 PM   #428
Autumn
Head Coach

Time check
Old 10-02-2009, 03:00 PM   #429
Autumn
Head Coach

And one more time
Old 10-02-2009, 03:01 PM   #430
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
The village meeting settles down to silence as it has long been decided. Claphamsa avoided the noose yesterday, but today you have convinced each other he did so with the silver tongue of the Lord of Lies. You have been deceived, you are sure, and he will pay. You hope that with his death the witches will be gone from your lives, and you can return to normalcy.

Claphamsa is dragged out of the meeting hall. He has nothing to say, long since gone silent. The gallows still hold Passacaglia's corpse, none can dare face his innocent face. Instead Claphamsa is tied above a bonfire, and the bonfire lit. Only some dare watch, worried suddenly that you may have made a mistake.

However, all worries are lost when Claphamsa's body bursts into an unnatural flame, bursting into fire as if it was made of the driest wood. You hear his voice calling out cruelly in some unknown tongue. He then crumbles to ashes and the fire is put out. Staring at the strange remains you know that you have done it, you have caught one of the witches of Salem Village.

Claphamsa was a witch.

Final Vote Count

Claphamsa 11 - TheJackal Danny PurdueBrad AbeSargent Schmidty DarthVilus MartinD Lathum GoldenEagle Lerriuqs Telle
The Jackal 1 - Claphamsa
Golden Eagle 1 - J23

Last edited by Autumn : 10-02-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:02 PM   #431
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
You go to your homes with a sudden lightness in your heart, a hope that perhaps you have done it, rid your village of that foul coven. There's no denying the worry though that leads you to still latch your windows and doors and huddle fearfully in the dark of your bedrooms. The night seems longer than ever, and sleep comes difficultly.

Night results will come in a moment once PMs have been sent.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:04 PM   #432
Schmidty
Coordinator

YES!!!!
Old 10-02-2009, 03:04 PM   #433
Danny
Head Coach

That's what I thought, this will give us quite a bit to go on going forward.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #434
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
The sun is such a welcome sight, and the whole village pours out at daybreak, eager for the light and the air. You all look around at each other, wondering if it could be that your nightmare is over. It seems it is not. One of your members is not here. Goodman Brown is missing, and you find his corpse in his small hut. You are surprised to discover though that Goodman Brown, a tenant farmer you all paid little attention to, could write. And his journal is not easy reading, filled with curses and hatred for each one of you. It seems that Goodman Brown was no witch, but he had no love for Salem Village at all. You pore through his notes but find nothing suggesting the identities of the other witches.

Abe Sargent is dead. Abe was the Sorcerer. He counted as a villager but won only if the witches won. He was not aware of the names of the witches.

Day 3 begins. Deadline will be 3:30 on Monday EST.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #435
Danny
Head Coach

Claphamsa 4 - Danny J23 MartinD AbeSargent
Passacaglia 6 - TheJackal Lathum Darth Vilus PurdueBrad GoldenEagle Kwhit
The Jackal 5 - Lerriuqs Telle Claphamsa Passacaglia Schmidty
Autumn is online now Report Post Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #436
Telle
College Starter

Sweet
Old 10-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #437
Danny
Head Coach

Wow, thats' even better! I thought I was going to be dead to be honest.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #438
Telle
College Starter

Oooh.. looks like we lucked out with who the wolves chose too.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #439
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well done with the NK, witches!
Old 10-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #440
The Jackal
Coordinator

And thank you for believing me, guys.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:07 PM   #441
Danny
Head Coach

Claphamsa 4 - Danny J23 MartinD AbeSargent
Passacaglia 6 - TheJackal Lathum Darth Vilus PurdueBrad GoldenEagle Kwhit
The Jackal 5 - Lerriuqs Telle Claphamsa Passacaglia Schmidty

Note- The wolves had no knowledge of Abe and he had no knowledge of them
Old 10-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #442
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
And thank you for believing me, guys.

The evidence was in favor of you and since I suspected Clap day 1 it wasn't too hard a choice
Old 10-02-2009, 03:10 PM   #443
Danny
Head Coach

Claphamsa 11 - TheJackal, Danny, PurdueBrad, ,AbeSargent ,Schmidty, DarthVilus, MartinD Lathum, GoldenEagle, Lerriuqs, Telle
The Jackal 1 - Claphamsa
Golden Eagle 1 - J23
Old 10-02-2009, 03:10 PM   #444
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Clap is very very strange. wuz he dropeed on his head as a baby?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 10-02-2009, 03:11 PM   #445
Danny
Head Coach

We need a content specific vote analysis from day 1 now to see who made the key votes to shift attention away from Clap and onto Pass and or Jackal.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:12 PM   #446
Schmidty
Coordinator

Time for me to reveal since we already got a wolf.

I work White Magic and can bake a white cake mixed with hair and little bits of other things from a neighbor everyday (this sounds weird, I know), which when I check it the next day, tells me if that person is a user of Black Magic - A Witch.

I am the Seer.

I am coming out so early because we already got one wolf, and I hit on another one on my first scan - Lathum.

I also just scanned Darth, and he is good.

Vote Lathum
Old 10-02-2009, 03:13 PM   #447
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

wow, looks like a pretty good second day. Congrtas all around

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 10-02-2009, 03:14 PM   #448
Schmidty
Coordinator

If The Jackal will be so kind as to guard me tomorrow night, I will be able to get one last scan in before I die, unless of course Lathum is the Brutal.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:14 PM   #449
Telle
College Starter

Awesome job Schmidty! We're kickin' ass!

vote Lathum
Old 10-02-2009, 03:15 PM   #450
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Time for me to reveal since we already got a wolf.

I work White Magic and can bake a white cake mixed with hair and little bits of other things from a neighbor everyday (this sounds weird, I know), which when I check it the next day, tells me if that person is a user of Black Magic - A Witch.

I am the Seer.

I am coming out so early because we already got one wolf, and I hit on another one on my first scan - Lathum.

I also just scanned Darth, and he is good.

Vote Lathum

then what does that make you if not a witch? :-) a wiccan? and isn't it strange that someone named darth is always good

―Darth Plagueis the Wise